• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

I've noticed something really minor, and it's really stupid that it's bothering me, but the front of a dwarfs ankle clips through the bottom of their foot when they run. I just can't un-see it now that I've noticed it.

I'm like this about so many cosmetic things. It will drive me crazy if I let it.

The one that's currently bothering me is how male worgen hold their weapons. They need to be pushed back further into the hands. I first noticed it with daggers and how they hold them by the end of the handle, and then I saw how the edge of their hands are sticking out of the Claws of Ursoc.

Acidote

Those whispers are funny:
"Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."

Can't wait to fight
Jaina
. No one could have ever imagined that.

lol

It is fucking rough trying to play a Fury Warrior after spending so much time with Protection Paladin. They feel like they're made out of paper.

I'm like this about so many cosmetic things. It will drive me crazy if I let it.

The one that's currently bothering me is how male worgen hold their weapons. They need to be pushed back further into the hands. I first noticed it with daggers and how they hold them by the end of the handle, and then I saw how the edge of their hands are sticking out of the Claws of Ursoc.

I think the only races/sexes that have the least amount of cosmetic issues are male and female humans, female orcs and male blood elves. Every other race/sex combination has issues with weapon scaling and clipping. Although Tauren weapon and Gnome mount scaling is awesome.

Rizzi

Ugh, gearing up alts is a pain in the arse.
God forbid you want to swap specs. Enjoy getting a frost and arcane relic if you want to stop playing fire.

It is fucking rough trying to play a Fury Warrior after spending so much time with Protection Paladin. They feel like they're made out of paper.

I think the only races/sexes that have the least amount of cosmetic issues are male and female humans, female orcs and male blood elves. Every other race/sex combination has issues with weapon scaling and clipping. Although Tauren weapon and Gnome mount scaling is awesome.

Human female weapon scaling is ridiculous. Daggers look like swords on them.

M.D

Can you kill Nithogg multiple times until you get loot? or get loot multiple times? He doesn't appear as a lockout in the Raid Info tab like previous world bosses

Robin64

Can you kill Nithogg multiple times until you get loot? or get loot multiple times? He doesn't appear as a lockout in the Raid Info tab like previous world bosses

But he appears as a World Quest, no? Which is then completed when you kill and doens't appear again?

Lanrutcon

World Boss mechanics:

1) You only have any shot at loot, both normal and rerolled, if you have the world quest that week.
2) You only get a chance at loot once per week (if you only get gold or whatever you cannot rekill to get another shot at loot that week).
3) You only get 1 reroll chance per world boss per week (this does not have to be on the same kill as #2, so you can kill it for a shot at loot, then rekill it later that week and use a reroll item)

Bottom line: you get 1 drop chance and 1 reroll chance per week. No loopholes, no farming, no second tries if the RNG gives you gold instead of gear.

Lanrutcon

Hooray I finally figured out Withered training!

*gets murdered by tiny spiders*

There are 2 kinds: the purple wandering ones (come from white eggs), and the ones from red pulsating eggs in The Room Of Death(tm).

The second kind will tear you a new asshole if you let them gang up, as they do dramatically more damage than the first kind which you see all over the place.

cdyhybrid

Killed Ursoc and Nightmare Dragons. EN is great so far. Awesome art, fun fights. Got some good attempts in on Renferal but called it because it was late.

M.D

But he appears as a World Quest, no? Which is then completed when you kill and doens't appear again?

World Boss mechanics:

1) You only have any shot at loot, both normal and rerolled, if you have the world quest that week.
2) You only get a chance at loot once per week (if you only get gold or whatever you cannot rekill to get another shot at loot that week).
3) You only get 1 reroll chance per world boss per week (this does not have to be on the same kill as #2, so you can kill it for a shot at loot, then rekill it later that week and use a reroll item)

Bottom line: you get 1 drop chance and 1 reroll chance per week. No loopholes, no farming, no second tries if the RNG gives you gold instead of gear.

Thanks.

Retribution Paladin feels waaay more tanky than Fury Warrior. Justicar's Vengeance is such a good talent, you get so much health back off of stunned targets.

Human female weapon scaling is ridiculous. Daggers look like swords on them.

I would rather have daggers that look like swords than swords that look like daggers, see female Blood Elf.

mclem

Is Cross-realm enabled for non-Mythic raids from the outset? We've got someone who should be transferring and joining our guild from the weekend, and it might not be a bad idea to get him in raiding before that transfer goes through if at all possible.

mclem

do you not teleport to direbrew in lfg anymore????

Did Blizzard somehow fucked the Coren Direbrew "dungeon"? I mean, didn't we use to be put right in front of the boss before? Now we have to do this ridiculous long walk between lvl 50 mobs to get to him.

Edit: Ah, see that I'm not alone.

There's a mole machine at the entrance to go directly to Direbrew - and there has been for a very long time, but I suspect it's largely been forgotten since LFG started taking you straight to the Guzzler instead. Confusingly, though, there's now *another* mole machine tied to when they revamped the dungeon to make it easier to get around. Go *past* that mole machine to the series of boxes on the ground, those are control boxes for the Direbrew mole.

My guild's rocking master loot for this to control loot dispersal. Should we be doing Personal? We're getting 5 items per boss, for a raid of 25.

I've been wondering this. Long-term I'm definitely planning to go back to EPGP, because people may be more willing to pass on an item if it's better stats for another. For the first raid, though, I'm toying with the idea of using Personal simply by virtue of the fact that most drops will be an upgrade; we're not a guild with a significant majority in the 840+ ballpark.

Those whispers are funny:
"Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."

Can't wait to fight
Jaina
. No one could have ever imagined that.

lol

Actually, there is *one* interesting thing, here:

Who is doing the corrupting is different from what a lot of people were surmising

I think tanks in general find Vers desirable. Paladins, definitely.

It's a decent stat to get, but generally backed in mechanics for classes result in a specific stat being better. I know on Blood DK's you want to stack Mastery early on for better Blood Shields, after that it's Haste for better Rune regeneration, and Crit because it directly contributes to your Parry chance.

EDIT: Looking at the other tank specs it appears Versatility is top priority for Druids, Pallies, and situationally Warriors. It's also the best stat after Agility for DH's for increasing survivability.

The more tanks I try, the less I like Brewmasters damage mitigation/self-healing abilities. Monks are really fun to play but I sort of don't understand the thought process behind how Expel Harm and Gift of the Ox interact when you look at how a Protection Paladin's damage mitigation/self-healing works with Light/Hand of the Protector.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are Blizzard really getting DDOSed at 6am?

Omg these fucking losers have nothing better to do huh? Have to waste their time with this shit rather than sleeping.

mclem

The more tanks I try, the less I like Brewmasters damage mitigation/self-healing abilities. Monks are really fun to play but I sort of don't understand the thought process behind how Expel Harm and Gift of the Ox interact when you look at how a Protection Paladin's damage mitigation/self-healing works with Light/Hand of the Protector.

The consecration thing is interesting for us Pallies, because while I'm really comfortable in my consecration, but when I have to leave it and can't cast another for a while, things get scary.

Need to get the hang of making sure I have a cast available if I'm going to need to move.

It's 3 am here and yes, they're getting DDoS'd. Happened right as I started fighting a rare, server ping climbed up to 600+, game became totally unresponsive, had to kill the .exe to exit.

Lanrutcon

Perfect time to DDOS as they want to interfere with bleeding edge raiding. The 27th is going to be the same. There's not much Blizzard can do, I'm afraid.

Tonight I'll take a stab at getting into a PUG raid with my 840 lock. Any bets how many rejections I'll face before I get lucky?

Perfect time to DDOS as they want to interfere with bleeding edge raiding. The 27th is going to be the same. There's not much Blizzard can do, I'm afraid.

Tonight I'll take a stab at getting into a PUG raid with my 840 lock. Any bets how many rejections I'll face before I get lucky?

Server and Region? My friends and I are doing a Pug Normal EN later tonight and I might come fishing for some people.

vocab

Cleared all of normal. No loot sadly. Had a good log on cenarius but god damn servers dc fucked the log up. Heroic shit tomorrow.

Mythic 4 court of stars suck. But at least im realm 3rd for cos.

Mythic maw 4 was a joke.

Also some guy in my guild got his third legendary in raid. Blizzard can shove this legendary non sense up their ass.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
nothing from world boss for my hunter and there wasnt enough ppl for my monk, will do it later. The 1k resources from the WQ are actually useful because im short for the next class upgrade (12.5k)

nothing from world boss for my hunter and there wasnt enough ppl for my monk, will do it later. The 1k resources from the WQ are actually useful because im short for the next class upgrade (12.5k)

Yea I hit that point as well. I chalk it up to spending more time on my DK as of late and just spamming missions and work orders on my Rogue while doing the bare minimum for WQ's. I'm t like 6k resources which is about half of what I need X_X

Mupod

10% damage nerf my ass. I got left out of the raid so I ran mythics with friends - in Eye of Azshara which I usually end with 220k average, I'm now doing 140. Wonder if all tanks got hit this hard or they decided to use the real nerf bat on Blood DK.

I was surprised at how little outcry there was on the main forum until I realized it's because they've been DDOSed so much nobody can post.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yea I hit that point as well. I chalk it up to spending more time on my DK as of late and just spamming missions and work orders on my Rogue while doing the bare minimum for WQ's. I'm t like 6k resources which is about half of what I need X_X

actually on the hunter was spending resources on the class set to get into heroics at first and then...because?

on the monk I didnt do any epic upgrades because I knew I would inevitably get shit from WQs and shit. And as expected, im like 835 on the monk already. Fool me once etc :)

Man, shadow is just disappointing. After pushing up gear to achieve min ilvls I'm left with more mastery than is ideal and man do the numbers suck at the moment, both single target and aoe. And the Emerald Dream doesn't help much, there is so much movement in the two fights we finished last night which bombs my numbers even further down the charts.

Thinking I'm going to start leveling my hunter and shelve the priest, it always feels good to play the OG toon.

Rizzi

Man, shadow is just disappointing. After pushing up gear to achieve min ilvls I'm left with more mastery than is ideal and man do the numbers suck at the moment, both single target and aoe. And the Emerald Dream doesn't help much, there is so much movement in the two fights we finished last night which bombs my numbers even further down the charts.

Thinking I'm going to start leveling my hunter and shelve the priest, it always feels good to play the OG toon.

Welcome to shadow.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Raiding as Arcane tonight. I'm not really confident about my ability to maintain quickening stacks with NT spam so I'm thinking of going Overpowered instead. Just hoping I can out-DPS the tank.

Mupod

Raiding as Arcane tonight. I'm not really confident about my ability to maintain quickening stacks with NT spam so I'm thinking of going Overpowered instead. Just hoping I can out-DPS the tank.

that should be easy now because blizzard can't into math and thinks 10% means 50%.

Lanrutcon

Taking a look at the collective logs from last night for EN HC.

Not a single Warlock in any spec has come within 100k of the top dps on any boss in any log, including the one where everyone was like "Locks can cleave they'll be fine". The single target boss fight logs are especially depressing: when mages 10 ilevels below you deal over 100k more dps than you as a pure dps class...

In semi-related news, the logs pretty much confirm what was foretold since beta: Arms, Feral, Fire and Outlaw for single target, Marksmanship for AoE and Havoc for cleave.The divide between those classes and everyone is significant.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I do think it's a bit premature to worry about rerolling or considering switching to a FOTM spec, before the first post-raid balance pass. They're going to have to be pretty huge buffs if the underperforming classes are reaching between 1/2 and 2/3rds the damage of the highest performing, and I'm assuming that NT-Quickening is going to be removed. I actually think that having quickening stack to 25 and each giving 8% haste would be a completely reasonable buff given how absurd the playstyle is to reach 80+ stacks is.

'Just reroll a good spec', as a bunch of people have pointed out, isn't really a good piece of advice when you've invested time and AP in an Artifact for a 'bad' spec.

lazygecko

I've noticed something really minor, and it's really stupid that it's bothering me, but the front of a dwarfs ankle clips through the bottom of their foot when they run. I just can't un-see it now that I've noticed it.

Never play a dwarf monk.

Dwarves always seemed to have the most clipping issues out of all the races. In the vanilla model if you had a cape, half of it would always disappear into the body during two-handed combat animations.

Top Bottom