• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Lanrutcon

I do think it's a bit premature to worry about rerolling or considering switching to a FOTM spec, before the first post-raid balance pass. They're going to have to be pretty huge buffs if the underperforming classes are reaching between 1/2 and 2/3rds the damage of the highest performing, and I'm assuming that NT-Quickening is going to be removed. I actually think that having quickening stack to 25 and each giving 8% haste would be a completely reasonable buff given how absurd the playstyle is to reach 80+ stacks is.

'Just reroll a good spec', as a bunch of people have pointed out, isn't really a good piece of advice when you've invested time and AP in an Artifact for a 'bad' spec.

Oh, I agree. I like my Warlock.

I'm just curious as to what Blizzard's bullshit response is going to be now that the numbers have confirmed what people have been saying for months.

Maybe we start with 4 shards next week. Can you do 100,000 more damage per second with an extra starting shard? I know I can't.

Naarmight

Made 28k this morning selling all the food I had made levelling cooking. (Still only 760 lol) Thirst is real for raiding tonight it would seem.

Just need to work out how many Salmon I will need to catch to be able to afford the Spider mount

Oh, I agree. I like my Warlock.

I'm just curious as to what Blizzard's bullshit response is going to be now that the numbers have confirmed what people have been saying for months.

Maybe we start with 4 shards next week. Can you do 100,000 more damage per second with an extra starting shard? I know I can't.
What if you started with like.. a thousand soul shards?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Wasn't even sure if we would be raiding last night, but ended up taking out 4 bosses. Il'Gynoth is a pretty crazy fight. I wonder how many of the mechanics will be neutered or straight up removed for LFR.

Also, all of his whispers are awesome and totally setting up the old god expansion that will happen as a result of the pillars of creation being used.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
860 ring from world boss on the monk to replace my 830, ill take it :3

zarnold56

Anyone pugged the raid at all? My server Kargath is pretty dead on the Horde side so it looks like the only way I will get to try it beyond LFR is to use the LFG tool. I saw a bunch of groups yesterday with 1 or 2 bosses down, just wondering how hard the raid is on normal.

M.D

Going from a tank who can solo anything and pull the entire map, plus never get ganked because fools know they can't kill you and having short que times to.. the exact oppoiste plus having to rely on another person to tank.. well it simply sucks

Anyone pugged the raid at all? My server Kargath is pretty dead on the Horde side so it looks like the only way I will get to try it beyond LFR is to use the LFG tool. I saw a bunch of groups yesterday with 1 or 2 bosses down, just wondering how hard the raid is on normal.

Before heroic last night I went with some guildies to a normal pug nobody was really paying attention to.

With no real leadership, mediocre numbers and only about an hour and a half we downed the Nyth, Ursoc, and Elereth with Illgynoth not far behind.

So from that experience I think Normal is very puggable, and will only be moreso as people learn the fights and get gear. Especially because you can get Mythic level gear outside of any raiding.

If any of us guildies had stepped up and started explaining/directing I think the first 4 would be very doable. It's so forgiving that honestly I think Normal pugs will be way better than LFR for people with enough time to find a group. And good fucking riddance I say, LFR is pure unadulterated misery.

Mupod

I wasn't really expecting to get in the raid last night but goddamn there were 50 people online and even some of their more prominent members had to sit out. But they made it to Xavius pretty fast. I'm sure things will thin out a little once they get past the trivial free loot content but it's a bit annoying that I was pulled out of 'retirement' by friends in order to raid and they forgot to mention their guild was super full. Doesn't really matter since I have a solid mythic+ group and I just need to wait for the herd to thin out a little, but I'm not a patient man.

So far:

SATURDAY - HORDE NA

I'm Horde NA and I should be fine to raid at that time. I probably won't have time to pug anything this week as I also have my mythic+ group to worry about.

Mupod - Burning Blade (Blood/Unholy DK)

847 with flasks/pots and I've studied the fights. Tank and DPS artifacts are about even. Prefer to tank if at all possible but I've been practicing my DPS so that's fine too.

Babalu.

so is anyone else having legendaries drop from the raid?

We only did normal 7/7 yesterday but 3 legendaries dropped.

A DK BIS legendary
a Ret Paladin 2nd best legendary
and a hunter one

was pretty crazy. It was 1 from 3 different bosses. I'm wondering if they upped droprates for the raid Because tomorrow we are doing heroic and i want my gosh darn legendary cape. (ret paladin).

and some of these fights man, so much movement. the spider boss. the eyeball with adds all over the place... so annoying as a ret paladin

Magnus

so is anyone else having legendaries drop from the raid?

We only did normal 7/7 yesterday but 3 legendaries dropped.

A DK BIS legendary
a Ret Paladin 2nd best legendary
and a hunter one

was pretty crazy. It was 1 from 3 different bosses. I'm wondering if they upped droprates for the raid Because tomorrow we are doing heroic and i want my gosh darn legendary cape. (ret paladin).

and some of these fights man, so much movement. the spider boss. the eyeball with adds all over the place... so annoying as a ret paladin

Holy shit, that's pretty great! Were you on personal loot, and was it normal?

We downed two bosses on Normal. No Legendaries!

mclem

I'm given to understand that Legendaries are *always* on a personal loot roll, independent of the main loot setting.

Killed Nithogg for the first time today and got two pieces of 860 gear, the ring and the artifact relic. Shame I'm a Ret Paladin, though.

Sub runs out in 6 hours and I'm not sure whether to renew or not. Raiding on my main is out of the question til at least 7.1 my healer alt has just hit Suramar which just bores the tits off me but I have to do to unlock World Quests, and all this talk of "dolla dolla" makes me wish I levelled my Outlaw Rogue herbalist lol.

I love some of the people in my guild, but man we have some dead weight. 2 hours and we managed to just do Nyth and Ursoc on normal. I'm a ww monk and I was top dps for Nyth and 2nd for Ursoc, so that's saying something. We have fire mages, outlaw rogues, hunters and arms warriors so I expected to be a lot lower, but some people are just terrible at mechanics.

Going to start mythic+ with my dedicated group tonight so that should be fun. I'm a little sad about the SotW nerf but I'll be happy if that's all they do to ww monks (I doubt it).

How have people's mythic+ experiences been so far?

Magnus

Are you herbalists or did you buy them before hand? I should have thought about it before but the current prices are insane

I sold herbs that my alts farmed from 101-104 (no Starlight Roses), and bought a fuck-ton more to get my main (Alch) to make flasks.

I love some of the people in my guild, but man we have some dead weight. 2 hours and we managed to just do Nyth and Ursoc on normal. I'm a ww monk and I was top dps for Nyth and 2nd for Ursoc, so that's saying something. We have fire mages, outlaw rogues, hunters and arms warriors so I expected to be a lot lower, but some people are just terrible at mechanics.

Word. We were 1.5h on Nythendra Normal...people had to shake off the rustiness. I haven't raided above LFR in 5 years (!) and was still fine with Rot, etc. But man, we had Rots EVERYWHERE.

Apathy

And of course I didn't pick that one. Any other way?

Just random missions you can send your guys on, sometimes in caches. You can switch your order Hall upgrades I believe. You can go to the guy and take the other one you didn't take. Not 100% sure on that though

Babalu.

yeah, personal loot, and normal 7/7.

hoping heroic tonight shares the same droprate of legendaries because i got 0 loot yesterday. 0 drops and nothing really traded to me despite being 843 only.

RPGCrazied

Just random missions you can send your guys on, sometimes in caches. You can switch your order Hall upgrades I believe. You can go to the guy and take the other one you didn't take. Not 100% sure on that though

I'll try that, I wonder if you have to wait for the cooldown. Like days and days. It sucks.

Somnia

Did my Wrath of Azshara quest last night on my DH, finished the dungeon, but when I clicked the NPC to zone out after being done with the quest it was during the DDOS. You don't get booted while in a dungeon usually but when I did that it booted me and didn't save us killing the final boss so I have to run it again... blah

Just got that pandaren brew keg toy from the Brewfest event and my monk feels complete. Sucks that it lasts for five minutes and has a cooldown of a half an hour.

Word. We were 1.5h on Nythendra Normal...people had to shake off the rustiness. I haven't raided above LFR in 5 years (!) and was still fine with Rot, etc. But man, we had Rots EVERYWHERE.

Everyyyyyywhere. People are definitely rusty and that's fine. I tried to not get too frustrated, we're not super hardcore or anything so I'm pleased we at least killed something!

Y'all are reminding me I need to work on my herb/alch character, damn.

Yushi

In about 3hours of raiding with the new guild (haven't WoW raided since BC). The server crashed which made us lose around 30-45 minutes. We cleared EN on normal and 2/7 on Heroic. Felt pretty good, hopefully i made a the cut as a healer in the raid group.

Robin64

Legion has more mobs evading/resetting than any expansion I've seen before.

Heck, there's a Brimstone Infernal up right now for a mining quest, he's standing on a slope, he just evades constantly.

Top Bottom