• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Legion has more mobs evading/resetting than any expansion I've seen before.

Heck, there's a Brimstone Infernal up right now for a mining quest, he's standing on a slope, he just evades constantly.

it's doubly worse if you're a pet class

your pet having pathing issues will double your chances for the mob to randomly start evading

M.D

Is the ratio between tanks/healers and DPS that high that I have to wait at least half an hour to get into a dungeon? and then I get into the last boss and get no loot ffs

thefil

In about 3hours of raiding with the new guild (haven't WoW raided since BC). The server crashed which made us lose around 30-45 minutes. We cleared EN on normal and 2/7 on Heroic. Felt pretty good, hopefully i made a the cut as a healer in the raid group.

Damn! We got 3/7 on Normal in 2.5 hours and I felt pretty good about it. A good portion of our guild is undergeared though, I was top of the DPS charts and I'm not a good player.

thefil

Il'gnyoth is such a jerk. We clear the first cycle really easily, but in the second cycle is seems like he spawns adds much faster. Is that true? I thought it would just be a rinse and repeat, but everything falls apart once the two Mind's Eye-casting tentacles spawn and then 2 Corruptor Tentacles quickly follow.

Is the ratio between tanks/healers and DPS that high that I have to wait at least half an hour to get into a dungeon? and then I get into the last boss and get no loot ffs

All the tanks rage quit from the nerfs. Or not since healer queues are still short.

It may have something to do with the artifact system and some of the folks who would normally tank/heal dungeons as alt specs being more focused on their DPS spec to get up to raiding speed. Just conjecture though.

Believe it or not, a 30 minute dps queue time isn't that bad. In Warlords of Draenor 45+ minute queue times were the norm as an Elemental Shaman. That pushed me into trying my hand at healing and playing Resto.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Legion is actually the buggiest expansion I've played, but the amount of actual content and things to do seems a lot higher so I'm okay with it. They should really fix the tooltips though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Our Hunters were doing the most DPS by quite a bit, followed by me and a warrior (Outlaw and Arms) and our equally geared (and last I remember, decently skilled) Ret Pally was just atrocious.

I can technically do more than everyone, but that only happens when I roll a 6 with Roll the Bones.

Mupod

All the tanks rage quit from the nerfs. Or not since healer queues are still short.

It may have something to do with the artifact system and some of the folks who would normally tank/heal dungeons as alt specs being more focused on their DPS spec to get up to raiding speed. Just conjecture though.

Blood DK doing 40% less damage after the '10%' nerf here. Considering in most random heroics as a tank I typically ended up doing 35-45% of the group total damage, that makes me a hell of a lot less likely to want to run heroics. I'd rather wait 20 minutes as Unholy and finish the dungeon way faster because at least we'll have one guy doing damage.

Blood DK doing 40% less damage after the '10%' nerf here. Considering in most random heroics as a tank I typically ended up doing 35-45% of the group total damage, that makes me a hell of a lot less likely to want to run heroics. I'd rather wait 20 minutes as Unholy and finish the dungeon way faster because at least we'll have one guy doing damage.

Fuck, it's that bad?!

thefil

Our Hunters were doing the most DPS by quite a bit, followed by me and a warrior (Outlaw and Arms) and our equally geared (and last I remember, decently skilled) Ret Pally was just atrocious.

I can technically do more than everyone, but that only happens when I roll a 6 with Roll the Bones.

Yeah, us too. 3 hunters in a 14-person group and we were all consistently in the top 5. Two BM and one MM.

Lomax

Legion has more mobs evading/resetting than any expansion I've seen before.

Heck, there's a Brimstone Infernal up right now for a mining quest, he's standing on a slope, he just evades constantly.

Yeah, that and constantly being stuck in combat. And it's not just a broken isles thing, it was happening during 7.0; they changed something for the worse. The absolute worst is bodyguards that taunt though, they get stuck, taunt a mob, mob gets stuck, and it's just an inescapable nightmare.

96 min queue for Silvermoon EU.

Basically unplayable, that.

Thinking of asking Blizzard for a free character transfer to get away.

There was someone in here talking about 2 hour queues and how he had barely been able to play at all in over a week, he contacted blizzard about a free transfer and they basically said they didn't care, so he closed his account.

LogicStep

So I'm thinking on maybe going back into the game. I've skipped the last two expansions.

How are Demon Hunters? I heard they can tank or dps? How's the end game for casuals?

thefil

So I'm thinking on maybe going back into the game. I've skipped the last two expansions.

How are Demon Hunters? I heard they can tank or dps? How's the end game for casuals?

With LFR, you can at least see all the raids as a super casual player. I did it to finish out Blackrock Foundry/Hellfire in WoD since I had quit shortly after Foundry opened.

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider
man, the number of Normal EN's in group finder requiring 840... lol..

if i can easily fill a group of random people with those i know have played the game slightly more and have more of a statistical cushion for bad play, and i can do that at absolutely no cost to me, i will.

cdyhybrid

Pretty good. You can get Mythic raid quality loot from Mythic+ dungeons, which are the new Challenge Modes (think Greater Rifts from Diablo 3).

Only thing you'd really be missing out on is Mythic-level raid sets.

There's a lot to do in the end-game in Legion, while there is an end-game zone, Suramar, the end-game content is spread across all questing zones with the World Quest system. The end-game basically takes place in all zones. With world quests, every day you can complete 4 world quests for 3 faction and get a reward, although completing individual world quests always nets an individual, smaller reward. There's also profession questing, which is fairly involved and an order hall campaign to invest yourself in outside of pvp and raiding.

Artanisix

I do less than 100k single target dps as a prot warrior now LMAO

thanks blizz and thanks all the clowns in this thread who said tank dps should be nerfed

first EN boss was easy. 2nd time I beat the first boss of a raid on a pug on the first day in 1 try (other being Kargath in HM but this took longer)

my guild got all the way to xavius before calling it a day

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
if i can easily fill a group of random people with those i know have played the game slightly more and have more of a statistical cushion for bad play, and i can do that at absolutely no cost to me, i will.

840 requirement is fine? Pugs aren't as good as coordinated groups, and getting 840 is a joke.

We're 5 tries 5 kills so far (on normal >.>).

more just relating to what cdyhybrid already said.. Normal is a minimal upgrade from 840, or even no upgrade in specific cases presuming you already have a number of 850 pieces. screams to the group creator looking for more of a carry......

cdyhybrid

more just relating to what cdyhybrid already said.. Normal is a minimal upgrade from 840, or even no upgrade in specific cases presuming you already have a number of 850 pieces. screams to the group creator looking for more of a carry......
Yeah, that's pugging though :p If you don't want to carry people you need to make your own group.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
asmongold took a pug of viewers through N EN for a 100% clear in one night
I do less than 100k single target dps as a prot warrior now LMAO

thanks blizz and thanks all the clowns in this thread who said tank dps should be nerfed

no problem

enjoy not getting an ez mode pass through all the group world content

Tacitus_

Almost got two bosses down on our first night (hc). Would've gotten them both but we wasted like 1.5 hours on the first boss with a bad strat and then two shotted it with a new one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
old news im sure but ilvl cap on WQs is raised, just got a 855 relic from 825+ WQ

mikeGFG

Banned
Can anyone help me out here?

Its been a while since last I played and I dont really understand how to level up a crafting profession from 0 to 800 (Jewelcrafting in my case).

It seems like I can craft a lot of Legion items at level 1, but they seem really expensive to make. Is there some catchup mechanic to get me up to a reasonable level, or should I just start crafting tons of copper goods?

Tenebrous

no problem

enjoy not getting an ez mode pass through all the group world content

Hah, yeah right. That 10% damage nerf adding a few seconds to a world quest kill will really hurt, especially when there's only four I need to do a day.

Can anyone help me out here?

Its been a while since last I played and I dont really understand how to level up a crafting profession from 0 to 800 (Jewelcrafting in my case).

It seems like I can craft a lot of Legion items at level 1, but they seem really expensive to make. Is there some catchup mechanic to get me up to a reasonable level, or should I just start crafting tons of copper goods?

Make WoD stuff. Go to Ashran, and buy the JC recipe book for 100g.

Mupod

You're a taaaaaaaaaank. Look it up.

Sincerely,
A satisfied clown

Tank DPS could get pretty high in trivial dungeons where you could AOE down multiple packs at once. Still didn't touch what a real DPS class could do. I mean last night I was doing 330k as Unholy during heroic trash and I barely know what I'm doing (hell I didn't even know about the death and decay scourge strike interaction for way too long). It just happens that for a couple weeks, easy Mythics were 'endgame' so there was a lot of fixation on how much damage tanks were doing. But it's less relevant now that we're into raids where tank DPS is meaningless and mythic+ which presumably will involve CC and not endless cleave.

But hey I guess these 70k heroes in random heroics will be happier even though their dungeons now take way longer.

I mean whatever nerfs happen, although such huge massive sweeping nerfs are rare. It's the fact that they said 10% and it was actually much much worse is what's messed up.

Tacitus_

wait
a world quest
for a life relic...

SEERSI, YOU ARE FUCKED

Edit: TWO. At the same time. Holy shit.

tumblr_o9lp34sMRI1s5m21go1_250.gif

old news im sure but ilvl cap on WQs is raised, just got a 855 relic from 825+ WQ

You can titanforge into really high values, so it's usually worthwhile to do gear quests now.

Blood DK can kill ten mobs at a time without breaking a sweat. The only time I've felt the damage nerf is when I'm whittling away at a ! quest mob or a silver, and that sucked before the nerf anyway. Otherwise D&D/HS/blood boil do great DPS(for a tank) on giant piles of mobs.

Prot warrior doesn't have great area damage but you have to give something up for how stupid easy ignore pain/shield block is to use vs. the AM/recovery mechanics of almost every other tank spec. You can cheat some area damage talents probably if dungeon/world quest deeps are an issue.

Lanrutcon

I mean whatever nerfs happen, although such huge massive sweeping nerfs are rare. It's the fact that they said 10% and it was actually much much worse is what's messed up.

I feel a nerf was obviously necessary to maintain the balance, but I'll agree that the a huge massive sweeping nerf indicates Blizzard were on vacation during Beta and are now scrambling.

Top Bottom