• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Somnia

Our Hunters were doing the most DPS by quite a bit, followed by me and a warrior (Outlaw and Arms) and our equally geared (and last I remember, decently skilled) Ret Pally was just atrocious.

I can technically do more than everyone, but that only happens when I roll a 6 with Roll the Bones.

Funny thing here watching Towelliee and Sparty stream last night. Their mage and DH Havoc were near #1 always followed by their Ret Paladin who was bouncing between 2 and 3.

Tenebrous

exactly, so it's a non-issue

The nerf? It's a huge issue. Not because wahhh we can't do shit fast, but because it was a lazy "fix" when tank DPS is already quite spread apart (Paladins vs Guardian Druids) & it affects mitigation of several tanks.

Don't care about the loss of damage - I only care about the manner of the so called balancing.

Oh well, 7 pulls, 7 kills. Onto heroic.

I actually don't mind Retribution Paladin with specific talents--Fist of Justice, Justicar's Vengeance and Divine Purpose--and how Ashes to Ashes can interact with the undead and demons and it's relatively low CD. It's not the old WoD slot machine fun times but I can see myself playing it whereas at pre-patch that was not the case. Ashbringer will probably be the last artifact I level but it's definitely not something I'll ignore.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You can titanforge into really high values, so it's usually worthwhile to do gear quests now.

Blood DK can kill ten mobs at a time without breaking a sweat. The only time I've felt the damage nerf is when I'm whittling away at a ! quest mob or a silver, and that sucked before the nerf anyway. Otherwise D&D/HS/blood boil do great DPS(for a tank) on giant piles of mobs.

Prot warrior doesn't have great area damage but you have to give something up for how stupid easy ignore pain/shield block is to use vs. the AM/recovery mechanics of almost every other tank spec. You can cheat some area damage talents probably if dungeon/world quest deeps are an issue.

its good because I was actually not doing any more on my hunter, just the 5 emissary and nothing else. Need that carrot man, even if its a 1% lol

Magnus

I'm feeling pretty lame on behalf of our guild given that PUGs cleared Normal last night and we only did 2/7 lol. Couldn't believe how bad people were at Rots.

Also, things got better as soon as we went up to 6 healers from 5. (In a 25m raid)

So we had like 7 pulls on Nythendra and 4 on Il'Gynoth. Both were cool fights. I could see us easily 1-shottingp them from here.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really love having a fucking pet I have almost zero control over

Feign Death.
Ok pet feign death. 'your pet is dead'
but Hati is still up. And won't feign death even though he will if the other pet is up and I FD him. Hati drags the mob on top of my feign death and lets it AOE me.

Hati you're a fucking idiot

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
got another il'nygoth whisper

'at the hour of her third death, she ushers in our coming'

WHOSE THIRD DEATH

I initially thought Sylvanas, but she's already died three times at least (actual death, suicide off of frozen throne, murdered by Crowley). So I'm not sure.

got another il'nygoth whisper

'at the hour of her third death, she ushers in our coming'

WHOSE THIRD DEATH

Sylvanas.

I initially thought Sylvanas, but she's already died three times at least (actual death, suicide off of frozen throne, murdered by Crowley). So I'm not sure.

Arthas killed her and made her a banshee, I'm not certain about how she reclaimed her body and became what she is now, she died at at the end of the Fall of Gilneas in Silverpine, when else has she died?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The global logs for EN show Hunters and Demon Hunters kick the shit out of other specs when they can keep cleaving.

The sims I saw suggested Hunters were on the low end, but I think its one of those things where the sims they run consistently assume that you're fighting Patchwerk, the type of encounter which is practically non-existent in modern WoW.

Sylvanas.

Arthas killed her and made her a banshee, I'm not certain about how she reclaimed her body and became what she is now, she died at at the end of the Fall of Gilneas in Silverpine, when else has she died?

She jumped off of Icecrown Citadel, which is where she got the Val'kyr in the first place.

Sölf

Well, first raid night, ~3 hours and 10 minute break. Nythendra first try, Ursoc 2nd, Elrethe 4th (one face pull that wasn't planned) and 2 more tries on Il'gynoth. I am pretty sure if our pre boss talk wouldn't have lasted like ~30 minutes per boss we would have killed at least one more. xD

cdyhybrid

The sims I saw suggested Hunters were on the low end, but I think its one of those things where the sims they run consistently assume that you're fighting Patchwerk, the type of encounter which is practically non-existent in modern WoW.

She jumped off of Icecrown Citadel, which is where she got the Val'kyr in the first place.
Yep. A lot of sims are based on Patchwerk and the SIM profiles themselves might not be optimal. Parses will be much more interesting.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm sure someone says this every expansion but man

This is easily the most buggy expansion they've ever put out. Quests disappearing, mobs despawning for no reason, incorrect animations, constant random phasing, CONSTANT evading and mob pathing issues. I've had a world quest to kill Eidelhorn and had him vanish at 10% then 20 minutes left on the quest respawn and then the quest just vanishes and he respawns with no credit.

Yeah, I've been lucky and have encountered very few issues in Legion versus Warlords where I hit numerous progression stoppers because instancing didn't properly function in story questlines.

I'm with data, it's probably just an oversight on Blizzard's part. Sylvanas just fits that whisper too well. Plus I don't like her and want Sylvanas to fall prey to the promises of immortality by either the Burning Legion or Old Gods so she can become a raid boss and we get to kill her.

Maledict

Screw raiding - they need to balance dps hard and fast thanks to mythic+ dungeons. The majority of time in their is spent on trash, and some classes are simply SO bad at killing trash. It's noticeable how much extra time you are losing when you have certain classes.

How has everyone been doing with mythic+ this week?

Hixx

Christ Elemental does suck while levelling. Soon as I hit 92 I went and got Doomhammer.

Not too bad when you have your cooldowns up but between them, yuck...

Sölf

I will go into Mythic+ tomorrow. Only 4 of our 5 man group have a keystone so far. We can go into Darkheart Thicket, Halls of Valor, Arcway or Black Rook Hold.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Warden themed set being a Druid set instead of a hunter set is baffling. Maybe Hunters next tier will be a Warden set more akin to the dressless Wardens

It'd be like Paladins getting a Frostwyrm themed set.

Magnus

Screw raiding - they need to balance dps hard and fast thanks to mythic+ dungeons. The majority of time in their is spent on trash, and some classes are simply SO bad at killing trash. It's noticeable how much extra time you are losing when you have certain classes.

How has everyone been doing with mythic+ this week?

As a shadow priest, I'll say it myself; we have a lot of ramp-up time, and I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up.

Until we hit Voidform the first time and get Lingering Insanity, we're totally poop. Then, if lingering falls off due to a lull in pulls (or lengthy prep before a big pull/boss), we're reset to being poop again, at least for the first 30-60 seconds of a fight, depending on the fight.

Lanrutcon

As a shadow priest, I'll say it myself; we have a lot of ramp-up time, and I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up.

Until we hit Voidform the first time and get Lingering Insanity, we're totally poop. Then, if lingering falls off due to a lull in pulls (or lengthy prep before a big pull/boss), we're reset to being poop again, at least for the first 30-60 seconds of a fight, depending on the fight.

Welcome to being an Affliction Warlock, only we can't spec Madness to cheese meters and we always reset between every fight/whenever the boss does anything which drops debuffs.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I'm with data, it's probably just an oversight on Blizzard's part. Sylvanas just fits that whisper too well. Plus I don't like her and want Sylvanas to fall prey to the promises of immortality by either the Burning Legion or Old Gods so she can become a raid boss and we get to kill her.

I'm extremely curious as to whether the whispers have any weight, though....between her and the one referencing Jaina, we'd be actively killing off a lot more major players this Xpac, and honestly, there's not much leadership left on the horde side - neither Lorthremar or Baine have nearly the pull of the OGs.

I'd honestly guess, that if anything, we'll have to save either Jaina as Alli/Sylvanas as Horde, defeat the opposite faction as a WoTLK gunship-esque scenario, or some combination of the two.

The only way I currently can see Sylvanas getting 'corrupted' is the bargain with Helya biting her in the ass - that or she could get put into a bind and say fuck it, what with the obvious 'stress' of being Warchief and keeping both herself and the other undead around.

Jaina, on the other hand...not sure, even with her going as anti-horde as she is, could 'fall' without another horde betrayal to push her all the way over the edge.

raids up on Europe today. Managed to clear normal and get 1st boss of heroic down. First time I've raided properly since err WotLK. As a healer it was a lot of fun. Resto shaman clutch on cenarious whilst entire raid runs along a tiny little clear path was fun, love spirit link totem

I'm extremely curious as to whether the whispers have any weight, though....between her and the one referencing Jaina, we'd be actively killing off a lot more major players this Xpac, and honestly, there's not much leadership left on the horde side - neither Lorthremar or Baine have nearly the pull of the OGs.

I'd honestly guess, that if anything, we'll have to save either Jaina as Alli/Sylvanas as Horde, defeat the opposite faction as a WoTLK gunship-esque scenario, or some combination of the two.

The only way I currently can see Sylvanas getting 'corrupted' is the bargain with Helya biting her in the ass - that or she could get put into a bind and say fuck it, what with the obvious 'stress' of being Warchief and keeping both herself and the other undead around.

Jaina, on the other hand...not sure, even with her going as anti-horde as she is, could 'fall' without another horde betrayal to push her all the way over the edge.

Sylvanas doesn't need to be "corrupted", she's already evil. Her alliance with the Horde and the living will fray the moment she can make more undead. That deal she was making with Helya has nothing to do with the Horde, stopping the Burning Legion, she doesn't even care about "saving" the Forsaken. She just wants to ensure she never dies again, the Val'kyr and haing more Forsaken are just an extension of that.

It is true that the ranks of Horde leadership are looking mighty thin. Thrall got winded, or something, on the Broken Shore, Gallywix and Lorthemar are useless, Ji Firepaw is a non-entity and Baine has all the personality of a jar of mayonnaise. There's pretty much just Saurfang and Sylvanas.

Prince Farondis looks like a better leader and has more personality than Lorthemar. Pity he's a ghost.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Going through premade group finder sucks ass. Is there an addon that makes it easier to navigate?

Am I wrong in interpreting this as "how do I find groups that want a DPS"? The answer is you don't.

Metroidvania

Sylvanas doesn't need to be "corrupted", she's already evil. Her alliance with the Horde and the living will fray the moment she can make more undead.

Hmmm....I mean, she's always been on the 'sinister' side, but at the same time, she's pretty straight forward in what her goals are. I don't know if I'd classify her as flat out evil, though I can see where you're coming from.

For me, there's sort of a weird disconnect between her behavior on the 'world stage' versus her talking to you as the player - she treats you with (at least relative) respect, doesn't bullshit you, lets you know (most) of her plans that you need to do to help the horde, looks after her own race, etc....

But yes, there is stuff like the enslaving of all Valkyr, the plague (in both original Wotlk form, and even the 'reduced' varieties...), sacking Gilneas, etc... Honestly don't think she'd throw the horde out wholesale, though - there's a lot of history there - as is, the undead couldn't fight the horde and the alliance, and there's also the underlying 'in-game' issue of the undead players.

Maybe, maybe if she 'knew' the Undead would survive (or at least was led to believe this), but that was kind of already Garrosh's schtick with taking control of the old gods - dunno if they'd ape it so wholesale with the Legion and Sylvanas. At least, 'willing' corruption. Forcibly getting captured or so, I could see, but that would risk aping the Emerald nightmare scenario.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are World Quests Artifact Power rewards the only catch mechanic if you wanna lvl up a 2nd Artifact weapon?

Ark

First raid night with an entirely new team. We cleared 5/7 in three hours on normal, tonnes of fun. We'll finish normal on Sunday and move right into Heroic.

Really liking Emerald Nightmare so far. Haven't had a chance to do any world bosses or Mythic+ yet, but I'm looking forward to them at the weekend :)

Metroidvania

Are World Quests Artifact Power rewards the only catch mechanic if you wanna lvl up a 2nd Artifact weapon?

There's also the daily heroic reward/drops off mobs/pvp, but primary source is most likely WQs atm, yes.

Come to think of it, I'm not actually sure how good/bad the artifact rewards from PVP are. Last I heard, IIRC they were pretty bad.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
There's also the daily heroic reward/drops off mobs/pvp, but primary source is most likely WQs atm, yes.

Come to think of it, I'm not actually sure how good/bad the artifact rewards from PVP are. Last I heard, IIRC they were pretty bad.

Considering I'd rather focus on one weapon atm, it's a bit disappointing that if i have a character with a healing spec, i will have to gimp myself since i most probably will have used most of my AP on the dps spec for questing. I suppose at one point, if your DPS spec is only used for soloing rather than dungeons & raids, you don't need to have every traits, but still...

Why build up characters like Durotan, Draka and Yrel, only to just leave them as footnotes in the overall series. AU Orcs and Draenei assisting us in saving our world after we helped them save theirs wouldn't be a stretch.

Did you just figure out how Sylvanas gets out of her predicament

I would hate her even more if she sacrificed the cursed spirits of the high elves of Azsuna just to get out of whatever pact she made with Helya that obviously failed when Greymane stopped her and smashed that lantern.

It is true that the ranks of Horde leadership are looking mighty thin. Thrall got winded, or something, on the Broken Shore, Gallywix and Lorthemar are useless, Ji Firepaw is a non-entity and Baine has all the personality of a jar of mayonnaise. There's pretty much just Saurfang and Sylvanas.

Prince Farondis looks like a better leader and has more personality than Lorthemar. Pity he's a ghost.
Farondis's storyline was indeed awesome, him and Runas alone are the reason I consider Aszuna to be my favorite legion zone. But I just don't get people always shitting on Lor'themar. He was plenty badass in ToT, and has good lore to him. Yeah, he doesn't get to do much, but that's just Blizzard's shitty writing with the racial leaders in general. Mekkatorque didn't do anything for years, Tyrande sat on her ass, Velen was irrelevant till WoD, Gallywix doesn't even get a custom model out of laziness (and its lame writing for him to be the Goblin leader in the first place), and Genn only finally started doing something this expac.

I just don't get it. I like Lor'themar. He hasn't gotten to do too much because the Blood Elves honestly just haven't been given much to do since BC. Their lore pretty much ended after the Sunwell despite being the most played Horde race (until the ToT stuff in MoP).

In addition, people like to act like after all these years the Blood Elves are still in the Horde only out of convenience. Lor'themar helped carry Vol'jin's body out of the throne room, neither Thrall nor Sylvanas helped with that. That seems pretty loyal to me.

People like to act like characters are bad out of their own free will, when really it's because the writers are awful. It's just puzzling to me. I see it all the time in DBZ threads and shit too, "lol Vegeta/Gohan/Trunks/whoever is so shit, they haven't done anything since *insert arc*" Well yeah, because Toriyama power creeped the shit out of DBZ and only let Saiyans (especially Goku) win. Vol'jin didn't choose to do nothing in WoD, Blizzard just wrote an awful expansion and didn't develop the new warchief at all. Bah. Rant.

Warcraft's lore has been a big deal to me for more than half my life. I don't really hate any characters. Just annoys me to see people pin faults on characters rather than writers, no matter the fandom. I hope Blizzard can get a better handle of the story, but as long as it never reaches TBC levels of bad again, it's not too bad.

Xeteh

Why build up characters like Durotan, Draka and Yrel, only to just leave them as footnotes in the overall series. AU Orcs and Draenei assisting us in saving our world after we helped them save theirs wouldn't be a stretch.

I want the Frostwolves back, lets gooooooo.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Farondis's storyline was indeed awesome, him and Runas alone are the reason I consider Aszuna to be my favorite legion zone. But I just don't get people always shitting on Lor'themar. He was plenty badass in ToT, and has good lore to him. Yeah, he doesn't get to do much, but that's just Blizzard's shitty writing with the racial leaders in general. Mekkatorque didn't do anything for years, Tyrande sat on her ass, Velen was irrelevant till WoD, Gallywix doesn't even get a custom model out of laziness (and its lame writing for him to be the Goblin leader in the first place), and Genn only finally started doing something this expac.

I just don't get it. I like Lor'themar. He hasn't gotten to do too much because the Blood Elves honestly just haven't been given much to do since BC. Their lore pretty much ended after the Sunwell despite being the most played Horde race (until the ToT stuff in MoP).

In addition, people like to act like after all these years the Blood Elves are still in the Horde only out of convenience. Lor'themar helped carry Vol'jin's body out of the throne room, neither Thrall nor Sylvanas helped with that. That seems pretty loyal to me.

People like to act like characters are bad out of their own free will, when really it's because the writers are awful. It's just puzzling to me. I see it all the time in DBZ threads and shit too, "lol Vegeta/Gohan/Trunks/whoever is so shit, they haven't done anything since *insert arc*" Well yeah, because Toriyama power creeped the shit out of DBZ and only let Saiyans (especially Goku) win. Vol'jin didn't choose to do nothing in WoD, Blizzard just wrote an awful expansion and didn't develop the new warchief at all. Bah. Rant.

Warcraft's lore has been a big deal to me for more than half my life. I don't really hate any characters. Just annoys me to see people pin faults on characters rather than writers, no matter the fandom. I hope Blizzard can get a better handle of the story, but as long as it never reaches TBC levels of bad again, it's not too bad.

yeah you kind of would have thought that the sunwell still existing would be kind of important rn but i guess not

M.D

After finally getting my Outlaw Rogue to 110 and starting to gear him up, I'm having some second thoughts about him.. he is mad fun to play and I like most things about the spec but I feel like things start to get weird when I'm trying to cleave (AoE feels weird in general), re-roll because you can get bad rolls so many times in a row and also use all of my abilities to stun/interrupt trash. Maybe I should relax a bit with that because I'm literally trying to stop every spell I can and things get out of hand.

cdyhybrid

PREACH IT 💯💯💯

After finally getting my Outlaw Rogue to 110 and starting to gear him up, I'm having some second thoughts about him.. he is mad fun to play and I like most things about the spec but I feel like things start to get weird when I'm trying to cleave (AoE feels weird in general), re-roll because you can get bad rolls so many times in a row and also use all of my abilities to stun/interrupt trash. Maybe I should relax a bit with that because I'm literally trying to stop every spell I can and things get out of hand.
If you don't like rerolling/fishing RtB, Outlaw might not be for you.

Tenebrous

Well, normal is a total joke. 7 attempts, 7 kills (if you exclude that one joke pull by someone during the break).

Nythendra heroic with 30 people... Eek! Took us a few tries, but we got it down easily enoughGlad we're down to 25 people for tomorrows raid, & think 5/7 is possible, with hopefully 7/7 coming on the weekend.

Still had a 98% uptime on Ignore Pain for Nythendra heroic, which was kinda crazy. Thought it'd start to fall off a bit, but apparently not.

Gallywix is a piece of shit who tried to enslave his own people and was the end boss of the Goblin racial starter zone. It doesn't matter if he ever gets a custom model or not.

To be less glib, I agree that Blizzard have completely dropped the ball with all of the Horde faction leaders. Vol'jin and Lorthemar have just been wasted. The most meaningful thing Vol'jin did was die. The trolls have no one to fill the void while the orcs at least have Saurfang. Lorthemar has sat around being unused while Baine has gone largely undeveloped.

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody else having issues with the Legion Android app today?

It won't auto-connect anymore when I open it and when I login manually the app works fine but for some reason the name for High Mountain on the map is in some sortof foreign language?

Top Bottom