• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Ark

The economy is totally fucked on Outland.

After raids opened, stamina flasks have sky rocketed from 700g each to 2.2k each. DPS flasks are 4-5k each.

What the fuck?!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Huh. Ret is a little higher than I thought it would be, but not too surprised, it's ahead of the 'acknowledged bad' specs like Ele and the like, but at the bottom of the non-'broken' range.

The only one I'm kind surprised by (aside from slightly Demo) is that Sub is in such a bad spot....are the fights that unfavorable, or are Outlaw/assassination just that much better as of now, without the necessary stats to hit breakpoints for Sub?

At any rate, given how much 'investment' we have in our artifacts even at this stage, I'm curious to see on what Blizz does with regards to buffs starting next week.

Especially to frost DKs, lol.

After raids opened, stamina flasks have sky rocketed from 700g each to 2.2k each. DPS flasks are 4-5k each.

What the fuck?!

Demand and a helluva lot of gold in people's pockets. It does have me hoping the Blood of Sargeras vendor comes out sooner rather than later.

Aeana

Don't know if this was posted already but my poor frost DK.

DPS rankings after day 1 of Emerald Nightmare (Heroic, 75th Percentile)
PfD7btp.png

I like this image when compared with the Patchwerk sim that everybody was passing around to provide Ultimate Proof of each spec's value.

Maybe people will finally stop using that to shut other people down. Probably not.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I don't care what this chart says, I'm sticking with BM. I abhor how MM feels. I hated it in wrath, I hated it in cata, I hated it in MoP, I hated it in WoD. I just have never been able to get into it.

a lot of the fights in emerald nightmare are more bm friendly anyway. theres only a couple that marks seems good to use instead

for whatever reason i am not realizing the top dps spot that one chart says -- the "patchwerk" one looks more like whats happening as MM for me

Eric WK

Feels like Nythendra might either be a bit overturned on heroic or she's not scaling properly with 30 people.

This feels like the hardest first boss I've done since I started raiding in FL. We got her to 24%, so I assume she'll die in a few more pulls but this seems a bit more difficult than it should be.

Took a few tries, but we got her down tonight on heroic with 30. For us, switching from 5 healers to 6 made the difference.

Renekton

What the fuck?!
Dropped down to below 1500 in my server, and still freefalling. Lots of alchemists and not enough raiders.

Had our first go at normal EN with my guild last night. The guild isn't really raiding focused (I wasn't even planning on raiding regularly when I joined just before Legion) and as such I expect progress in Normal being about as slow as it is for most guilds in Heroic :)

Killed Nythendra (no loot for me) and had a few wipes on Il'gynoth before we had to stop. Got the second boss down to the point where we got through the first heart phase, I think we'll be downing him on Sunday. Both fights were fun, and it's cool to be doing some raiding again. Haven't done anything outside LFR since Cataclysm, and even then it was a bit messy. WotLK is the last time I did regular progress raiding.

And because spreadsheets are what raiding's really about, it looks like I was in the 80th percentile of enhancement shamans at my gear level. Yay.

Ark

So far how is the raid? I dont I am doing the raid soon since I am stuck on myhtic quests

For a first raid of an expansion, I'm really liking it after our first run through it. The lore is fantastic, the fights are fun, and visually it's all very impressive.

Dropped down to below 1500 in my server, and still freefalling. Lots of alchemists and not enough raiders.

I'm panic levelling my rogue just so I can make my own flasks. Starlight Rose's are almost 200g each as well. Christ, I'm in the wrong profession.

scy

So far:
Please give Name-Server so players can be whispered on the servers/added to friends to make setup easier. Ideally we'll exchange members as needed who can play at that time - or we can swap out members for various runs. I don't mind sitting out on various runs so others can get in for the week - however I will ask that we prioritize mythics toward alternate Artifact skins. I'd like to see GAF each get their third skin!

More extremely late to the party on this but:

scy#1745
Rindh-Bonechewer (DH) / Amiya-Bonechewer (DK); I tend to be on the DH most of the time.

matt05891

I don't care what this chart says, I'm sticking with BM. I abhor how MM feels. I hated it in wrath, I hated it in cata, I hated it in MoP, I hated it in WoD. I just have never been able to get into it.

Always do what is fun for you and something you enjoy! That's what I always tell myself at least so I don't get burned out like I have in the past.

Although I would prefer if my main and alt (FrostDK and Sub Rogue) weren't coming in dead last atm. Here's to hoping they don't stick there throughout Legion. You know what? I just would like my Frosty to be at least a competitive last place and I'd be happy.

cdyhybrid

Probably too early to make absolute declarations that one spec is superior to another (aside from the obviously shit ones like Frost DK). Would like to see a larger sample size (plus there will likely be some tuning this week).

Renekton

Lore spoiler: Her heart is a crater
likely refers to Azeroth and not Jaina

I'm panic levelling my rogue just so I can make my own flasks. Starlight Rose's are almost 200g each as well. Christ, I'm in the wrong profession.
I'm pretty sure prices will tank after 1st week rush, same raid surge happened even in WoD despite everybody getting garden and alchemy hut.

scy

Although I would prefer if my main and alt (FrostDK and Sub Rogue) weren't coming in dead last atm. Here's to hoping they don't stick there throughout Legion. You know what? I just would like my Frosty to be at least a competitive last place and I'd be happy.

For what it's worth, it at least has moments in AoE stuff. I really hope they just embrace that aspect so it becomes the dungeon spec; let it reign at AoE and steady sustained damage vs Unholy's big highs.

I may also be saying that because my alt DPS spec is Frost DK :(

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I like this image when compared with the Patchwerk sim that everybody was passing around to provide Ultimate Proof of each spec's value.

Maybe people will finally stop using that to shut other people down. Probably not.

BiS gear vs real gear though.

Not saying comparing sims across class isn't dumb, but that's not really anything yet after 1 day of data.

Freeman76

What the fuck?!

The economy has been fucked for a long time, people made millions out of Garrisons at the start of WoD, for most throwing down 44k for a stack of flasks is pocket money and they wont think twice about it.

Freeman76

Probably too early to make absolute declarations that one spec is superior to another (aside from the obviously shit ones like Frost DK). Would like to see a larger sample size (plus there will likely be some tuning this week).

So Warlock isnt the absolute worst possible class to pick like many are saying?

Rizzi

Never understood the mentality of "I'm just going to fight the boss, not the mobs around the boss"
Like, is it really worth saving one minute and leaving enemies right next to the boss? Nothing will ever go wrong, right?

M.D

Is it true Rogues often do not scale well and Outlaw specifically could have problems because of lack of Versatility on most gear?

Tacitus_

So Warlock isnt the absolute worst possible class to pick like many are saying?

If you only look at numbers, no. But that was never the whole argument. I switched from destro to fire mage because mage had the same outline, just without all the clunkiness they added for "class fantasy".

Rizzi

If you only look at numbers, no. But that was never the whole argument. I switched from destro to fire mage because mage had the same outline, just without all the clunkiness they added for "class fantasy".

Fire mage also has a mastery bonus that makes fucking sense.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Good old fury, take 30% (20% talent) more damage than everyone else, outdamage by arms. Maybe gearing up will help.

And ele shammy is a turd.

arms outscales fury hard. arms theoretically does ~500k dps in actual t19 nighthold gear (blowing everything out of the water in single target) meanwhile fury would be sitting at just over 300k according to the end of beta sims. arms will probably be nerfed in the tuning pass and fury buffed (maybe), but yeah, it kinda sucks to be a middling dps with above average aoe and crap single target and then take 30% more damage than every other spec in the game

not to mention the spec is utterly useless in pvp

Is it true Rogues often do not scale well and Outlaw specifically could have problems because of lack of Versatility on most gear?

outlaw scales well, assassination does not but don't worry blizz always makes sure assassination is super strong at the start of a raid tier so that by the end they just drop down to "strong". basically always had a systemic scaling problem like frost DKs, but frost DKs generally (not this time) start at below average at the start of a raid tier and drop to dogshit at the end. this time they just started at dogshit

0 hunter changes in the PTR. Not even surprised

there are very few changes overall on the PTR. this is just an early build with a bunch of tooltip updates and a few changes (that have probably been intended since the end of beta but didn't make it in) spattered in between. more changes will come as the PTR is updated over time

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The damage difference between fire mages and arcane/frost is insane.

probably at least in part because arcane and frost are tied down to hardcasting a lot of stuff where a fire mage that's stacked a lot of crit is casting mostly instants. during bosses that means movement isn't fucking over their dps nearly as much.

[edit] also i am becoming convinced that AM isn't proccing off AB at the correct rate. it should be 15% baseline, +3% from artifact traits, x2 for arcane blast, making either 33% or 39% depending on when the multiplication is factored in; 1/3+ of the time when casting AB. the number of times i've burned through my entire mana pool and procced AM once or twice off 12+ casts is making me suspicious, but i haven't yet cast 100 blasts and seen if i've procced ~39 missiles.

Freeman76

Well, apart from Paladins (who only have one DPS spec) they are the class with overall the lowest performance. Not even one of their specs is great.

I must be in some terrible Mythic groups as several times Locks have been right up there near the top. Those groups were successful as well, no wipes, smooth runs. Wierd.

Sölf

Don't know if this was posted already but my poor frost DK.

DPS rankings after day 1 of Emerald Nightmare (Heroic, 75th Percentile)
PfD7btp.png

I am with you there. But I refuse to play Unholy. I will stick this out until the end of expansion if necessary. ;___;

Lanrutcon

I must be in some terrible Mythic groups as several times Locks have been right up there near the top. Those groups were successful as well, no wipes, smooth runs. Wierd.

There's a difference between "enough" dps and "balanced" dps. I'm fine with Warlocks being middle of the pack, but for that to happen to the top end of the spectrum is going to have to be hit pretty hard (MM Hunters, DHs, Fire Mages, Arms Warriors, Ferals). There's no reason to not just stack those specs right now. So when a Warlock applies for a run and goes "I can do enough dps" it doesn't cut it.

mclem

Elemental Referral seems a bit buggy, we had her despawn a couple of times after moving to the second platform. Any idea what triggers that? Someone mentioned seeing spiders spawn in the air.

mileS

Wow at the 2 ww monk pvp talent changes. They have ruined both the tiger palm reach and fists of fury needs to be talented to slow instead of stun.

The rushing tiger palm pvp talent was a ton of fun and feels special. Now it just makes disable clunky and lets you slow from 12yards away. Once again blizzard removing the fun.

Robin64

Aside from a couple of minor lore niggles (why is Alodi female, why is Dalaran floating, etc), I really enjoyed the Warcraft movie.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
fury has always been bad at the start of a tier.
Like has been said in this thread, Fury has no real scaling potential while Arms has it all. Blizzard broke the spec on a fundamental level, and made something that has nothing in common with the original vision for Fury and people showed them early support just because of the flashy animations. If Focused Rage/Arms gets nerfed DPS Warrior will probably just be dead.

Lots of the data from WarcraftLogs is being misinterpreted through improper graph settings, limited data, etc. Certain consumables are not only exorbitantly expensive, like Potion of Old War, but they also are super broken and do huge damage for the people that do use them.

Yoday

I'm shocked at the huge gap between unholy and frost DK's.
The gap is real. I main a Frost DK, and I can barely get over 155K DPS with ilvl845 and a 18 trait ilvl876 weapon. I swapped to Unholy, and with practically no AP in my weapon and zero experience with the spec (lots of flubbing the rotation) I managed 180K DPS.

Frost is in a really bad place right now, and it is a real bummer. I hate the Unholy play style, so if Frost doesn't get a balance pass real soon my only option is to finish leveling another character and start the AP grind all over again a couple of weeks behind everyone else.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Love people looking at logs with sub-50 parses as the definitive balance metric.

Top Bottom