• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Mupod

Yeah, I'm finding withered training generally easy as windwalker due to all of the cleave abilities it has to easily pick up stuff around it. But I still haven't cracked 400 score, because I always end up getting killed by Dro.

Dro (or any other boss) doesn't even dent tank specs. I don't think I've ever fallen below 95% hp in there. Now that I've cleared out every chest I might try doing training as Unholy just to make it go faster, but I'd definitely need to respec into stuns and other control abilities.

If you're actually dying in there, make sure to get the 'anti-death' buff from Thalyssra. I actually keep a small stockpile of the consumable mana so that I can just farm up 1900, get my buffs, then eat a crystal and hop in.

Tacitus_

they really should have had a beta.

Balance changes?

giphy.gif

Mupod

All those meter logs seem so hard to trust. So many variables and changing rankings depending on a few factors. Look at how Retribution paladin is #1 by a mile right up to iLevel 841, then drops like a stone.

I guess it's nice to see Shadow Priest consistently high. We deserve some time in the spotlight after all these years.

edit-

Also, I'm realizing every guide out there says to go for a different second golden trait than I did on my Xal'atath. How fucked am I? I know we'll all have all the traits eventually (next month), but fuck. I wish the respec cost wasn't so high. I've invested 86k AP into the weapon so far, and it would cost 24k now to refund that. Too big a price.

I definitely see them backpedaling on how respecs work at some point. Everyone I know stuck in a bad spec thinks they're 'in too deep' and won't abandon them. My own Blood artifact is heavily set up for DPS to do mythic+ speed runs, then the day those came out blizzard decided to cut my damage output by 40%. So now I'd like to switch to pure survivability, but I ain't spending like 40k AP to do it.

A good compromise would be a mission reward item for a free artifact power refund.

Magnus

I definitely see them backpedaling on how respecs work at some point. Everyone I know stuck in a bad spec thinks they're 'in too deep' and won't abandon them. My own Blood artifact is heavily set up for DPS to do mythic+ speed runs, then the day those came out blizzard decided to cut my damage output by 40%. So now I'd like to switch to pure survivability, but I ain't spending like 40k AP to do it.

A good compromise would be a mission reward item for a free artifact power refund.

That's a great idea. Or even make it craftable or something. Wouldn't even mind spending like 5k gold on it or whatever. Even an AP cost reduction would be fine. I'd be fine spending 5k AP. Not 24k.

Zelias

Banned
We will know their intentions soon enough. They are supposed to be doing a sweeping balance pass after getting this weeks raid data. I'm leveling my Rogue just in case the changes to Frost DK aren't in line with what is needed. Frost DK needs a boost in the 30% range, and if that doesn't appear to be happening I'm swapping mains.

wait until the first balance pass. if blizzard fuck that up badly then i'd start to consider rolling a different class or spec.
Yeah, I'm hoping they do something. I really like Frost - the fantasy (sorry, I know that's Blizzard's favourite buzzword right now) and the gameplay are really fun for me. I just want it to be better. I don't want to switch.

If Blizzard look like they're ignoring the spec I'll talk with my guild about it. They seem happy for me to be Frost right now, but if we push into Mythic switching might be on the cards. Really can't be arsed doing everything I've already done on this char just to be raid ready again though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I wouldn't expect any real balance work to even start until after next week, as Blizzard probably doesn't even care about non-mythic raid data. For all the good they have done with Legion, their heads seem firmly planted in their asses when it comes to class/spec design and balance concerns. It's a real shame.

mileS

Because it's one of the best melee dps specs in the game?
Like someone else said, not in pvp. They were really really really op for most of the beta. And guess what the biggest problem was? Them killing players in a full stun duration. How did they fix it? Nerfing the dmg and burst in pvp by quite a bit. Now here we are in live and they go back to remove the stun from fists of fury. So the dmg was gutted from the pvp burst and NOW they go back and just remove the stun? Once again it is over nerfing and mishandling beta and live.

Not only that they are straight up replacing one of the most fun pvp talents rushing tiger palm. Quickly bandaid nerfing an ability that poses no real threat, removing the fun. Removing the fun and replacing it with a clunky "disable now works from 12yards".

Demon Hunters are like 15 levels of op over what monks are now currently and take a guess at their pvp changes? Talents and abilities are mostly left unchecked and agility in pvp is being lowered by 10%. Brings them down a notch but leaving the fun and talents people are used to alone...

keffri

Managed to get 7/7 normal in about 4 hours which I'm pretty happy about for my first time raiding/tanking in an expansion.

Of the 11 chances I had for loot (7 bosses, 3 bonus rolls, 1 world boss) I got gold for 10 of them, and a 865 relic from Xavius. Kind of a bummer.

Xeteh

I got my former Cataclysm main up to 100 by leveling using Elixir of the Rapid Mind... so my gear is way behind the curve of what it should be aaaaand I'm getting my ass kicked.

Tenebrous

finding a guild as a tank is fucking suffering

We said goodbye to our other tank after HFC. Harsh, but there's so many good players looking for a spot that guilds can be picky as fuck when looking for tanks. Glad I'm doing & logging well in TEN so far...

Speaking of tanking, I need a threat meter... Guardian just can't hold aggro against me. On Nythendra heroic, I (intentionally) took aggro, as it made more sense than slowing down. If it means getting Volatile Rot twice in a row, so what? It's all gravy with leap, baby!

Pollux

So now that the first round of DPS numbers are out - how viable is survival hunter going to be for raiding going forward? Love the class but don't want to be completely left behind. Usually main BM but switched for this expansion.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So now that the first round of DPS numbers are out - how viable is survival hunter going to be for raiding going forward? Love the class but don't want to be completely left behind. Usually main BM but switched for this expansion.
The damage is not great and their weak mobility options give them a harder time dealing with mechanics than other melee classes. It's not as though they cannot be played but there is not really a good reason to be Survival.

Has Blizzard ever commented on this? Attracting more people to become tanks for raids might help with the dungeon queues.

There's a precarious balance. As it stands right now, the way Artifacts work Healers are actually getting screwed the hardest. I used to always get insta-queues as a tank but as of recent finding healers is harder than tanks--at least for dungeons.

Anyone on Horde Emerald Dream (US) looking for a guild? Guild I'm in is going to start raiding Thursday and Saturday evenings and we're short on ranged DPS (and somewhat short in general). We're a small and casual guild - not hardcore progression raiding.

Let me know! Our guild runs start next thursday, a week from today.

Also, I'm going to try and run a PUG normal tonight and saturday starting at 7:00pm server time (US Central), and could use some reliable people with discord if you guys want to join. I'm a prot warrior tank :)

Lain

Leveling my alliance rogue I did some Maraudon wings and noticed this weird inconsistency with the lfg reward being given at the Satyr while the dungeon log asks you to go and kill Cerebras too. I don't remember the log having Cerebras too in the past, though maybe I'm not remembering correctly and it always had it. Still, kinda sucks, as that means poor Cerebras is the only one not getting murdered most of the time (because most groups split after getting the lfg reward, obviously).

Fjordson

Enhancement is dope man. Not too complex, but it has enough going on and is just fun. Also doing pretty good damage.

Wish I could focus on this guy and my DK simultaneously, but I need to stay on my shaman I think. I'm so far behind right now. I haven't even done a single world quest on any character lol.

v1perz53

We said goodbye to our other tank after HFC. Harsh, but there's so many good players looking for a spot that guilds can be picky as fuck when looking for tanks. Glad I'm doing & logging well in TEN so far...

Speaking of tanking, I need a threat meter... Guardian just can't hold aggro against me. On Nythendra heroic, I (intentionally) took aggro, as it made more sense than slowing down. If it means getting Volatile Rot twice in a row, so what? It's all gravy with leap, baby!

Just tell your Guardian that Growl not only taunts but increases the threat generated for 3 seconds, so he can spam it on CD a few times after the initial taunt to help until blizzard fixes bear's pitiful ST DPS and threat... Aside from the ST issue though I am really liking Guardian, lots of CDs to use as needed, a really nice heal that gets better the harder I just got bursted, and very smooth damage intake. Plus, having the choice between physical/magic active mitigation is nice, since it at least adds some level of skill to tanking. But it is annoying having to use my +armor AM against something like Dargul's 2 nature damage attacks in a row because for whatever reason the game doesn't count my spell damage reduction as AM for the binary checks.

Also, everyone says bear DPS is low, and ST is absolutely terrible, but my god if I can't hit over 1 million DPS on certain trash pulls even after the nerf with specific talent setups. Rage of the Sleeper too stronk.

Leveling my alliance rogue I did some Maraudon wings and noticed this weird inconsistency with the lfg reward being given at the Satyr while the dungeon log asks you to go and kill Cerebras too. I don't remember the log having Cerebras too in the past, though maybe I'm not remembering correctly and it always had it. Still, kinda sucks, as that means poor Cerebras is the only one not getting murdered most of the time (because most groups split after getting the lfg reward, obviously).
They added in Cerebras to the list with the WoD patch. I still see people leave after Vyletongue

Rizzi

Something definitely seems wrong with the rate of arcane missile generation. I can go entire fights without seeing a single proc, and considering it's kind of half my damage it feels kind of broken.

vilmer_

Something definitely seems wrong with the rate of arcane missile generation. I can go entire fights without seeing a single proc, and considering it's kind of half my damage it feels kind of broken.

Arcane is absolutely terrible right now. Totally useless.

Pollux

The damage is not great and their weak mobility options give them a harder time dealing with mechanics than other melee classes. It's not as though they cannot be played but there is not really a good reason to be Survival.
So back to BM or MM?

Ark

finding a guild as a tank is fucking suffering

Good luck. I tried finding a raid spot during HFC as a prot warrior and gave up and switched to fury. Decided to create my own guild with some friends so that I could tank.

The only guilds looking for tanks are new guilds, and guilds whose tank has had to leave.

Xeteh

Just got a legendary on my Shaman, the amulet that gives you a shield. I was kind of hoping the first one I got would be one of the Enhancement ones but an 895 item is an 895 item.

Huh, quick check, it's apparently been that way since dungeon finder was introduced. Remember being stocked to actually have his staff for the teleport on a character back in the day...

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

fwiw; i actually sat down and cast 100 arcane blasts at a training dummy and got 32 AM procs

it could be that the calculation is 15% base x 2 for AB + 3% for the artifact power, which works out at 33% in which case it's generating at the rate it's supposed to

if blizzard's intention was for it to be (15% base + 3% for the artifact power) x 2 for AB then i don't know how statistically unlikely it is to get 32/100 for something that has a 39/100 chance but my guess is it's not overwhelmingly unlikely

the problem is, i think, the proc is unlikely enough that it's not unusual to go through an entire mana bar for a burst phase and see only 1 or 2 AM procs, which, with how expensive AB is and how little bonus mastery gives, puts a pretty serious cap on the amount of damage you can burst out while emptying your entire bar.

[edit] for instance, i just tried a basic burn phase on the training dummy, starting AP and throwing out ABs until i was out of mana; 15 ABs, 3 AMs, which is barely enough regen for one bonus AB.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so if I do the world boss WQ on my fresh 110 798 Priest, I can technically get a 860+ pirce right? it doesnt matter if I do it now or later in the week when my ilvl is higher?

cdyhybrid

Regarding the old god whispers: They're the Old Gods. Are we quite sure they're telling the truth... or lying in order to corrupt us?
I would bet most of them are lies. Otherwise everyone is corrupted already.

I'd guess the whisper about using the pillars freeing the old gods would be the actual true one.

I would bet most of them are lies. Otherwise everyone is corrupted already.

I'd guess the whisper about using the pillars freeing the old gods would be the actual true one.

One would think after the Sundering and the Cataclysm N'Zoths prison is pretty close to deteriorating being so close to the Maelstrom. Also after Yogg-Saron was done in the faceless boss in Assault on Violet Hold fell dormant but when they moved Dalaran over the Broken Isles it woke up again.

Lanrutcon

11 of 17 players in my raid pug were Druids last night.

All 4 healers, both tanks,and 5 of the DPS.

It didn't go swimmingly.

Weird. Guardians are the second best tank right now, Ferals are good single target dps, and Resto Druids are fine (but not the best tank healers).

it sucks because I capped my frost DK first, worse DPS in the game

now I've capped and got my prot warrior to 832 but I can't find a single guild. I'm at the point where I'm considering realm transferring so I don't have to play DPS...
Trying to raid as an 832 tank is going to be tough. I'm sure most guild tanks are all 850+ at this point.

Just had my first go in Emerald Nightmare. It was with a pug so we had a few wipes on the spider boss and had to stop at Cenarius, but otherwise it went pretty smoothly. Pretty cool raid overall with some interesting visuals (especially Mulgore).

Sadly all I got was two duplicate boots. Hate getting the same item twice.

Watching the Xavius fight on twitch it looks like blizz forgot to add textures to that area?

It takes place in the Rift of Aln which is Old God related I think so it's supposed to look like that and evoke a feeling of infinite nothingness.

Also got an 880 titanforged Holy relic off the world boss. Huzzah for luck.

Top Bottom