• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
There are 0 fury warriors above 1500 arena rating right now...
1x
Honestly, I'm not sure this game has ever seen a spec as bad as where Fury is in PvP right now. At least from what I can remember.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So let's say we get below timer, his keystone get depleted. He would have to get another fresh keystone from someone elses mythic + and restart to get higher up again?

He would need to do a run on the depleted keystone, and that run will award no loot whatsoever. If he manages to beat the timer, then the keystone is refreshed and levels up according to your performance, and future runs on that keystone will also award loot.

Mothman91

He would need to do a run on the depleted keystone, and that run will award no loot whatsoever. If he manages to beat the timer, then the keystone is refreshed and levels up according to your performance, and future runs on that keystone will also award loot.

So what's the incentive of going through a depleted keystone run when it rewards no loot for the whole group? Or is that just him that doesn't get loot?

Haly

So what's the incentive of going through a depleted keystone run when it rewards no loot for the whole group? Or is that just him that doesn't get loot?

There is none. That's the cost of "refreshing" a depleted keystone.

Consider, if you did get loot then you can just run that same keystone over and over again, never advancing and rerolling the same loot table ad nauseum, with no regards to time limit or whatnot.

Mothman91

There is none. That's the cost of "refreshing" a depleted keystone.

Consider, if you did get loot then you can just run that same keystone over and over again, never advancing and rerolling the same loot table ad nauseum, with no regards to time limit or whatnot.

Ok, I'm trying to figure this out so bare with me lol.

We fail to get below time limit on his +4 Arcway keystone.

We then do my +2 HoV keystone, and finish it below time limit, he gets a new one right? While mine upgrades.

dimb

We then do my +2 HoV keystone, and finish it below time limit, he gets a new one right? While mine upgrades.
His keystone has nothing to do with your +2 HoV run. Nothing happens to it after finishing HoV.

Haly

Nope. Only one keystone per character per week. Keystones are all separate. Consider them to have their own "locks" and progressions.

v1perz53

To start from the beginning, mythic+ runs work like this.

- Every week on reset all keystones are gone. You do a mythic run that reset and get a random +2 keystone. (I believe, either this or you start with a random +2 if you had a keystone the week before)
- You can use your keystone at that dungeon to do a +2 run. If you use your keystone and you beat the timer, it gets upgraded to a higher level based on how fast you go (I believe as much as 3 higher than you started with)
- You get a chest of loot for finishing, and additional chests for each level your keystone is upgraded (so if you beat it fast enough to get a +5, you get 3 chests)
- The run only affects the keystone that was used. All other 4 people's keystones don't level and don't get depleted.
- If you fail to beat it by the timer, you get the one loot chest but the keystone is depleted. If you do the run again and beat the timer by using the depleted keystone, you get no loot but it is re-energized. (honestly no real point in doing this currently)
- IMPORTANT: At the start of next week, you get a chest in your order hall with stuff in it based on the highest mythic+ you completed. So if you do Arcway+5 with his keystone, even if you fail the timer you have credit for a +5 and your personal chest will be better.
- Once you fail the timer, in most groups I've seen you reform or someone else uses their keystone, very rarely does someone try to re-energize a depleted keystone.
- The only benefit to using your own keystone and upgrading it vs someone else's is that you are in control. If someone else upgrades theirs to +5, they can technically leave and form a new group for the +5 and yours will still be the +2 you started with. If you do it with a static group the whole time, there is never a difference for you using your keystone vs someone else's

I think that covers comprehensively everything about the system, though I may have missed something. It is definitely confusing to figure out at first.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like on launch week of Legion I almost never saw hunters

now on my hunter there's 2 hunters every dungeon I queue into. did all the fotmers just see that chart with MM at the top and instareroll or something?

dimb

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/report...5266761&end=5665166&type=damage-done&source=1

Anyone here can help check this log (Il'gynoth Normal)? My good friend who is elemental shaman would like some input on his DPS rotation.
Should really be running Wind Rush Totem. He's Ele Shaman with a weak ilevel so it's hard to really expect that much. If he wants to push up numbers more it's hard to believe there are not more opportunities to use chain lightning on Il'gynoth, especially when the tentacles spawn in twos regularly. Other thing that jumps out is Flame Shock getting too much use. Up time on a fight like this is not really that important when the targets die so fast, and when it eats into Malestrom. Not saying don't use it...but there are just way too many casts of it compared to Earthquake and Chain Lightning.

Renekton

Should really be running Wind Rush Totem. He's Ele Shaman with a weak ilevel so it's hard to really expect that much. If he wants to push up numbers more it's hard to believe there are not more opportunities to use chain lightning on Il'gynoth, especially when the tentacles spawn in twos regularly. Other thing that jumps out is Flame Shock getting too much use. Up time on a fight like this is not really that important when the targets die so fast, and when it eats into Malestrom. Not saying don't use it...but there are just way too many casts of it compared to Earthquake and Chain Lightning.
Thanks a lot !

now on my hunter there's 2 hunters every dungeon I queue into. did all the fotmers just see that chart with MM at the top and instareroll or something?

Basically seems that way. Had a MM hunter in almost every single mythic today.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
67 flame shock casts is pretty ridiculous even for the procs.

I'd tell him to make sure he's using maelstrom on earthquake for the AOE THEN use flame shock that way you can get the free FS that has a lower duration since the stuff dies so quickly anyways

Magnus

Installing everything again now on a fresh new rig. Excited!

I'm a little surprised at how quickly WoW becomes 'playable' according to the Battle.Net launcher. Only like, 1 or 2gb of data has been downloaded. And I mean, it shows - despite a brand new speedy rig, it's taking like 10 minutes to load up a character, even in a non-crowded area. I think they should probably wait until at least 10-25% of the game data is downloaded to the system before considering the game playable. haha

Tenebrous

Installing everything again now on a fresh new rig. Excited!

I'm a little surprised at how quickly WoW becomes 'playable' according to the Battle.Net launcher. Only like, 1 or 2gb of data has been downloaded. And I mean, it shows - despite a brand new speedy rig, it's taking like 10 minutes to load up a character, even in a non-crowded area. I think they should probably wait until at least 10-25% of the game data is downloaded to the system before considering the game playable. haha

God our last tank tried to come to Manno progression with 25% downloaded.

Thanks a lot !

generally with flame shock, DoT up to 3 tanky targets if the total targets is that low and only maintain it if they'll live for most of the duration. If there are more than 3 targets, flame shock 1 target and spam AoE. Lightning rod offers better damage than ascendance for multi target fights, too, since you can get multiple simultaneous lightning rod procs at once. Not sure which he's using since I suck at reading those logs.

Unrelated, any shamans farming for the elemental hidden artifact appearance? I'm at artifact knowledge 4 and have been farming the underbelly for 3 days now. 99% sure i've gone over 100 boss kills at this point (is there a way to check without counting?), and I'm yet to see it. Wowhead and elsewhere seems to indicate the droprate is like 1/30-50 so I'm starting to lose confidence. Thoughts?

Well, it has consistently been one of the most popular classes since the game launched...

Mupod

Jesus christ, the last boss in court of stars mythic+5 is insane. Well, when you forget to use the party buffs from the items in the previous area at least...

But hey our 1 hour 20 minute shameful run still counted as our highest clear and we're #1 on the guild scoreboard again.

dimb

Technically the most popular damage dealer in normal Emerald Nightmare is Hunter. Where these players are I'm not too sure...because my guild has none and I almost never see them in groups. Blizzard did not list any hunter weapon in its most wielded artifact tweets, and the class dropped to the fourth most played on realmpop after being on top for WoD.

Aeana

I don't know why I have such terrible luck with dungeon matchups. I just did a dungeon where the #1 DPS was doing half of the DPS of the tank. And the second and third DPS were doing half of that.

sora87

I don't know why I have such terrible luck with dungeon matchups. I just did a dungeon where the #1 DPS was doing half of the DPS of the tank. And the second and third DPS were doing half of that.

Some tanks are doing insanely high dps right now tbf

Xeteh

I almost wish you could watch replays of dungeons because sometimes there's someone in there doing so bad I just want to stare at their character to see what they're doing.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Ugh....trying to raise ilevel right after dinging 110 without any sort of crafting buffer is kinda painful, at least in terms of WQs.

Windwalker is definitely having an easier time than Ret was, but at least with Ret, I had BS as a backup.

Shouldn't have kept the WW alt as a miner/engi, lawl.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I almost wish you could watch replays of dungeons because sometimes there's someone in there doing so bad I just want to stare at their character to see what they're doing.

Transitioning to ranged from melee is fun because you'll get to see the dumb shit people do more often.

'Oh, the healer's just going to stand outside of the bubble during eye of the storm. Well... Ok'

Renekton

Just be a tank. If you flowchart the tank rotations, you have a good view of everybody else.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Ha, there's a thread on MMO-C for Fury Warriors who were told to go Arms or they couldn't raid this tier, seems like a lot of Fury Warriors are on the same boat as me.

I'm confidant that Fury will get a buff, there's no way that they can let the spec continue as is with all logs from this week but will it be a significant buff? Something tells me that it will be a slight buff so we're not complete garbage but we will still be sub-par compare to everyone.

I've always played the top spec, be it Fury, Arms or even Glad but I just cannot bring myself to play Arms this xpack, it doesn't feel anything like Arms used to. Now, if they nerfed Focus Rage (which they won't) and buffed OP and Slam, I wouldn't mind playing it but I know they won't.

I know I've bitched about Warriors in this thread a few times but at this point it's the sole reason I am no longer enjoying Legion. Can't have fun playing a game where I know everything I'm doing is for naught since I won't be allowed to raid. I didn't even bother joining raid tonight since I knew I was just going to be sat for my DPS. Playing with the same guild since DS and I never had to sit because of DPS issues.

Bizazedo

Want to know something sad? I can do those hits fairly regularly on my 848 ilvl Arms Warrior. Without the Black Rook Hold damage buff. If I have Battle Cry active when I do it (which I don't need to), the artifact adds another 20% of the hit on as a DoT.

Now that I understand the focused rage build, anyways :(. I miss my old Arms Warrior.

lol.

Xeteh

anyone that thinks withered training is the worst quest should be introduced ot my little friend

Great Northern Elderhorn

I said that a few times to people complaining about it. That fucking leatherworking quest is without a doubt my least favorite quest in this game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I said that a few times to people complaining about it. That fucking leatherworking quest is without a doubt my least favorite quest in this game.

I've done Karenthad and all that shit and they don't compare to how frustrating this fucking quest was. Even with using fighters chow and the leatherworking mount item.

Sarcasm

To tell the truth I have only completed the wither training two times since launch.

I have attempted it way over two times. It bugs out on me. I have just stopped trying. Got sick of having to farm mama then attempting to not big out. Then it bugs out and I end up back in town.

I was just out doing world quests and suddenly I got 2 huge followers that I didn't have assigned to me. They were doing a ton of dps each and one-shotting mobs. They disappeared when I used my whistle. It was really weird.

QqPi4YH.jpg

vocab

Yea, taran zu and the monkey king rip shit apart on that quest.

6/7 Heroic. Still got shit gear. Hate the loot aspect of this expansion the most. I've done mythic +4's and 5's and havent got fucking shit worth using.

Yea, taran zu and the monkey king rip shit apart on that quest.

6/7 Heroic. Still got shit gear. Hate the loot aspect of this expansion the most. I've done mythic +4's and 5's and havent got fucking shit worth using.

They're part of the quest? I was really surprised to see them just appear and I couldn't figure out why.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Leveled the Warrior, Hunter and Priest with all three intended to main for Legion and all three have kind of bounced off me. Not sure what I'm looking for.

Sölf

Jesus christ, the last boss in court of stars mythic+5 is insane. Well, when you forget to use the party buffs from the items in the previous area at least...

But hey our 1 hour 20 minute shameful run still counted as our highest clear and we're #1 on the guild scoreboard again.

I don't even want to run that one at the moment. So much trash you can accidentaly aggro, those Imps were created by Satan himself, the third boss deals so much damage, even on lower levels. God.

Arcway is better, even though the trash in there is also the stuff of nightmares.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wonder if they nerfed the amount of gear in WQs or its just coincidence. Yesterday when I got the Priest to 110 and unlocked WQs I barely saw any gear ones and same this morning (granted only about 5 or 6 would have changed during the night but still). In fact there are no gear ones up right now (and no I didnt do them yesterday on the priest).

Certainly a far cry from last week or 2 weeks ago when I was basically getting to HC lvl easily from just WQs

Lanrutcon

wonder if they nerfed the amount of gear in WQs or its just coincidence. Yesterday when I got the Priest to 110 and unlocked WQs I barely saw any gear ones and same this morning (granted only about 5 or 6 would have changed during the night but still). In fact there are no gear ones up right now (and no I didnt do them yesterday on the priest).

Certainly a far cry from last week or 2 weeks ago when I was basically getting to HC lvl easily from just WQs

They pretty much fucked world quests already, and it's only a few weeks into the xpac.

1) The pool of quests is stupidly small. Getting reruns over and over has already made things stale.
2) The rewards are 99% trash. Why the fuck aren't things scaling? and who thought quests like "40 stormscale for 1 Blood of Sargeras" was a good ideA?
3) It takes longer to fly to some of the quests than actually do them. Instead of a billion quests for shitty amounts of artifact power, they should just have 5 a day with decent amounts. Getting 300 artifact power when I need 20k is absurd. What happened to all the talk about "we want rewards to feel meaningful?".

Top Bottom