• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

e90Mark

This dropped for my horde mm alt out of TEN at Ursoc.

It does proc, even though it says melee.
HpRGZS9.png

cdyhybrid

Any Holy Pallies here? What are your impressions of the spec so far? I don't heal often, but HPal is probably going to be the only healing spec available to me among my first batch of alts.

Tarazet

Just tell your Guardian that Growl not only taunts but increases the threat generated for 3 seconds, so he can spam it on CD a few times after the initial taunt to help until blizzard fixes bear's pitiful ST DPS and threat... Aside from the ST issue though I am really liking Guardian, lots of CDs to use as needed, a really nice heal that gets better the harder I just got bursted, and very smooth damage intake. Plus, having the choice between physical/magic active mitigation is nice, since it at least adds some level of skill to tanking. But it is annoying having to use my +armor AM against something like Dargul's 2 nature damage attacks in a row because for whatever reason the game doesn't count my spell damage reduction as AM for the binary checks.

Also, everyone says bear DPS is low, and ST is absolutely terrible, but my god if I can't hit over 1 million DPS on certain trash pulls even after the nerf with specific talent setups. Rage of the Sleeper too stronk.

That's how bear has always been. In Pandaria I could cheese things by going cat and using Heart of the Wild, which resulted in a crazy burst opener that irked our Shamans to no end. And they tore trash mobs to pieces. But ST they have always been useless as far as damage goes.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Awesome, GM told me I should probably switch to Arms because of strong it is and if Fury doesn't get fixed that they can't really bring me for heroics. He used a lot of soft language and tried to be nice but the message is clear: go Arms or we can't carry Fury's DPS.

Spec balance has been fucking horrendous this xpack.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Awesome, GM told me I should probably switch to Arms because of strong it is and if Fury doesn't get fixed that they can't really bring me for heroics. He used a lot of soft language and tried to be nice but the message is clear: go Arms or we can't carry Fury's DPS.

Spec balance has been fucking horrendous this xpack.

Could be worse, at least your class actually has a good DPS spec you can switch to.

Hixx

In the middle of our EN raid. Doing Normal so the first two just sort of fell over which is to be expected, I guess. The Spider boss seems to be fucking destroying our players who don't get feathers (I got feathers :3) but we got her down after a couple.

Someone got a Legendary, the Demon Hunter Glaive Toss one. Coz what Demon Hunters need is stronger AoE.

Not bitter or anything.

Nope.

CHC

I don't know if it's my PC or the servers but WoW seems to have two "modes"- normal and shitty.

In normal mode everything loads at a regular, normal clip and there is moderate pop-in when I port to Dalaran or whatever other crowded area.

In shitty mode everything takes forever to load and does so sporadically (ie; character is invisible for like 2+ minutes after logging in), the game doesn't alt-tab properly, and it just generally acts really weird and unpolished.

Not seeing unusual latency in either case. Anyone else have this?

Holy fuck.

Your reaction made me double check my post because I didn't remember the drop being that ridiculous and whoops, yeah, I meant to hit 8 instead of 9 there. Still very good but not legendary insane like the 895 trinket at the top of the page (I'm not sure if world boss drops can even titanforge to 890+ or not now that I think about it).

0YxYzD1.png

Does anyone know what the Tier 5 Order Hall Research options actually do in terms of specific numbers?

• Spend Order Resources for 1 Seal of Fate per week through work order
  • Receive Order Resources for World Quests (with combat follower)
The problem is I have no idea how to decide because they don't provide any actual numbers. I can already buy Seals of Fate through a vendor for Order Resources (1000, 2000, then 4000) so it's not clear whether the work order thing is just a way to get 2x Seals for 1,000 or if it's going to cost a negligible amount like 100.

Plus I have no way to compare it to the alternative because I don't know how many I get per world quest completion. If it's only 10 or 25, then it's pointless, but if it's 100 then it's probably competitive.

I don't know if it's my PC or the servers but WoW seems to have two "modes"- normal and shitty.

In normal mode everything loads at a regular, normal clip and there is moderate pop-in when I port to Dalaran or whatever other crowded area.

In shitty mode everything takes forever to load and does so sporadically (ie; character is invisible for like 2+ minutes after logging in), the game doesn't alt-tab properly, and it just generally acts really weird and unpolished.

Not seeing unusual latency in either case. Anyone else have this?

That sounds like it's more on your end and is hardware related, although that's hard to ascertain without stating what you're running the game with. I'm playing on an older PC and experience similar issues, although not as lengthy, and it's due to ram, cpu and even not running the game off of an SSD. The transmog system, new draw distances and object density means the game is loading in a shitton of models in the menus on top of everything in the game world itself. Whenever I load into a new zone, like transition from a Legion questing zone into Dalaran or another city hug, it takes my machine a bit to properly load everything.

Tacitus_

I'm getting the free Seal, with mages the other option is "complete a world quest instantly every 3 days" which is absolutely rubbish.

cdyhybrid

I'm getting the free Seal, with mages the other option is "complete a world quest instantly every 3 days" which is absolutely rubbish.
Yeah, I have the same options as a DH so the bonus coin is easily better. Plus it saves me 4K a week to help me save up for that spider.

Sölf

Did a few Mythic+ dungeons today. Started withj Darkheart Ticket, which was rather easy even though we somehow managed to add one of the bears at the beginning and wipe.
After that we got Court of Stars as Mythic+3, which we failed horribly because we only went in there twice so far and no real idea what trash does and which route to take and what we could skip etc.

So after that failed, we used a new Stone: Black Rook Hold at Mythic+2 was rather easy.
After that we got Eye of Azshara at Mythic+3. We had to kill a few more adds because we were lacking ~20% before the final boss in enemy forces. Still managed to beat Wrath of Azshara with enough time to get +2 levels.
So after that: Black Rook Hold on Mythic+5. We failed horribly, that we got the Teeming affix didn't help and that Gauntlet destroyed us. We finished the dungeon, but only in roughly ~50 minutes with a ~35 minute timer.
Finally, another new keystone for Arcway. A rather messy run (the central door was open which probably is the worst one for such a run, one wipe, several phone calls etc) so we finished this with only ~20 seconds left. And what did we get as a new dungeon? Oh joy, Court of Stars!

Anyway, it was definitly fun and being able to finish +5 even if not in time was good enough for the first week for us. We didn't use Flasks, we still lack enchants, we didn't really use Buff Food, no Potions and we had no Bloodlust (had to use Drums), so we can improve quite a bit if we really want to push.

But the difference of difficulty between several dungeons is definitly something. Eye of Azshara is really easy if you know that you can't skip that much trash and then you get something like Darkheart Ticket or Black Rook Hold were you effectively can't skip trash without using Invis potions. The timer, looked accordingly (even though we probably would have managed to +2 Darkheart if we didn't wipe in the beginning).

RPGCrazied

Finally got a couple blue champions, but still no equipment for them to use. I just got a rare quest it looks like I can do, and getting an item I have no clue what it does. 66%, watch I fail.

Broken Warden Helm.

v1perz53

So now that my main (Guardian Druid) is quite stable, and I just log in on the weekends for some Mythic+ runs with friends and every 3 days to knock out my emissary quests, I decided to finally do something I have been meaning to do for years. Been playing since 2004, rushing through so much of the content, I wanted to finally level a character through all of the questing content in the game very slowly, taking time to experience the stories in each zone and see how things feel. No heirlooms or XP buffs or anything. Plan to do all of the quests (that I can find at least) in each zone, and possibly each dungeon as well, likely over the course of the next few months. Got my character to ~30s already and some things I've noticed:

- I god damn LOVE the cata revamped old world, it is really a shame there is almost no reason to do this content anymore. Some of these quests are masterpieces, from Westfall to Redridge, even a zone as boring as Loch Modan is funny with the "axis of evil" (consisting of troggs enslaved by kobolds being controlled by gnolls working for murlocs). Not to mention classics like "Welcome to the Machine" and "The Day Deathwing Came"
- Really starting to appreciate minor conveniences of today's world. Having mobs that run at low HP isn't something I miss.
- Low level abilities are all kinds of wrong. I know they mentioned fixing this, but why does my Druid get the ability to remove curses and poisons at 22, while I don't get my first heal until 26?
- Even without heirlooms the XP scaling is all off. I've far outlevelled each zone just working through quests to get to the breadcrumb for the next zone without any XP boosts active.
- Don't know if this will continue, but I kind of like how the time spent in zones goes down as you level up. Like Loch Modan had ~50 quests, westfall has ~30 and Arathi has ~25. This has worked well enough to keep my ADD in check.

Anyway, been having a lot of fun. Been playing for so long, so I kind of know the stories and lore of a lot of these areas, but going and actually taking my time to experience the story has been a lot of fun. We will see how things change when I get to BC though, since that will technically be a step back from the cata modified old world.

So now that my main (Guardian Druid) is quite stable, and I just log in on the weekends for some Mythic+ runs with friends and every 3 days to knock out my emissary quests, I decided to finally do something I have been meaning to do for years. Been playing since 2004, rushing through so much of the content, I wanted to finally level a character through all of the questing content in the game very slowly, taking time to experience the stories in each zone and see how things feel. No heirlooms or XP buffs or anything. Plan to do all of the quests (that I can find at least) in each zone, and possibly each dungeon as well, likely over the course of the next few months. Got my character to ~30s already and some things I've noticed:

- I god damn LOVE the cata revamped old world, it is really a shame there is almost no reason to do this content anymore. Some of these quests are masterpieces, from Westfall to Redridge, even a zone as boring as Loch Modan is funny with the "axis of evil" (consisting of troggs enslaved by kobolds being controlled by gnolls working for murlocs). Not to mention classics like "Welcome to the Machine" and "The Day Deathwing Came"
- Really starting to appreciate minor conveniences of today's world. Having mobs that run at low HP isn't something I miss.
- Low level abilities are all kinds of wrong. I know they mentioned fixing this, but why does my Druid get the ability to remove curses and poisons at 22, while I don't get my first heal until 26?
- Even without heirlooms the XP scaling is all off. I've far outlevelled each zone just working through quests to get to the breadcrumb for the next zone without any XP boosts active.
- Don't know if this will continue, but I kind of like how the time spent in zones goes down as you level up. Like Loch Modan had ~50 quests, westfall has ~30 and Arathi has ~25. This has worked well enough to keep my ADD in check.

Anyway, been having a lot of fun. Been playing for so long, so I kind of know the stories and lore of a lot of these areas, but going and actually taking my time to experience the story has been a lot of fun. We will see how things change when I get to BC though, since that will technically be a step back from the cata modified old world.
TBC is an absolute slog. The "stories" were already a step down from Vanilla, and triple so from Cata. Wrath has a lot of great stories, but the experience gain still feels a bit slow. Once you get back to cata its a breeze from there on

Tenebrous

Glad you guys (accidently) got me back into raiding in HFC. Getting back into the swing of things this week has been very, very fun.

I think I'm ready for an alt or 10.

Tarazet

Got an 840 fire relic from a world quest.
Guess it's back to fire so I can stop going oom mid fight. :x

Are you playing Arcane? I know Warlocks can OOM if they don't life tap but I think Arcane is the only Mage that can OOM, and that means you screwed up.

v1perz53

TBC is an absolute slog. The "stories" were already a step down from Vanilla, and triple so from Cata. Wrath has a lot of great stories, but the experience gain still feels a bit slow. Once you get back to cata its a breeze from there on

TBC questing has shades of some good ideas, like in HFC where you see Pantheon the Calculator during a quest before eventually fighting him in the dungeon, but my god does it fall short in certain areas. Gotta love the "collect 10 of these item" quests where the item has a 30% drop rate and there are like 8 mobs total, or the single quest that sends you across the map, you come back to turn it in, single quest sends you back across the map to that spot again. Though the biggest offender is that for loremaster you in many cases need to do literally every single quest that exists in a zone. Nothing like being one quest short because mobs you never had any other reason to kill didn't drop their 5% droprate item that starts a breadcrumb quest.

Renekton

I wonder if regular raiders (who didn't stick around in WoD earning gold) are priced out of raiding for the first two weeks. An enchant or gem can go into high 5 figures.

Any Holy Pallies here? What are your impressions of the spec so far? I don't heal often, but HPal is probably going to be the only healing spec available to me among my first batch of alts.

I haven't healed for a few expansions but Holy Paladin has been great so far. Balancing your own hp with your parties with Light of the Martyr has been pretty interesting.

erawsd

I wonder if regular raiders (who didn't stick around in WoD earning gold) are priced out of raiding for the first two weeks. An enchant or gem can go into high 5 figures.

Yeah, I'm in a pretty casual guild with lots of returning players and 5k per flask+1.2k for pots proven a bit too steep for some. The suggestion is to drop a crafting profession if you are a double crafter and farm your own plus just get in on the mania while it lasts. Professions dont provide stat buffs anymore and skill level is irrelevant so you dont even have to spend a whole weekend gathering old world nodes.

For gems/Enchants we're ok with people using the cheap stuff for now.

Mothman91

Me and friend just did Darkheart Thicket Mythic +. Got my lvl 2 towards Halls of Valor and he got Arcway +5. We were wondering how this works now. He wants me to help him through Arcway, but I'm like really really sure we will not get below time limit because that dungeon is exhausting as fuck. Does my keystone deplete too? Can he choose to get no loot but get another keystone?

erawsd

Me and friend just did Darkheart Thicket Mythic +. Got my lvl 2 towards Halls of Valor and he got Arcway +5. We were wondering how this works now. He wants me to help him through Arcway, but I'm like really really sure we will not get below time limit because that dungeon is exhausting as fuck. Does my keystone deplete too? Can he choose to get no loot but get another keystone?

No, only the keystone that is used to start the mythic+ run will be depleted. Even if you dont make the timer youll still get a loot chest at the end if you can clear it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
RZgNPQU.png

Mythic Cordana.

I wish I knew healing specs so I could give tips because goddamn.

Mothman91

No, only the keystone that is used to start the mythic+ run will be depleted. Even if you dont make the timer youll still get a loot chest at the end if you can clear it.

So let's say we get below timer, his keystone get depleted. He would have to get another fresh keystone from someone elses mythic + and restart to get higher up again?

Top Bottom