• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Gritesh

I see alot of people claiming they cannot get higher ilvl without running mythics.

I've ran one mythic, I took away 0 gear from it for my prot paladin, my ilvl is 843.

Anyways.

Me and two buddies have come back to WoW after having taken a few years hiatus. I missed MOP and Draenor, but before that I was main tanking for a heroic 25 man guild 5 nights a week etc through wotlk and cataclysm.

Now I'm old and have kids and so do my buddies and we can't commit 5 nights a week to raiding.

We have a small guild going with the three of us on kel'thuzad if anyone wants to join us.

I believe this works but correct me if I'm wrong.

If you are interested and have raiding experience or would like to raid with us I will be putting together a group for normal raids likely one or two nights a week. You can pm me on here I'll add you to battlenet friends list so I can keep track of who's who and each week well be picking a date to run the raid and I can pm you through battlenet if you'd like to join us.

We are essentially right now looking for one more tank 3 healers and 10+ dps to round out the group.

If this sounds like something you guys are interested in pm me and I'll set you up.

Also for mythics we are looking for more people to join us daily in doing those as well.

The reason for doing it this way is we want to be open with people that we aren't planning to commit to 5 nights a week and we likely will not be pushing anything past normal difficulty unless the group is super comfortable on doing so.

Thanks guys.

Robin64

I see alot of people claiming they cannot get higher ilvl without running mythics.

I've ran one mythic, I took away 0 gear from it for my prot paladin, my ilvl is 843.

Heh yeah. I'm 842 and haven't done a single dungeon above even Normal (and even they were only once for the quest)

v1perz53

So I still haven't gotten a legendary on either of my 110's.
Figured I'd have seen at least one by now.

Yea that's the oddest thing to me. I've done every mythic each week, every emissary quest and TONS of random heroics (I currently have 70 augment runes just from the bag) and not only have I never gotten a legendary, I've never seen a legendary drop for anyone I've grouped with, and I've never grouped with anyone who had a legendary. They're definitely rare when I've never even seen another player in my groups that has one...

Oh well, it'll happen when it happens

Lanrutcon

Heh yeah. I'm 842 and haven't done a single dungeon above even Normal (and even they were only once for the quest)

And you both were playing when world quests were bugged to give higher level gear than they ought to.

Try it with a fresh 110 now. Not so easy any more.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I've declared the squirrels/nuts world quest in Lorlathil to be the worst world quest.
Every time that Worgen world quest giver shows up I'm just sort of like..."get me out of here"...then the lines for the squirrel quest come in and it has me thinking I need to turn off in game sound for a good while.

Somnia

Got my DH to 110 and my DK to 110, decided to retire the DK for now, just not feeling it. I love the DH Havoc, but I keep being pulled back to play my Warlock. He's 105 so it wouldn't take long to level him, but at this point I'm so far behind the curve lol

Though I'm having fun bouncing around characters and just questing for now, so whatever. I'm not a mythic raider, so guess I should just enjoy my ride :)

Rizzi

And the guy who did nothing except die on practically every fight gets the 860 titanforged gear.
147.gif

Magnus

Got a new rig. Feels like a new game. Nice to have great performance on maxed settings everywhere.

It's funny though - I still dip to like 45fps when lots of things are going on in the open world, weather effects, combat, etc.

The rig is an i5, 1060 3gb, with 16gb RAM, and STILL some framedrops, haha.

Rizzi

Got a new rig. Feels like a new game. Nice to have great performance on maxed settings everywhere.

It's funny though - I still dip to like 45fps when lots of things are going on in the open world, weather effects, combat, etc.

WoW is not well optimized for modern machines.

Somnia

Ya I'm on a 6600k, 16gb ram and a 980 and still get some framedrops. Just how it is.

Robin64

And you both were playing when world quests were bugged to give higher level gear than they ought to.

Try it with a fresh 110 now. Not so easy any more.

What bug? They weren't giving high level gear when I first hit 110. I was getting 805 stuff, if gear even appeared. I didn't start to get good stuff until I got higher ilvls.

Plus it's not all WQ gear, I have order hall gear here too, six pieces of it. Given I hit 110 a couple of weeks ago (the day after launch) and have played fairly solidly since then, I think if I did the same with a fresh 110 and looked at it after the same period of time then it would be similar.

Lanrutcon

What bug? They weren't giving high level gear when I first hit 110. I was getting 805 stuff, if gear even appeared. I didn't start to get good stuff until I got higher ilvls.

Plus it's not all WQ gear, I have order hall gear here too, six pieces of it. Given I hit 110 a couple of weeks ago (the day after launch) and have played fairly solidly since then, I think if I did the same with a fresh 110 and looked at it after the same period of time then it would be similar.

There were 2 bugs: one that was giving out high level pvp gear in WQs regardless of honor level and another which caused certain gear awarding WQs to pop up more often than intended.

Scored some 840/850 gear on my first two characters in WQs I'm convinced shouldn't have paid off that well given their gear levels.

Robin64

I must've missed the PvP WQs giving awesome loot, I've never had anything above 805 from them, even now at honor level 11.

I didnt noticed when you queue in BG as another spec , the systems turns your spec to the spec you chose yet it erases any change you do on BGs and returns you on the spec you were before BG.

Neither to say I got a 840 rune artifact drop and put it on the wrong artifact weapon......

Mupod

I must've missed the PvP WQs giving awesome loot, I've never had anything above 805 from them, even now at honor level 11.

I've been around 20-23 ish for a while as I did some BGs/world quest grinding early on. It feels like those quests either had 805 garbage or inexplicable 840 epic gear. I've got 3 pieces of gladiator gear from it, could have had more if I'd bothered to go after things like versatility trinkets. After the 'fix' I've never seen PVP rewards higher than 805.

Gritesh

There were 2 bugs: one that was giving out high level pvp gear in WQs regardless of honor level and another which caused certain gear awarding WQs to pop up more often than intended.

Scored some 840/850 gear on my first two characters in WQs I'm convinced shouldn't have paid off that well given their gear levels.

I never picked up either of these "bugs" in fact I have never once done a WQ that awards pvp gear. And short of logging in and checking the pve rewards of WQ and going after the pieces I needed I don't think I've taken advantage of "bugs" in the game.

My two buddies I play with are at the same ilvl doing the same shit as me. It's not hard to get above 840 ilvl. We are ultra casual 3 nights a week type players.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I never picked up either of these "bugs" in fact I have never once done a WQ that awards pvp gear. And short of logging in and checking the pve rewards of WQ and going after the pieces I needed I don't think I've taken advantage of "bugs" in the game.

My two buddies I play with are at the same ilvl doing the same shit as me. It's not hard to get above 840 ilvl. We are ultra casual 3 nights a week type players.

youre saying it like it was "dirty" but people had no fucking clue it was a bug. There were World Quests with 840+ items in them and people did them

Gritesh

youre saying it like it was "dirty" but people had no fucking clue it was a bug. There were World Quests with 840+ items in them and people did them

Well looking at my WQs for today I have two that are up offering 835 trinkets and one that offers 840 bracers.

With a proc of titanforge that could easily turn one of those trinkets into 840+ or the bracers into 845+

.....is that a bug?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well looking at my WQs for today I have two that are up offering 835 trinkets and one that offers 840 bracers.

With a proc of titanforge that could easily turn one of those trinkets into 840+ or the bracers into 845+

.....is that a bug?

the bug was that the PVP World Quests were giving out 840+ gear for everyone, not just for people that had enough honor. It was adressed as a bug by blizzard as unintended.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

.....is that a bug?

i dunno, but i don't have a single WQ active rn that has a loot reward, and i haven't done any WQs for a couple of days.

Gritesh

the bug was that the PVP World Quests were giving out 840+ gear for everyone, not just for people that had enough honor. It was adressed as a bug by blizzard as unintended.

Well that's fine but it doesn't excuse the argument that obtaining 840 gear is only in mythics.

As I stated my paladin has the chance at the very least through world quests today to get three pieces of gear that are 835, 835, and 840 respectively.

My truth guard is currently sitting at ilvl 866, through relics obtained in world questing.

I did nithogg the world boss on Tuesday and he dropped an ilvl 860 helm for me.

It's not impossible to break the 835/840 requirement people are looking for to run with pug mythic groups as some people would suggest.

M.D

After playing tank DH since the expansion launched and learning the encounters and improving to become a decent tank then having to switch Rogue for raiding purposes, it is now infuriating seeing tanks who clearly have no clue about the dungeons/encounters result ingin wipes or just flat out taking a dungeon run way longer then it should

If you're going to tank how about you actually bother reading about what you're tanking instead of just standing there and taking hits

Also, how did everyone come to the conclusion that Haste is the last important stat for Outlaw? I'm energy starved for such long periods of time it's not even funny

Fjordson

Pug groups asking for ridiculously high item lvl for easy content has been around for as long as I can remember. Was really bad in WoD. It's incredibly annoying and unnecessary, but I can kinda see why it happens. Especially with DPS. You get so many applicants, might as well take the best geared ones.

But yeah, item level and completion achieves really do make it difficult to break into PvE content without a solid guild. Not impossible by any means, but it can be frustrating initially.

Lomax

I've declared the squirrels/nuts world quest in Lorlathil to be the worst world quest.

Agreed, and the worst thing is you land there and are like "oh I guess I'll do this real quick" and then forever later you're running around looking for that last damn squirrel and lose all motivation to go do whatever you came there for in the first place.

scy

When I hit first 110 and had this World Quest, I thought it was the best thing ever.

Then the next time it came around there were like 10 people there doing it and it was awful.

why are there a million nuts and 7 squirrels I don't understand these are the worst squirrels ever

Pug groups asking for ridiculously high item lvl for easy content has been around for as long as I can remember. Was really bad in WoD. It's incredibly annoying and unnecessary, but I can kinda see why it happens. Especially with DPS. You get so many applicants, might as well take the best geared ones.

It is interesting to see the ilvl requirement for Mythic jump ~30-40 ilvls since week 1.

The one time we had to pug it I think I just put 810 and just did a first person on the list pick.

shamanick

As a new (to post BC) player to WoW, what are groups looking for for mythics aside from ilevel? Are there achievements that one should have?

After playing tank DH since the expansion launched and learning the encounters and improving to become a decent tank then having to switch Rogue for raiding purposes, it is now infuriating seeing tanks who clearly have no clue about the dungeons/encounters result ingin wipes or just flat out taking a dungeon run way longer then it should

If you're going to tank how about you actually bother reading about what you're tanking instead of just standing there and taking hits

Also, how did everyone come to the conclusion that Haste is the last important stat for Outlaw? I'm energy starved for such long periods of time it's not even funny

Maybe people don't know where to read about those things. I don't.

I don't think its that bad, there are worse ones - even not counting the WQ that are bugged or don't work like the buoy fishing one. There are WQ that make you go to the Court of Stars area of Suramar, those can go diaf

Aeana

I don't think its that bad, there are worse ones - even not counting the WQ that are bugged or don't work like the buoy fishing one. There are WQ that make you go to the Court of Stars area of Suramar, those can go diaf

The scarcity of the squirrels combined with everybody having a bodyguard blocking clicking on the damn things drives me up a wall.

Lain

I got a 1070 and framerate still drops to 30fps in openworld. Let's not talk about where it dropped on the broken isles prequest when people pulled every single demon at the end of it (horde side).

scy

The scarcity of the squirrels combined with everybody having a bodyguard blocking clicking on the damn things drives me up a wall.

On a PvP server, it has this extra bit of "if I misclick and attack someone what will happen" excitement behind it.

And by excitement I mean worry.

lazygecko

I got a 1070 and framerate still drops to 30fps in openworld. Let's not talk about where it dropped on the broken isles prequest when people pulled every single demon at the end of it (horde side).

Some of the visual effects seem really unoptimized as well. Like sometimes when you have a bear kicking up dust or something else that generates a lot of small instances of particle effects, the framerate just tanks.

Any tips for an unholy Dk? It's just not clicking with me, I checked wowhead and got the rotation but i keep dying and it's getting frustrating

Jadax

Anyone else play on Proudmoore NA - alliance? Hit me up at #Jadax2287

I just restarted WoW, have to lvl up my druid + warrior from 100-110.

Mupod

Any tips for an unholy Dk? It's just not clicking with me, I checked wowhead and got the rotation but i keep dying and it's getting frustrating

Dying to what? Dungeons, PVP or soloing?

To me it's still a bit awkward in dungeons. You want to do high burst, but you also want to use death coil to use RP and get scourge of worlds procs. The single target rotation is straightfoward.

I honestly stick to Blood when I'm doing world quest stuff. Even with my damage massively nerfed it's so much easier to just round up all the mobs and AOE. Unholy's actual damage output is so much higher though. Remember that Unholy has Icebound Fortitude and Death Strike which can save you from bad pulls.

PVP is kind of a shit show atm and I gave up after getting frustrated by every battleground being mostly OP demon hunters + horde having zero healers 80% of the time. Unholy does have great sustained damage, although it's being nerfed pretty hard soon.

I avoid all PvP things.

The only PVP world quests that ever have PVP are the Black Rook FFA arena and the goofy mounted one in Stormheim. The former is hilarious and the latter is annoying.

The darkbrul arena is one of those 'kill players or kill mobs to fill the bar' but it's made to be as obnoxious as possible. The mobs are a bunch of stationary drogbar elites with insane amounts of health that throw shit at you if you get close. They do insane amounts of damage and stunlock so pulling two is ill advised. But since they have so much health, respawn slowly, and give so little percentage it takes FOREVER. It's also underground and a huge pain in the ass to get to.The only help you get are the berserking powerups which make the mobs die a little faster.

Last couple times I went down there I was all alone except for 1 or 2 alliance who didn't attack me. I'd imagine it's usually deserted now.

StMeph

Some of the visual effects seem really unoptimized as well. Like sometimes when you have a bear kicking up dust or something else that generates a lot of small instances of particle effects, the framerate just tanks.

1080 and I get major loss in framerate when a panther mob kicks up dust.

I fail to see how an improved rotation helps you from not dying.

M.D

Maybe people don't know where to read about those things. I don't.

You don't know the in-game Adventure Guide? Shift+J, there's some key abilities listed for every role as well every boss mechanic

wowhead and Fatboss are good options for detailed written and video guides, plus there's icy veins and other YouTube channels for more options

Top Bottom