• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Freeman76

After 12 years of playing this game its time to admit im shit at it lol, I managed to complete Mythic VH with my 841 BM Hunter but I was way lower on DPS than everyone else and so usually will get kicked. I've checked Icy Veins, done things accordingly, I guess Im just not fast enough on the keys lol

Since day one I always played Lock, and since I'm so poorly skilled anyway perhaps it's time to take him from 100-110 instead of trying to play a higher dps class. Not a moan post at all btw, I'm ok with my low abilities I guess

Freeman76

They pretty much fucked world quests already, and it's only a few weeks into the xpac.

1) The pool of quests is stupidly small. Getting reruns over and over has already made things stale.
2) The rewards are 99% trash. Why the fuck aren't things scaling? and who thought quests like "40 stormscale for 1 Blood of Sargeras" was a good ideA?
3) It takes longer to fly to some of the quests than actually do them. Instead of a billion quests for shitty amounts of artifact power, they should just have 5 a day with decent amounts. Getting 300 artifact power when I need 20k is absurd. What happened to all the talk about "we want rewards to feel meaningful?".

Unfortunately this is all accurate, hopefully they can change the systems a bit to make it more rewarding.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hate that MM is the top Hunter dps spec because the 'rotation' feels awful to me. I hate Barrage as a key ability even for single target. I hate the sidewinders ability. I hate the artifact ability. I hate that the multitarget rotation is the single target rotation. That just feels lazy.
After 12 years of playing this game its time to admit im shit at it lol, I managed to complete Mythic VH with my 841 BM Hunter but I was way lower on DPS than everyone else and so usually will get kicked. I've checked Icy Veins, done things accordingly, I guess Im just not fast enough on the keys lol

Since day one I always played Lock, and since I'm so poorly skilled anyway perhaps it's time to take him from 100-110 instead of trying to play a higher dps class. Not a moan post at all btw, I'm ok with my low abilities I guess

Are you making sure to cheese Beast Cleave? Remember how important Dire Beast is due to the fact that it knocks time off Bestial Wrath and can randomly reset. I don't know what more to tell you to fix your BM game. It's pretty easy to manage.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Got an 840 fire relic from a world quest.
Guess it's back to fire so I can stop going oom mid fight. :x
You shouldn't be going OOM mid fight as arcane. Only burst when you have Evocation up or are getting it back up in the next 10-15 seconds (so really your Arcane Power usage depends on the cooldown of Evocation, not Arcane Power). If you're not comfortable with NT-quickening then just use standard Blast-Blast-Blast-Barrage conserve rotation (only casting all your AM procs at 3+ charges) and it's absolutely impossible to run out of mana, even though your DPS will be garbage.

If it's an AOE fight then substitute Blast for Explosion during burst; and most trash mobs should die to the party's AOE/cleave before you OOM mid fight if you just spam Explosion.

Still waiting on that flat 15% damage buff to all spells though. Come thru Blizzard.

Rizzi

I cannot get in to a single mythic. Need better gear 'cause everyone is asking for 840, but I can't get better gear unless I get in to mythics..

Lanrutcon

You shouldn't be going OOM mid fight as arcane. Only burst when you have Evocation up or are getting it back up in the next 10-15 seconds (so really your Arcane Power usage depends on the cooldown of Evocation, not Arcane Power). If you're not comfortable with NT-quickening then just use standard Blast-Blast-Blast-Barrage conserve rotation (only casting all your AM procs at 3+ charges) and it's absolutely impossible to run out of mana, even though your DPS will be garbage.

If it's an AOE fight then substitute Blast for Explosion during burst; and most trash mobs should die to the party's AOE/cleave before you OOM mid fight if you just spam Explosion.

Still waiting on that flat 15% damage buff to all spells though. Come thru Blizzard.

I feel sorry for Arcane. You guys were gods in WoD.

Rizzi

"Your application to mythic xxxxxx has been declined"
Well this is fun.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I feel sorry for Arcane. You guys were gods in WoD.
I'm not asking for Arcane to be UNDENIABLY THE BEST AND ALL OTHERS GROVEL (otherwise I would never have rolled Arcane in the first place), I just want to be able to keep up. I don't see why, as an ilvl 850 Arcane Mage, my burst should only net me slightly higher DPS than the tank unless I've been playing like a god for 90 seconds and have 100 Quickening stacks before I start, and I don't see how Blizzard had months of feedback from beta and let the game go final in this state. Ditto for Warlocks and Ele Shamans and Frost DKs and all the other underperforming DPS specs. It's kind of absurd to me that you could literally give these classes a 15% flat buff to damage and that would only make them viable and not insanely OP. Doubly absurd that this disparity has appeared in an xpac where making sure that all the classes are in a similar band is the most important it's ever been (thanks to the investment of Artifact Weapons).

I still have a lot to learn about Arcane (only recently gone back to the game after a break basically since Vanilla) and I'm sure there's still plenty of headroom for me to get to higher DPS, but the class is just busted at a fundamental level right now; EVEN IF damage was increased, that doesn't solve the issues with secondary stats or the contradictory nature of the class's core rotation. It shouldn't have left beta in this state: it needs a few more months in the oven.

Pendas

Banned
Well this is fun.

This happened to me yesterday. Except replace the last line with "You've been accepted." Then proceed to have your party wipe 5 times to trash after killing one boss."

I'll stick to Guild runs.

Lanrutcon

Well this is fun.

Gonna keep getting worse. Mythic+ has even more on the line, so the elitism/class divide is even more prominent.

That being said, I don't blame the players. I blame Blizzard. xXNinjaGokuKILLAHXx doesn't want to invite you to his group because you do 2/3ds of the dps of a DH.

Bizazedo

Unfortunately this is all accurate, hopefully they can change the systems a bit to make it more rewarding.

Are you two guys clearing all the WQ's each day? I am, too, and I don't think they mean us when they say the awards are meaningful. They mean the more casual people.

Gonna keep getting worse. Mythic+ has even more on the line, so the elitism/class divide is even more prominent.

That being said, I don't blame the players. I blame Blizzard. xXNinjaGokuKILLAHXx doesn't want to invite you to his group because you do 2/3ds of the dps of a DH.

I'm kind of surprised normal Mythic isn't on the random group finder. It's not like it's much harder than Heroic.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I cant even fathom doing the pug grind for mythics. Lyckily a small group of dudes I used to play with has been doing one or two a day in the evening so im doing it with them. we did a mythic 2 Maw of Souls last night, fun times. Ill never push super high mythics but thats not expected anywy when you are not guilded. That im even doing these is good enough for me

CoLaN

Guild runs are fun of course, but i always had the feeling that the group finder tool does a lot of damage to the game because of what it became.

The idea and functionality are there, but the elitist/toxic atmosphere it spreads make people actually leave the game.

Meters are a necessity (well, kinda), but at the same time they make the game a bit miserable. There is no way back, anyway.

What i find is that usually a lot of my friends tend to leave the game after trying the raids for a bit.
Legion has a lot of good ideas (taken from other games), but it just feel so...static and predictable.

Another thing is that while many parts of the game evolved during the years, boss fights are the same "memorize the ballet and execute it everytime".

In my dreams, all the videos and guides that you have to watch and memorize before you even try the bosses would be useless because the fights would change everytime (having some set rules to make them special ofc), making them more based around fast reactions and thinking on the fly.

It will never happen anyway.

Mupod

I'm real glad I have a solid mythic+ group. Now to actually get into raids. Is the GAF one for tomorrow still happening?

As for balancing - I saw a blue post saying that tanks were only nerfed 10% because the patch notes say so, and the people with hard data are wrong because reasons. Fucking hell. Hope next week's changes aren't such a mess.

Sölf;217824038 said:
I don't even want to run that one at the moment. So much trash you can accidentaly aggro, those Imps were created by Satan himself, the third boss deals so much damage, even on lower levels. God.

Arcway is better, even though the trash in there is also the stuff of nightmares.

Holy shit those imps. I accidentally pulled one pack and they wiped us in about 3 seconds. They are just as bad on the fire boss, but if you're not ready with AOE stuns and interrupts you're fuuuucked.

The enforcers at level 5 are something else too. At current gear levels it is EXTREMELY important to get the class-specific buffs before the bosses and have bloodlust for the last guy. Everyone else in my 5 man squad does progression raiding and they said level 5 court of stars was the hardest thing they've done in legion so far.

The thing is, I actually had fun running it and would gladly do so again now that I understand the optimal route. I think part of the trick is you should run it once on regular mythic to find out where the traps and buffs in the second area are. The 'find the dreadlord' section seems to be random but that isn't.

Lanrutcon

I'm real glad I have a solid mythic+ group. Now to actually get into raids. Is the GAF one for tomorrow still happening?

As for balancing - I saw a blue post saying that tanks were only nerfed 10% because the patch notes say so, and the people with hard data are wrong because reasons. Fucking hell. Hope next week's changes aren't such a mess.

Well then, I hope they buff Warlocks by 10%.

v1perz53

Are you two guys clearing all the WQ's each day? I am, too, and I don't think they mean us when they say the awards are meaningful. They mean the more casual people.

Jesus everloving christ all the WQs each day? I can't even be bothered to do some of the lucrative ones at this point, and I definitely skip every WQ that awards gear. To me the main benefit of the WQ system is being able to skip most of them most of the time lol.

Normal mythic should absolutely be on the group finder.
It's not like it's difficult.

Gotta draw the line somewhere, when we are all at 900 ilvl you'll be saying that about Mythic+5. I prefer using group finder because it ends up being a million times more social, generally everyone actually speaks at least one sentence when we are ready to start, and there is occasional interaction, as opposed to the group finder where it is total silence the whole run. But I am biased since I do Mythics as a tank, and I really only run with my two friends who are a healer and a DPS, so I always start my own groups. But for all you guys getting declined, its nothing personal, after I list my group I usually get like 10 applicants in the first minute, so once I pick two it auto declines the rest.

Also, random aside, is there really no other way to get the Heavy Armor Sets (+5 follower ilvl) aside from hoping a mission pops up rewarding them? Wowhead says they can drop from emissary chests but I've certainly never gotten them from there. Kind of annoying since I have a bunch of 830 missions but my followers are stuck at 810, haven't seen the upgrade item missions in a few days now. And I'm a Druid, so one of the classes that can't put in work orders, though I don't know if those come from work orders anyway.

I hate world quests because it was fine not caring about dailies once you got enough rep. With Artifact Power, I'll feel obligated to do WQs for so long. Such a waste of time 🙄😴

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
They pretty much fucked world quests already, and it's only a few weeks into the xpac.

1) The pool of quests is stupidly small. Getting reruns over and over has already made things stale.
2) The rewards are 99% trash. Why the fuck aren't things scaling? and who thought quests like "40 stormscale for 1 Blood of Sargeras" was a good ideA?
3) It takes longer to fly to some of the quests than actually do them. Instead of a billion quests for shitty amounts of artifact power, they should just have 5 a day with decent amounts. Getting 300 artifact power when I need 20k is absurd. What happened to all the talk about "we want rewards to feel meaningful?".

I mean, I definitely agree, but WQs are designed with key differences in mind from, say, the bounty system.

Primarily, them being linked to both reputation and 'power gain' via AP means that they were always going to be hugely gated in terms of what they actually offered compared to the relative effort involved, especially taking rep rewards and the way AK works into account, and how 'actually' fast Blizz will get more content out.

I do agree that they're going to need to pump out way more WQs stat (as is, as soon as I get my alt WW monk up to snuff gear wise, I'm gonna hibernate except for AP and good WQ rewards), as well as decrease the trash 25-75 gold reward pools, but without them having 'so many' as a stopgap measure, the content issue would be perhaps even more prevalent for non-raiders.

Sölf

IHoly shit those imps. I accidentally pulled one pack and they wiped us in about 3 seconds. They are just as bad on the fire boss, but if you're not ready with AOE stuns and interrupts you're fuuuucked.

The enforcers at level 5 are something else too. At current gear levels it is EXTREMELY important to get the class-specific buffs before the bosses and have bloodlust for the last guy. Everyone else in my 5 man squad does progression raiding and they said level 5 court of stars was the hardest thing they've done in legion so far.

The thing is, I actually had fun running it and would gladly do so again now that I understand the optimal route. I think part of the trick is you should run it once on regular mythic to find out where the traps and buffs in the second area are. The 'find the dreadlord' section seems to be random but that isn't.

We only did it on +3 so far, but stuff in there is REALLY hard and unforgiving. We still have no idea where all the buffs in the second area are (we found +Crit, +Haste, +Movement speed and one we could use to aggro one of the minibosses). The constructs that heal other are also horrible. And our comp is probably one of the worst ones in terms of overall damage and Stuns:

- Hunter (I think BM, but I am nut 100% sure)
- Warlock (I think Affliction, but he switched a few times between speccs already)
- Frost DK (me, oh boy)
- Resto Dudu
- Tank DH (I think that's Havoc, right?)

I myself have no reliable stun (AoE stun takes to long and the other one is only a disorient effect), Warlock currently also does not do much, hunter I have no idea...

Well, basically, we can AoE stuff thanks to cleave and all, but really chain stunning stuff? Not really. But hell are Mythic+ fun.

Knch

HOW I CAHOSBOLT

wut is havok

lol wand dmage ftw

why deeps so low?!?!

I play a Warlock. Don't judge me.

I didn't totally forget to use havoc yesterday, didn't change much, still consistently 1st overall/most fights/all bosses in our steady group. (Beating out the blood DK (since the nerf at least, another destruction lock, and a boomkin/firemage)

Jesus everloving christ all the WQs each day? I can't even be bothered to do some of the lucrative ones at this point, and I definitely skip every WQ that awards gear. To me the main benefit of the WQ system is being able to skip most of them most of the time lol.

I do the 4 for the emmisary quest (usually) and all the possible gear upgrade ones. Yes I'm a filthy casual (and lazy.)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If that is true then it is stupid why only 1 boss per week when there are 11 world bosses? So it takes 2.5 months to see all of them once?
This is an MMO and this expansion has a two to three year lifespan. There is already like a billion things to do on my characters without having to go clear all world bosses every week.

Magnus

Lol... clearing ALL the WQs, EVERY day?

Ain't nobody got time for that. I'll go for the lucrative gear, in the hope it titanforges, as well as the ones with high AP rewards, or profession work orders. Spending more time on the system offers seriously diminishing returns. Fuck that noise.

In general I'll wait to see if any of the above become part of an Emissary series too, to minimize the time spent on it all.

Edit- I should add I try and do all the blue/rare Nightfallen WQs too for that rep. I'd like Exalted sooner rather than later.

StMeph

Finished Normal EN last night, having PUGed everything over three days:

Tue: Nythendra, Ursoc, Elerethe Renferal
Wed: Il'gynoth, Dragons of Nightmare
Thu: Cenarius, Xavius​

Only two pieces of loot from 7 bosses and 1 bonus roll, but at least both pieces got WF/TF bonuses.

People started this raid tier with probably the highest average ilevel compared to older expansions only having Heroics, considering WF/TF possibilities from WQs and Heroics/Mythics and no limit to crafted gear at 850 for every possible slot, short 1x ring and 1x trinket. With that, I couldn't tell if Normal was actually undertuned or if it was entirely being outgeared from the outset.

At this point I'll probably do Normal for one more week while transitioning into Heroic PUGs this weekend.

Bizazedo

We ran a 20 person group so we can progress to mythic without issue.
Yeah, I just meant difficulty wise.

Lol... clearing ALL the WQs, EVERY day?

Ain't nobody got time for that. I'll go for the lucrative gear, in the hope it titanforges, as well as the ones with high AP rewards, or profession work orders.

Edit- I should add I try and do all the blue/rare Nightfallen WQs too for that rep. I'd like Exalted sooner rather than later.

Agreed, actually. Going to try to stop today. It helps that I am revered with everyone and reputation tokens are appearing for my follower missions now.

Pickman

So I still haven't gotten a legendary on either of my 110's.
Figured I'd have seen at least one by now.

Same, been all about that grind and haven't seen shit. Meanwhile my guildie has 3 and plays maybe 1/2 the time I do. And he's so fucking smug about it.

tumblr_lzjrsoo61q1r50h4io1_400.jpg

Nere

This is an MMO and this expansion has a two to three year lifespan. There is already like a billion things to do on my characters without having to go clear all world bosses every week.

I didn't said all at the same time but they could at least spawn 3 per week. You would kill each boss once per month which is totally resonable.

Mupod

For some reason I had it in my head that normal mode was 860. Considering I'm 849 right now without any crazy titanforged pieces, just good mythic/mythic+ stuff, yeah that's a lot different from how I usually end up starting off in raids.

I broke the game somehow and the Seal of Broken Fate guy gave me 4 instead of 3, possibly because a DDOS was happening as I was buying mine. I didn't get one from any other sources - I've seen people say they have an option for one in their class hall upgrades but I don't as a DK. Since I have an extra I may try to get into a heroic nythendra pug or just bump off the world boss again.

Teletraan1

Banned
Just started leveling a new character and boy are those belf starter zones shit. It is like leveling in outlands but with no mount. Huge area, here is a thousand quests, collect 10 of something that never drops, kill 10 things in a huge area but only 1-2 spawn very slowly combined with cross realm shenanigans make for some painful questing. I went 15-30 in the reworked zones in about 1/8 of the time it took to get to 15. They really need to give everything they introduced with BC the facelift that the rest of the game got as it is an absolute slog in comparison.

Lain

Managed to do 20 laps of Ram racing on an Alliance character and it was draining but fulfilling. I don't think I could manage 21 but 40 tokens out of it is really good. I wish I could make as many laps on the horde characters, I find getting to 15/16 is difficult enough with them.

Apathy

Get the weakaura addon and then get an active buff package like this one and import it https://gist.githubusercontent.com/...fde390520808bb5/WeakAuras-Hunter-Active Buffs

Put it where you want, it grows to the right so don't worry if when you set it up most of the icons go of screen, they wont all show up.

When in instances, because most packs are aoe, your rotation when there are 3 or more mobs goes like this, multi shot so your pets go attack, beastial wrath, crows, dire beast, multi when your beast cleave is about to drop (the weak aura shows the beast cleave icon with the timer, just multi to refresh it), kill command, dire best, multi to refresh. Continue

Basically you don't need to spam multi, you juggle your cooldowns while having enough focus to multi when beast cleave will drop. Now your gear might not yet allow the sneaking in of some of the single target abilities yet, so you might have to switch the rotation, but you must importantly you want to use dire beast on cooldown as soon as it's up and keep up beast cleave (specially when it procs). You also want to user beastial wrath as soon as it's up unless the mob is about to die or it's the last pack before a boss and you won't have enough time to come back off cooldown before you pull.

For 2 or less you can just do a standard single target rotation but you can sneak in a multi shot between cobra shots to keep up beast cleave for the extra damage.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
d
Get the weakaura addon and then get an active buff package like this one and import it https://gist.githubusercontent.com/...fde390520808bb5/WeakAuras-Hunter-Active Buffs

Put it where you want, it grows to the right so don't worry if when you set it up most of the icons go of screen, they wont all show up.

When in instances, because most packs are aoe, your rotation when there are 3 or more mobs goes like this, multi shot so your pets go attack, beastial wrath, crows, dire beast, multi when your beast cleave is about to drop (the weak aura shows the beast cleave icon with the timer, just multi to refresh it), kill command, dire best, multi to refresh. Continue

Basically you don't need to spam multi, you juggle your cooldowns while having enough focus to multi when beast cleave will drop. Now your gear might not yet allow the sneaking in of some of the single target abilities yet, so you might have to switch the rotation, but you must importantly you want to use dire beast on cooldown as soon as it's up and keep up beast cleave (specially when it procs). You also want to user beastial wrath as soon as it's up unless the mob is about to die or it's the last pack before a boss and you won't have enough time to come back off cooldown before you pull.

For 2 or less you can just do a standard single target rotation but you can sneak in a multi shot between cobra shots to keep up beast cleave for the extra damage.

but you do need to spam multishot when you have the storm of the giants artifact talent tho, that proc does stupid damage in aoe

or whatever that thing is called

Apathy

Our ret paladin got our 4th in EN normal last night. His loot spec was set to Holy. He's mad. Haha.

I really don't believe the fix for those that already got one actually worked.

but you do need to spam multishot when you have the storm of the giants artifact talent tho, that proc does stupid damage in aoe

Surge of the stormgod

Yes at that point the rotation changes to just using multi on 4 or more. I assumed he does not have it yet because he would not be having trouble with DPS if he did

Shahadan

Just did an Eye of Azshara +5 as a disc x_x

Well that was fun and we beat the timer, but I was on the edge of my seat.
My key upgraded to +6 Darkheart Thicket and well, fuck that.

Top Bottom