• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Fjordson

Some of the visual effects seem really unoptimized as well. Like sometimes when you have a bear kicking up dust or something else that generates a lot of small instances of particle effects, the framerate just tanks.
I've noticed that, really weird. Got a new rig shortly after launch and the game is usually super smooth. GTX 1070, 16 GB ram, etc. but sometimes dust particles like what you mentioned or like smoke can basically cut my FPS in half.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lots of cross over between Priest and Pali campaigns it seems, at least from the Priest's side

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
God damn, Blizzard. Why is there still no option to toggle Shadowform off out of combat.

Why give me color variants of my artifact when they're all purple?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
God damn, Blizzard. Why is there still no option to toggle Shadowform off out of combat.

It's apparently in 7.1, but that might have been inaccurate datamined fuckery.

CHC

Why the fuck does the game keep locking itself to 30 FPS after I alt-tab back in like 50% of the time? It's VERY annoying. New problem for me here.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I keep wondering if they just have like 90% of the World Quests bugged or something. Every now and then I get one I've never seen before but then it doesn't repeat again ever while I pretty consistently get the same 3-4 in every zone 3-4+ times a week.

Yeah, it honestly doesn't feel like there's a lot of WQs right now.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I keep wondering if they just have like 90% of the World Quests bugged or something. Every now and then I get one I've never seen before but then it doesn't repeat again ever while I pretty consistently get the same 3-4 in every zone 3-4+ times a week.

I kind of wonder this too, but at this point, Blizz would absolutely have to realize that it's the same pool of 15-20ish (of which at least 5 are pretty much always in the rotation/reset) WQs per zone, and make some kind of statement beyond just the '40 or so new ones coming in 7.1', which, to my knowledge, is all the info we've gotten.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Unholy DK artifact + Warlock Affliction artifact are nearly identical.

this isnt artifact tho, this is class order hall

edit: 10 WQs rolled over, still no gear. I have zero gear whole day from WQs (well more than that since some have been up for more than a day. Either something is wrong or its been nerfed im sorry

World Quests are a great idea to keep questing zones relevant but unless they improve the diversity or rewards for doing them, once I grind up the reps, can't see myself ever wanting to do them again.

erawsd

Yeah there definitely seems to be a bug or something going on where some quests are spawning far more frequently than others and those same quests always seem to have the most desirable rewards.

The Shaman bodyguard that gives you super speed doggie needs to be nerfed.

He already was a week or two ago, its same speed as normal mount.

Apathy

lots of cross over between Priest and Pali campaigns it seems, at least from the Priest's side

Just finished that off today, and man was it ever a disappointment. I spent like a good 4 minutes as a disc priest killing off that last demon while the paladin holy demon tanked.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

i feel like they are slowly releasing them into the pool. also i think you have to finish certain quests to unlock world quests spawning. the su'esh one for instance doesnt pop up as a world quest until you do the quest chain.

I fail to see how an improved rotation helps you from not dying.

Well I assume learning the rotation leads to killing stuff faster which leads to not dying as much. I could be mistaken though.

I've just been doing quests, I wouldn't even try a dungeon until I was comfortable with my skill.

Xeteh

this isnt artifact tho, this is class order hall

edit: 10 WQs rolled over, still no gear. I have zero gear whole day from WQs (well more than that since some have been up for more than a day. Either something is wrong or its been nerfed im sorry

I think it is just random chance. First two days after I hit 110 on my alt last week I got two pieces total, yesterday there were 4.

Mupod

Well I assume learning the rotation leads to killing stuff faster which leads to not dying as much. I could be mistaken though.

I've just been doing quests, I wouldn't even try a dungeon until I was comfortable with my skill.

The awkward thing about Unholy is it has a bit of a ramp up time, but at the same time kills fast enough that mobs die before you even get set up. But it's too squishy to deal with elites like Blood can.

I generally keep my abomination in super mode as much as I can. 7-8 Festering Wounds -> Soul Reaper -> Apocalypse is the instant mob blow up combo. For big groups don't worry too much about runic power or big festering stacks, disease + death and decay + get a few wounds up and then burst them while standing in D&D (it makes scourge strike hit all nearby targets).

You definitely want to run Castigator and get a decent amount of crit. I've seen a huge improvement in my DPS since I did that.

Tarazet

The Shaman bodyguard that gives you super speed doggie needs to be nerfed.

He's not the only awesome one. If you choose Hydraxis, you get a free Lay on Hands available every 2 minutes. If you use Nobundo, he's actually useful unlike that shit healer Leorajh in WoD. You can pull a lot more if you've got him topping you off.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He's not the only awesome one. If you choose Hydraxis, you get a free Lay on Hands available every 2 minutes. If you use Nobundo, he's actually useful unlike that shit healer Leorajh in WoD. You can pull a lot more if you've got him topping you off.

Sol isn't even on a 2 minute CD. He does damage and heals you. I never die with him now.

Lanrutcon

Wish I had bothered to grind a Mage up during the invasions. The only ranged dps I have leveled up to at least 100 that I enjoy playing is a Warlock.

Play your lock, man. Rely on the universal truth that most other players, despite their specs, are complete shit at the game.

Their failure is your opportunity.

Magnus

Totally agreed. It's already disappointing as a teeny ass dagger with pretty much lame designs all around (sorry, just my opinion), but then it's hidden in a cloud of purple, which is barely alleviated at all with the Glyph.

I feel very 'out of touch' with my artifact compared to all the other classes I've played.

Mossybrew

Question for Druids - one of the class hall upgrades are these plants that grow, that you harvest and use for a stat boost. Thing is the buff seems to disappear prematurely, or I get an error saying I'm not in the "right zone" for these things.

KLoWn

I just started a Monk and these swirling orbs around my character is driving me nuts. Is there any way to get rid of 'em?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I just started a Monk and these swirling orbs around my character is driving me nuts. Is there any way to get rid of 'em?

Spec out of... Chi Sphere I think it was called? It's your level 100 talent.

StMeph

I'm just having a hard time understanding what it could possibly be, rotation-wise, because just using Festering Strike -> Scourge Strike and literally nothing else should kill a mob before you are killed, which makes me think that the problem is less rotation and more positioning, awareness, or interrupting that is getting you killed.

If you're taking too much damage but are surviving encounters, making some Fighter's Chow will probably be enough to keep you alive between mobs.

v1perz53

I wish there was a more obvious visual indicator for when artifact research was ready for pickup. Easy to forget about it after 3-4 days, and I just did a bunch of world quests awarding AP while having my next research just sitting there ready -.- Also is it really necessary that we loot the BoP artifact research item then use it? What else was I planning to do with it blizz?
Also, I can't drum up the desire to farm the 12,500 order hall resources for the next upgrade in the tree. Don't really care about the free seal per week and the ancient of war is fine, but I just feel no pressure to push towards unlocking a second legendary when I feel as though I'm months away from getting my first.

Play your lock, man. Rely on the universal truth that most other players, despite their specs, are complete shit at the game.

Their failure is your opportunity.

I've been playing my Warlock on the side while leveling my Horde Paladin but the warlock is only 104 while the Paladin is lower. I don't even know if I want to invest the time in the Paladin since the advantages of tanking without a guild fell off pretty quickly with my Alli Pali on Bronzebeard whereas everyone seems hungry for ranged dps on Hyjal, even warlocks. Just need to hit cap and get its ilvl up.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
starting to get PUGs whining that my dps isn't high enough for a DPS and that since i'm ilvl 850 i must be a terrible player. fix your fucking balance blizzard, fucking christ.

Fjordson

Enhance shammy is so fun man. Love the shaman class hall also.

Fuck work yo. Need to get home and play.

edit: my one nitpick with shaman is how they handled Thrall story-wise. I get that Blizzard has been trying to power him down a bit since his Green Jesus days and all his plot armor, but c'mon man! Thrall should be front and center or at least close to center in the shaman class hall / questline.

World Quests are a great idea to keep questing zones relevant but unless they improve the diversity or rewards for doing them, once I grind up the reps, can't see myself ever wanting to do them again.

I got revered with all factions on my main and I'm preeeeeeetty sick of them. Not sure I'll keep up with emissary quests much longer other than for Nightfallen. I'm glad there's nothing amazing locked behind, just better crafting recipes and some gear you probably won't need by the time you hit exalted.

ampere

I got revered with all factions on my main and I'm preeeeeeetty sick of them. Not sure I'll keep up with emissary quests much longer other than for Nightfallen. I'm glad there's nothing amazing locked behind, just better crafting recipes and some gear you probably won't need by the time you hit exalted.

Emissary caches can drop legendaries

If you only do one thing world quest related per day, make it the emissary

Strimei

I've been wondering just how good some of the rewards can get.

I've gotten some pretty good mythic gear from it, honestly, and since it can seemingly proc, its been pretty high, too (850 pants, 845 trinket).

Lanrutcon

I've been playing my Warlock on the side while leveling my Horde Paladin but the warlock is only 104 while the Paladin is lower. I don't even know if I want to invest the time in the Paladin since the advantages of tanking without a guild fell off pretty quickly with my Alli Pali on Bronzebeard whereas everyone seems hungry for ranged dps on Hyjal, even warlocks. Just need to hit cap and get its ilvl up.

Yeah, it's something people are realising now: sure, melee dps is great atm...but do you really want most of your dps to be standing in the danger zone all the time? The answer is no, no you don't. Ranged dps is much, much safer.

thefil

Yeah, it's something people are realising now: sure, melee dps is great atm...but do you really want most of your dps to be standing in the danger zone all the time? The answer is no, no you don't. Ranged dps is much, much safer.

This has always been true, IMO. Never in my life seen anybody advertising that they need more melee DPS. It's sad, as my toons before this xpac were rogue and pally. Ranged DPS and Heals are really the high life for recruitment.

v1perz53

A lot of people complain about world quests, but I think the system actually works better and better the less you NEED to do them. I like WQs much better now that I basically do them just for the emissary chest each day, and scan the map for ones with really good rewards. Like I see one pop for 800g, sure I'll pop over to earn a ton of gold. Or running low on order hall resources? Just find a few with 500+. Oh look, mythic dungeon WQ up today, sure I'll do heroic Halls of Valor for an 840+ fire relic! WQs get old and boring when you're doing every gear one for the hope of upgrades, and every AP one to push your artifact as far as it can go, and that's also when they seem repetitive. I haven't even noticed the repetitive nature because I only do ~5-6 per day.

Top Bottom