• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Friend just linked a 890 cloak he says someone just got in a heroic of all places.

Lanrutcon

So I just realised the complete and utter beauty of mythic+ runs:

You can't kick people, cause you can't replace them afterwards.

So something sad I just found out, a cool mail set I liked using for transmog on my Hunter turned into plate! Bummer.

Guess that's what you get for not playing for three years.

Oh no, <MATURE CONTENT> have spread to Hyjal. I wish there was some sort of "Do Not Call" list for guild invite whispers, they'd be the only one on it for me.

v1perz53

So I just realised the complete and utter beauty of mythic+ runs:

You can't kick people, cause you can't replace them afterwards.

A beauty that quickly becomes a misery if, say, your tank or healer DCs mid run, especially if it was your keystone that was used. But as is with most things that prevent griefing, preventing shitty people from doing shitty things hurts normal people not doing anything wrong.

So something sad I just found out, a cool mail set I liked using for transmog on my Hunter turned into plate! Bummer.

They said during beta that they were going to try to make sure every appearance that swapped armor types was available in some other way, so you should look for alternatives. There was a whole blue post asking people to look for any item appearances no longer available after this change so they could fix it, hopefully that set you like was caught and didn't fall through the cracks.

Strimei

Yup, there were a few sets like that.

There was this great chain mail look from about mid-30s, blue, and looked terrific on my hunter.

Plate now. Damnation.

Aeana

So when you do a faction change, all of your quests reset? Meaning everything I've done is just gone?

Any faction-specific quest or questline will be reset. In terms of Legion, that means Stormheim will be wiped out, because parts of it are faction-specific. The rest will stay.

Fjordson

Speaking of that, I'm currently doing Stormheim for the second time (now as Alliance, did it first as Horde). Still love the zone visually. The increased draw distance really shines if you're somewhere high up. Same goes for Highmountain.

alife

Any faction-specific quest or questline will be reset. In terms of Legion, that means Stormheim will be wiped out, because parts of it are faction-specific. The rest will stay.

What do I have to do in order to regain the ability to use the Adventure Guide? Just finish Stormheim? I don't want to do every quest I already did all over again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
boy the ending of the priest campaign had a perfect opportunity to expose shadow priests as an uneasy but strong ally against the legion.

BUT NOPE LOLOLOL HOLY LIGHT LOL NON-CANON SPEC LOL CLASS FANTASY

Rizzi

boy the ending of the priest campaign had a perfect opportunity to expose shadow priests as an uneasy but strong ally against the legion.

BUT NOPE LOLOLOL HOLY LIGHT LOL NON-CANON SPEC LOL CLASS FANTASY

I don't know why they keep shadow spec around if they continue to harp on about the light every five seconds.
Just scrap it and replace it with a holy dps spec.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't know why they keep shadow spec around if they continue to harp on about the light every five seconds.
Just scrap it and replace it with a holy dps spec.

Affliction and Shadow should be merged into a dot based spec for a Necromancer in addition to a pet one and they should just have a holy light DPS spec

because it's clear they never want to commit to it as the class identity.

Can anybody clear something up with me in regard to cross realm zones and cross real grouping in those zones? I looked it up but the explanation I found didn't make sense or I didn't understand it correctly. I wasn't playing when this was introduced.

I play on an RP-PvP server and I have a friend on a PvE server. We grouped up the other day and he was a little annoyed that we ended up in a PvP zone. He was group leader but I was the first to load in the zone. Is there a way for us to ensure we load into a PvE zone in the future? It doesn't bother him that much but he prefers to not play in PvP zones.

Rixxan

love this fookin helm

2c36628a2ce93539c6db795bfd68ec22.jpg

Strimei

So, you can heal your withered army, apparently?

I'm running on my monk (WW) and decided to see if I could top off my Berserker. Happy to see it works!

edit: Nevermind, they revert. Boo

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
'tuning pass' on tuesday according to a blue post. the fact that there's been [ z e r o ] acknowledgements on the mage forum that arcane's 'competitive' dps is based on a completely pathological style of playing is kind of worrying me but i'll wait and see how the chips fall before i write the spec off and start pumping fire.

Magnus

Shadow Crash ought to be baseline it wouldn't exactly break the spec if it did

Remember Wrath Mind Sear?

That was a good mind sear, right?

Our AOE truly is awful. We should have Crash baseline, PLUS a talent to further enhance aoe/dot spreading somehow. It's tied to a legendary right now so it probably won't happen.

I want to start experimenting with more Crash and Spike for world questing and S2M for dungeons.

Mothman91

Friend is trying to ginvite me but he's saying it's auto declining which I can not tell. Is there a rest period where you can't accept guild invites after you gquit?

Strimei

For the hidden artifact appearances that are from the Withered training scenario, what exactly do you need to do to get it to drop?

From what I know, its still random, but you gotta hit a point threshold apparently? 400?

Someday I'll get the stone fists...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Friend is trying to ginvite me but he's saying it's auto declining which I can not tell. Is there a rest period where you can't accept guild invites after you gquit?
There is some recent protection Blizzard added that protects guildless players from being spammed with invites. No idea what the details on this are because I don't think they ever said anything about it.

Renekton

Getting kicked out or rejected from Mythic(0) PuGs, man quite the humbling fall from WoD days of easily pug-ing out a BRF AOTC at top 1-2 in heal meters.

They said during beta that they were going to try to make sure every appearance that swapped armor types was available in some other way, so you should look for alternatives. There was a whole blue post asking people to look for any item appearances no longer available after this change so they could fix it, hopefully that set you like was caught and didn't fall through the cracks.
That's good to know. When I get a chance I'll check WoWHead and see if I can find what I'm looking for.
Yup, there were a few sets like that.

There was this great chain mail look from about mid-30s, blue, and looked terrific on my hunter.

Plate now. Damnation.
I think we might be talking about the same set. It was blue and yellow and I liked it because I was working a Stormwind theemed set. I've found a decent substitute so far so I'm not that upset.

In other news, I'm getting close to level 100 but I did have a question about quests again. Can I still quest in WoD or is XP drastically cut like normal?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wow, nothing for Fury.

I really hope it's because Fury is so fucked up that they're taking extra time to fix it and not that they're not touching the spec...

Aeana

It's not negligible, they legit do quite a bit :D

"Quite a bit" for a healer is still not that much. Not that I'm really complaining. If my damage abilities don't contribute at all then I won't be pressured into DPSing, which I don't want to do while healing anyway.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Surrender to Madness gets nerfed

BUT FIRE MAGES ARE COMPLETELY UNTOUCHED. If you've ever been unsure what Blizzard's favorite class is, there you go

Babalu.

Wow, nothing for Fury.

I really hope it's because Fury is so fucked up that they're taking extra time to fix it and not that they're not touching the spec...

they're not. trust me. better luck in 7.1

i play ret.

these changes are nice but there are so many issues with the spec that could be addressed. Talent and artifcat talent changes.

But numbers buff is good too i guess.

Xeteh

Shadow Priest nerfs seem kind of weird, I know they do solid damage in raids but having just got mine to 110 it sincerely felt like my slowest leveling character.

Did they go back on the WW Monk Artifact nerf? Didn't see it mentioned. Or did it already happen?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Shadow Priest nerfs seem kind of weird, I know they do solid damage in raids but having just got mine to 110 it sincerely felt like my slowest leveling character.

Did they go back on the WW Monk Artifact nerf? Didn't see it mentioned. Or did it already happen?

You're not using S2M for leveling. S2M is the only viable talent in the 100 tree for raiding. It is now borderline useless. Our 100 talent tree is full of terrible choices of which NONE are good now.

Aeana

The strike of the windlord nerf is already in.

Also, yeah, shadow is not very fun for solo questing and stuff because of the enormous ramp up time. :/

Top Bottom