• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I REALLY don't get it. Fucking with rage generation is such a weird way to nerf Ignore Pain. I don't know why they don't just do it directly, it's not like we're overflowing with Rage as it is and when you limit it, it just means the obvious choice is to spend that rage on the most boring, overpowered, all purpose ability on your bar - Ignore Pain.

I don't even know why we still have Shield Block at this point. I barely used it as is--it got some use on purely physical bosses that had specific big hits on a timer but that's it.

Magnus

You don't need to be able to kill well in withered training. That's what your withered are there for. As long as you can interrupt and keep enemies from attacking your withered, you win. So in this case, holy nova is very helpful.

I'm honestly confused, haha. What does holy nova do that mind sear doesn't in withered training? You can't heal withered, afaik, and the DPS on holy nova couldn't possibly outpace Sear, could it?

And in terms of interrupts, what does Holy have again, chastise? Isn't that on a long cooldown? You get mind bomb and Silence on Shadow.

Also I was generally talking about WQs and not just withered training.

Sarek

My Frost artifact is light years behind but I'm really interested in it as a spec. I've grown to like Unholy I guess.

DKs are in great place right now. All three specs are very fun to play, and having played DK since WotLK unholy gameplay is the best it has ever been. And after these frost buffs it too should be able to even do competetive dps!

Xeteh

Also... Maybe I'm just not far enough in my questline (Very possible, I'm still early) but isn't there a way to teleport to your class hall for the Paladin?

My Monk has a spell to go back.

Most classes don't. I don't play my Paladin but I'd bet not. Monk, Druid and DK all kind of had a teleport before.

I assume there's a portal somewhere in Dalaran. The other classes I've played that don't have a teleport have one.

I think the Paladin one is near the Priest one... at least for Horde. I think the Paladin one is in the room behind the city portal room for Alliance.

Tarazet

Oh, I was wondering why Stormstrike was always proccing Windfury when Doom Winds was up. And the AoE was pretty bad already. At least Elemental might be solid now!

Renekton

"Quite a bit" for a healer is still not that much. Not that I'm really complaining. If my damage abilities don't contribute at all then I won't be pressured into DPSing, which I don't want to do while healing anyway.
Quite a bit for a DPSer too.

I'm guessing it's a difference maker in timed Mythic+.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Also... Maybe I'm just not far enough in my questline (Very possible, I'm still early) but isn't there a way to teleport to your class hall for the Paladin?

That's fairly unique to Monk's because their class hall is a wandering turtle. You have to go to Dalaran to port to your class hall, so it's not really a big issue.

Already answered! :)

Rokam

Any tips would be appreciated for some scrub normal running friends. We're having trouble on Il'gynoth. We're not have any trouble through the very first phase, downtime between adds, and phase 2 we get it to around 35-40%. However that 2nd "Phase 1" just destroys us. Oozes, corruptors, and very little dps getting put on the Horror. I feel like something is being overlooked. Just curious if there's some strategy we could try out. We are a little melee heavy if that makes a difference.

erawsd

Oh, I was wondering why Stormstrike was always proccing Windfury when Doom Winds was up. And the AoE was pretty bad already. At least Elemental might be solid now!

Yeah, was hoping for an AE buff for Enhancement. While the bug fix may end up being neutral on single target bosses, I'm a bit concerned about how it will impact trash damage since were pretty reliant on DW to prop us up there.

Got back into WoW after not playing for 6 years. Shadow Priest main.

Honestly thinking about canceling my sub after these changes. I don't have any alts so to level another class to 110 and having zero artifact knowledge puts me so far behind it's pointless. Even future changes are probably too far in the future or won't be enough

CtF5krUUkAEHgap.jpg:large

i'm not an amazing player so it feels gud to get to ursoc and down him tonight with my guild

Kangi

Rain of Fire cast time getting removed is a great boost to Destruction's otherwise-nonexistent burst AoE.

Channel Demonfire getting buffed makes me groan, though. Not that buffs are bad things... but this will put it substantially over Soul Conduit on single-target DPS, and dang do I hate casting Channel Demonfire. Maybe I'll get used to it.

Sarcasm

So if I want to go resto on my shaman, what is best way to level up? Elemental doesn't seem to fun. Do I just level as enh and loot choice to resto?

CHC

I don't even know why we still have Shield Block at this point. I barely used it as is--it got some use on purely physical bosses that had specific big hits on a timer but that's it.

I use it for pulls where lots of adds are physically attacking since it's just a flat reduction, and also to boost the damage of my Shield Slams.

But I don't NEED it. Aggro is a non-issue in the game today, and with the rage gen nerf Ignore Pain is just going to be a smarter use of it in most pulls. I don't anticipate having nearly as much uptime on Shield Block anymore, but we'll see.

Xeteh

So if I want to go resto on my shaman, what is best way to level up? Elemental doesn't seem to fun. Do I just level as enh and loot choice to resto?

Most of your loot will be Agi or Int depending on your current spec regardless... only real worries are trinkets and relics. Enhancement is your best bet for leveling quickly, I don't think your loot choice will really give you much either way while leveling.

Aeana

It occurred to me that some Blizzard employees are probably getting harassed (and maybe even death threats) on social media right now because of these changes. So I checked Twitter for some of them, and sure enough.

Just so embarrassed to be a part of these sorts of communities.

thefil

Any tips would be appreciated for some scrub normal running friends. We're having trouble on Il'gynoth. We're not have any trouble through the very first phase, downtime between adds, and phase 2 we get it to around 35-40%. However that 2nd "Phase 1" just destroys us. Oozes, corruptors, and very little dps getting put on the Horror. I feel like something is being overlooked. Just curious if there's some strategy we could try out. We are a little melee heavy if that makes a difference.

I'm in the same place mate. Good luck!

Xeteh

It occurred to me that some Blizzard employees are probably getting harassed (and maybe even death threats) on social media right now because of these changes. So I checked Twitter for some of them, and sure enough.

It'd be pretty awesome if they could figure out their battle.net account from their twitter account and just lock it.

So yeah..I don't know how to play my shaman anymore. He is level 100 though at least >.<

None of the specs are too bad to play, it didn't take me long to get the hang of it after not having touched mine since Cataclysm. The Icy-Veins guides are really helpful too.

Yeah, it's called the Dalaran Hearthstone. Then go to your faction hub in Dalaran and use the portal there.

v1perz53

So I finally got a legendary on my Guardian Druid!.. And its the one that increases damage by 30% on mobs over 90% HP... Oh well an 895 piece is an 895 piece, though as a tank it would be nice if my legendary had even a tiny fraction of defensive benefit. Guess it will be cool on stuff like Odyn.

cdyhybrid

Nothing new, unfortunately.

Ele Shamans are not among them. Clearly of a higher order of WoW player.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
But one thing that people were very worried about is say you are playing a frost mage and you put everything you have into your frost mage artifact weapon. And then suddenly there is a change on Blizzard's side because frost mages were ridiculously overpowered. A lot of people would be like "Oh I feel like I might be cheated." Is there going to be some way like in old vanilla like draining your artifact power out of a weapon and put it into another one?

There isn't going to be any system like that currently, implemented, or planned. But I think we feel a sense of responsibility when it comes to our class changes because of that reality. Especially during those first, that period of the first couple of months where people really have picked the one artifact that is their primary artifact and they have invested most of their effort into. So hypothetically speaking let's say frost mage is 10% too good and better than fire and arcane by 10%. In a normal world, in the middle of Warlords we might have have looked at that and said well let's bring frost mage down by 10% so they're roughly equal to the other specs. And practice there is some fuzzy error and oops we overshot a little and it turns out now that fire mage is the best spec. We would consciously avoid doing that. We would, let's say, nerf them only 5% instead of 10%, trying to make sure that the person who spent weeks of artifact power on their frost mage weapon doesn't feel regret and doesn't feel like if they could go back in time they would make a different decision because we recognize that is setting people up for a very negative feeling.
Was this not what Blizzard were saying just a few weeks ago? Help me understand...

Mothman91

I've seen people joke about doing WQs in healing specs, but they're just jokes, right? Holy can't actually kill anywhere near as fast as shadow, right?

I can kill several mobs at a time with shadow, not a a huge problem. Yeah I'm using things like mindbomb or Mindbender/Fade, but that's playing the class.

How does holy do better?

Well, I never liked the gated DPS form so I slowly switched to holy. As for why is holy better, I think it's the whole spam holy nova and can use the big heal to top yourself off at an instant.

It really is disgusting.

I don't understand how Blizzard can be so fucking awful at balancing. They've been doing this shit for a decade, and they still don't know how to not nerf the shit out of classes. There's rarely simple nerfs. Class is doing well? Crush it, except for that spec or two. There's zero consistency and zero logic. This constant ping pong of nerfs is really starting to erode my will to play. I just switched to Arms a few days ago from Fury and then boom.

They can't do this shit when we have to invest so much into artifacts and yet here we are

Sarek

And this is after patch notes that were 95% buffs to various specs.

Xeteh

Man, I bought the Mana shoulder enchant because people said it made farming Ancient Mana a joke... 6 of the last 8 I've gotten have had zero mana.

v1perz53

So I have a question (that I don't think anyone could possibly know the answer to). The order hall weekly gear chest is based on the highest mythic+ you've completed that week. But how is it calculated? Is it just based on the highest keystone that you used and completed? Or based on your highest upgraded -1? For example, if you did HoV+2 and your stone upgraded to +5, would your chest count as +2 or +4? I hope it is the latter, as otherwise it kind of leads to odd situations. For example, we had time to do ~3 runs this week (I have a wedding to go to tomorrow and sunday), so we did 3 different +2 keystones, so that we could get 3 chests from each and max possible loot. Does that mean we get a worse order hall chest, and that we would've been better off going slightly slower on one run, upgrading it to +3, then doing a fast +3 run with 2 chests? Just a little confused as to how the system counts a dungeon done quickly in terms of the order hall chest. I'm pretty sure we're gonna end up with max +2 loot from it, which kind of sucks, as none of us really want to try +5s just yet, but we can definitely do +2 (because of no affixes at +2) fast enough to go straight to +5.

Rizzi

Back to not being able to find a mythic group.
Also I have no idea what my keystone is because the tooltip bugged up out wont let me see it. :/

erawsd

So I have a question (that I don't think anyone could possibly know the answer to). The order hall weekly gear chest is based on the highest mythic+ you've completed that week. But how is it calculated? Is it just based on the highest keystone that you used and completed? Or based on your highest upgraded -1? For example, if you did HoV+2 and your stone upgraded to +5, would your chest count as +2 or +4? I hope it is the latter, as otherwise it kind of leads to odd situations. For example, we had time to do ~3 runs this week (I have a wedding to go to tomorrow and sunday), so we did 3 different +2 keystones, so that we could get 3 chests from each and max possible loot. Does that mean we get a worse order hall chest, and that we would've been better off going slightly slower on one run, upgrading it to +3, then doing a fast +3 run with 2 chests? Just a little confused as to how the system counts a dungeon done quickly in terms of the order hall chest. I'm pretty sure we're gonna end up with max +2 loot from it, which kind of sucks, as none of us really want to try +5s just yet, but we can definitely do +2 (because of no affixes at +2) fast enough to go straight to +5.

It would count as +4. Beating the timer fast enough to get multiple upgrades treats it as if you actually completed the other runs as well, that is why you got the extra chest at the end of the run, thats the loot you would have gotten if you did the +3 mythic.

scy

Is this still happening? I couldn't add anybody by name-server.

I'll go ahead and throw it here then, Rindh-Bonechewer or scy#1745 for NA Horde. See if we can get together at least some Mythic / Mythic+ things this week and try and get a more stable setup for the weeks to come.

Edit: And this applies to anyone else NA Horde side just looking for someone to add.

Chris R

So I'm having a strange issue on my desktop. First time really playing on it tonight and I'm getting CRAZY hangs when I'm going to new areas. Once it's hung for ~15 seconds it will be fine, just really strange to see it do that when everything else is fine.

I'm running CHKDSK and Defragging to be sure the disk isn't dying since I do see usage spike to 100% when I tab out to try and diagnose the hangs.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I'm back to WoW after not playing since Cata and after not really playing since WotLK (I didn't even hit level cap in Cata - only played ~2 weeks).

It's amazing how much better Blizzard seems to understand the importance of re-onboarding lapsed players like me. When I came back before I didn't know where I was, my skills were COMPLETELY different (Warlock), my bags were full of trash, I had 4 skill bars full of confusing icons, and I had reset skill trees to deal with. It took literally hours to get back on track.

But with Legion little stuff like clearing my bags and emailing me the loot, resetting my skill bars, and clearing my quest log really make a big difference. It's a little "presumptuous" to dump all the quests a Toon had and whatnot, but it's a safe presumption to make when someone hasn't logged on in years - just start them fresh and throw them directly into Legion. It's the right call for Blizz to make and I can't even imagine the complexity of the task from Blizzard's perspective.

It doesn't hurt that we're back in Dalaran in Lich King is the only era I played hardcore enough to Raid, etc.

Still, even with all that hand-holding to get my main into Legion, I've opted to roll a new character instead. I figured I haven't seen the redesigned Vanilla zones, half the new Cata zones, or any of the new MoP/Draenor zones. So I'm kinda chilling out questing with a level 58 Priest named Book (I squatted on the name 7 years ago). Questing as Disc and running each 5-man Dungeon once as Holy.

It's a good time.

Top Bottom