• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
It is impossible for me to not get mad at Blizzard while they tune stuff. Like the balance is terrible but I don't have to think about it that much, but when I start to see the changes they make they start to get so dumb that it makes me want to quit the game.
Arms
Exploit the Weakness (Artifact Trait) bonus reduced to 3% per point.
So we go from 30% total to 9% total. To kneecap a spec that was underperforming with all talent builds not related to the talent they are heavily nerfing, and to change the spec in the most frustrating way possible.

Zero help for many of the lousy specs. Guess Fury players did not throw a big enough tantrum for Blizzard to care.

Even what is being nerfed is so unfair. Certain single target high preforming specs brought down but others untouched. Certain AoE craziness toned down but stuff like Windwalker goes untouched. Yeah...okay...

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Hahahahahahaha

they actually nerfed arms to the ground, left fury on the ground, and then buffed everything else by 10-20%

what a fucking trash class warriors are now good shit

i think i'm honestly done with this expac, i'll come back in a couple months when I have a playable spec

So we go from 30% total to 9% total. To kneecap a spec that was underperforming with all talent builds not related to the talent they are heavily nerfing, and to change the spec in the most frustrating way possible.

Zero help for many of the lousy specs. Guess Fury players did not throw a big enough tantrum for Blizzard to care.

Even what is being nerfed is so unfair. Certain single target high preforming specs brought down but others untouched. Certain AoE craziness toned down but stuff like Windwalker goes untouched. Yeah...okay...

Most people got 3 Exploit relics so it's more like 60% ---> 18%. So Arms' damage got butchered and the RNG is crazier than ever with less overall tactician procs leaving you in a lot of dead auto attack periods. Warriors are fucking terrible when these changes go live.

Aeana

It is impossible for me to not get mad at Blizzard while they tune stuff. Like the balance is terrible but I don't have to think about it that much, but when I start to see the changes they make they start to get so dumb that it makes me want to quit the game.

Windwalker hasn't gone untouched considering the strike of the windlord nerf.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why would they nerf arms? We were fine! We were doing fine!

First protection and now arms? It's like they just want to delete the class.

Xeteh

You're not using S2M for leveling. S2M is the only viable talent in the 100 tree for raiding. It is now borderline useless. Our 100 talent tree is full of terrible choices of which NONE are good now.

The strike of the windlord nerf is already in.

Also, yeah, shadow is not very fun for solo questing and stuff because of the enormous ramp up time. :/

Depressing. Shadow Priest was my favorite spec in Wrath/Cataclysm... I wasn't really digging it when 7.0 came out but I was having fun with it aside from the slow speed but the one dungeon I did as Shadow was awful. I couldn't get shit done. Not sure how much I'll play the Priest in this case.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
JtMGrST.png

Is there still hope?

dimb

Windwalker hasn't gone untouched considering the strike of the windlord nerf.
The numbers bear that this change did not matter at all, and Windwalker is #1 on fights like Cenarius. Compared to the more comprehensive damage nerfs, or the single target nerfs other AoE overachievers saw, Windwalker did not see any substantial changes.

Einchy

Has this been the worst xpack in terms of class tuning? I really don't ever remember everything going live in these fucked up states.

Mothman91

Hey, holy had better aoe than shadow.

I know, I fucking did withered training finally the past few times by actually staying in my heal spec, then I realized I should just say fuck shadow and world quest as holy because I can actually kill a few mobs at a time without trying to blow all my cds as shadow.

Aeana

The numbers bear that this change did not matter at all, and Windwalker is #1 on fights like Cenarius. Compared to the more comprehensive damage nerfs, or the single target nerfs other AoE overachievers saw, Windwalker did not see any substantial changes.

I don't raid with windwalker, but it definitely affects soloing. :/
The other thing is that windwalker single target damage is middle of the pack for the most part. It creeps up when there's a lot of mobility involved, though, due to the class's wonderful movement options. It should be okay for some classes and specs to do better than others on some fights, though. Each plays differently, each has different strengths. When a spec consistently lags behind in all encounters, that is definitely a problem, but one spec doing well on one type of fight doesn't strike me as a major issue.

Sarcasm

So far:

Updates:

• Added new people
  • This Saturday I will not be available (Magic The Gathering prerelease). However, I can still help scheduling.
  • Are people opposed to Discord for organizing people into one chatroom?

SATURDAY - HORDE NA
  • Ashodin -- Ramos-Dalaran (Ret Paladin)
  • Sarcasm -- ?? (Guardian Druid)
  • Bizazedo -- Bizazedo-Thunderhorn (Arms Warrior)
  • Scy -- DHDKTank/RestoDruidHealer/HunterMonkDPS
  • Aeana -- Priphea-Proudmoore (Mistweaver Monk)
  • phoenix296 -- Rehark-Tichondrius (Holy Paladin)
  • ThinFinn -- Emmá-Bonechewer (MM Hunter)

POTENTIALS - If Schedule Permits
  • Metroidvania -- ?? (Ret or Prot Paladin)
  • BolognaOni -- Logicalshift-Stormreaver (Resto/Balance Druid)

Current List of T/D/H

TANKS
  • Metroidvania
  • Sarcasm
  • Scy

DPS
  • Ashodin
  • Bizazedo
  • Scy*
  • Metroidvania*
  • ThinFinn

Healers
  • Scy*
  • Aeana
  • phoenix296

Currently looking at Saturdays at 9 or 10 PM EASTERN. Is that good for any involved? Later? Earlier?

Please give Name-Server so players can be whispered on the servers/added to friends to make setup easier. Ideally we'll exchange members as needed who can play at that time - or we can swap out members for various runs. I don't mind sitting out on various runs so others can get in for the week - however I will ask that we prioritize mythics toward alternate Artifact skins. I'd like to see GAF each get their third skin!

-----------------------------------------------

MONDAY - THURSDAY? (SUNDAY?) - ALLIANCE NA
  • Sain Drevia -- Sain-Lothar (Sin Rogue, DPS)

-----------------------------------------------

I need a side here bro. NA or EU? Horde or Alliance?

Is this still happening? I couldn't add anybody by name-server.

You're kidding, right? The SotW nerf was a substantial change. Not for single target but certainly for AOE - I'm definitely feeling the nerf in my mythic/mythic+ dungeon runs. WW is ahead right now on certain fights but it won't be for long as classes catch up with unlocking their artifacts traits. We won't scale well as a lot of our good abilities are unlocked early on and there's lots of trash abilities later.

Elemental shamans are basically exactly what was needed. Only gripe is that Primal Elementalist is still going to be the obviously superior talent within its tier. Icefury buffs pl0x

Einchy

No let's continue to overreact and quit the game

How is it a overreaction when people, myself included, were being sate for playing Fury? It's a perfectly valid reaction to be upset with how bad Fury is and how it was affecting people in-game.

Xeteh

The other thing is that windwalker single target damage is middle of the pack for the most part. It creeps up when there's a lot of mobility involved, though, due to the class's wonderful movement options. It should be okay for some classes and specs to do better than others on some fights, though. Each plays differently, each has different strengths. When a spec consistently lags behind in all encounters, that is definitely a problem, but one spec doing well on one type of fight doesn't strike me as a major issue.

Especially for how much you have to do for the damage you get as Windwalker. I'm still not entirely sure why Energy is a thing on WW.

dimb

I mean...in what sense though? You can't press one button and have an entire group of mobs in the world die. Having played every class past 100 at least a little Windwalker is still probably the strongest solo class I've tried. Losing one AoE option when you have a handful of others is meaningless. Windwalker is top four for single target tests like Ursoc, top two or three now with other stuff getting nerfed. This is not a game of strengths and weaknesses. This is a game where some specs tower over others and Blizzard just laughs about it and makes things worse.

In the past there was more flexibility to adjust course once nerfs came in, but now Icertain crucial artifact talents are seeing 70% nerfs and there is no system in place to reallocate artifact power. Really superb system and choices. I'm like legit fuming about Blizzard's lies.

CHC

Uggggh that Prot warrior rage generation nerf sucks. I don't usually feel like I have tons of extra and this makes things much worse. Lame.

Strimei

I've not really had much of a problem soloing on my WW monk, though. I do notice that things don't die quite as hard with Strike of the Wind Lord, but as much as I liked its pre-nerf form, even I thought it was a bit ridiculous being essentially Two Punch Monk.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Uggggh that Prot warrior rage generation nerf sucks. I don't usually feel like I have tons of extra and this makes things much worse. Lame.

They nerfed rage generation too?!?! What the flying fuck is wrong with them? If anything we could use a little more.

Aeana

I've not really had much of a problem soloing on my WW monk, though. I do notice that things don't die quite as hard with Strike of the Wind Lord, but as much as I liked its pre-nerf form, even I thought it was a bit ridiculous being essentially Two Punch Monk.

No, the nerf was absolutely warranted. Just saying that the change is noticeable.

They nerfed rage generation too?!?! What the flying fuck is wrong with them? If anything we could use a little more.

I assume this is their way of nerfing ignore pain as they mentioned earlier today.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No, the nerf was absolutely warranted. Just saying that the change is noticeable.

I assume this is their way of nerfing ignore pain as they mentioned earlier today.

They could have just adjusted the numbers and added a 4 second cooldown or something.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Happy with what they have coming down the pipe for Ele Shaman. I mean, they really have no other way to fix them but to buff LB and LvB damage.

Mupod

My Frost artifact is light years behind but I'm really interested in it as a spec. I've grown to like Unholy I guess.

Is this still happening? I couldn't add anybody by name-server.

I asked to be added to it a while back, but my battle.net tag is in my profile. 849 Blood/Unholy DK. Would prefer to tank but I'd be DPS in any actual raid so practice there would be good too.

I haven't been able to pug anything because I get dragged into mythic+ every night. On the upside I've gotten a ton of upgrades from there, not huge jumps in ilvl but much better stats.

Megasoum

Banned
So huh... I don't have an heartstone anymore... Aren't you supposed to get a new one when you set a new home?

I found the dude in the camp but the option was just "Bind to this place"or whatever it was called and I still don't have the stone.

CHC

I wish they would have done that directly. This just makes Focused Rage and Shield Block less attractive options and will probably just result in MORE spamming of Ignore Pain in light of a more varied and interesting rotation.

Xeteh

So huh... I don't have an heartstone anymore... Aren't you supposed to get a new one when you set a new home?

I found the dude in the camp but the option was just "Bind to this place"or whatever it was called and I still don't have the stone.

Did you accidentally bank it?

Magnus

I know, I fucking did withered training finally the past few times by actually staying in my heal spec, then I realized I should just say fuck shadow and world quest as holy because I can actually kill a few mobs at a time without trying to blow all my cds as shadow.

I've seen people joke about doing WQs in healing specs, but they're just jokes, right? Holy can't actually kill anywhere near as fast as shadow, right?

I can kill several mobs at a time with shadow, not a a huge problem. Yeah I'm using things like mindbomb or Mindbender/Fade, but that's playing the class.

How does holy do better?

Aeana

I've seen people joke about doing WQs in healing specs, but they're just jokes, right? Holy can't actually kill anywhere near as fast as shadow, right?

I can kill several mobs at a time with shadow, not a a huge problem. Yeah I'm using things like mindbomb or Mindbender/Fade, but that's playing the class.

How does holy do better?

You don't need to be able to kill well in withered training. That's what your withered are there for. As long as you can interrupt and keep enemies from attacking your withered, you win. So in this case, holy nova is very helpful.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I wish they would have done that directly. This just makes Focused Rage and Shield Block less attractive options and will probably just result in MORE spamming of Ignore Pain in light of a more varied and interesting rotation.

Yup. Ignore Pain needed a nerf, yes, but Shield Block also needed a buff. Instead they nerfed rage generation.

CHC

Oh and also this for Arms:

"Exploit the Weakness (Artifact Trait) bonus reduced to 3% per point."

I REGULARLY get full Colussus Smash cooldowns without a Tactician Proc as it is....

WTF guys?

CHC

Yup. Ignore Pain needed a nerf, yes, but Shield Block also needed a buff. Instead they nerfed rage generation.

I REALLY don't get it. Fucking with rage generation is such a weird way to nerf Ignore Pain. I don't know why they don't just do it directly, it's not like we're overflowing with Rage as it is and when you limit it, it just means the obvious choice is to spend that rage on the most boring, overpowered, all purpose ability on your bar - Ignore Pain.

Megasoum

Banned
Also... Maybe I'm just not far enough in my questline (Very possible, I'm still early) but isn't there a way to teleport to your class hall for the Paladin?

My Monk has a spell to go back.

Top Bottom