• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Maledict

Man, I bought the Mana shoulder enchant because people said it made farming Ancient Mana a joke... 6 of the last 8 I've gotten have had zero mana.

It doesn't make mobs drop mana (you need the Leyline quests to increase that). It makes mobs very occasionally drop a mana pack, which usually contains some potions and either a big chunk of mana or some enchanting crafting materials.

Lanrutcon

So, patch note discussion!

1. It's so brutally obvious that Blizzard were still finalising content during beta and didn't do shit for balancing then. That, or they're absolutely 100% worse at math than their community.

2. The changes are mostly flailing in the wind to see what sticks. For example, they're delusional if they think the flat buffs to Affliction will make it competitive with Fire, for example.

3. Speaking of which, notice the lack of Fire Mage notes. The bias continues. I bet there's a poster in the HR office of Blizzard that reads "If at least one Mage spec isn't fucking stupidly good every xpac, someone gets fired".

4. I called it in beta: here we have a fuckton of major changes...and no artifact power refund. This is the most main unfriendly expansion yet.

5. Absolutely no indication that they're looking at mobility problems. Blizzard have just put their heads in the sand on the matter, and kept creating raid/dungeon content with high mobility requirements.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Quick glance at the classes I play or could potentially play (like my Lock who is 110 now)

BM Hunter - 5% dmg buff to bestial wrath? Better than a kick in the crotch I guess

Monk - no real changes appart from that spinning kick nerf, I barely use it anyway and my main spec is healer

Destro/Demo lock - whoa nelly

Sölf

I don't care what you guys think. I only saw this:

Remorseless Winter damage increased by 50%.
Obliterate damage increased by 19%.
Frost Strike damage increased by 12%.
Howling Blast damage increased by 10%.
Frostscythe (Talent) damage increased by 13%.
Frozen Pulse (Talent) damage increased by 11%.
Breath of Sindragosa (Talent) damage increased by 17%.

qmFzIf9.gif

vocab

Monk - no real changes appart from that spinning kick nerf, I barely use it anyway and my main spec is healer
The SCK nerf is MW only because it cost no chi. Super powerful in EMN.

The numbers bear that this change did not matter at all, and Windwalker is #1 on fights like Cenarius. Compared to the more comprehensive damage nerfs, or the single target nerfs other AoE overachievers saw, Windwalker did not see any substantial changes.

SCK is WW's secret aoe. it just requires effort. Oh wisps are up? time to pad. Me and a friend were top 2 on our heroic cenarius. Both ww.

At least Elemental might be solid now!

Nah. The same thing happened in WoD. It's a bandaid to a greater problem that elemental faces. Granted the clunk is gone, but honestly the spec just needs a rework. 5 percent increase on lava burst is so laughable.

Xeteh

It doesn't make mobs drop mana (you need the Leyline quests to increase that). It makes mobs very occasionally drop a mana pack, which usually contains some potions and either a big chunk of mana or some enchanting crafting materials.

Yeah I know, when I said the last 6-8 I meant mana-tinged packs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
when will these changes take place anyway? it says hotfixes but they dont seem live? I checked Besial Wrath and its still 20% dmg not 25%

So the fix to SV is to increase the damage of Flanking strike. GG

thats a big fucking buff tho :p And I thought SV hunters were already competitive? Wasnt someone saying that or showing charts with them high or something?

If I'm looking at the upside: Pretty nice Retribution buffs, considering Ret wasn't as bad as some of the specs getting similar buffs. I might actually play some Ret now (Prot is my main spec)

Demon Hunters getting completely shafted on some stuff though, holy shit. Glaive Throw just got fucking annihilated. Guess what my artifact progression path prioritized above all else? feels bad man

Sölf

I think them buffing skills by 50+% is a pretty good indication of how much effort was put in balancing pre-release.

Yeah, I kn ow what you mean. It also basically increased the damage of each and every single ability except Frost Fever. That just doesn't look good at all.

vocab

And I thought SV hunters were already competitive? Wasnt someone saying that or showing charts with them high or something?

Anyone who wants to play melee anit gonna play a hunter for survival. The people who play hunters as mains dont want to melee.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sölf;217939100 said:
Hm, okay? They wrote in their balance thingy that these would go live with the weekly maintenance next week. Maybe only a few things?
Some of the hotfixes below take effect the moment they were implemented, while others may require scheduled realm restarts to go into effect.
This is an implemented hotfix, pieces of which need server restarts to take effect.

Sölf

This is an implemented hotfix, pieces of which need server restarts to take effect.

Where did you get this? Because I only saw this line:

All of these class changes will be applied during the next scheduled weekly maintenance period in each region. Note that there are also a number of PvP-specific changes, which are noted separately below.

Xeteh

Rehgar is going to be like a million levels higher than any other companion of mine on my Shaman. The ghost wolf speed thing is too good to pass up.

Rhaknar

Anyone who wants to play melee anit gonna play a hunter for survival. The people who play hunters as mains dont want to melee.

as someone who plays hunter, I can confirm this :3

also looking at the Lock buffs, happy for destro, but Demo needs fundamental mechanical changes not just dmg buffs. The spec FEELS off, its not just the dmg.

In my opinion of course

vocab

also looking at the Lock buffs, happy for destro, but Demo needs fundamental mechanical changes not just dmg buffs. The spec FEELS off, its not just the dmg.

In my opinion of course

Ya youre not wrong. Mop demo was something I liked. This buffing of pets shit anit for me.

Lanrutcon

Warlock buffs and my firemage wasn't nerfed, nice.

How does affli compare to destro now?

Nothing in those logs fixes Affliction's lack of burst and reliance on ramp up. Affliction will be better in raids, but still crappy in dungeons.

Edit: I realise that didn't really answer your question.

Affliction will do better in raids, but still be terrible in dungeons. At high mythic+ levels, Affliction will even out due to fight length increasing. Affliction is our top performer in raid fights with heavy movement. Spec soul effigy.
Destro is our cleave spec, so any time you can reliably cleave you'll beat the other 2 specs without a doubt. Destro is our least movement friendly spec. Destro performs well in dungeons due to havoc abuse. Spec havoc.
The two specs will both perform exactly as they have, maintaining their strengths and weaknesses, but with higher numbers.

Demo has the shittiest rotation in the game currently and fuck knows how it performs now because anyone who actually plays demo hates themselves.

Zelias

Banned
Frost DK buffs look nice but will reserve judgement until I see them in action. I think the gameplay is spot-on though so just needs numbers to be higher.

zeemumu

Hunter is 843 and lock is 840. My dk just hit 110 yesterday

Does that frost gold trait really allow you to summon sindragosa or does frost randomly rain from the sky?

Sölf

Hunter is 843 and lock is 840. My dk just hit 110 yesterday

Does that frost gold trait really allow you to summon sindragosa or does frost randomly rain from the sky?

It's a cone attack in front of you that summons a Sindragosa look alike Frost Wyrm. And she breathes frost. It looks really cool.

Zelias

Banned
Sölf;217941608 said:
It's a cone attack in front of you that summons a Sindragosa look alike Frost Wyrm. And she breathes frost. It looks really cool.
And it hits like a truck. Shame about that 5 minute cooldown though!

Great for old raids where the cd resets after boss fights, mind.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh fuck. Rage generation nerfs for prot warriors, no thank you.

Yeah, that was a terrible way of nerfing prot.

Have they even played the spec? You're pretty much rage starve nonstop unless the boss is doing a mechanic where it won't hurt you.

Nere

Anyone has a bad feeling that when Nighthold is going to be released blizzard will just slap a 7.2 with it and call it a day? The fact that it will release early 2017 makes me believe that blizzard will not treat it as part of 7.0.

Wunder

Anyone has a bad feeling that when Nighthold is going to be released blizzard will just slap a 7.2 with it and call it a day? The fact that it will release early 2017 makes me believe that blizzard will not treat it as part of 7.0.

They might call it 7.2 but I'd expect a chunky bit of content alongside it. I don't think people would let it slide if they just try and dress up Nighthold as newly developed content since it's obvious it is close to finished.

Tacitus_

Karazhan is already titled 7.1 so it will be 7.2 at least.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ever since my Windows 10 updated a few days ago, it seems my game locks at 30 FPS sometimes for no reason... anyone else have this issue? Maybe just a video driver update needed maybe?

erawsd

Unless theyre going to release a bunch of additional content with it theres no reason to have a patch 7.2 for stuff that is already finished and in the game files.

Mupod

I wouldn't trust the numbers on their balancing until it actually goes live. They already proved with tanks that 10% can mean 40%.

The Demon Hunter crying from people who obviously only picked it as a FOTM class is pretty great though.

KLoWn

daily engineering cooldown. scales with your skill level as well. From what I recall you can get up to 20 a day just from your cooldown once you are 700.
Yeah I'm doing that. I was hoping that I would be able to buy 'em now that WoD content is old. I need a 100 of 'em
Argh.png

Top Bottom