• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

M.D

You can't transmog a Worgen with any helmet because of that ugly hair that goes out the back.

I wish you could could transform to a human at all times

Apathy

The barrage nerf is stupid as fuck. No one anywhere is going "man those hunters are op, they need a nerf". The numbers from loss get skewed because of the tree boss because an aoe ability performs well against a fight that has multiple waves of aoe that line up well with it and hunters get a nerf too their single target because of it. Just ridiculous.

Rizzi

I healed mythic eye of azshara +2 a few times. Was pretty fun. Made it with more than ten minutes left on the second run.
Didn't get anything besides a bunch of AP items though. :x

M.D

Are dungeons bugged or something? I did a dungeon earlier and was suddenly kicked out and had the debuff that said I left and I couldn't que for 30 minutes, now I'm doing one and in the middle of a boss fight I'm suddenly kicked out but don't have the debuff

Mupod

I healed mythic eye of azshara +2 a few times. Was pretty fun. Made it with more than ten minutes left on the second run.
Didn't get anything besides a bunch of AP items though. :x

Some instances are dramatically harder as you ramp up mythic+ than others. Eye +2 is definitely the easiest we've done with no particular problem pulls. The AP items add up pretty nicely over time but yeah I mostly got those last night. Our loot haul is usually about 3-4 items out of a dual chest run for the group - thankfully personal loot is shareable so I've gotten some steady upgrades.

Neltharion's Lair was our first two-chest run at Mythic 4 and we did it twice. The bosses hit like wet noodles and there's only a few nasty pulls (the little spiders buff the Tectus guys with Bolstering). For the most part it's not hard, and the main thing slowing us down was Bolstering preventing chain pulls.

On the other hand Court of Stars' final boss is a joke on regular mythic but he's a tough DPS race once he's been leveled up. The imp trash in there is vicious as well.

Curious to see how the other modifiers change things up. Bolstering definitely ended up being nastier than expected. Also the hotfix will have some decent buffs for our group as we run a BM hunter and ret paladin.

Auctopus

I don't know whether the game scales differently when you hit 110 but Highmountain seems to have some really awkward, difficult fights.

idlewild_

The barrage nerf is stupid as fuck. No one anywhere is going "man those hunters are op, they need a nerf". The numbers from loss get skewed because of the tree boss because an aoe ability performs well against a fight that has multiple waves of aoe that line up well with it and hunters get a nerf too their single target because of it. Just ridiculous.

They hotfixed windburst earlier in the week, so single target should be roughly the same. Our spread aoe was out of line and really did need to be toned down a bit.

arimanius

I want to apologize to the rest of the DH community for getting them nerfed into the ground. Every class I play gets nerfed hard. For example my main was a monk last expansion.

For the record the AOE nerf was greatly needed. I just don't understand the single target nerfs. Maybe our third spec will get buffed...... oh. :(

Magnus

The across-the-board buffs to all warlock specs is hilarious. Like, how'd they get some of this balance so wrong?

Also, am I the only one not panicking like CRAZY about how long it'll take to catch up for those who want to reroll specs or alts in the face of any changes? The catch-up mechanics are real. We're like 3 weeks in. I'm not sweating it.

CHC

Man, revisiting it for a transmog run I really have to say that I think Dragon Souls is easily the worst raid in the entire game. It's so unstructured and bland feeling, not to mention it is set in a major location from the previous expansion. Mix in some Thrall-jerking while we play second banana to him doing literally everything of value.... it's just so bad. I mean, I didn't really raid much at the time but I can't even imagine what it would have been like to run that every single week for nearly a year. I was doing that for ICC but... ICC was actually good.

I totally understand why the raids in Cataclysm were not that spectacular - they did a TON of work to remake Azeroth, but still, when something is nearly unbearable to quickly solo, that's a problem!

erawsd

The across-the-board buffs to all warlock specs is hilarious. Like, how'd they get some of this balance so wrong?

Also, am I the only one not panicking like CRAZY about how long it'll take to catch up for those who want to reroll specs or alts in the face of any changes? The catch-up mechanics are real. We're like 3 weeks in. I'm not sweating it.

Well, its the largest class overhaul theyve ever done so its not completely insane, though I do think theyve waited too long to start focusing on tuning. Plus in the past they would have buffed one of those warlock specs and called it a day. With a artifacts they are kinda forced to put some work into every spec, which is not how things have ever really worked in the past.

My advice to those people would be to stick it out for a bit and 1) See just how impactful these nerfs actually are. 2) If they are overboard lets see what Blizzards response.

Lain

I realize I've only been posting about the brewfest ram racing (which is useless and pointless), but it's the only thing I'm doing and today I managed 21 laps on my ally druid, which is progress from 20 right?!
Now I wonder if, with enough seconds shaved, I could do 22 laps.

ampere

I do not care. A tiny part of me dies every time I open a cache and get some 820 piece of shit. Making Legendaries pure RNG is such a stupid decision.

Fair enough, just figured it was worth pointing out. I totally agree with the bolded

It occurred to me that some Blizzard employees are probably getting harassed (and maybe even death threats) on social media right now because of these changes. So I checked Twitter for some of them, and sure enough.

Just so embarrassed to be a part of these sorts of communities.

Yeah I don't understand why more players can't just give criticism without threats... like you can even whine a lot, but threatening is always wrong

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/sargeras/Millennia/advanced

Progress is in 3 days and I don't think my character will look too much different than this outside of a race change so here we go I suppose

What's the highest Mythic+ you guys have cleared? We did a HoV 5 yesterday and it was rough, I can't even imagine 7 with the current NA bolstering/skittish

Milennia

Fair enough, just figured it was worth pointing out. I totally agree with the bolded

Yeah I don't understand why more players can't just give criticism without threats... like you can even whine a lot, but threatening is always wrong

What's the highest Mythic+ you guys have cleared? We did a HoV 5 yesterday and it was rough, I can't even imagine 7 with the current NA bolstering/skittish

Doing our 10 tonight

Tenebrous

Cleared +7 MoS within the timer with a WW monk that didn't calm down, a Rogue that didn't use TotT enough, and a mage that did less DPS than me (Warrior tank).

Was very fun. I knew this would be great.

Megasoum

Banned
I wish there was a way to have a unified Character Selection Screen. Like your favorite characters from multiple servers all showing up on the same screen.

StMeph

I'm up for some Horde-GAF Mythics if people are still running them this afternoon/evening or tomorrow. 847 Unholy DK; 8/10 Mythics complete, still need 1k rep to unlock The Arcway and Court of Stars, should have that by this weekend.

Bnet: vambora021#1164

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Check to see if your monitor is locked to 30hz in-game or in the Windows settings.

My monitor only have 50 & 60hz options, both ingame and Windows. But yeah... going back and forth between both options ingame fix the issue temporarily.

Quick question : I want to lvl an alt... should i go with my Jewelcrafter or Enchanter?

My monitor only have 50 & 60hz options, both ingame and Windows. But yeah... going back and forth between both options ingame fix the issue temporarily.

Quick question : I want to lvl an alt... should i go with my Jewelcrafter or Enchanter?

I can't speak to enchanting but I think Jewelcrafting is really crappy. The class-specific necklaces are junk, for the most part, and incredibly expensive to make, let alone make worth using with 7 obliterum. On the other hand, you can cut your own gems, but unless you're also a miner, I'd say don't bother.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I can't speak to enchanting but I think Jewelcrafting is really crappy. The class-specific necklaces are junk, for the most part, and incredibly expensive to make, let alone make worth using with 7 obliterum. On the other hand, you can cut your own gems, but unless you're also a miner, I'd say don't bother.

I only want to lvl these alts to provide enchants and gems for my other characters. Don't really care about the high lvl stuff :p But yeah, my JC alt got mining.

CHC

From my experience alt-tabbing would sometimes (50% of the time) cause the game to be locked to 30 FPS when I came back in. One fix was repeatedly alt-tabbing until the 60 FPS "version" happened again, but this is tedious.

Better fix for me was to run borderless fullscreen - no issues since I switched to that.

CHC

You could also just disable the 30 FPS background mode in the options.

Ahhhh that's probably what caused it in the first place. Didn't know that was even an option, it's obviously getting stuck on that mode when I come back in for whatever reason.

Are dungeons bugged or something? I did a dungeon earlier and was suddenly kicked out and had the debuff that said I left and I couldn't que for 30 minutes, now I'm doing one and in the middle of a boss fight I'm suddenly kicked out but don't have the debuff

This happened to me as well earlier this morning. The whole group got the boot when we were fighting the last boss.

Lanrutcon

CITIZENS OF DALARAN

RAISE YOUR EYES TO THE SKY AND OBSERVE!

FLYHACKING HERBALISM BOTS

FLYHACKING HERBALISM BOTS EVERYWHERE!

Well, it's not like there's any worthwhile professions other than Alchemy.

Why sure, Blizzard, I'm going to spend 4,000 gold's worth of mats to make an item that rolls random stats and comes out an item level inferior to the stuff people are getting from dailies.

Kain

I just did the shaman class hall and picked enh:

- What the hell I get to use the Doomhammer???? Sweet baby Jesus that's fucking cool

- Oh Thrall is jobbing. AGAIN. So that's why I get the hammer...

Can't complain, compared to the hunter weapons at least this one fits with the lore. Until you check the ele and resto artifacts that is (lol throne of thunder fist weapon)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
LiyTVru.png

cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
somehow my monk is now better geared (848) than my hunter (847), and my hunter is the one that does mythics lol

Sölf

Only ones that seem to be tolerable at the moment are gathering ones, crafting ones are violently expensive and time consuming.

What are you talking about? I can level my Engineering past 775 only by creating the Trigger pet, which gives me 5 skill points! It only requires 50 Blood of Sargeras, 10 Infernal Brimstone and other things. It's not expensive at all.

And people are selling this for 1000 gold on the AH. 1000. A single Infernal Brimstone is worth 3000. What's wrong with people? D:

Fjordson

CITIZENS OF DALARAN

RAISE YOUR EYES TO THE SKY AND OBSERVE!

FLYHACKING HERBALISM BOTS

FLYHACKING HERBALISM BOTS EVERYWHERE!
I think I actually saw this in Stormheim last night. I saw some one "flying" basically but they were really glitched out. Their movement was really jerky and it looked like they were lagging out or something.

Lol how weird! It was so bizarre. Should have reported him, but I was honestly just super confused by what I was seeing.

idlewild_

Sölf;217972325 said:
A single Infernal Brimstone is worth 3000.

Those are like 120g a piece, on Stormrage at least. I've kind of given up crafting stuff to get to 800, will probably just do the darkmoon faire stuff every month for the last few points on my professions.

Sölf

Those are like 120g a piece, on Stormrage at least. I've kind of given up crafting stuff to get to 800, will probably just do the darkmoon faire stuff every month for the last few points on my professions.

I have to admit, I haven't looked in the last few days, but still, selling pets for 1k gold when the mats alone are probably worth 30k+. Jesus.

Lanrutcon

Good to see im not the only one stuck around that ilvl

The 835 to 840 grind is rougher.

You gotta mythic. But you're not 840. So you gotta mythic. But you're not 840. So you gotta mythic. But you're not 840. So you gotta mythic. But you're not 840. So you gotta mythic. But you're not 840. So you gotta mythic. But you're not 840. So you gotta mythic.

Aeana

You gotta mythic. But you're not 840. So you gotta mythic. But you're not 840. So you gotta mythic. But you're not 840. So you gotta mythic. But you're not 840. So you gotta mythic. But you're not 840. So you gotta mythic. But you're not 840. So you gotta mythic.
Wait a couple of weeks and mythic dungeon groups will be asking for an item level that isn't even reachable by doing regular mythics.

Sölf

I am seriously happy that I have a Mythic+ group and we did all mythic dungeons each week basically and also traded loot. I can't imagine how hard it must be to go completely random into mythic if groups all demand 840+. Yeah, you can open up your own group, but honestly. I know the WoW community and I know how many people stay after a single wipe.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just ran with the worst DH tank I've ever seen.

I've seen plenty that aren't great at mitigating and put heals to work but aren't braindead. This one just lets people get harpooned and let the slimes at Hatecoil pound on the healer and the adds the entire fight

Literally tunnel visioned as a tank.

Top Bottom