• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

CHC

Well, it's not like there's any worthwhile professions other than Alchemy.

Why sure, Blizzard, I'm going to spend 4,000 gold's worth of mats to make an item that rolls random stats and comes out an item level inferior to the stuff people are getting from dailies.

I don't know why historically - and still to this day - Blizzard has been so afraid of giving professions attractive gear. I mean, make it BOP by all means if you're worried about the economy. But it's so, so, so rarely ever been worth crafting anything for your own use and it's quite silly. You should be able to craft a well itemized, raid quality item of your choice using somewhat expensive mats.

It's not like allowing people to make ONE guaranteed-to-be-good item is gonna throw the balance of everything hopelessly out of whack. But the fact that world quests almost ever give better gear than something that costs thousands of gold to make is very silly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This Priest Class Hall campaign and to a greater extent the Illidan campaign in Legion so far is Blizzard writing at its absolute worst.

This Priest Class Hall campaign and to a greater extent the Illidan campaign in Legion so far is Blizzard writing at its absolute worst.

Speaking of Blizzard's crap writing, I found the "Tyrande searches for Malfurion" bit at the end of Val'sharah borderline laughable when I played through it.

The script, the voice acting... just hideous.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Welp, Logged into my arms warrior 3-4 times trying things out and just felt too demoralized. I didn't sign up to play warlords of draenor again where I'm just auto attacking 60% of the time. Wish they just nerfed arms' damage and didn't mess with the playstyle, but not only did they crush the damage by ~25% but they did so by reducing the number of procs you get by 25% which is the heart of the entire spec and the fun of the entire spec.

So the result is a spec that just isn't exciting or thrilling anymore and is even more RNG-dependent than it was before (and it was very RNG dependant before). In doing so they also crushed any potential alternative builds to Focused Rage (the current dominant build). Just very demoralizing, especially with how much time I put into my artifact. Just wanted to enjoy my Arms warrior mang. I can't enjoy Fury with the current enrage mechanic, so I cancelled my sub and will check back in with 7.1.

I loved Legion out of the gate, had high hopes, but they just fucked the entire playstyle of my favorite spec overnight in a reckless manner.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So basically if you're a Demonology Warlock, fight any and every Eredar mob you come across in any of the zones. Until people at least figure out what the perquisites are to trigger the initial head drop.

Their current theory is it has to do with being exalted with highmountain or killing xavius but it's all theory

ampere

: |

Wiped like a bajillion times and missed the timer on Arcway 6

Wiping there is the worst, because those spirits seem to respawn and the runback is awful. I have a headache

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Their current theory is it has to do with being exalted with highmountain or killing xavius but it's all theory

I think the exalted is just a coincidence, as it doesn't really make sense. AK is the most likely trigger, but who knows.

Strimei

Any arcane mages who hit AK5 gone and sheep the specific mobs that people found yet?

I've got close to 2 days left before I can test it myself, and since it seems AK5 gates a number of hidden appearances, it may also trigger something for the Woolomancer.

Otherwise, we're still in the dark.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Shadow Hidden skins are pretty disappointing given the Old Gods link to others factions. They could have easily done a Sha themed skin, Klaxxi or Qiraji skin.

v1perz53

The 835 to 840 grind is rougher.

You gotta mythic. But you're not 840. So you gotta mythic. But you're not 840. So you gotta mythic. But you're not 840. So you gotta mythic. But you're not 840. So you gotta mythic. But you're not 840. So you gotta mythic. But you're not 840. So you gotta mythic.

Problem I think is that there are so many more people applying to mythic groups than there are spots. Like, when I list my groups, I set min ilvl at 830, and would happily take most 830 people. But then I get 10 applicants in the first 5 seconds, 5 of which are 840+, so why should I disadvantage myself and make my run longer by taking the people who have a lower ilvl (but need it more maybe). Also unfortunately defines spec choices. Sorry warlocks/ele shams (pre-hotfix at least), but if a fire mage or BM hunter also applies it is hard to decide to pick the class that on average is worse for the run.

The mythic and mythic+ system is definitely WAY better for social experiences, but because it isn't a queue and you pick your players, it ends up being much harder for solo DPS at low end ilvls playing non top end classes to get in to runs. Guess thats why I only play tanks/healers these days, at least at that point I can make my own groups.

What's AK5?

Artifact knowledge level 5, the thing you put work orders towards that increases the artifact power you earn.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, MM getting untouched outside of a barrage change is crazy.

"without dramatically changing anyone’s playstyle or causing them to feel as though the spec they chose to focus on became the “wrong choice.”"
Voidform stacks no longer increase while Dispersion and Void Torrent are active.
Note: These abilities prevent Insanity drain from increasing while active, which effectively reduces the Insanity drain for the entire remainder the current Voidform. This was proving to be too powerful, so we're now making sure that the damage bonus and Insanity drain from Voidform remain in sync.
The benefit of Mass Hysteria (Artifact Trait) is now capped at 100%.
Note: We want it to be rewarding when you're able to maintain Surrender to Madness for an extremely long time, but the amount of damage this trait was contributing in those circumstances was excessive.

Tenebrous

Project reroll from Prot Warrior underway!

FbTsULZ.jpg

Magnus

Also, MM getting untouched outside of a barrage change is crazy.

"without dramatically changing anyone’s playstyle or causing them to feel as though the spec they chose to focus on became the “wrong choice.”"
Voidform stacks no longer increase while Dispersion and Void Torrent are active.
Note: These abilities prevent Insanity drain from increasing while active, which effectively reduces the Insanity drain for the entire remainder the current Voidform. This was proving to be too powerful, so we're now making sure that the damage bonus and Insanity drain from Voidform remain in sync.
The benefit of Mass Hysteria (Artifact Trait) is now capped at 100%.
Note: We want it to be rewarding when you're able to maintain Surrender to Madness for an extremely long time, but the amount of damage this trait was contributing in those circumstances was excessive.

Ugh, that stings, yeah :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
EoA+8 done with 4 minutes left. DH/DK/Shadow Priest DPS, with Prot Warr/Resto Shaman. Fun shit.

Wow, what ilvls? And the affix and dungeon? I didn't think anyone could do +8 yet.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I really hope they nerf the mats requirements for ports and flasks. It's crazy how much shit you need to farm right now for raids.

[edit]

That and food, too.

Havoc DPS will play drastically differently next week, it's gonna be a ride. When your most or second-most damaging ability gets dumpstered into *almost never use*.

Yeah...

So we get to play around with some different talents.

Anyway been leveling my Fire Mage to get in on some of that dank herb action. She's 110 now, but I still gotta finish up some Suramar stuffs before I get world quests.

Lanrutcon

"We don't want raiders to feel like they need to farm Mythic+"

Makes artifact power gains in Mythic+ the best in the game.

Edit: You can bet your ass that Mythic+ is going to get nerfed within the next 2 weeks. I'd bet my sea turtle mount on it. Calling it now.

Xeteh

Edit: You can bet your ass that Mythic+ is going to get nerfed within the next 2 weeks. I'd bet my sea turtle mount on it. Calling it now.

But then I have to play with people!

Had a lot of fun using the DPS Monk for questing, but I am not gonna do Suramar quests for a while for the friendly cap and go WQs. the suramar grind is pretty boring and unfair when you get caught on their city

Furio53

I haven't played since the first xpac, Burning crusade(?). I was never a super hardcore player, I remember doing some of the raids and stuff. But wow, everything is so different... what happened to the talent tree??
Aside from just get used to everything new, enjoying going through all the new changes to the world. Seeing what I remember from Human areas and how they've changed is cool.

Also if anyone has any tips for a player coming back and rolling a new char, I'd appreciate it. Not sure if I'm just not aware of some stuff.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

How much do you get? I've done 2-3 but I didn't even bother looking at how much AP I was getting.

I don't understand why there's no way to refund artifact power invested. They basically implement a system that locks people in to a specific spec, then make really heavy handed changes that can basically make the player feel like they've completely wasted their time and offer them absolutely no recourse.

That just seems like such a gross oversight.

If they can't get the balancing done well, they need to ease up on how AP functions. I have a feeling that Artifact Power is going to end up being like Paragon Levels by the end of the expansion or there's going to be a lot of upset players who simply unsubscribe.

Aeana

I don't understand why there's no way to refund artifact power invested. They basically implement a system that locks people in to a specific spec, then make really heavy handed changes that can basically make the player feel like they've completely wasted their time and offer them absolutely no recourse.

That just seems like such a gross oversight.

If they can't get the balancing done well, they need to ease up on how AP functions. I have a feeling that Artifact Power is going to end up being like Paragon Levels by the end of the expansion or there's going to be a lot of upset players who simply unsubscribe.

I had read that artifact knowledge eventually scales artifact power up to 1499% or something like that? If that's the case, and if artifact knowledge research times will decrease globally the further we get from release, then the issues will be really front-loaded. I know people are always concerned about right now, but it doesn't seem like it'll be that long before it isn't the sky is falling issue that people are making it out to be.

Lanrutcon

Sölf;217991972 said:
Still, Mythic+ dungeons are one of the best thing Blizzard has introduced in a long time.

Once they balance it against raiding. And they tweak it to stop the griefing. And add a way to replace members and deal with disconnects. And solve the class imbalance so every spec performs well in dungeons. And add a tool so it's easier to organise outside of guilds.

Sarcasm

So far:

Updates:

• Added new people
  • This Saturday I will not be available (Magic The Gathering prerelease). However, I can still help scheduling.
  • Are people opposed to Discord for organizing people into one chatroom?

SATURDAY - HORDE NA
  • Ashodin -- Ramos-Dalaran (Ret Paladin)
  • Sarcasm -- ?? (Guardian Druid)
  • Bizazedo -- Bizazedo-Thunderhorn (Arms Warrior)
  • Scy -- DHDKTank/RestoDruidHealer/HunterMonkDPS
  • Aeana -- Priphea-Proudmoore (Mistweaver Monk)
  • phoenix296 -- Rehark-Tichondrius (Holy Paladin)
  • ThinFinn -- Emmá-Bonechewer (MM Hunter)

POTENTIALS - If Schedule Permits
  • Metroidvania -- ?? (Ret or Prot Paladin)
  • BolognaOni -- Logicalshift-Stormreaver (Resto/Balance Druid)

Current List of T/D/H

TANKS
  • Metroidvania
  • Sarcasm
  • Scy

DPS
  • Ashodin
  • Bizazedo
  • Scy*
  • Metroidvania*
  • ThinFinn

Healers
  • Scy*
  • Aeana
  • phoenix296

Currently looking at Saturdays at 9 or 10 PM EASTERN. Is that good for any involved? Later? Earlier?

Please give Name-Server so players can be whispered on the servers/added to friends to make setup easier. Ideally we'll exchange members as needed who can play at that time - or we can swap out members for various runs. I don't mind sitting out on various runs so others can get in for the week - however I will ask that we prioritize mythics toward alternate Artifact skins. I'd like to see GAF each get their third skin!

-----------------------------------------------

MONDAY - THURSDAY? (SUNDAY?) - ALLIANCE NA
  • Sain Drevia -- Sain-Lothar (Sin Rogue, DPS)

-----------------------------------------------

I need a side here bro. NA or EU? Horde or Alliance?

Guys, add me on BT: Sarcasm#1161

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is Disc even viable for mythic +? People on the Priest discord were saying only holy works out of the priest specs for mythic+

arimanius

Project reroll from Prot Warrior underway!

FbTsULZ.jpg

Viklund got benched for Serenity because of these changes. Despite being top DPS on Xavius this week.

ayylmao

I'm with you brother

wowscrnshot_092416_16e1blx.jpg

What class is Viklund? I tried leveling a few alts. For some reason I just can't this expansion unlike the others. I have several 100s but I just can't get myself to. I just didn't enjoy the leveling experience.

Top Bottom