• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

cdyhybrid

What class is Viklund? I tried leveling a few alts. For some reason I just can't this expansion unlike the others. I have several 100s but I just can't get myself to. I just didn't enjoy the leveling experience.

Google says Shadow Priest. Guessing they're talking about the Surrender to Madness nerf.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What class is Viklund? I tried leveling a few alts. For some reason I just can't this expansion unlike the others. I have several 100s but I just can't get myself to. I just didn't enjoy the leveling experience.

He's a Shadow Priest. Played for Method for a while. Kind of the most noted Shadow Priest at the moment.

Maledict

I had read that artifact knowledge eventually scales artifact power up to 1499% or something like that? If that's the case, and if artifact knowledge research times will decrease globally the further we get from release, then the issues will be really front-loaded. I know people are always concerned about right now, but it doesn't seem like it'll be that long before it isn't the sky is falling issue that people are making it out to be.

Much higher actually. At artifact knowledge 25 you get 24999% more AP...

piratethingy

Self professed bad raider

Aeana

Much higher actually. At artifact knowledge 25 you get 24999% more AP...

Ah I actually meant to type 14999%, but it looks like I was still off.

this right here is the problem with people arbitrarily picking their own mythic+ groups

not that i have any solutions to suggest

Before Legion launched, people were saying disc wouldn't even be able to heal 5 mans very well at all. They're continually proven wrong but the stigma hangs around. MMO players.

Tenebrous

Well Blizzard said themselves Disc won't be as strong as other healers in terms of HPS output in Mythic+ & Mythic raiding. As the HPS requirements go up, surely there will be a point where Disc falls off.

Lanrutcon

PSA: even if you're shit at mythics, go get some keystones. Violet Hold is stupid easy. Then use the LFG tool to find a boost group. They'll take you through your keystone dungeon for free.

Now is the time to jump on this before they nerf the shit out of mythic+ returns.

Rizzi

I feel like the current dev team doesn't understand either their player base, or like half the classes in the game. It's pretty demoralising to see shit like the surrender to madness nerf, and then have them turn around and say "Oh we don't want to make specs feel drastically different or like people focused on the wrong choice".
I'm sorry, was the 10 minute cooldown level 100 talent that required you to play perfectly and KILLS YOU at the end making a fire mage somewhere in the blizzard office feel bad? Guess we better nerf the shit out of it, and the artifact trait.
Legion is going to lose just as many players as WOD did if they keep this up, mark my words.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wouldn't be surprised if Discipline eventually gets turned into a Holy themed DPS spec.

I don't think they know what they want to do with it.

Renekton

PSA: even if you're shit at mythics, go get some keystones. Violet Hold is stupid easy. Then use the LFG tool to find a boost group. They'll take you through your keystone dungeon for free.

Now is the time to jump on this before they nerf the shit out of mythic+ returns.
Thanks for the tip.

I expect a quick nerf tho as people are crying "cheat" in trade chat.

Sarcasm

Keystones are locked for a specific instance or you can use them whereever?

I ask cause my first one says Vault of the Wardens.

Strimei

To those freaking out about Shadow's nerf:

Note: tuning hotfixes aren't final. We're still discussing the changes, especially to Havoc/Shadow, and following constructive discussions.

So they're listening, at least.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
To those freaking out about Shadow's nerf:

So they're listening, at least.

I don't mind the dispersion nerf but the MH nerf was beyond stupid

Go on Blizzard, show me you're on the balance shit this expansion by being quick to correct this. Because the fact that even went through in the first place after only a week of live raiding has me very doubtful

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't mind the dispersion nerf but the MH nerf was beyond stupid

Go on Blizzard, show me you're on the balance shit this expansion by being quick to correct this. Because the fact that even went through in the first place after only a week of live raiding has me very doubtful

It's like Blizzard themselves exist in video game logic. They had X amount of resources to spend on making this expansion, spent them all making zones/quests/raids etc, and when it came time to do class balancing they had ran out.

They need to construct additional pylons.

Well looks like I won't likely be on for another couple hours, but hopefully the NA horde crew is having fun.

Did manage to at least get over ilvl 800, lol. Think I'm likely the filithiest of a casual for a bit here...

Westlo

Only managed to get upto Ilvl 810 before going on a month long holiday on the the 7th, had an itch to play again even while on holiday lol... helps that my last few hotels had had decent wifi.

happy to get that upto 825 after doing 4 days of selective world quests. 860 cloak off world boss, 835 epic legs, trinket and holy relic

Gonna start the dungeon grinds when I get back in 10 days.... and holy shit is it a massive AP jump as soon as you hit trait 13... got all 3 of my pally artifacts to trait 13 atm and just smh at how much i need for trait 14... missed out on like 2 weeks of artifact knowledge gains...

So I'm actually making a run to the end game this time. I've played every expansion up to level 30-40 and then given up. I think this time around I've really stuck to running dungeons while blasting through the story content and its been much more enjoyable. Does it matter if I just pass a bunch of quests up because I'm outleveling the areas I run into? Currently I'm a level 43 night elf hunter and I'm just blowing by stuff in Kalimdor. Should I just run through everything to get to the expansion stuff, keep doing dungeons, and then get into raids? I'm not too familiar with late game WoW but it seems pretty quick to get up to 110, which I'll hit pretty quick here at this rate.

After running BWL for months I finally never have to go to BWL (on my Paladin) again!

CtK1sHoVMAA0-T7.jpg:large

Strimei

Out of curiosity, anyone know if the "This Side Up" achievement for the artifact appearance is account-wide?

By that I mean, if I complete it on my mage, will it also unlock on, say, my monk? Because I really don't want to have to do this for 16 damn weeks on more than one character.

Xeteh

I joined an alt raid with a friend's guild and I want to die. Turns out, I don't miss raiding and I definitely don't miss raiding with people I don't know.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Whew.

Off-spec tanking with non-optimal tank trinkets and a sub-par artifact level is....rough on mythic +2, lol.

LogicStep

I want to see what a shaman will look like as different races. I'm looking at horde. Is there any tools online to do this? I'm thinking on getting back into the game and would like to check these things out.. I'm thinking either female orc or tauren. Would be nice to see them in action as well.

Tenebrous

I want to see what a shaman will look like as different races. I'm looking at horde. Is there any tools online to do this? I'm thinking on getting back into the game and would like to check these things out.. I'm thinking either female orc or tauren. Would be nice to see them in action as well.

If you use MogIt, you can load you current armour set into it, and change the race/gender combo to anything you want.

I joined an alt raid with a friend's guild and I want to die. Turns out, I don't miss raiding and I definitely don't miss raiding with people I don't know.

Raiding with random people isn't really fun, it's more of an exercise in patience. Only real reason to run a raid without people you know is for gear and/or practice.

v1perz53

Easiest option is to use the class 100 trials, though I don't know if they work on a trial account or time expired account. If they do, you just make the shaman then garrison hearth and you have all specs and spells unlocked. Only reason I suggest this over a model viewer on wowhead or something is because this way you can also see race animations, which to me is huge in enjoying the race you're playing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder if there's any possible 'holy shit' major WoW announcements at Blizzcon. The only big things I could think of is maybe Worgen/Goblin model updates and new casting animations.

Or the pie in the sky idea of them announcing legacy servers. Which won't happen.

Which Alt should I level up this time my Alliance Shaman or my Horde Pally, my shaman is alone on the alliance side but my pally was my always alt since MoP.

BTW did the alliance class companions are alliance only compared to the horde companions or the companions are the same?

Sarcasm

Which Alt should I level up this time my Alliance Shaman or my Horde Pally, my shaman is alone on the alliance side but my pally was my always alt since MoP.

BTW did the alliance class companions are alliance only compared to the horde companions or the companions are the same?

Got night elf broll on my horde druid (and ally druid).

That skin looks great.
Stop thinking, go troll. Though I guess female orc is acceptable too, don't see many of those around for some reason.

Xeteh

They're the same on both factions and shamans are great.

Top Bottom