• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
What are the chances of Pandaren druids in the future :(

Will pay money for it.

I thought I was finally going to be able to play a Druid when Pandarens came out but nope. I refuse to play a troll or a tauren, they just look terrible.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If they add another Druid race, it will definitely be Pandarens. Their mentality about balance and harmony lines up with the druids and Blizz would be able to give a new druid race to both factions without having to make two sets of shape shifting models.

Still holding out for Orc Priests. Because Ner'Zhul's WoD interpretation is far more Shadow Priest than Shaman or Warlock. And Orc Demon Hunters.

Mothman91

Found an easy ass group for my HoV +2 keystone. Didn't realize hardcore raiders were farming these +2/3 keystones for AP and the small chance for an upgrade.

Sarcasm

What class for healing alt? I have a druid I use for tanking. As I dumped all my AP into it I don't know if it is possible to do the other specs. Unless somebody can PM me or add me on BT and tell me how.

I don't like what they've done to Shaman's. Elemental feels like I'm just a lava/lightning themed mage and Resto just feels like a water themed priest now. We've gone from one extreme of having too many totems to manage to having too few. And why did they get rid of earth, water and lightning shields? It's such an iconic visual element of shamans and now it's just gone. Although apparently there's a cosmetic glyph, not that you'd know given there's no glyph menu anymore.

Renekton

What class for healing alt? I have a druid I use for tanking. As I dumped all my AP into it I don't know if it is possible to do the other specs. Unless somebody can PM me or add me on BT and tell me how.
Since you have artifact knowledge up, it is easy to pump resto to lv13.

Fjordson

This may be a dumb question, but I've seen people mention emissary quests and that those can award legendaries. Are they world quests? I'm not seeing them in my list.

Still a bit dazed by everything that opens at 110 lol. So much. Managed to open up world quests and get a 860 ring from Nithogg though.

Sarcasm

Since you have artifact knowledge up, it is easy to pump resto to lv13.

What about gear?

This may be a dumb question, but I've seen people mention emissary quests and that those can award legendaries. Are they world quests? I'm not seeing them in my list.

Still a bit dazed by everything that opens at 110 lol. So much. Managed to open up world quests and get a 860 ring from Nithogg though.

8jiajHy.png

CHC

Ugh. "Go complete 30 world quests so you can continue your class campaign"
Fuck off Blizzard.

You don't have to do it one sitting - it happens very easily and you'll get gear and AP anyway. I'd be surprised if there is anyone who has been 110 for over a week and HASN'T done 30 of those, they are quite rewarding.

erawsd

I don't like what they've done to Shaman's. Elemental feels like I'm just a lava/lightning themed mage and Resto just feels like a water themed priest now. We've gone from one extreme of having too many totems to manage to having too few. And why did they get rid of earth, water and lightning shields? It's such an iconic visual element of shamans and now it's just gone. Although apparently there's a cosmetic glyph, not that you'd know given there's no glyph menu anymore.

Its a toy. I totally disagree though, I couldnt be happier that they've largely carved out totems. Every since WOTLK's shift in class/encounter design philosophy totems have just never made any sense and the gameplay surrounding them has been incredibly dull and restrictive. They've spent years trying to make them work and arbitrarily attaching skills to them and its been a total failure. Its very similar to Life Tap -- that too is a long time clss defining ability that just doesnt fit in the modern game.

Resto is actually the exception, I think the totems they have are exactly what totems should be. Theres a nice mix of strong throughput and unique utility totems that allow Resto to have one of the most versatile kits of any healer.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You don't have to do it one sitting - it happens very easily and you'll get gear and AP anyway. I'd be surprised if there is anyone who has been 110 for over a week and HASN'T done 30 of those, they are quite rewarding.

it also pops at the same time as you have the last of those "do 5 12 hour garrison quests" so its not like you can just go do the 30 WQs and move on anyway

Lain

I want to see what a shaman will look like as different races. I'm looking at horde. Is there any tools online to do this? I'm thinking on getting back into the game and would like to check these things out.. I'm thinking either female orc or tauren. Would be nice to see them in action as well.

I don't really like my female orc shaman, for what is worth, because of her animations. I'd go Tauren or consider Goblins too, though Goblins have the annoyance of their locked away starting area.
As suggested, you can check on wowhead to see how the various races look and animate, or to simply see how they look with various gears ingame you can use mods like dress up.

Rizzi

Easy yes. Time consuming and annoying too.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The guild will begin raiding Emerald Nightmare (Normal) tomorrow, September 26. I managed to get a few gear upgrades yesterday on my shadow priest, but I'm unsure if these stats are enough:

Crit: 24.37%
Haste: 29.17%
Mastery: 31.04%

This is without enchantments.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Rösti;218033774 said:
The guild will begin raiding Emerald Nightmare (Normal) tomorrow, September 26. I managed to get a few gear upgrades yesterday on my shadow priest, but I'm unsure if these stats are enough:

Crit: 24.37%
Haste: 29.17%
Mastery: 31.04%

This is without enchantments.

Not sure what stat weights are for Shadow Priests, but the values look high enough!

----

Is anyone else having an issue with their Combat Allies not getting XP after doing world quests?

lazygecko

I don't really like my female orc shaman, for what is worth, because of her animations. I'd go Tauren or consider Goblins too, though Goblins have the annoyance of their locked away starting area.
As suggested, you can check on wowhead to see how the various races look and animate, or to simply see how they look with various gears ingame you can use mods like dress up.

Nonsense. Female orc is always the best choice.

Tarazet

Its a toy. I totally disagree though, I couldnt be happier that they've largely carved out totems. Every since WOTLK's shift in class/encounter design philosophy totems have just never made any sense and the gameplay surrounding them has been incredibly dull and restrictive. They've spent years trying to make them work and arbitrarily attaching skills to them and its been a total failure. Its very similar to Life Tap -- that too is a long time clss defining ability that just doesnt fit in the modern game.

Resto is actually the exception, I think the totems they have are exactly what totems should be. Theres a nice mix of strong throughput and unique utility totems that allow Resto to have one of the most versatile kits of any healer.

Resto Shaman is in the most perfect state I've ever seen it. Great mobility, super throughput and practically no mana issues. I knew that Enhancement was boss since I had tried it on beta, but Resto has been the real surprise for me.

Oh, and male troll for me.

I thought I was finally going to be able to play a Druid when Pandarens came out but nope. I refuse to play a troll or a tauren, they just look terrible.

As a longtime tauren player I object! Step 1. Hide helmet. They have horns they are fine. Step 2. Hide Cloak. Cows cannot fly they don't need a cape. Step 3. Get big badass looking pauldrons for your armor type.

Step 4. Oh wait you spend most of the time as a bear or a cat or a moon owl anyway.

In conclusion. Hug a tree, play a tauren druid.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
fuck me and the legendaries in this game

Robin64

Hit AK5 and got more Light's Heart quests to do.

Then I'll go farm the Holy Paladin appearance, see how long that takes..

Robin64

Oh shit that was awesome. AK5 Light's Heart spoiler:
Got to play as Illidan during the boss fight at the top of Black Temple in Outland, taking out a team of 25 raiders, doing eye beams, the lot. It was great.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Got to play as Illidan during the boss fight at the top of Black Temple in Outland, taking out a team of 25 raiders, doing eye beams, the lot. It was great.
wow

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

just doing this myself and had to restart because the GW2 UI bugs out during it sigh

M.D

Are the Suramar chapters/main story lines blocked behind the honor rep? I'm finding quests but only got 3/11 and the only quest from the main hub is the one to get honored with The Nightfallen

Sarek

Been leveling a healer alt and it has certainly reminded me that being a pug healer is by far the most stressful role there is.

oakenhild

"Quest log is full"

After hitting 110, this is worse than inventory management. Frustrating that we can't just accept all quests. Such an arbitrary limitation.

scy

Wow, what ilvls? And the affix and dungeon? I didn't think anyone could do +8 yet.

Super late to this response but the +10s I've seen done (within timer) are like mid-850s for ilvl? Not even heavily optimized comps.

Guys, which do I want?

Crit is S. Priest's second best secondary so that wins out over the Vers? The normalized weights were like ~1.4 Haste, ~1.2 Crit, ~1.05 Mastery, 1.00 Int, ~.94 Vers. Probably worth double checking with a resource somewhere but that's what I remember when I was thinking of S. Priest as my caster alt.

You only need to change two trinkets.

Well, there's also something to be said about secondary stat priority but for "alt spec just for random easy Heroics / Mythics" then it's not the biggest of deals.

ampere

What are the chances of Pandaren druids in the future :(

Will pay money for it.

Gnome Druid + little bear form would be hilarious

"Quest log is full"

After hitting 110, this is worse than inventory management. Frustrating that we can't just accept all quests. Such an arbitrary limitation.

It's overwhelming, and frustrating to hit 110 in this expansion because of the quest overload, and the 25 limit. Definitely needs to be addressed

LogicStep

Well... I can't believe I'm going in again. I got the last expansion and played for a few days and quit. Here I am again. Downloading the game right now. What have I done?

Lain

Nonsense. Female orc is always the best choice.

Female orcs look cool when standing still, but as soon as they start running everything falls apart for me. For the same reason I can't play female Trolls.

Someone was standing in the spot I usually do my turn backs to save time for the ram races and advertising to turn back there where he was standing. Felt weird.

Top Bottom