• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Did my first Mythic, I was super scared but the tank and the healer were super chill on me and finished EoA pretty good, got a strange item to modify something mythic and got the EoA hearth for my class quest. anyway the dragon send me again to another Mythic, jeez I hope I can find a group tomorrow for the forest dungeon.

Mothman91

Ran a +2 keystone for EoA, got 2 chests.

w269t5y.jpg

nVglr4J.jpg

Atleast I got 555 hands....

Lanrutcon

Ran a Heart Mythic on my destro lock and Managed to maintain 200k dps with shitty, shitty haste.

I am absolutely giddy for tomorrow's balance wave.

Dinjooh

Ran a Heart Mythic on my destro lock and Managed to maintain 200k dps with shitty, shitty haste.

I am absolutely giddy for tomorrow's balance wave.

No matter how many mythics I run, I somehow end up with more and more mastery.

Pulling around 180k-210k depending on the fight with 19% haste atm, also really REALLY looking forward for buffs.

Lanrutcon

What is this Mythic and AP farm thing going on?

Prolly the key boost thing.

4 highly geared people form a group, advertise as: "Bring your +2/+3 key and we get you 3 bonus chests". You join, provide your mythic key, they flatten the dungeon for you, everyone gets bonus chests with potential loot and guaranteed AP items (a few thousand).

Then they say goodbye to you and find someone else.

Now, here's where this breaks the gear chain and will generally bring down the nerf bat: this week those 4 people can boost +2/+3 keys. In a week? 2 weeks? they'll be overgeared and can boost +4. What will they be boosting in a month? So they're essentially injecting ever escalating levels of gear into the ecosystem (you as the fifth member get whatever they get, so as long as you provide a key you will be getting better and better gear each week for simply pitching up).

It gets even better when you realise that the key is not expended per use. A +2 turns into a +5 if properly used, so in a month when people are boosting +5 keys you can essentially get _3_ free loot injections on each of your characters: the +2 they boosted, the resulting +5 they boosted, and then the resulting end of the week grand chest you get from your order hall.

Only real reason to do raids will be to get tier tokens, I guess?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
+2

There is no +1. You can consider regular mythics +1/level 1 if you'd like.

I don't think increasing the damage Demonology outputs alone is the answer to that specs problems. Just like making the soul shard baseline 3 instead of 1 sorta helps with the ramp up time but isn't exactly a solution. The imps and dreadstalkers you summon are 12 second anthropomorphised damage-over-time spells, and there's no real meaningful decisions being made. It's kind of boring. You have two builders (I don't really see how anyone can play Demo without Shadowflame), two spenders, a maintanence buff for the summons that you always use, and that's sort of it. There's no decision making or variation beyond choosing to use your artifact ability on that specific encounter.

Rizzi

I don't think increasing the damage Demonology outputs alone is the answer to that specs problems. Just like making the soul shard baseline 3 instead of 1 sorta helps with the ramp up time but isn't exactly a solution. The imps and dreadstalkers you summon are 12 second anthropomorphised damage-over-time spells, and there's no real meaningful decisions being made. It's kind of boring. You have two builders (I don't really see how anyone can play Demo without Shadowflame), two spenders, a maintanence buff for the summons that you always use, and that's sort of it. There's no decision making or variation beyond choosing to use your artifact ability on that specific encounter.

It needs a complete overhaul. No excuses about it, it is bad to play.

Rizzi

So I did a +2 mythic eye of azshara and got two chests and a +4 darkheart thicket keystone. What is going to be in my reward chest in the class hall?

Lanrutcon

So I did a +2 mythic eye of azshara and got two chests and a +4 darkheart thicket keystone. What is going to be in my reward chest in the class hall?

That's the million dollar question. Isn't it exciting? Gonna try and get a +5 done on my one character, and then compare reward chests.

Lanrutcon

Reward chest in class Hall?

Not sure I follow.

There are 2 types of chests for Mythic plus:
- Chests at the end of the run (you can score extra for being speedy)
- A Grand Challenger's Bounty in your Order Hall. It fills at the start of each week if you completed at least 1 Mythic plus dungeon the previous week. It contains your new keystone, as well as loot. The loot is still a bit of a mystery, which is why everyone is eager to open said chest after the weekly reset.

Dinjooh

There are 2 types of chests for Mythic plus:
- Chests at the end of the run (you can score extra for being speedy)
- A Grand Challenger's Bounty in your Order Hall. It fills at the start of each week if you completed at least 1 Mythic plus dungeon the previous week. It contains your new keystone, as well as loot. The loot is still a bit of a mystery, which is why everyone is eager to open said chest after the weekly reset.

Ah. Looking forward to opening that wednesday then.

Acidote

Wonder if it'll contain a trinket.
Fucking trinkets being harder to find than relics.

Trinkets have been impossible to find for me. Doing world quests and all the Mythics every week and I don't have even one trinket with my stats yet. Everything is crit and versatility. Haste and mastery do not exist.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Someone please confirm, while being in a specific spec, do the world quests (upon resetting) adapt its stat distribution based on what spec you are?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The world quests don't seem to give two shits what spec you are in.

Okay, it's just that for the past week, all my not-worthless ilvl gear have become X and Y, both being completely the opposite of what a resto druid should be using. I'm playing constantly as a guardian druid though... that's why I was wondering wtf was going on :/

Trickster

Need to get this rant off my chest.

I fucking loathe the titan/warforged system. This shitty system which rewards luck more than anything else. I see people I know who play far less than me get 860+ procs from random WQ's or dungeon rewards, and people on forums with those ridiculous 880+ procs. Meanwhile I'm in a raiding guild where there is some level of importance placed on players getting their ilvl up for mythics next week. And I'm just getting fuck all. I do WQ's, mythic+ dungeons, and just fucking nothing. Loot might proc once, twice if I'm lucky. But when the base WQ items are 820-830, that's just useless at this point. Mythic+ slightly less so, since the base ilvl is higher and getting small upgrades do happen rarely.

But man, I think this influx of rng elements to the game is absolutely terrible. I don't want to spend hours grinding stuff that as a baseline drops nothing of value, in the hopes that some stars align and give me an actual upgrade.

Also, fuck the legendaries. Another garbage rng element to the game that's gonna really screw over unlucky people once they become the norm to have 1-2 of.

Lanrutcon

I fucking loathe the titan/warforged system. This shitty system which rewards luck more than anything else. I see people I know who play far less than me get 860+ procs from random WQ's or dungeon rewards, and people on forums with those ridiculous 880+ procs. Meanwhile I'm in a raiding guild where there is some level of importance placed on players getting their ilvl up for mythics next week. And I'm just getting fuck all. I do WQ's, mythic+ dungeons, and just fucking nothing. Loot might proc once, twice if I'm lucky. But when the base WQ items are 820-830, that's just useless at this point. Mythic+ slightly less so, since the base ilvl is higher and getting small upgrades do happen rarely.

But man, I think this influx of rng elements to the game is absolutely terrible. I don't want to spend hours grinding stuff that as a baseline drops nothing of value, in the hopes that some stars align and give me an actual upgrade.

Also, fuck the legendaries. Another garbage rng element to the game that's gonna really screw over unlucky people once they become the norm to have 1-2 of.

My SO's hunter, who has never done a heroic or mythic, has done a grand total of 4 normals is 849. Why? titanforged pieces from world quests and a goddamn Legendary from a cache.

Robin64

I don't have the shoulders yet, but I love how damn Paladin-y the order hall set is. I may even prefer using the Lightbringer shoulders over the actual set ones.

QogpDFl.png

I am such a Paladin.

vocab

Yea, easily the worst part. The diabloification of wow sucks. I miss mop gear with tons of gem slots. Yea reforge was a pain but random stats blow.

Kain

They should really fix the loot system, yes. It's been two weeks of only getting absolute shit even after doing dungeons and WQs everyday. In fact I'm so tired of the grind I'm thinking of either quitting early or changing to the Shaman to see if I have some luck.

Maybe raiding will fix it, but knowing my luck and how this works I doubt it.

820-830 base ilevel should go. NOW.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They should really fix the loot system, yes. It's been two weeks of only getting absolute shit even after doing dungeons and WQs everyday. In fact I'm so tired of the grind I'm thinking of either quitting early or changing to the Shaman to see if I have some luck.

Maybe raiding will fix it, but knowing my luck and how this works I doubt it.

820-830 base ilevel should go. NOW.

I have 2 characters at 848 amd 847 respectively so... yeah

im not in a raiding guild (or guild even), I just do a few mythics now and then with some old friends. in fact my 848 character has done a total of 1 mythic

Lanrutcon

I have 2 characters at 848 amd 847 respectively so... yeah

im not in a raiding guild (or guild even), I just do a few mythics now and then with some old friends. in fact my 848 character has done a total of 1 mythic

Bandaid:

1) Do Mythic Violet Hold as dps. Easy peasy.
2) Search LFG for a boost group for the keystone you just received.
3) Run behind the 4 man boost group that grind enemies to paste.
4) Loot your bonus chests at the end of the run. At least one piece of 845.
5) Loot your grand bonus chest in your order hall after reset. At least one piece of 860.

*845 and 860 are for the lowest keystone level (+2). Do it at +4/+5 for 850 and 865 loot.

Renekton

Blizzard did implement a loot luck floor in case RNG Fs you over repeatedly, but I wonder if it resets if you get a piece that is not an ilvl upgrade for that slot.

Apathy

Well this whole expansion boils down to "RNG shit show/how lucky are you today"

The titanforge/warforge is just more of that. I've personally hated it since they introduced that into the game and stopped giving a shit about it in raids. I don't waste my time or energy trying to get better from there. It just manipulates and tricks people into having to play more.

I think more and more people are starting to lose the honeymoon stage of legion and finally seeing some of the problems I've been touting since beta.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bandaid:

1) Do Mythic Violet Hold as dps. Easy peasy.
2) Search LFG for a boost group for the keystone you just received.
3) Run behind the 4 man boost group that grind enemies to paste.
4) Loot your bonus chests at the end of the run. At least one piece of 845.
5) Loot your grand bonus chest in your order hall after reset. At least one piece of 860.

*845 and 860 are for the lowest keystone level (+2). Do it at +4/+5 for 850 and 865 loot.

I meant I think the lootm is fine btw lol. Maybe people were expecting to be 880 now or something? Seems fine for me, except those couple of days where I had no gear from WQs which was annoying.

A friend of mine just got a 870 wrist from heroic. I got a 855 from a heroic. Dunno seems fine for me

Tenebrous

Wonder if it'll contain a trinket.
Fucking trinkets being harder to find than relics.

I went into TEN with two rare quality (but good) trinkets that were traded to me by guildies. One week into the raid, I have...

Grotesque Statuette /w socket (HC)
Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor (HC)
Unbridled Fury (HC)
Phantasmal Echo (HC)
Ravaged Seed Pod (Normal WF)
Horn of Valor (Mythic WF)

So yeah, I'm fine for trinkets.

Rizzi

I went into TEN with two rare quality (but good) trinkets that were traded to me by guildies. One week into the raid, I have...

Grotesque Statuette /w socket (HC)
Goblet of Nightmarish Ichor (HC)
Unbridled Fury (HC)
Phantasmal Echo (HC)
Ravaged Seed Pod (Normal WF)
Horn of Valor (Mythic WF)

So yeah, I'm fine for trinkets.

:(

CHC

Ugh got "retrieving item information" on my fucking keystone. This bug sucks!

I can probably fix it as I did with some other items it happened on but still.

Trickster

Well this whole expansion boils down to "RNG shit show/how lucky are you today"

The titanforge/warforge is just more of that. I've personally hated it since they introduced that into the game and stopped giving a shit about it in raids. I don't waste my time or energy trying to get better from there. It just manipulates and tricks people into having to play more.

I think more and more people are starting to lose the honeymoon stage of legion and finally seeing some of the problems I've been touting since beta.

I was never a fan of the warforged proc system either. But at least it used to be more restricted. Now anything can turn into a freaking raid mythic level item.

And yeah, honeymoon phase for legion is running out real fast for a lot of people i think. Legion honestly has a lot of problems.

- it's very alt unfriendly
- artifacts make respeccing very hard
- legendary rng
- regular loot proc rng
- surumar gated rep grind
- wq grind
- messed up economy
- class balance is horrendous
- "forces" huge player commitment due to most things listed above

The funny/sad thing is that a lot of this stuff should be obvious, and much of the class balance issues were mentioned for months before legion launched, so blizzard really don't have an excuse for a lot of it. Like, I genuinely can't see how blizzard signed off on letting legion go live with the current legendary system. Drop chance seem horrible low, and even after weeks, there doesn't seem to be any noticable increase in the number of players finding their first legendary.

Lanrutcon

I was never a fan of the warforged proc system either. But at least it used to be more restricted. Now anything can turn into a freaking raid mythic level item.

And yeah, honeymoon phase for legion is running out real fast for a lot of people i think. Legion honestly has a lot of problems.

- it's very alt unfriendly
- artifacts make respeccing very hard
- legendary rng
- regular loot proc rng
- surumar gated rep grind
- wq grind
- messed up economy
- class balance is horrendous
- "forces" huge player commitment due to most things listed above

Pretty much.

You missed the shitty new reputation system.

Zelias

Banned
The class balance issues wouldn't even be such a big deal for me if they didn't go all in in investing into a single character. I'd just reroll, but, noooope, gotta do all this inane shit again!

Lanrutcon

Well I mentioned the surumar rep grind. Not sure what the issue is with rep beyond that?

Substantial rep gains are tied to randomized emissary missions. In old expansions, if I wanted to focus on faction X I would go do my handful of daily activities or run the respective instanced content or wear a tabard.

Now? Now it's fuck you, junior. You'll fly around the map doing limited world quests for tiny amounts of rep and hope the emissary rolls your way. No tabards, no dungeon rep, no turn ins.

Top Bottom