• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Sölf

While we're sharing mythic+ fuck ups: those large elementals in Heart? they split into smaller ones, which grow into large elementals if left alone. The tank decided to pull both large elementals, both packs of smaller slimes and a chunk of dragon whelps. Then the aoe kills the elementals and the Arms warrior dies, our aoe falters and bam. Something stupid like 12 of the large elementals then proceed to pinball us.

We only missed killing one and at least the reformed ones don't spawn small one supon death. But still, such a waste of time.

Shahadan

Decided to use my Vault of the Wardens keystone last night.

Tank decided he could pull all the spiders in the last trash walk to Cordana and be fine.

Nobody got the idea of "die together and let them reset".

We went from 9 minutes left to in the red by the time we got to the boss.

sigh.

This happens way too often :lol:

Tenebrous

I'll share mine as well.

Mythic+7 Arcway. Going well, we get to the spider boss. I tell our monk to break the web (he was chained to an UH DK, so mobility was pretty one sided), and he double rolls out of the boss area & resets the boss. We lost our Bloodlust, and ended up missing the timer by less than 40 seconds. Would've been a clear without that unpredictable mishap, but heyo, it was a group with 840 players in it, and we didn't expect to beat the timer anyway.

I'm not a raider aside from LFR nowadays but man do I feel for all the serious raiders out there with the current legendary situation. It's unbelievable how gear that can affect performance by that much is gated through RNG.

Maledict

I'm not a raider aside from LFR nowadays but man do I feel for all the serious raiders out there with the current legendary situation. It's unbelievable how gear that can affect performance by that much is gated through RNG.

Thing is, it's not even getting a legendary. The majority of legendaries for each class are plain garbage. They add effects that vary from useful to 'wouldn't ever pick this as a talent ever'. Fire mages can get a mana regen legendary. Death Knights can get an effect which doubles the duration of Anti-Magic shield.

It's the fact that each class has one or two legendaries which are just gang buster nuts compared to the rest, and if you have one of those it makes a massive difference to your spec. As a blood dk, the artifact which reduces the cost of death strike by 25% is utterly nuts - that would make a MASSIVE difference to how I payed the game. The legendary that increases my runic power cap by 60? Far less so.

Edit: it's worth remembering the bigger perspective. Current content is not tuned around us having a legendary, and there will be a catch up mechanism Implemented that lets you get legendaries in time for the content which is tuned around having a legendary. So yes frustrating for now, but in a few months time it won't matter at all. For now legendaries are random bonuses.

If you are in sperate zones, you'll be in your own respective zones. If he travels to you, he'll join you in the zone you were in. If you travel to him, you'll join him in his zone. When both travelling together you'll end up in the zone of whoever loads faster. You can force the zone by breaking up and re-inviting. (At least it seems to work this way.)

Thanks for clearing this up for me. I asked my friend and he didn't know. We'll try it out next time we level together.

Magnus

Knocked out Xavius in a PUG this morning in 3 attempts. Felt good. Bunch of dps making mistakes too, and being low in general.

Makes me wonder how another PUG I was in yesterday wiped like 10 times on Cenarius, which by all rights should be an easier encounter...?

Either way, a little bummed that these PUGs are doing OK while our guild run didn't even clear Cenarius last week. I missed that raid night, though.

Xeteh

Bandaid:

1) Do Mythic Violet Hold as dps. Easy peasy.
2) Search LFG for a boost group for the keystone you just received.
3) Run behind the 4 man boost group that grind enemies to paste.
4) Loot your bonus chests at the end of the run. At least one piece of 845.
5) Loot your grand bonus chest in your order hall after reset. At least one piece of 860.

*845 and 860 are for the lowest keystone level (+2). Do it at +4/+5 for 850 and 865 loot.

I don't know if I'm searching for the right thing but I've never seen a group do this in LFG. I have a key I won't otherwise use so I might as well try but I've had no luck so far.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Search for "carry" in the group name. You'll get a few hits usually. After you sign up, pm the leader your keystone.

-Mikey-

I've read that Locks are in a bad spot right now, so I'm going to level my guy. Grabbed the demo artifact last night and I'm trying to find a breakdown of each spec. Pros, cons and everything in between. I like trying to make specs work when they're clearly under performing.

Xeteh

Search for "carry" in the group name. You'll get a few hits usually. After you sign up, pm the leader your keystone.

I'll try a few times today, hopefully I can get it done.

I've read that Locks are in a bad spot right now, so I'm going to level my guy. Grabbed the demo artifact last night and I'm trying to find a breakdown of each spec. Pros, cons and everything in between. I like trying to make specs work when they're clearly under performing.

Warlocks are getting some buffs come the patch tomorrow but nothing huge. http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/class-guides does a good job of breaking down specs for each class.

Pickman

Oh man... just realized those patch notes released on the 23rd are for a patch that doesn't go in until tomorrow. I pre-emptively switched to Frost DK and was impressed by the dmg output.

So either Frost is about to become god tier dmg, or I'm just really bad at Unholy DK.

Tuesday shall tell.

Lanrutcon

I don't know if I'm searching for the right thing but I've never seen a group do this in LFG. I have a key I won't otherwise use so I might as well try but I've had no luck so far.

W3k23Xi.jpg

Stuff like that.

Mupod

I was really impressed by Unholy's performance in the raid. Funny thing though is the legendary ring (10% chance to activate a rune on ghoul/abom attack) is so effective that during Bloodlust my weakauras gets overloaded/inaccurate and I have to play by feel. Glad I put in the time to practice - been queueing dungeons as DPS and training in ebon hold in between tanking mythics.

AP aside, my Frost artifact is super far behind for relics. Frost/Shadow relics never show up in WQs, but I find Iron/Blood/Fire all the time even though I'm set as Unholy loot spec. And relics don't exist as drops, most of mine are actually hand me downs from my dungeon crew.

Vengal

I was really impressed by Unholy's performance in the raid. Funny thing though is the legendary ring (10% chance to activate a rune on ghoul/abom attack) is so effective that during Bloodlust my weakauras gets overloaded/inaccurate and I have to play by feel. Glad I put in the time to practice - been queueing dungeons as DPS and training in ebon hold in between tanking mythics.

AP aside, my Frost artifact is super far behind for relics. Frost/Shadow relics never show up in WQs, but I find Iron/Blood/Fire all the time even though I'm set as Unholy loot spec. And relics don't exist as drops, most of mine are actually hand me downs from my dungeon crew.

I held off jumping full bore into unholy till last week and the spec just plays better. Good cooldownswhich synergize with lust, better mobility if you spec for it, and other little things like that.

I got lucky week two of the expansion and had a high enough gear level to get 840 frost relics from world quests but haven't seen anymore since then. I get a new 840+ fire relic every week from quests though and I just don't understand how that works.

Pickman

You can farm up a few pretty reliably doing Mythics and just telling your group you need xyz items and to please share.

As for the AP, you can easily get up to 13 or 14 just grinding all the WQ artifact power quests that are available for one day. I got mine up to 15 in 3 days that way.

Mupod

You can farm up a few pretty reliably doing Mythics and just telling your group you need xyz items and to please share.

As for the AP, you can easily get up to 13 or 14 just grinding all the WQ artifact power quests that are available for one day. I got mine up to 15 in 3 days that way.

That's how I get all mine, and a lot of my gear actually (I've recommended doing that at least once on this page). Problem is my group is monk/hunter/paladin/feral and none of them get shadow relics.

AP is a touchy subject for me right now because I screwed up badly on Maw of the Damned. I messed up my initial spec, and I planned to respec to fix it. I had gone two levels without spending any points because I wanted to refund my AP and compltely fix everything, but I didn't want to give up some important traits in the meantime. What I didn't realize was that respec costs were based on how much AP have gained, not how much you've spent. I clicked the button without doing the math and ended up being about 40k short of my goal. So I need to grind that as much as I can ASAP.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cool, my first withered full clear on my WW monk, 2 big chests and 3 mediums, guess I can do it properly now. I still need the bubble buff to kill Dro tho, he hurts too much.

Good thing too because if I am to have a main apparently the monk has passed the hunter not only on gear, but actually on everything, as a friend asked if I wanted to go to EN as mistwalker. Guess its just more versatile than just straight up Hunter who can only dps. Helps that I really like WW at least so I can play both specs.

edit: yay just got the hidden WW skin from that too :D

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think I'm coming around to feeling fine with having multiple alts, after getting my 2nd char to 110 a week or so ago. It's really not a whole lot of "necessary" work if you just want to keep a few dudes at a decent gear level. You don't really need to worry about suramar and a lot of the other seemingly "mandatory" end-game content on anything other than your main. Every other char you can just do whatever floats your boat, just make sure your artifact knowledge work orders are rolling and do world quests that have upgrades. The fact that you can bank a couple of days worth of emissaries is also a boost here (although they don't even matter all that much, since doing them just for legendary drops is asking for disappointment anyway.)

Also: can someone explain to me why waiting for energy regen on a rogue feels so slow and painful, despite the fact that I've been playing a DK main and rune regen isn't that much different?

edit: yay just got the hidden WW skin from that too :D

Lucky! Still haven't got the Blood DK one. I don't even think it looks that cool, I just want to have it because I can. The WW hidden one is dope though, I would totally rock that.

cdyhybrid

I think I'm coming around to feeling fine with having multiple alts, after getting my 2nd char to 110 a week or so ago. It's really not a whole lot of "necessary" work if you just want to keep a few dudes at a decent gear level. You don't really need to worry about suramar and a lot of the other seemingly "mandatory" end-game content on anything other than your main. Every other char you can just do whatever floats your boat, just make sure your artifact knowledge work orders are rolling and do world quests that have upgrades. The fact that you can bank a couple of days worth of emissaries is also a boost here (although they don't even matter all that much, since doing them just for legendary drops is asking for disappointment anyway.)

Also: can someone explain to me why waiting for energy regen on a rogue feels so slow and painful, despite the fact that I've been playing a DK main and rune regen isn't that much different?

Lucky! Still haven't got the Blood DK one. I don't even think it looks that cool, I just want to have it because I can. The WW hidden one is dope though, I would totally rock that.
You need to roll more 6s.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm kind of bummed at myself for not bothering to level my monk during invasions. WW looks pretty dope, and it's a class I haven't played at max level since mists. I like the Brewmaster arti as well.

He's 60-something at the moment and likely going to stay there for quite a while.

Robin64

Got my first Curious Coin in an emissary cache today, after having done them all since launch. Skipped to the vendor and then saw the mount is 150 of them. 150. Long project much?

scy

Damn, I've been searching on NA Horde "boost"/"carry" and I've yet to see a single group show up.

I just checked and there's 10+ up, though probably half are "carry mine" groups instead lol

If you still need people just to run an M+ later tonight, there's probably enough people here on NA Horde side to try and set something up?

Personally, it's because DK Runes and Runic Power build-up feels more like the delay between Rogue finishers (i.e., eventually enough Combo Points to do a thing) rather than your basic button pushing as it is with Rogue. When you're Energy starved on Rogue, you just feel so much more behind I think.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Got my first Curious Coin in an emissary cache today, after having done them all since launch. Skipped to the vendor and then saw the mount is 150 of them. 150. Long project much?

Feels like they have to be bugged or something because the drop rate is insane.

Magnus

As some of you know, there's a staggering amount of music produced for each expansion. Only a fraction of it makes it onto the official soundtrack for each. Patches each contain additional music too that never gets an official release.

Is this stuff available for download and/or purchase anywhere?

Panthers

Hunting for the Demo hidden artifact I accidentally came across the item that starts the Affliction hidden quest. Guess I'll knock that one out. It looks sweet.

Tarazet

It's not even that Demo is underperforming, it's just that there is a huge imbalance between QOL out in the world (read: amazing) and QOL in dungeons and raids that require constant movement and/or target swapping (horrific). When there are other ranged classes like Marks Hunter and Fire Mage that are perfectly fine with switching priority targets, and they can still keep up with you on the patchwerk stuff, it's hard not to feel sleighted.

Fjordson

Question: are world bosses like past expansions where you can just go kill them once a week for loot on your own time? Or do I need a world quest for each specific boss in order to loot them?

Like I got loot from Nithogg, but I was on a world quest to down him (and I know this is easy to test, but I'm at work QQ).

Xeteh

I just checked and there's 10+ up, though probably half are "carry mine" groups instead lol

If you still need people just to run an M+ later tonight, there's probably enough people here on NA Horde side to try and set something up?

Yeah, I'd be down. I'll keep searching but I've yet to see a single group at all.

Anoregon

Question: are world bosses like past expansions where you can just go kill them once a week for loot on your own time? Or do I need a world quest for each specific boss in order to loot them?

Like I got loot from Nithogg, but I was on a world quest to down him (and I know this is easy to test, but I'm at work QQ).

It's kind of a moot point, as the world quest is always going to be up whenever that world boss is up.

Panthers

It's not even that Demo is underperforming, it's just that there is a huge imbalance between QOL out in the world (read: amazing) and QOL in dungeons and raids that require constant movement and/or target swapping (horrific). When there are other ranged classes like Marks Hunter and Fire Mage that are perfectly fine with switching priority targets, and they can still keep up with you on the patchwerk stuff, it's hard not to feel sleighted.

Yea. I'm a Demo Lock and I do well in TEN normal on fights like Ursoc. Other fights like the spider bird I suffer. Still, I do decent compared to other classes, but this buff will be nice.

Prot Warrior hidden artifact is the best I've seen so far. Shame about the class changes *shakes fist.*

I clearly made a mistake rolling a Belf Paladin.

The imbalance between how well Warlocks do in pve versus group content isn't necessarily new though, is it? I didn't play a shitton of Warlock in WoD but I always felt compelled to play Affliction in group content just because of the ramp up time of Demonology and Destruction versus the insta-cast nature of most of Afflictions DoT spells.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh interesting, so they aren't all constantly respawning like say Sha in MoP? Alright, thanks.

well they are, but they always have the WQ attached to them if you havent done it

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
well they are, but they always have the WQ attached to them if you havent done it

To clarify, it's not like Sha/Galleon in MoP where both have random spawn timers that could overlap.

It's one world boss per time period (I think weekly?), and there's 10 separate ones. The boss will still respawn after that, but you can only get 'another' chance at loot if you wanted (or forgot) to use your bonus coin roll and didn't do it the first time.

There's also a weapon skin tied to an achievement for killing 8 out of 10 of these world bosses.

Rhaknar

To clarify, it's not like Sha/Galleon in MoP where both have random spawn timers that could overlap.

It's one world boss per time period (I think weekly?), and there's 10 separate ones. The boss will still respawn after that, but you can only get 'another' chance at loot if you wanted (or forgot) to use your bonus coin roll and didn't do it the first time.

There's also a weapon skin tied to an achievement for killing 8 out of 10 of these world bosses.

a friend of mine JUST told me that there will actually be two world bosses up tomorow (well wednesday for EU) not just one, which goes against everything I had read.

he says he read it on reddit, I dont use reddit, can anyone confirm? He said he read that there will be a max of 3 up at a time, so next week we would have another new and 3 up, and in 2 weeks, nithogg would rotate out for a new one.

Anyone confirm this?

Brokun

Everybody is getting a legendary except me. This design is bullshit.

I found a legendary but nobody else is. Working as designed stop qqing.

Top Bottom