• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Concept17

Current Windwalker is SO much better than it was before the patch. Maybe the low levels makes it boring but it's like 200% more powerful and fun to play now. Give it a chance :p

Maybe I'll put a couple levels in tonight and see how I feel. They certainly wreck everything. I think I was enjoying the previous mechanics more than the new ones. The alternating attacks for best DPS doesn't keep it as fresh IMO.

carlsojo

Still waiting on my optional upright male Orc and brown and Dragonmaw skins.

There should be a whole revamp of the character creation. It wouldn't necessarily mean a change in appearance, but it'd be nice to clarify/select your character's origin/background.

Orcs:
Founder of Orgrimmar - freed by Thrall, cured of demonic influence by the sacrifice of Grom Hellscream (green skin)
Mag'har - reunited with the Horde during the Burning Crusade (brown skin)
Dragonmaw - joined the Horde following the Cataclysm (greyish green skin)
Iron Horde/Frost Wolf - joined following the conclusion of the Draenor Expedition (brown skin)

Undead:
First generation - freed by Sylvanas from the control of the Lich King
Second generation - raised by Sylvanas via Val'kyr

Human:
Grew up in Westfall, Duskwood, Redridge, etc.
Escaped from Theramore before the bomb fell.

Tauren:
Thunder Bluff
Taunka!

Trolls:
Darkspear
Zandalar
Frost, Forest, etc. (even though we kind of committed genocide against nearly every species of Troll except Darkspear.)

I really hate how much they've nerfed shadowform.

My spectral wind rider isn't even invisible and my gear and colors are still clearly visible unless I'm at 100 insanity.

Hate it. It's not even remotely as good as it was before.

Don't think I'll be touching my priest again anytime soon.

strafer

There should be a whole revamp of the character creation. It wouldn't necessarily mean a change in appearance, but it'd be nice to clarify/select your character's origin/background.

Orcs:
Founder of Orgrimmar - freed by Thrall, cured of demonic influence by the sacrifice of Grom Hellscream (green skin)
Iron Horde/Frost Wolf - joined following the conclusion of the Draenor Expedition (brown skin)

Undead:

Human:

Tauren:
Thunder Bluff
Taunka!

Trolls:
Darkspear
Zandalar
Frost, Forest, etc. (even though we kind of committed genocide against nearly every species of Troll except Darkspear.)

Okay, now you have my full attention.

Reading up, Elemental Shaman sounds like fun. Might roll one tonight and see how that goes. thx

Just a word of warning, low-level Shaman has always been kind of boring--you will spend 1-10 just mashing Lightning Bolt overandoverandoverandover--and the Legion re-work didn't really change that. Once you unlock your specs at 10 though, things should get a little more fun. Good news is you start off as an Elemental now rather than the old weird nascent Shaman that sort of had an aspect of each spec with three abilities that didn't gel together at all.

cdyhybrid

Orcs:

Undead:

Human:

Tauren:
Thunder Bluff
Taunka!

Trolls:
Darkspear
Zandalar
That's gonna cost you an expansion.

Orcs:

Undead:

Human:

Tauren:
Thunder Bluff
Taunka!

Trolls:
Darkspear
Zandalar

Yeah absolutely they need to do this, would also like to see the Fel Orcs of BC playable as well.

That's what I'm saying. They spent time revamping models instead of creating content.

Now you want them to do even more models? :p

I mean, WoD was pretty ambitious. The problem was that a lot of the content wasn't exactly in your face. The amount of work that went into making all those treasures and the puzzles to get to them was probably staggering. Add in all the work that went into Garrisons--the most maligned feature of the entire expansion--and it's hard to say character models were the most problematic content in WoD. On top of that I remember hearing that BRF was already complete at launch, they just held off on releasing it, probably because it didn't take long for people to start complaining about the lack of "content" in WoD. Turns out people don't like sitting in their Garrison for hours on end or logging in every few hours to submit work orders...

biaxident

That was refreshing, getting into a TW group that the tank q'd us all for the next 2 since we dominated so much. Finished with PoS, had a few deaths but no wipes. Funny how fun it can be when everyone is competent lol.

Corsick

I'm getting disconnected when trying to enter the Firelands now, I believe it's the infamous wow51900319. Any others experiencing that? it kicks me all the way back to Stormwind. I'm also getting stuck at the loading screen and getting booted back without getting disconnected sometimes as well.

Edit: It's working fine now, I *think*. We'll see.

Milennia

I mean, WoD was pretty ambitious. The problem was that a lot of the content wasn't exactly in your face. The amount of work that went into making all those treasures and the puzzles to get to them was probably staggering. Add in all the work that went into Garrisons--the most maligned feature of the entire expansion--and it's hard to say character models were the most problematic content in WoD. On top of that I remember hearing that BRF was already complete at launch, they just held off on releasing it, probably because it didn't take long for people to start complaining about the lack of "content" in WoD. Turns out people don't like sitting in their Garrison for hours on end or logging in every few hours to submit work orders...

they artificially gated the raids, something they did in mop and are doing again in legion

its a good thing but the last 2 times they did it the timing was off outside of mogushan into hof (the rest were too short, you could have easily killed margok another 3 times max before brf released and been better for it)

but from what i know the timing between EN and NH is from about late sept to january which is pretty good

i hope this game never goes back to cataclysm all in raid launch where you were grinding from the start to finish and could never catch your breath until sinestra died, the breaks are a good thing and they recognized that, they just have to get the timing down, which it seems they will be doing for EN to NH

i hope this game never goes back to cataclysm all in raid launch where you were grinding from the start to finish and could never catch your breath until sinestra died, the breaks are a good thing and they recognized that, they just have to get the timing down, which it seems they will be doing for EN to NH

Which is apparent by the plummeting subscriber counts and decades old guilds calling it quits.

Ashodin

I like how a lot of the changes that are for the better or for the general betterment of the game as a whole come across as "Why did they change this? I HATE IT"

Milennia

Which is apparent by the plummeting subscriber counts and decades old guilds calling it quits.

guilds calling it quits has nothing to do with start of expansion artifical gating what are you even talking about

most of the guilds that died this expansion died on margok before brf even came out and before they killed the boss, meaning before content was even complete

the most prominent guild death in the U.S. was my own guild and we didnt even die due to content we died to officers deciding to go to school and two members joining a professional overwatch team

it was also the only prominent guild death in the world during HFC, BL died on blackhand, also before HFC and its content drought

its obvious changes are being made due to content drought, but it has NOTHING to do with artifical gating, which is a good thing for the game and only takes place at the start of an expansion to give people a chance to gear and get a sufficient amount of farming done for the next instance which is harder and has a larger ilvl requirement, best decision they have made in years coming off of cata launch

you think im speaking of HFCs content drought which was bad yes, 0 redeeming factors, but no, as i mentioned my guild was the only prominent "age old guild" death this tier, more guilds died before HFC and it doesnt have much at all to do with the raiding content itself, because it was all fucking fantastic and this is coming form a pretty prominent raider for years on a world level (wasnt even speaking about HFC, but ima ssuming thats what you were referring to since gated start of an expansion content is a much loved action of theirs)

EU is the strongest its been going into emerald nightmare, the US has the same problems it has had since brf

i know of quite a lot of people whos guilds had died prior to even brf as i mentioned, all prominent at least form a U.S. perspective and they all died for outside reasons, none from the content or how it was laid out, all bullshit drama related issues that had been eating away at them for ages, in fact thats every single one of them.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
welp
looks like arms is shifting towards being a 120 apm spec. really makes me not want to play warrior as a main. i am going to personally hold all the people who complained about the spec being slow responsible.

Strimei

I tried out a few of my alts that I haven't played much since the patch hit (Hunter, Paladin, Shaman, specifically). Gotta admit I'm not entirely enamored with how they've turned out, particularly Hunter. I've been BM for ages but the spec as it is now doesn't entirely sit right for me, and I don't really feel survival and marks working for me either.

Will see how it goes with the artifact in the future, at least. Paladin (Ret) and Shaman (Enh) I can at least get used to but Hunter...eh, dunno. Pity.

Well, least I'm happy with my main (mage), priest, monk, warrior, and rogue.

Man, now I am having doubts boosting a PAL over SHM. All the negativity is getting to me, especially about Ret. .....but Ashbringer :(

You seem more involved in the progression raiding community so I'll take your word for it, I just have had bad experiences in previous expansions with gating mechanics. I suppose just holding off on releasing it is a step up from what they did with places like SWP and ToGC. I still don't understand why they slowly release LFR wings though. With the existence of minimum item level requirements it seems redundant.

Strimei

The rat mount.

That's from the Dalaran underbelly and requires sightless eyes, which are a currency you gain from PVP there (its a PVP free for all area).

The potion line in its description is due to how there are a number of potions washed away down there (at least in WotLK-Dalaran, you can drink some for random effects). Sorry!

biaxident

Tried a few dungeons not taking boulderfist, and wow rockbiter really doesn't feel satisfying in the slightest. Hot hand still made lava lash a wet noodle and seemed to have a low proc rate. Boulderfist is too key to the spec's feel to not use it, plus its just better. Overall I'd say Enhance is awesome to play, above the other melee specs I've tried this patch.

Tried a few dungeons not taking boulderfist, and wow rockbiter really doesn't feel satisfying in the slightest. Hot hand still made lava lash a wet noodle and seemed to have a low proc rate. Boulderfist is too key to the spec's feel to not use it, plus its just better. Overall I'd say Enhance is awesome to play, above the other melee specs I've tried this patch.

Have you been using Hailstorm or Tempest?

Orcs:

Undead:

Human:

Tauren:
Thunder Bluff
Taunka!

Trolls:
Darkspear
Zandalar

Blood elves needs some love too,

Got the Infinite Timereaver while tanking Pit of Saron on my Monk. Pretty cool, didn't even know about this mount.

WyGiSkV.jpg

Top Bottom