• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

erawsd

So... it appears a distressing number of my guild hadn't twigged that Oregorger is so called because he gorges himself on ore, which makes the pronunciation of the name obvious. Without that little nugget, you hear his name pronounced like:

Oggregor
Oregogger
Orgerroar
Orgregar
Oregregarr

It's amazing. I genuinely took a while to figure out what boss they were talking about!

Now that you mention it... I'm pretty sure my GM pronounced it "Oregoger" and so did the rest of us.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Arator the Redeemer (half-elf son of Alleria and Turalyon in Honor Hold) has new, unique voice clips. Hmmm....

Now that you mention it... I'm pretty sure my GM pronounced it "Oregoger" and so did the rest of us.

I got its name right away... but that fight gave my guild so much trouble at first (moving is hard >.>) so I always refered to him as Orefucker instead XD

OmegaSkittle

Neo Member
I am having a hard time deciding what healer class to play in Legion PvE.

I've been raiding as a Disc priest ever since WotLK launch and I really don't like the changes they've made for Legion.

Debating between a Druid or a Shaman. I have both classes at 100 right now, I just need to heal a bunch of random content to get the feel for each.

I just don't know how the artifacts will affect the feel for the classes after some progression.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I am having a hard time deciding what healer class to play in Legion PvE.

I've been raiding as a Disc priest ever since WotLK launch and I really don't like the changes they've made for Legion.

Debating between a Druid or a Shaman. I have both classes at 100 right now, I just need to heal a bunch of random content to get the feel for each.

I just don't know how the artifacts will affect the feel for the classes after some progression.
Aesthetically, I have always enjoyed Shaman heals for their super refreshing aesthetic. Water everywhere.

Holy Paladin seems interesting in Legion. It has you up in the fray.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how do you remove a glyph from a spell?

Robin64

Glyph of Winged Vengeance gives Avenging Wrath 4 wings instead of 2, but if you talent in to replacing Avenging Wrath with Crusade, the glyph won't work. Boo Blizzard, boooo.

OmegaSkittle

Neo Member
Aesthetically, I have always enjoyed Shaman heals for their super refreshing aesthetic. Water everywhere.

Holy Paladin seems interesting in Legion. It has you up in the fray.

That's the reason I am steering away from Holy Paladin. Being up close as a healer seems neat at first, but it severely cuts down situational awareness and you have to possible deal with both ranged and melee mechanics depending on boss fights.

Shahadan

That's the reason I am steering away from Holy Paladin. Being up close as a healer seems neat at first, but it severely cuts down situational awareness and you have to possible deal with both ranged and melee mechanics depending on boss fights.

Why not holy priest then? It's cool for once

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

is there something i'm missing about holy priest? priest slays but holy priest for me is just like, spam heal, spam flash heal, spam prayer of mending...and use your power word heals off cd if you need them. very occasionally use a cooldown (which is also a heal).

OmegaSkittle

Neo Member

I actually haven't tried anything regarding the new Holy spec/changes. Might have to check into that.

As long as its better than the silly Chakra stances/auras. Couldn't get a hang of those as they seemed super clunky.

Shahadan

How is lvling 1-60 at the moment? Might decide to do it and boost it to 100.

Real easy and fast. You won't go very far in a zone before outleveling it and a dungeon will pretty much always give you a level (and unlock a new one) especially if you complete the quests there

My /played for my rogue that I boosted on level 60 and haven't touched since says 11 hours, and a lot of that was just waiting in queue. But I had two heirlooms so...

is there something i'm missing about holy priest? priest slays but holy priest for me is just like, spam heal, spam flash heal, spam prayer of mending...and use your power word heals off cd if you need them. very occasionally use a cooldown (which is also a heal).

I don't know I like it it feels good at the moment, plus wings and shit and a personal naaru to go with the artefact. People generally like it anyway I've seen very few negative comments about it.
I probably won't use it since I want to play disc (even if I'll regret it eventually) and stats wise shadow would be the easier second spec to maintain but I like holy for once.

I came back and I am enjoying heroics, but I don't have the time to focus on raiding. Is LFR an option to experience it, but not worry about the time commitment? I've never used it

Tacitus_

I came back and I am enjoying heroics, but I don't have the time to focus on raiding. Is LFR an option to experience it, but not worry about the time commitment? I've never used it

Eh, depends on how you define experiencing it. LFR is matchmaking with faceroll difficulty (not that it stops droolers from wiping your raid every now and then). But you'll see what the fights look like and what the bosses say.

Dugna

Expensive? arent they like 500 a pop?

500g per piece, but then 1kg 1.2kg to upgrade them to lvl 90 and then more to upgrade them further. So a full set of BoA for a lvling char would cost around 20-25k

You can avoid the gold costs if you just buy the upgrade items with holiday resources or things like the ToC dailies currency to just buy the normal BoA and avoid spending 500g per piece...but that takes longer.

Robin64

Upgrading heirlooms past 90 is pointless because a) you don't need the exp bonus, just use bonus areas and b) crafted gear is better.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm willing to bet some sort of money that Supremacy for Demo is eventually changed not to fuck Demonology out of their two big CDs and upgrade demons again instead when they have the new models for them. As well as changing a Fel Guard into a Fel Lord
b5724aabe092b027b4abde3ac2592de6.png

and the Darkglare back into an Inquisitor.

It's amazing how far backwards the 'big CD pet summon talent' has gotten. From a Dreadlord to an Inquisitor to a fake Beyonder. Downgrade every time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Warrior is quickly winning the lowbie race of "who gets the 100 boost at 60" vs the druid and rogue (actually the rogue isnt even in contention atm), Fury is just way too much fun

Sajjaja

So I went and I checked it out. Might be some sort of quest for the Alliance or something to root out people who are hiding who want the Legion to come back.

I'm wondering if there's a Horde equivalent.

Here's the screencaps. Very interesting.

0xJtHMz.jpg

7wJ7vOi.jpg

op8PuJ6.jpg

Qf6Z02F.jpg
I'm also curious as to if it has anything to do with the Twilight Grove since that was updated this patch too. Thanks for checking it out since I couldn't.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The nice thing about Warlocks right now is Affliction and Demonology have almost the exact same stat priority. So gear switching's not a problem with Destro being the outlier.

SolVanderlyn

I played Holy Pally in BC, Feral Druid in Wrath, Prot Warrior in Cata, Holy Priest in Pandaria, and Prot Pally in WoD. For Legion, I'm torn between

Frost DK
Frost/Fire Mage
Prot/Holy Paladin
Demon Hunter tank spec (forget the name)
Fury/Prot Warrior

I REALLY want to like Shaman... but I just... don't.

ampere

The nice thing about Warlocks right now is Affliction and Demonology have almost the exact same stat priority. So gear switching's not a problem with Destro being the outlier.

Still have to deal with artifact relics, but otherwise that's def convenient

Rhaknar

helped a lvl 98 Lock kill a 100 elite elephant earlier in Nagrand while lvling my mage and got this. Its kinda cool

had no idea he dropped a mount, thats a easy mount to get I guess

ampere

helped a lvl 98 Lock kill a 100 elite elephant earlier in Nagrand while lvling my mage and got this. Its kinda cool

had no idea he dropped a mount, thats a easy mount to get I guess

Grats.

It's one of the 7 mobs in Draenor that drops mounts, but everyone who helped gets one.

I guess with new personal loot, all world mobs that drop mounts are like this now though

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Grats.

It's one of the 7 mobs in Draenor that drops mounts, but everyone who helped gets one.

I guess with new personal loot, all world mobs that drop mounts are like this now though

Yeah, I got Garn Nighthowl in a 40 man raid yesterday

rip people who thought the value would go up with CRZ competition

How do things work in regards to jumping between specs and artifacts? Do you have to "level" each one individually or are the "levels" (sorry, don't know the real terms) shared?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How do things work in regards to jumping between specs and artifacts? Do you have to "level" each one individually or are the "levels" (sorry, don't know the real terms) shared?

You level each individually, but as you level your 'main' one, you get books through your Class Hall that makes it easier to keep your other artifacts leveled slightly behind them

I'm kind of curious what Affliction Warlocks are going to look like with a fully geared Artifact compared to Shadow Priests with a fully geared Artifact and Surrender to Madness. I know both specs were doing very well in PVP, but S2M seems like such a huge gamechanger in a PVE environment.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So I'm new to pretty much to all this content. What are artifacts?

it's your spec's weapon that you'll be using throughout all of Legion. Your end game is leveling your artifact up rather than yourself. Each artifact comes with a major ability that is usuallyl on a 45sec-1minute cooldown that plays into your rotation and then a lot of passives ranging from simply increasing damage ot things like the Destro lock Rain of Fire proccing summoning infernals. They have customizable skins that are unlocked through things like questlines, raiding, PVP, and crafting.

You level each individually, but as you level your 'main' one, you get books through your Class Hall that makes it easier to keep your other artifacts leveled slightly behind them
Thanks! That makes me less nervous about switching specs when Legion starts and then wanting to go back to Frost.

Robin64

Yeah, I got Garn Nighthowl in a 40 man raid yesterday

rip people who thought the value would go up with CRZ competition

Had some guy in General asking for people to help him kill it, so myself and a pal flew over to where he was and asked for an invite.

"sorry, full"

There was nobody else around.

"Full?" I asked.

"yeah got 5"

gl hf

Top Bottom