• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Sajjaja

I'm a level 28 rogue in Duskwood and I just got 1 shotted by Veiled Fanatics in the Inn looking building in Raven Hill, Duskwood. They seem to have just been added in this patch....what are they doing there?

Tarazet

Checked off Drake of the North Wind, so I never have to go bother Altairus or go to the Vortex Pinnacle whatsoever any longer.

Ark

Got the Infinite Timereaver while tanking Pit of Saron on my Monk. Pretty cool, didn't even know about this mount.

WyGiSkV.jpg

Ahhhhh I'm jealous as fuck. I haven't even seen the Timereaver drop for someone else, and I want it so badly :(

MMaRsu

Leveled up to 95, did a few raids/dungeons solo, now I dont have to use those 16 slot bags anymore ^_^. Picked up Onyxias bag and 2 others with 20 or 22 slots :D.

Now I need to continue my quest for more gold and mounts, still scraping by haha. Selling all the useless gear from those dungeons certainly helps

Milennia

Leveled up to 95, did a few raids/dungeons solo, now I dont have to use those 16 slot bags anymore ^_^. Picked up Onyxias bag and 2 others with 20 or 22 slots :D.

Now I need to continue my quest for more gold and mounts, still scraping by haha. Selling all the useless gear from those dungeons certainly helps

when you hit max you can do all of the cata raids on 25m heroic for some easy gold, even though they nerfed the raw gold amount you get per boss its still like an easy 5k a week or so

when you hit max you can do all of the cata raids on 25m heroic for some easy gold, even though they nerfed the raw gold amount you get per boss its still like an easy 5k a week or so

That sounds about right. I did Firelands, BoT, BWD, and ToFW for about 3.5k gold. Some of them are a pain in the ass (Firelands) but for the most part they are a joke and give some decent Transmogs and Gold.

Ashodin

So I went and I checked it out. Might be some sort of quest for the Alliance or something to root out people who are hiding who want the Legion to come back.

I'm wondering if there's a Horde equivalent.

Here's the screencaps. Very interesting.

0xJtHMz.jpg

7wJ7vOi.jpg

op8PuJ6.jpg

Qf6Z02F.jpg

Naito

Hello guys, so I haven't played wow for 8 years and I was thinking to resub for Legion.
I used to play Rogue, with a dots build, but with the years I started to appreciate to stay at range!

I was thinking of rolling a Hunter MM, but I have no experience with that class at all :D
Would you recommend another pick? I'm not really feeling going melee and I don't enjoy casters…

Second question would be, if I do the lvl100 lvlup thinghy that is attached to a Legion's purchase,
I guess the character won't have any professions or mounts right? :/

Hello guys, so I haven't played wow for 8 years and I was thinking to resub for Legion.
I used to play Rogue, with a dots build, but with the years I started to appreciate to stay at range!

I was thinking of rolling a Hunter MM, but I have no experience with that class at all :D
Would you recommend another pick? I'm not really feeling going melee and I don't enjoy casters…

Second question would be, if I do the lvl100 lvlup thinghy that is attached to a Legion's purchase,

DoTs and Range? Affliction Warlock.

I hear Fire Mages are a lot of fun too.

Yoday

Oh man, the first episode of The Tomb of Sargeras was great. It feels so damn good to finally be back to meaningful story progression.

Lanrutcon

My son, if you want to DoT things I have the perfect class for you.

Affliction Warlocks. You want DoTs? We got DoTs. We got DoTs and demons and more DoTs and sharp sticks and goddamn shields for days.

Shahadan

Mounts are tied to the account now so all your characters will have mounts regardless. (edit: Unless you deleted your old account or something and this would be your first character)
Boosted characters don't get profession advantage unless they were lvl 60 before the boost, in that case the professions are upgraded to the maximum.

Also Melee classes got new animations and feel better than ever so try it :p

Shahadan

Also I believe class trials are in now? They're kinda shitty from what I've seen but it's still useful to try classes before boosting.

Robin64

Also I believe class trials are in now? They're kinda shitty from what I've seen but it's still useful to try classes before boosting.

Really? The class trials on beta took place on an airship floating over the Broken Shore, before being interrupted by demons and having to go down to fight. I wouldn't expect that to be in until the Invasions begin.

Shahadan

Really? The class trials on beta took place on an airship floating over the Broken Shore, before being interrupted by demons and having to go down to fight. I wouldn't expect that to be in until the Invasions begin.

Oh right I thought they went live with the prepatch. Nevermind then

Naito

Nice to know about class trials.
Main issue I see is that it would be a new account, so no mounts, no professions, nothing at all… :D

Lanrutcon

Main issue I see is that it would be a new account, so no mounts, no professions, nothing at all… :D

So getting mounts is easy. There are loads you can buy for minor amounts the moment you're boosted. Getting quality (cool looking) mounts takes a bit of effort. Don't stress about getting around.

Professions now have "catch up" mechanics that you can use to level them rapidly. Bear in mind you only need 300 of a profession to get started in Legion. You do not need max (700).

The boost does give you gear, btw. So you can start playing immediately.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So getting mounts is easy. There are loads you can buy for minor amounts the moment you're boosted. Getting quality (cool looking) mounts takes a bit of effort. Don't stress about getting around.

Professions now have "catch up" mechanics that you can use to level them rapidly. Bear in mind you only need 300 of a profession to get started in Legion. You do not need max (700).

The boost does give you gear, btw. So you can start playing immediately.

You don't even need 300 to do legion recipes right. You can start at level 1 and get to 800 fairly quick with JUST legion recipes.

Shahadan

Why do people get rid of their old account :lol:

Anyway if you're EU you can add my battletag I'll be happy to help

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you cant actually "force" tailoring lvling because all the shit uses hexweave cloth, and its BOP, thats bullshit :/

Robin64

I was only able to get to 640 Engineering with ores, and then need Gearspring things for everything above that. (unless I missed something obvious which I often do)

Lanrutcon

Blacksmithing doesn't. You can craft to 700 with ores alone. Same with Alchemy.

I'm confused.

If you just want to level, every profession has stuff you can make without the prime (capped daily) resource. Tailoring can make stuff using furs.

If you want to craft good shit, then every profession is capped with a daily resource.

Naito

Why do people get rid of their old account :lol:

Anyway if you're EU you can add my battletag I'll be happy to help

Ah, well I never thought I would be back, especially after 8 years…!
Ok, very kind of you – I will get in touch in case.

I'm a little overwhelmed by all things I have missed in between, but perhaps
I should not consider them at all: it's not like I expect to get into raiding
or play "competitively" again. I'm just looking for a solid mmo experience,
not too stressful, not too demanding. A good, perhaps short, enjoyable time with wow :D

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So I just hit 90, is it worth spending as much money as possible on heirlooms or should i suck it up and just level like a normal person?

I probably can't buy that many, maybe 2 or 3 max.

Kain

So I just hit 90, is it worth spending as much money as possible on heirlooms or should i suck it up and just level like a normal person?

I probably can't buy that many, maybe 2 or 3 max.

Leveling in Draenor is insanely fast. I leveled from 90 to 99 in a week playing an hour a day or so without any boost or heirloom.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
All WoD professions work like that. Legion does not.

I just leveld enchanting by just buying temporal crystals from the AH so not all

engineering on mah hunter is tho >_>

Leveling in Draenor is insanely fast. I leveled from 90 to 99 in a week playing an hour a day or so without any boost or heirloom.

Yea it's stupid fast. Skip any inconvenient quests and do as many Bonus Objectives as possible because they give like 70k-120k exp as a reward, plus the exp from whatever you kill.

M.D

Uh... Why? How? We have like 18 buttons.

They're dull as fuck.

I am doing hierloom dungeon runs and got to 60 within 3 days so maybe getting all the skills so fast is overwhelming, but the amount of keys that actually need to be used while tanking seems way higher than my Druid and even my Hunter before they took out a bunch of spells from him

mclem

So... it appears a distressing number of my guild hadn't twigged that Oregorger is so called because he gorges himself on ore, which makes the pronunciation of the name obvious. Without that little nugget, you hear his name pronounced like:

Oggregor
Oregogger
Orgerroar
Orgregar
Oregregarr

It's amazing. I genuinely took a while to figure out what boss they were talking about!

I'm a newly returned player, and just finished leveling a mage up to 100. I went Frost the whole way, and found it fairly effective, never felt weak at all, was having fun. After the pre-patch, I noticed that basic mobs in Draenor started to take much longer to kill unless I pop Mirror Image or other cool downs. In comparison to my insta-100 Prot pally that I made with my Legion pre-order, I feel REALLY weak -- the pally kills basic mobs with 2-5 button clicks, and basically cannot die even when fighting elites or 6+ mobs.

I was planning on going through Legion with my mage first, because it's the "class fantasy" I enjoy more... Plus, the mage has maxed out Tailoring, Enchanting, Archaeology, Fishing, Cooking, and First Aid :p But being squishy and having mediocre damage is kinda turning me off. Any Frost mages have any advice?

Also, I really miss that Blink momentum glyph :(

Shahadan

95% of people on french realms constantly refer to their raid "rooster" and that they "loose" in battlegrounds.

Drives me fucking crazy. They don't even listen.

Shahadan

I'm a newly returned player, and just finished leveling a mage up to 100. I went Frost the whole way, and found it fairly effective, never felt weak at all, was having fun. After the pre-patch, I noticed that basic mobs in Draenor started to take much longer to kill unless I pop Mirror Image or other cool downs. In comparison to my insta-100 Prot pally that I made with my Legion pre-order, I feel REALLY weak -- the pally kills basic mobs with 2-5 button clicks, and basically cannot die even when fighting elites or 6+ mobs.

I was planning on going through Legion with my mage first, because it's the "class fantasy" I enjoy more... Plus, the mage has maxed out Tailoring, Enchanting, Archaeology, Fishing, Cooking, and First Aid :p But being squishy and having mediocre damage is kinda turning me off. Any Frost mages have any advice?

Also, I really miss that Blink momentum glyph :(

Frost is apparently bad for now so either try Fire (it's fun and effective) or hope for a balancing fix later.
Or Arcane :p

Robin64

Frost was one of the few Artifact acquisition questlines I really had a hard time with, felt like everything was taking forever and died too often. Though to be fair, I don't play frost and was probably just being bad.

Top Bottom