• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
but I don't really like luck based damage.. It's not on vanilla seal of command levels at least.

You mean Vanilla Enhance "auto attack doing shit damage and pray for a windfury proc" method of class design wasn't the pinnacle of WoW? Blasphemy.

Rizzi

You mean Vanilla Enhance "auto attack doing shit damage and pray for a windfury proc" method of class design wasn't the pinnacle of WoW? Blasphemy.

I mean uh.. Vanilla was totally the greatest design ever, and wasn't at all broken in multiple ways. Totally.

I just started my very first character (Retribution Paladin) 2 weeks ago. I started running dungeons and I find that my toon is just so damn slow. By the time I get caught up to the group they are pretty much done killing whatever needed the killing. I am at level 37 and really want to move faster. I saw something on the internet called Pursuit of Justice (passive Talent) but I cannot find any info on how to get it. I also read there is a walk/run toggle so maybe I am just walking everywhere?

There is sooooooo much to learn for a new player it is kind of overwhelming, which is great tbh. Thus this may be a really stupid thing to ask.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
When you move, is your character actually doing a running animation or does he look like he's walking? Regardless of speed, I mean. The walk toggle is a deliberately slow walk animation that you can't really confuse for running, so if you have that turned on you would probably know.

Panthers

I just started my very first character (Retribution Paladin) 2 weeks ago. I started running dungeons and I find that my toon is just so damn slow. By the time I get caught up to the group they are pretty much done killing whatever needed the killing. I am at level 37 and really want to move faster. I saw something on the internet called Pursuit of Justice (passive Talent) but I cannot find any info on how to get it. I also read there is a walk/run toggle so maybe I am just walking everywhere?

There is sooooooo much to learn for a new player it is kind of overwhelming, which is great tbh. Thus this may be a really stupid thing to ask.

I can't remember when paladins get a speed boost but i am pretty sure it's in the later levels now. I don't believe they have Pursuit of Justice anymore.

I would suggest joining a leveling guild and talk to a few people. Maybe try to run some dungeons with them. It's always more fun and easy going that way.

When you move, is your character actually doing a running animation or does he look like he's walking? Regardless of speed, I mean. The walk toggle is a deliberately slow walk animation that you can't really confuse for running, so if you have that turned on you would probably know.

Yeah, it looks like I am running and it is not deliberately slow. So walking probably isn't the problem.

I can't remember when paladins get a speed boost but i am pretty sure it's in the later levels now. I don't believe they have Pursuit of Justice anymore.

I would suggest joining a leveling guild and talk to a few people. Maybe try to run some dungeons with them. It's always more fun and easy going that way.

I believe the boost is just when riding a pet. I have thought about joining a guild but I feel I would just slow the group down. I got kicked out of my group on my 2nd dungeon try because I kept dying and being sent to the beginning of the level. From that experience, I just do the LFG provided by Blizz in-game and if I get stuck I just leave.

Anoregon

I have thought about joining a guild but I feel I would just slow the group down. I got kicked out of my group on my 2nd dungeon try because I kept dying and being sent to the beginning of the level. From that experience, I just do the LFG provided by Blizz in-game and if I get stuck I just leave.

Two pieces of advise for this:

Guilds are pretty frequently just for social purposes, you wouldn't need to feel obligated to actually do dungeons with people in your guild. Since you are new it might be a good idea to join one just so you can ask questions in guild chat. Actual new players aren't terribly common and I doubt you'd experience much trouble asking folks for advice.

As for when you die in a group - a lot of times you shouldn't release. It can be better to wait for someone in your group to rez you (after the current fight ends) if releasing would be a long walk back.

Two pieces of advise for this:

Guilds are pretty frequently just for social purposes, you wouldn't need to feel obligated to actually do dungeons with people in your guild. Since you are new it might be a good idea to join one just so you can ask questions in guild chat. Actual new players aren't terribly common and I doubt you'd experience much trouble asking folks for advice.

As for when you die in a group - a lot of times you shouldn't release. It can be better to wait for someone in your group to rez you (after the current fight ends) if releasing would be a long walk back.
Thank you for this bit of info. Do most classes have a spell to do this? I see my paladin does but I wasn't sure if this was only specific to the class I chose.

ampere

Thank you for this bit of info. Do most classes have a spell to do this? I see my paladin does but I wasn't sure if this was only specific to the class I chose.

All classes that can heal have an out of combat res spell, and Death Knights, Warlocks and Druids have in combat res spells with a 10 minute cooldown.

Ret Paladins are simply slow. In WoD they used to have two mobility talents at 15 (one an actived ability with a sizable cooldown and the other [Pursuit of Justice] was a passive that tied movement speed boosts to how much Holy Power you currently had), but the talents of every class have been significantly reworked in Legion. Now you don't get a movement speed talent until 90. It's fucking stupid.

Jag

Need some opinions on a Mog. Tried for a Dark Ranger, but it turned into a slut mog. May go green/foresty to fit with the Legion Hunter theme.

Currently running a flaming suit. Tons of fire animation which is kind of cool.
UMWb.png

My PvP set is the Marshal gear only because I spent months in BGs back in the day when you couldn't stop PvPing or lose ranks.
XMWb.png

My first attempt at the Dark Ranger, but way too slut moggy and I cannot find a decent mail black cowl. The eyepatch doesn't cut it.
ZMWb.png

This is what I think I'm going with. Not black, but close enough
aNWb.png

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
does anyone kinda feel like playing WoW is a bit worthless right now with legion right around the corner?

I made an Onyxia tribute Xmog if anyone cares to judge

Unfortunately, it came out slutty. But they were the only pants I had.

I used the purple BC judgement spaulders as a tribute to my favourite T2 set that I used to wear while raiding Onyxia in vanilla. The best of times.

does anyone kinda feel like playing WoW is a bit worthless right now with legion right around the corner?

The Demon Invasions are gonna be totally worthwhile.

Lanrutcon

Watched a summary of the new Legion mounts.

So many good ones. Giant rat mount? sleek fox mount? armored wartortle mount? I'm down.

manhack

This is the same lull before any expansion. Transmog is just what people farm to fill in the void. There's really nothing going on otherwise.

I havent played since a month after WoD came out so it is a lot of fun to try out class changes and prep for legion, but I can already tell why those who have been playing are burned out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I will level a Demon Hunter, get what I need from the Demonic Invasions on my warlock and once again, take a break until the next content.

Ret Paladins are simply slow. In WoD they used to have two mobility talents at 15 (one an actived ability with a sizable cooldown and the other [Pursuit of Justice] was tied movement speed boosts to how much Holy Power you currently had), but the talents of every class have been significantly reworked in Legion. Now you don't get a movement speed talent until 90. It's fucking stupid.
What classes work best then if I am looking to be a quick footed, damage dealer? (Ranged or melee, doesn't matter.) I don't mind starting a new character, especially now that I understand some of nuances of the game better. I'd like to have at least 1 character at lvl 100 before the new expansion drops.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What classes work best then if I am looking to be a quick footed, damage dealer? (Ranged or melee, doesn't matter.) I don't mind starting a new character, especially now that I understand some of nuances of the game better. I'd like to have at least 1 character at lvl 100 before the new expansion drops.

Monk is your best bet until Demon Hunter launches.

Shahadan

Monk is cool.
Demon Hunter as well, but first you need a lvl 70 character.

Robin64

Shahadan

If I buy this

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/world-of-warcraft-legion-pc-standard

Can I play as a DH next week or would I have to wait?

You'll have to wait since they won't give you the code for now.

It totally depends on how they get their keys. I mean, it says "Pre-Order - Key will be available on or before 30th August 2016". So do they get their keys from retail copies and send them out that way? Because as far as I know, only Blizzard can sell you a digital version to add to your account right now.

They did sell a version before with a code sent immediately but no longer in stock. (edit: looks like they have it in stock nowadays actually)
You can see this by the user reviews. If they aren't there, codes aren't being sent until closer to launch when they have them.

Shaman is looking great in Legion. It's got ranged DPS, Melee DPS, a super strong healing spec and you get wolf-spirit form at 16 (I think) which makes keeping up with the go-go-go pace of low leveling dungeons easier.

Druids are also highly mobile with travel and cat form and can do literally everything. Melee, range, tank and heal. Windwalker monks were super fun in WoD and supposed to be really strong in Legion, they've also got some great mobility but it's more limited than Druids and Shamans. Brewmaster sounds like it's in a rough spot and I dunno much about where Mistweaver is, but if DPS is all you care about then Windwalker is probably a solid choice too.

Warriors are a pretty solid choice as well but your mobility is tied to mob proximity at lower levels. Shit gets ridiculous once you get Heroic Leap at 26.

Also consider engineering as a profession, if you level it while playing you can get to tinkers at...I forget which skill level exactly, I want to say in the 400's? Eventually you can create things like re-usable rocket boosts for your belt, parachutes or gliders from your cloaks. You can get a lot of added mobility things with engineering. Although some people might find genuinely leveling enginnering the oldschool way too tedious.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I was reading my Chronicles book last night, and I just now realized how much of that stuff ties into Legion. Halls of Valor especially.

I'd kill for a Black Empire CoT instance.

Concept17

Dropped back into the game a little over a month ago now (after not having played since BC), and have happily developed Alt-itis. It's super fun jumping between characters getting to know each of them, and exploring all the specs/animations. I would like to get at least one of them as high as possible for the xpac, but I can't decide, I enjoy them all. =(

I have:

66 Monk - mostly been doing WW, but the recent update made me lose a little interest, haven't explored the other specs since the update
59 DK - Barely played obviously, but it's an option. I love the aesthetic of the class, but the abilities feel like you're just spamming shit? Maybe that changes later on.
54 Druid - I love Balance. Very strong in BG, and works well enough burning through dungeons. Resto is also great. Cat/Bear are alright, but they always just make me want to play a real tank/dps class instead.
44 Hunter - BM is pretty fun. MM is garbage. Surv is okay, but feels like a watered down melee class. Great in BG.
44 Rogue - Outlaw is pretty fun. Animations are great. Haven't really explored the other 2 specs. Going to try out some pvp for this as I haven't yet.
25 Shaman - Really my last choice because it used to be my go-to class, but now just isn't fun, regardless of spec. I really want Elemental to be fun, but I'm just not feeling it. :(
I still want to try out a Priest, lol.

Any insight into any of these going forward to 100 - 110 content? I prefer PvP over say Raids, so there's that. I'm torn as I don't know how much each class will change at higher levels. I know the Artifacts play a big role, but no idea between those and where I'm at now.

Shahadan

Dropped back into the game a little over a month ago now (after not having played since BC), and have happily developed Alt-itis. It's super fun jumping between characters getting to know each of them, and exploring all the specs/animations. I would like to get at least one of them as high as possible for the xpac, but I can't decide, I enjoy them all. =(

I have:

66 Monk - mostly been doing WW, but the recent update made me lose a little interest, haven't explored the other specs since the update
59 DK - Barely played obviously, but it's an option. I love the aesthetic of the class, but the abilities feel like you're just spamming shit? Maybe that changes later on.
54 Druid - I love Balance. Very strong in BG, and works well enough burning through dungeons. Resto is also great. Cat/Bear are alright, but they always just make me want to play a real tank/dps class instead.
44 Hunter - BM is pretty fun. MM is garbage. Surv is okay, but feels like a watered down melee class. Great in BG.
44 Rogue - Outlaw is pretty fun. Animations are great. Haven't really explored the other 2 specs. Going to try out some pvp for this as I haven't yet.
25 Shaman - Really my last choice because it used to be my go-to class, but now just isn't fun, regardless of spec. I really want Elemental to be fun, but I'm just not feeling it. :(
I still want to try out a Priest, lol.

Any insight into any of these going forward to 100 - 110 content? I prefer PvP over say Raids, so there's that. I'm torn as I don't know how much each class will change at higher levels. I know the Artifacts play a big role, but no idea between those and where I'm at now.

Current Windwalker is SO much better than it was before the patch. Maybe the low levels makes it boring but it's like 200% more powerful and fun to play now. Give it a chance :p

Ark

Just tanked two mythics for the first time in months and everyone got an heirloom trinket except for me :(

That said, I did get the Azure drake on my first try today, so there's that.

Shaman is looking great in Legion. It's got ranged DPS, Melee DPS, a super strong healing spec and you get wolf-spirit form at 16 (I think) which makes keeping up with the go-go-go pace of low leveling dungeons easier.

Druids are also highly mobile with travel and cat form and can do literally everything. Melee, range, tank and heal. Windwalker monks were super fun in WoD and supposed to be really strong in Legion, they've also got some great mobility but it's more limited than Druids and Shamans. Brewmaster sounds like it's in a rough spot and I dunno much about where Mistweaver is, but if DPS is all you care about then Windwalker is probably a solid choice too.

Warriors are a pretty solid choice as well but your mobility is tied to mob proximity at lower levels. Shit gets ridiculous once you get Heroic Leap at 26.

Also consider engineering as a profession, if you level it while playing you can get to tinkers at...I forget which skill level exactly, I want to say in the 400's? Eventually you can create things like re-usable rocket boosts for your belt, parachutes or gliders from your cloaks. You can get a lot of added mobility things with engineering. Although some people might find genuinely leveling enginnering the oldschool way too tedious.
Reading up, Elemental Shaman sounds like fun. Might roll one tonight and see how that goes. thx

Top Bottom