• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Tenebrous

I seriously think a lot of the Warrior complaints come down to Ignore Pain topping healing logs. I'll get logs for my guild in a moment & compare between the two tanks.

The Warriors don't like it because instead of nerfing the one broken skill they nerfed everything.

Which lowers the skill gap of the class & results in the "right" talents almost certainly becoming boring ones. I mean, I'm probably going to drop Vengeance for Booming Voice... Sure, toggling between FR & IP wasn't rocket science, but it was something I had to do to maximize my output.

Don't care about balancing patches - Just not ones that make the class I've played for almost a decade (even) less fun than it currently is.

Tarazet

You realize Warriors have limited self healing that only goes off when they kill an enemy, right?

Ignore Pain shows up in Recount/Skada/Details as well.

In our raid the Blood DK was the #1 healer throughout the entirety of the encounter.

Tenebrous

It doesn't. You are looking at the numbers wrong or your healers are messing up.

On our Xavius heroic kill, I did 155m healing (90th % for iLvl)/342k HPS. In second place, our holy paladin did 111m.
On our Cenarius heroic kill, I did 123m healing (92th % for iLvL)/288k HPS. In second place, our resto druid did 113m.

M.D

What are the Xe'ra quests locked behind? I watched the birth of Illidan and got no new quests since, but on my DH it led me all the way up to the raid quest before it actually opened

Finally hit level 800 leatherworking.

I got to 793 leatherworking without too much extra effort and doing WQs for the Blood of Sargeras but at 793 I got a bad streak of about 5 belts made without a level up. Last night I got the rank 3 pattern for one that doesn't take Blood of Sargeras to make (takes 110 leather instead).

So today I decided I'd try to farm some and see how that goes. Took me around 2,300 leathers farmed to go from 793 to 800. But now I only have a single Blood of Sargeras so 24 more needed to get the mount and then I can swap over to Blacksmithing and get that level 800 mount.

Ugh.

Tenebrous

You're not actually healing though.

True.

Wish they'd just tone down Ignore Pain, let us keep our current rage generation, increase the cost of Shield Block to 20, and make us more tanky passively... Have you seen how much damage we take without IP up?! Shit is scary.

Xeteh

I got to 793 leatherworking without too much extra effort and doing WQs for the Blood of Sargeras but at 793 I got a bad streak of about 5 belts made without a level up. Last night I got the rank 3 pattern for one that doesn't take Blood of Sargeras to make (takes 110 leather instead).

So today I decided I'd try to farm some and see how that goes. Took me around 2,300 leathers farmed to go from 793 to 800. But now I only have a single Blood of Sargeras so 24 more needed to get the mount and then I can swap over to Blacksmithing and get that level 800 mount.

Ugh.

Yeah, I'm sitting at 791 Leatherworking and I'm way too lazy.

Ugh.

A lot of profession mounts are tied to you currently having the profession and having it at a certain level. For example enginners can only use flying machines at 300, tailors can only use flying carpets at 300 and, for some absurd reason, creeping carpets require an even higher level of tailoring.

If you're just collecting mounts and don't care about using them, by all means abandon Leatherworking, but if you do want to use the profession mounts just verify that you don't require the profession and it being a certain level. It would suck to have to grind LW back up to 800 just to use the profession mount.

A lot of profession mounts are tied to you currently having the profession and having it at a certain level. For example enginners can only use flying machines at 300, tailors can only use flying carpets at 300 and, for some absurd reason, creeping carpets require an even higher level of tailoring.

If you're just collecting mounts and don't care about using them, by all means abandon Leatherworking, but if you do want to use the profession mounts just verify that you don't require the profession and it being a certain level. It would suck to have to grind LW back up to 800 just to use the profession mount.

Yeah, don't care about using the mount. It looks boring. Just adding it to the collection. I've already earned and swapped between all the pre-Legion profession mounts but since they added more that require max level in the professions I'm going back through them.

The leatherworking mount puts me up to 270. I need to start sorting out where I expect to get my last 30.

Xeteh

Damn, I'm at 108 mounts as far as the achievement is concerned and I can't be assed to grind out all the reps required for most of them.

Damn, I'm at 108 mounts as far as the achievement is concerned and I can't be assed to grind out all the reps required for most of them.

That reminds me I need to grind out the last 3,000 Saberstalker claws.

Reps really aren't too bad, especially if you just take them a bit slowly and do them in portions. I also did all the Draenor reps last week by buying Medallions of the Legion to level them up. That put me at around 71 exalted reps. No more rep mounts to worry about at this time.

Unfortunately I can't really grind for too many aside from those related to gold. I've got about a dozen I try to get from rare drops each week but that's obviously not reliable. I'm saving up for the 120k gold mount from MoP since I never got that and I've never broken 100k gold (around 80k gold again right now). I think the cheapest mount I could pay for right now is the 50k gold+5k apexis mount from WoD but I'd rather get the Traveler's Tundra first.

Strimei

I really hope Blizzard makes the reputation tokens you get BoA at some point soon, particularly Nightfallen.

I have zero need for these from the withered army scenario now on my main.

Tarazet

I really hope Blizzard makes the reputation tokens you get BoA at some point soon, particularly Nightfallen.

I have zero need for these from the withered army scenario now on my main.

You still get gold, a piece of gear, and a chance at a mount, plus it's easy and fun once you have the upgrades. I'm sure I'll be running Zombie Lemmings at least until I have the fox.

Sölf

Now, this Darkheart Ticket +10 run really reminds me of TBC heroics. I would love if there was an Affix that just buffs shit up or gives buffs like "Takes 90% reduced damage from AoE effects" or "immune to interrupt" but adds ~10-20 minutes on the timer, so CC would actually be encouraged. Maybe someting like this comes in the future. I mean, there is room for more affixes, so why not something like that?

Strimei

You still get gold, a piece of gear, and a chance at a mount, plus it's easy and fun once you have the upgrades. I'm sure I'll be running Zombie Lemmings at least until I have the fox.

Oh, I know, I'm not complaining about running it. I have zero problems with it now, though I had a bit of a near disaster earlier as I fell off the webbing in the central area and then, as luck would have it, Dro decided to spawn. But the shield buff given by Thalyssra saved me and my withered killed him off.

I'm just thinking these rep tokens would be of greater help to my monk and other alts.

Ark

Got my prot warrior hidden artifact today! :D

Also did a bunch of mythic+ and saw nothing but necks and rings drop. Still sat at 850 ilvl.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I do like that the Hunter class hall has the woman tell you that 'We don't fight for fame, riches, or glory'

My hunter is a Goblin, lady. That is exactly why he fights.

True.

Wish they'd just tone down Ignore Pain, let us keep our current rage generation, increase the cost of Shield Block to 20, and make us more tanky passively... Have you seen how much damage we take without IP up?! Shit is scary.

That scary amount is how much my Blood DK takes normally. Warirors have the best defensive tool kit as far as I know, and it makes them the preferred tanks for just about any progression content.

CHC

Hati has gone too far.

untitled58xe9.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really, really hope all the Artifact Appearance unlocks carry over as transmog options in the next game. It's part of why I'm levelign all my alts.

Do not take my Brewmaster staff away from me.

I really, really hope all the Artifact Appearance unlocks carry over as transmog options in the next game. It's part of why I'm levelign all my alts.

Do not take my Brewmaster staff away from me.

Man I wish they'd just let you transmog old Legendaries already. I'm working on Shadowmourne for the tabard and mount but it sure would be cool to have as a transmog so it could do more than sit in my bank. Speaking of silly transmog restrictions, tabard appearances only being usable by the character with the correct rep is weak af.

Tenebrous

Man I wish they'd just let you transmog old Legendaries already. I'm working on Shadowmourne for the tabard and mount but it sure would be cool to have as a transmog so it could do more than sit in my bank. Speaking of silly transmog restrictions, tabard appearances only being usable by the character with the correct rep is weak af.

Same with toys. Does my head in...

Heysoos

Started playing, started a Paladin on Stormbreak. I'm currently level 9, and just questing along. Is there a specific quest line I guess I should be following? SWTOR kinda made this super easy for me with Class and Planet quest lines. Here I don't really know what I should be following, as dumb as that sounds. Doesn't help that a lot of stuff is kind of spread out so I'm finding myself running back and forth longish distances between quests.

cdyhybrid

Started playing, started a Paladin on Stormbreak. I'm currently level 9, and just questing along. Is there a specific quest line I guess I should be following? SWTOR kinda made this super easy for me with Class and Planet quest lines. Here I don't really know what I should be following, as dumb as that sounds. Doesn't help that a lot of stuff is kind of spread out so I'm finding myself running back and forth longish distances between quests.
The game will generally lead you to the next area on its own, but if you're ever not sure there's a bulletin board sort of thing in the major cities that will point you to a zone appropriate for your level.

Also seriously considering switching mains from Paladin to DH. Like Paladin, DH can both DPS and tank, the difference is I think Havoc is actually fun to play, whereas Retribution feels super dull to me. I feel like I'm only looking at my holy power and action bar. And all the mobility is so much fun, and makes navigating the world 10x more enjoyable. Almost feels like DH fell out of a different game, but in a good way. It definitely raises the bar for class design imo, even if they only have 2 specs and the class' identity is pretty much limited to "like Illidan but not".

Nere

Also seriously considering switching mains from Paladin to DH. Like Paladin, DH can both DPS and tank, the difference is I think Havoc is actually fun to play, whereas Retribution feels super dull to me. I feel like I'm only looking at my holy power and action bar. And all the mobility is so much fun, and makes navigating the world 10x more enjoyable. Almost feels like DH fell out of a different game, but in a good way. It definitely raises the bar for class design imo, even if they only have 2 specs and the class' identity is pretty much limited to "like Illidan but not".

DHs are going to take a big nerf while paladins a big buff tomorrow so if I were you I would wait a bit to see how those classes end up and then decide. Although if you only care about the gameplay and not about numbers go ahead.

Tenebrous

DHs are going to take a big nerf while paladins a big buff tomorrow so if I were you I would wait a bit to see how those classes end up and then decide. Although if you only care about the gameplay and not about numbers go ahead.

If you only care about gameplay, going from Paladin to anything is the right choice.

Mothman91

FUCK YEAH!!@

At first I was like oh shit!! hell yeaah

Then I thought to myself, I don't think this one is one of the better ones. Afte rereading, it's actually pretty damn useful for raids definitely. Don't have to use brez on me if I die.

Mothman91

Tenebrous

FUCK YEAH!!@

At first I was like oh shit!! hell yeaah

Then I thought to myself, I don't think this one is one of the better ones. Afte rereading, it's actually pretty damn useful for raids definitely. Don't have to use brez on me if I die.

If you can time it, I bet it works great.

Magnus

Oh damn, maybe I will go back to shadow for leveling now. I should really try StM because I think that's the coolest ability in the game right now.

I don't personally understand the appeal to levelling Disc (or holy?). With Disc, I realize it's tank appeal, essentially- you feel unkillable and less fragile. But the dps output doesn't compare to shadow, does it? All you really want while leveling is to kill shit fast.

Renekton

I don't personally understand the appeal to levelling Disc (or holy?). With Disc, I realize it's tank appeal, essentially- you feel unkillable and less fragile. But the dps output doesn't compare to shadow, does it? All you really want while leveling is to kill shit fast.
With artifacts, it makes some sense to AP up the spec you intend to focus on, else you'll have a bad time at fresh 110.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Disc has none of the ramp-up time Shadow has. Ramp-up time is terrible for leveling. Disc is probably better for leveling.

Magnus

Disc has none of the ramp-up time Shadow has. Ramp-up time is terrible for leveling. Disc is probably better for leveling.

Agreed, but doesn't the overall damage increase make the couple of extra second ramping up worth it? I'd typically only need to ramp up when I started a new quest, killing the first mob. I'd just chain well from there and always have either VF ready or Lingering Insanity.

Top Bottom