• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Fjordson

I really love world quests so far. Being able to explore the zones and not just be in a Garrison or whatever is fun. It's also cool to just organically group up with other people that show up to kill a mob or complete a quest. Like this morning I was struggling with this one quest where I had to kill three tough mobs, but right before I die a prot Paladin runs up and heals me before taking aggro and helping me kill the mobs. It was dope.

I'm sure a year from now when the rewards are mostly obsolete and we've done them all a bunch it won't be quite as fun, but right now I like the system quite a bit.

All of this complaining about rng and legendaries...how many weeks has the expansion been out for? How many years is the expansion supposed to go on for? Do you expect to get the best gear first drop off of every dungeon and raid boss? The game isn't balanced around legendaries, they're supposed to be a fun random loot element in a game that otherwise operates largely off of deterministic drops.

Rixxan

All of this complaining about rng and legendaries...how many weeks has the expansion been out for? How many years is the expansion supposed to go on for? Do you expect to get the best gear first drop off of every dungeon and raid boss? The game isn't balanced around legendaries, they're supposed to be a fun random loot element in a game that otherwise operates largely off of deterministic drops.

Yeah I agree but the right legendary can totally change your DPS capabilities, survivability, tankability

So I at least get why the world first mythic guilds are crying about it

Apathy

Everybody is getting a legendary except me. This design is bullshit.

I found a legendary but nobody else is. Working as designed stop qqing.

well once someone gets theirs of course the system is fine for them. Hell by all accounts it still seems that those that got one have a higher chance to get more faster.

Then why are people who don't do anything and get lucky on their first boss of the first heroic they run getting legendaries while those of us that have done literally everything possible to get them so far don't. It's an issue of RNG being bullshit specially when it's tied to the best possible gear that can increase your dps as much as 10%.

Look at the mm hunter boots for example. it's about a 6% increase of dps just having the boots. The abilities tied to them is that every time you spend focus you lower the cooldown on trueshot by 1 second. It's an ability that in a raid environment increases dps by ridiculous amounts. Now take a person who only does a handful of world quests a day, maybe 5 heroics in a week and 1-2 mythic dungeons. They get this piece of gear that they don't utilize to the fullest potential vs someone that does everything in the game, that raids in mythics, is doing mythic+10 dungeons that can will use this piece of gear but won't get it because of a stupid stupid system.

What we have in place does not reward being good, it does not reward putting in time and effort. All it rewards is stupid luck.

If there were world legendaries that were nothing but stat sticks with an amazing visual effect that were RNG and if there were raid legendaries that you had to progress with boss kills/reputation grind+gold that affected skills it would work itself out.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Everybody is getting a legendary except me. This design is bullshit.

I found a legendary but nobody else is. Working as designed stop qqing.

My entire guild is still at 0.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

It kinda is balanced around legendaries. While I don't think everyone needs one right now (though the bug that allowed a small group to chain several rubs salt in the wound to everyone that has 0); they said they will probably add more legendaries as the expansion progresses.

They want to add a bunch, that's the goal, and eventually even said they'd import something like Kadala where you can try to target specific legendaries if they do deliver on their plans to put out more legendaries throughout the life of the expansion.

M.D

Finally got to 830 on my Rogue yesterday and joined the raid (normal), we took down Cenarius yesterday and Xavius today, btoh after a few tries

Now we're starting heroic, hopefully I get some some loot.. ;(

Mupod

There's a few things that are causing these reactions and it's not just the fact that they are rare.

First off, we were told that there was a system like Diablo 3 where if you went too long without a drop, a 'pity timer' would start and would eventually guarantee one. The impression from myself and guildmates was that dedicated players (clearing mythic and mythic+) would all have found one in time for the raid, and that the long time investment would be finding your BiS legendaries for each spec.

Second, this system was demonstrably broken and working in reverse. Those who got a drop early on got another one about a week later, and this was both confirmed and hotfixed.

Finally...something's still up. I got two legendaries last night...at the same time. I looked around a bit and I'm not the only one this has happened to in the last couple days. Last time a weird pattern emerged many said it was just RNG being RNG but that seems a little too crazy to me.

Xeteh

Say no, there are plenty of others out there. You're the one providing them the opportunity for more loot. You have all the power

They weren't someone I actually talked to, they were using the LFG tool to advertise a site.

Ok, you've got me intrigued.

What realm are you on where no-one has figured out that boosting mythic +2 groups is stupid amounts of loot and ap?

Warsong Horde NA

I'm just as confused as you.

Edit: omg i found one.

oh my god after dozens of Foxflower picks I finally find out that that cute little fox that sometimes appears drops like 20 flowers! I've probably missed hundreds of flowers D:

Lanrutcon

They weren't someone I actually talked to, they were using the LFG tool to advertise a site.

Warsong Horde NA

I'm just as confused as you.

Edit: omg i found one.

Godspeed. Been in 3, only negative experience I had was not doing as much dps as those 860s.

Apathy

oh my god after dozens of Foxflower picks I finally find out that that cute little fox that sometimes appears drops like 20 flowers! I've probably missed hundreds of flowers D:

I'm case you didn't know those flowers the fox drops can be stolen by others, also the seeds that you can plant can also be stolen by others

Xeteh

rofl so this wasn't even a carry.

The "carry" was a tank and a hunter. Pug healer, DPS and myself. We've wiped 4 times on Cordana.

Tacitus_

Pugged a M+ run. Got 2.4k AP and a cloak that I sharded. Meanwhile the tank got a legendary - which was his third according to his friends.

fml

Oh well, killed the spider and dragons on HC. Dragons were a complete joke, we got them to 20% on our very first pull and killed them on our third. Cenarius will take some doing. Fucking red-black shit you can't stand in on red-black ground. Blizz needs to get some of their colour contrast guys on the WoW raid team.

What we have in place does not reward being good, it does not reward putting in time and effort. All it rewards is stupid luck.

Difficulty is supposed to affect the drop chance. Everything is piss easy now so it doesn't seem like it does.

Lain

I guess the problem this time is that you can get a legendary today, while in previous expansions it was a slow build up. Of course people will be annoyed if they see others around them get some sweet legs (more than once?) while they get nothing.

Nere

Doing a raid with my guild now guess who is top healer on every boss....... the prot warrior but obviously they don't need a nerf, obviously.......

Peachpies

Doing a raid with my guild now guess who is top healer on every boss....... the prot warrior but obviously they don't need a nerf, obviously.......
They are getting a nerf it is just targeting how much they can use ignore pain instead of directly nerfing the amount it absorbs.

Nere

They are getting a nerf it is just targeting how much they can use ignore pain instead of directly nerfing the amount it absorbs.

It is in ridiculous level of Opness and I don't understand why the warriors are crying. I was doing a mythic the other day and the healer died meanwhile the prot warrior didn't even realized his death, his health was just not dropping.

Lanrutcon

They don't need a nerf. They have 1 overpowered skill. That needs a nerf (badly). Rest of the spec is fine.

Artanisix

guess what, the patch tomorrow doesn't really change prot warriors in raids due to rfdt

it just butchers them in m+ content

so yeah it needs nerfs, blizz just did it completely wrong

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
LFR tomorrow? Oh god, that is going to be a train wreck isn't it?

I'm honestly curious to see what kind of 'rewards' LFR EN will have for completing wings or w/e

Without tier gear, I can't see a lot of heroic/mythic raiders running it outside of a few times (for trinkets or whatnot) for a chance at titanforged gear.

Blizz kind of addressed this (poorly) in WoD with the valor rewards only coming from LFR until mythic dungeons, but I don't know what they could substitute here outside of big-time AP rewards.

Only that comes with its own set of issues that have been longstanding, insofar as 'forcing' raiders to go into LFR to be optimal.

cdyhybrid

It is in ridiculous level of Opness and I don't understand why the warriors are crying. I was doing a mythic the other day and the healer died meanwhile the prot warrior didn't even realized his death, his health was just not dropping.
The Warriors don't like it because instead of nerfing the one broken skill they nerfed everything.

CHC

The mythic carry economy is actually pretty cool, I like how it benefits both parties enough that it's actually becoming a widespread thing.

Had a guild carry run this morning that was phenomenal - looked afterwards and they were a top 25 ranked guild haha....

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
JN84cbA.png

The area to the last area is blocked off, nice.

Lanrutcon

I did.

http://i.imgur.com/Z6Ni1Gv.png

They stop spawning when you pull the spider boss at the end of the dungeon.

Pull the spider boss from the room into the hallway, then kill him. He dies and the door opens. The spiders on the ceiling the room will come down in waves to attack you. There are only a handful of waves. Only reason to ever enter the room is to get the chest, once. With decent aoe you can just tear through the room like a force of nature.

That being said, I saw a thread on the official bug forum about someone who's door didn't open as well.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I had already cleared the whole dungeon, I just went back to the beginning and ended it cus the door bugged out.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You realize Warriors have limited self healing that only goes off when they kill an enemy, right?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
JN84cbA.png

The area to the last area is blocked off, nice.

you need the dro key

edit: or is it the door that opens from killing the spider before? And yes the spiders stop coming when you kill the boss spider upstairs

Nere

You realize Warriors have limited self healing that only goes off when they kill an enemy, right?

No matter the self heal a tank shouldn't be able to be above healers in raids. Druid tanks have limited healing too as do brewmasters.

Top Bottom