• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Mupod

Please don't let this week's mythic+ affix be Necrotic.

There's so many tweaks in this patch it'll be fun to read about how much they screwed up/forgot to document.

Apathy

Hooray, demon hunters can still be top aoe damagen cause they cried on the forums. I hatee that every new class, blizzard decides they need to be head and shoulders over existing classes. Just once I'd love to see a new class come out be right in the middle of the pack.

M.D

Any Outlaw Rogues here? do you know if 'Prey on the Weak' applies only when you successfully prevent an ability or if you can just use Gouge and get the 10% increased damage from any source?

Megasoum

Banned
Whoa... Just found out about the secret artifact skins stuff.

That ret paladin quest is amazing. Very old school attunement kind of thing! I guess I need to level my fishing now!

So I know that Artifact Knowledge is character specific but is it also spec specific?

Like on my Paly I need lvl 5 for holy and unknown level for ret... Do I need to level both separately or I can just get holy automatically on my way to get whatever's needed for ret?

Entropia

No One Remembers

That ret paladin quest is amazing. Very old school attunement kind of thing! I guess I need to level my fishing now!

So I know that Artifact Knowledge is character specific but is it also spec specific?

Like on my Paly I need lvl 5 for holy and unknown level for ret... Do I need to level both separately or I can just get holy automatically on my way to get whatever's needed for ret?

Artifact Knowledge research is character specific. If you've researched to AK level 5, that gain is applied to all of your weapons/specs. It's to help alleviate not falling behind the power of one of your artifacts.

Robin64

Blizz, stop putting fights in water.

WoWScrnShot_080816_131616.jpg

Hooray, demon hunters can still be top aoe damagen cause they cried on the forums. I hatee that every new class, blizzard decides they need to be head and shoulders over existing classes. Just once I'd love to see a new class come out be right in the middle of the pack.

Monks? I don't recall them being OP ever.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

IIRC for Ret the person who managed to 'activate' the Ret hidden artifact was at least AK level 12. So far, most of the AK-locked skins that just popped up are at level 5, but there's a couple of unknown ones, such as Outlaw and Ret, which apparently require a higher AK level, though I'm not sure if people have tried to do the ret quest with AK level 5.

But as has been said, AK is character specific - the boosted AP applies to all 'gains', you just get to choose which weapon you apply them to (by having one equipped when using the gains items).

You don't need any levels in your artifact to be able to unlock the hidden skin, though. In fact, I'm not even sure if you need the artifact in the first place in order to have the drop 'unlock'. (But I should probably do my holy artifact, just in case....)

Mupod

Anybody got a level 4 keystone yet? Curious what the affix is.

Can't wait to open my mythic+ cache either. If it's a ring I'll probably laugh my ass off.

Gritesh

Yeah during wod zyz tried but seem to be ultimately for nought. I've seen some old faces come back, Whitehorse is back playing with people from ut with omok(belfor)

Holy shit some old school burning blade names being thrown around....to bad it's all horde side I was on alliance back then.

Raided with the guild Defiance in vanilla days.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
now that the hotfixes are out on the NA servers, just a reminder to the dps folks not to get too jealous of the arcane mages topping those raid damage meters

tumblr_nqzag9oadA1titqoqo1_400.gif

cdyhybrid

Class designed to be strong at burst AOE excels at dungeons.

The horror.

scy

amazing that a spec like MM brings aoe that they decided to nerf barrage yet go back on DH nerfs who were doing more damage, the horror there.

All their AoE got nerfed still. Throw Glaive / Bloodlet got scaled back since changing them the way they were planning was a major gutting of their single-target damage.

cdyhybrid

Guard says hello

amazing that a spec like MM brings aoe that they decided to nerf barrage yet go back on DH nerfs who were doing more damage, the horror there.
They're still nerfing their AOE in four different ways if you go back to the Fel Barrage nerf. Hunters should be glad - now all the terrible ones won't be expected to be able to use Barrage correctly.

Bizazedo

Got an 865 ring out of the reward box for Mythics last cycle. Due to haste / mastery layout, it's worse than my 840 haste / mastery ring. Argh.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm curious to see if frost mages are now up to par with fire with the new hotfixes. Or at least close to it.
Not that I hate fire... but I've always prefered frost, and I'd rather use a staff than a sword!

Pickman

Spent my lunch break in the mobile app selling the herbs I've farmed over the last 3 days, less the ones I need to make my own flasks/pot/Wild Transmutation.

29k made in a half hour? Yes please.

cdyhybrid

Posts on reddit saying the updated hotfixes for Havoc didn't make it to live :lol

Oh Blizz. First you don't get the balance right and then you can't even release it correctly.

arimanius

Guard says hello

Havoc
Bloodlet (Talent) now deals 150% of initial Throw Glaive damage.
Fel Mastery (Talent) damage bonus to Fel Rush reduced to 30%.
Fury of the Illidari (Artifact Ability) damage reduced by 20%.
Note: See below for for additional PvP tuning adjustments to Fury of the Illidari.
Balanced Blades (Artifact Trait) damage bonus to Blade Dance reduced to 3% per target.

Here's all the AOE nerfs that DH got this patch. Not sure why you are complaining they didn't get nerfed.

Posts on reddit saying the updated hotfixes for Havoc didn't make it to live :lol

Oh Blizz. First you don't get the balance right and then you can't even release it correctly.

They commented on the bloodlet nerf being 100% on live instead of 150% Fixing it "ASAP" apparently.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749356305?page=3#post-50

scy

Yup. -30% Throw Glaive, 100% Bloodlet still made it through despite the tooltips getting updated to say otherwise.

even after the updated changes I think DH still ate more shit this week than any other class, not in the least because these changes affect our thoroughly average ST dps as well.

Anyway I'm going on vacation for 10 days tomorrow so maybe Blizzard can actually get their shit together. I'm still amazed they do balance by just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks while the players have to explain to them why their proposed changes are actually bad. I'm starting to think there may actually be a great deal of incompetence at the helm.

edit: also, does anyone know of an addon that lets you choose like, 2 main stats, say crit/haste, and then automatically equips the combination of gear in your bags that has the best combination of those stats? Something like that? Would make it easier to determine which gear to use for which spec.

Epix

So can anyone confirm on deny if you get a Mythic+ cache in your class hall if you manage to complete a mythic+ run but don't make the timer?

Mupod

So can anyone confirm on deny if you get a Mythic+ cache in your class hall if you manage to complete a mythic+ run but don't make the timer?

Curious myself, I cleared many mythic+ but our best one was a Court of Stars +5 where we failed the timer spectacularly. It was the highest listed on the guild 'scoreboard' for the week so I'm hoping it goes off that for the gear we get.

Xeteh

Just opened mine.

Faulty Countermeasure trinket ilvl 850 Mythic 2 Warforged
and a rank 2 BRH Keystone

scy

Got +5 rewards on a completed run after timer; 865 item, +4 keystone in the chest.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Lol, sounds like while Blizzard buffed Elemental damage they forgot to buff the Elemental Overload procs. Oopz.

Hahah, yup! They have to hotfix a hotfix!

Sounds like the stat weight hasn't changed for the spec, which means Mastery is still pretty garbage.

Bizazedo

Patch is making me feel real confident about the longterm output for this expac.

Also, in the vein of "Journeyman's Boots feel slower," (EQ reference, who gets it?!).

Doesn't feel like the +crit works after a colossus smash.

Mothman91

Got into a raid group for Levantus. I kill it, go to do my WQs, I see on my side I still have the purple WQ for him.

wtf?

edit: holy shit, I never tagged him. I just healed.......how did that not grant me the kill.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Nothing from Levantus. Oh well. My Flurry is critting for 270k total so I'm happ.

Top Bottom