• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

CHC

Man just did Court of Stars for the first time tonight with an excellent group. It's a crazy dungeon - felt super fresh and unlike anything they've done before. I really liked it but it's not the kind of thing I'm going to be eager to do again any time soon.

It was on +2 and was quite a challenge for a PUG also. One thing I do like about keystones is that they are more likely to keep a group together and communicating. Holding all the loot until the end pretty much keeps people from leaving at the first sign of trouble.

Talents

Banned
What would be the best partner for a WW monk in 2s? Me and a mate are planning to play 2s a lot and none of our other mates play PvP really so we'll be on our own. We used to play WW/Frost Mage in MoP but didn't play at all really in WoD. I've got Fire mage, Enh /ele shaman, another WW monk, Warrior (fury tho), and what I'll probably change to Ass rogue from Sub as I don't find Sub very fun, but rogue will be the one I'd rather play the least out of all my classes.

Renekton

What would be the best partner for a WW monk in 2s? Me and a mate are planning to play 2s a lot and none of our other mates play PvP really so we'll be on our own. We used to play WW/Frost Mage in MoP but didn't play at all really in WoD. I've got Fire mage, Enh /ele shaman, another WW monk, Warrior (fury tho), and what I'll probably change to Ass rogue from Sub as I don't find Sub very fun, but rogue will be the one I'd rather play the least out of all my classes.
I'm no expert but did a search in AJ, Nahj (a rogue streamer) is recommending DK.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/349105-comps-in-legion/

Alt people, did you did all the quest for all the pillars or just rush friendly and start suramar? I am in the middle of stormheim but got tempted to go straight to suramar to get them friendly fast

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Got the warrior belt from M HM. The best warrior tier complete
wowscrnshot_092616_23iysot.jpg
Alt people, did you did all the quest for all the pillars or just rush friendly and start suramar? I am in the middle of stormheim but got tempted to go straight to suramar to get them friendly fast

unlock world quests ASAP

Xeteh

Agreed with Data West. I aim for 110 as soon as possible to do world quests, you can do the pillars stuff whenever after that. I think the dungeon quests for pillars give you priority in queue so you can use them to quickly do dungeons at 110 for the chance at gear.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Race changed to Gnome last night before raid, I think my transmog game is on point now!

gyxjoX4.png

Also, we got 6/7 Heroic Emerald Nightmare now. Got Xavius down to last phase, gonna try to push it tonight to get it done before reset.

Xeteh

Race changed to Gnome last night before raid, I think my transmog game is on point now!

Also, we got 6/7 Heroic Emerald Nightmare now. Got Xavius down to last phase, gonna try to push it tonight to get it done before reset.

Gnomes are the best for everything. Great choice.

Bizazedo

Announce all of these changes and then go back the night before and announce how they changed their minds.

I'd love to see how they came up with them in the first place.

The Mythic+ carry market has exploded haha.

I'm still doing dungeons legit without carry and feel like I'm missing out.

I tried to find a group last night, I didn't get invited in the 20+ minutes I spent applying to them (had a BRH key, maybe people don't like that place?). And it's not like the groups got full, I had plenty of applications just expire.

Ended up going with a group that was a guild group but not overgeared, people died at times etc. Got two chest out of it and one of them got a legendary. Of course I only got AP ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Xeteh

You guys disappoint me with your Gnome hate. They are the superior race in all things. Now I just need Gnome Shaman if Goblins can do it.

A random thing I noticed that doesn't matter at all:

For all of the artifact weapons the four color variations with the starting skin are, in order, the one you first start with, recover a pillar of creation, recover Light's Heart, and finish the first major campaign for your order.

But with guardian druid, the second and third ones are swapped. It's the only artifact like that.

Tarazet

Oh, I just found out that the Spiked Counterweight trinket doesn't show all of the extra damage it deals on Recount - only the initial hit. That goes a long way to explaining why my 850 Devilsaur's Bite generated better numbers, but stuff wasn't actually dying as quickly.

Mount #270 came as a surprise:

0Eb8CJll.jpg

And a lot of that leather gear I made to hit 800 leatherworking sold making me 50k+ gold from that farming. With what I had on hand and transferring a bit over from my DH alt I was able to get Mount #271:

uotQ7vJl.jpg

Zelias

Banned
Normal Emerald Nightmare cleared without major issues last night. We're lacking DPS for HC Nythendra though.

Thinking of levelling my Druid in case the Frost DK changes don't pan out. How are Feral and Balance in terms of complexity/fun/DPS? Seems like Feral is doing pretty well and Balance is getting buffed?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mage

Arcane
Quickening (Talent)’s maximum stacks are now 50, and it will not refresh its duration once at 50 stacks.

well, that's the nerf to the psychotic arcane rotation that was topping damage charts. should still be a very viable spec but no longer able to crap out 500k+ dps during burst.

Renekton

Thinking of levelling my Druid in case the Frost DK changes don't pan out. How are Feral and Balance in terms of complexity/fun/DPS? Seems like Feral is doing pretty well and Balance is getting buffed?
Personally, Feral rotation is too difficult for me. Keeping actives for buffing bleeds, reacting to energy level and shred crits in conjunction with HT buff, maintaining savage roar and rake, etc.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wow, I just saw two people fly hacking herbs on Mal'ganis. I've seen videos of it but never actually in-game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Managed to get +2 on a +4 keystone.

It wasn't even a serious run. I fully expected to take an hour and wipe multiple times and I just wanted one shot at the chest, but my PUG teammates surprised me with their competency.

carlsojo

It's funny when you first arrive at Val'sharah and how excited Malfurion is to see you.

It's hilarious when you're a Deathlord, scourge of the frozen wastes, champion of the new Lich King and he gives you a ride on his back. Hop on buddy! Is that a human skull that just fell out of your bags? Let's go see Cenarius!

Renekton

It's funny when you first arrive at Val'sharah and how excited Malfurion is to see you.

It's hilarious when you're a Deathlord, scourge of the frozen wastes, champion of the new Lich King and he gives you a ride on his back. Hop on buddy! Is that a human skull that just fell out of your bags? Let's go see Cenarius!
To be fair, you guys probably do less environmental damage than a single goblin entrepreneur.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

The Hunter class hall has you being a good samaritan. Even when you're a goblin.
In Warlords of Draenor, I was infused with the soul of the holy light on my DK
In Legion, Alonsus Faol basically talked about how horrible delving into the Shadow was and that no one should do it.. While electing a Shadow Priest as Bishop. As well as a Naaru invading my brain while an Old God was already in there and not once did Xalatash say 'eat that fucking space chime'

there's some far out stuff that I wish was addressed based on your race/class/spec

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
when are they adding the ability to Arcane to absorb the souls of your raid group and summon a supernova, I think it would add some gr8 flavour to the spec

Lanrutcon

Not actually true. Supremacy sims just as high as service for single target for Destro

Clarify this for me:

You're saying a Supremacy Infernal beats Pet + Service summon on CD+ Infernal on CD during single target?

I'm genuinely curious, as this would change my entire line of think around single target Destro.

Impulsor

I absolutely hate all the artificial time gating this expansion has.

You have to wait because fuck you. I decided you have to wait 5 days for each AK level, instead of giving you something meaningful to do to obtain this, you just have to wait.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I absolutely hate all the artificial time gating this expansion has.

You have to wait because fuck you. I decided you have to wait 5 days for each AK level, instead of giving you something meaningful to do to obtain this, you just have to wait.

It's why I'm leveling all my characters now. Specifically because of AK. I'm sure they'll make it quicker later but going by tradition, not by much.

Top Bottom