• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rizzi

Fire is a cruel mistress.

Dependent on Crit+Mastery. You also need to have your rotation completely down. Fireball is complete filler. Don't use Living Bomb on single-target fights at all. Time your Rune of Power with Combustion.

Have a starting rotation of-

Rune of Power+Combustion near the end of it(Combustion is off GCD)
Fire Blast
Fire Blast(You can probably save Combustion till here, to optimize how long you have it for)
Pyroblast
Flame On
Fire blast
Pyroblast
Phoenix Flame
Pyroblast
Fire Blast
Pyroblast
Phoenix Flame
Pyroblast
(By now your Combustion and Rune of Power will have dissipated)

Fireball should only be your filler between hot streaks. Phoenix Flame if your Fire Blast is down. Use Flame on once per Combustion, so it's up for your next Combustion(Take Kindling, so that your Combustion comes up faster). If you used 2 Rune of Powers near the beginning of the fight(One with Combustion, one after it), you can use one before your Combustion is up, and another will be up by Combustion(IIRC atleast).

IT's tough, and it's a very tight rotation that can and is thrown off by anything that makes you move.

I was a fire mage, and I respecced to frost. Maybe I worded that poorly. :p

I was a fire mage, and I respecced to frost. Maybe I worded that poorly. :p

Oh

Yeah, Frost is still a bit undertuned for most encounters. You can overtake a Fire mage in a single target fight, but only in fights that have you standing completely still, because of how Fire Mages have just more insta abilities than Frost Mages.

Tenebrous

Fuck this stupid RNG lootfest bullshit. Open up my weekly cache, knowing that pretty much anything I get will be an upgrade...

Except a trinket.

AND A SHIT TRINKET DROPS. Fuck this bullshit. RAAAAAGE! Wait, I can't generate rage.

Fuck this stupid RNG lootfest bullshit. Open up my weekly cache, knowing that pretty much anything I get will be an upgrade...

Except a trinket.

AND A SHIT TRINKET DROPS. Fuck this bullshit. RAAAAAGE! Wait, I can't generate rage.

Having played both Destiny and WoW

The hatred of loot stems between both nicely.

Tenebrous

Having played both Destiny and WoW

The hatred of loot stems between both nicely.

I'm fine with a lot of stuff people aren't, but when I've had to buy gear for pretty much every slot because of my luck (except last week's trinket-spree), haven't seen a legendary, and have the enjoyment sucked out of my class...

I really, really don't want to play outside of raid times anymore. It's all a pointless timesink of terrible gameplay & a carrot that never comes. Such a shame, because Mythic+ is wonderful content I WANT to play, but my class is getting in the way. Monk didn't work out in the end, either.

It's our fault for complaining about Garrisons being anti-social.

"We at Blizzard are introducing Garrisons! This is a sanctuary for all players, a base for you to relax in from the world around you."

BLIZZARD IT'S EMPTY, BLIZZARD I GO HERE TOO MUCH, BLIZZARD BLIZZARD BLIZZARD

"Fine you little shits now you're all fucking heroes of time, we're literally going to make Khadgar into that guy at a renfair who goes 'Look! It's the chosen one!' to each and every fucking visitor. This is what you get."

I'm fine with a lot of stuff people aren't, but when I've had to buy gear for pretty much every slot because of my luck (except last week's trinket-spree), haven't seen a legendary, and have the enjoyment sucked out of my class...

I really, really don't want to play outside of raid times anymore. It's all a pointless timesink of terrible gameplay & a carrot that never comes.

Eh, that is lame. But honestly I mostly geared up through WQs and got lucky with the 'upgrade' procs.

I dunno.

Lanrutcon

Weekly mythic chest on my Druid is meh (855 mastery chest with a socket), my Warlock got something much more exciting: his final 850 relic. My staff is now 850/850/850.

scy

Man, they fucked up Vengeance so badly. Double the damage taken and half the self-healing compared to Prot Warrior in heroic content, and they think this was warranted why?

I've felt more-or-less okay so far in EN but not too deep into Heroic yet. I am still salty about my Mastery nerf though, even if I wasn't stacking a ton of it really (~45% -> ~37%); I get it's a preventative measure and all but still :(

Maybe I'd notice it if I had more time as a Guardian Druid or something but so far it hasn't been noticeably bad
maybe all healers hate me though

Ark

Our fury warrior got a prot legendary (he was in the wrong spec) about a week ago, he also got a fury legendary from our Nythendra heroic kill last night.

I know it's entirely anecdotal, but that's some nice "bad luck protection" there by Blizzard. Gg.

It's our fault for complaining about Garrisons being anti-social.

Yeah I feel like maybe they over-corrected that mistake. It's not like we're encouraged to spend all our tme in the class hall like it was with garrisons, where you had pretty much everything you needed, if you got the AH module. So it really doesn't make sense to share the class hall with other players when all the class halls eventually make you into the supreme leader, which is a really dumb thing for an MMO to do.

Lanrutcon

Yeah I feel like maybe they over-corrected that mistake. It's not like we're encouraged to spend all our tme in the class hall like it was with garrisons, where you had pretty much everything you needed, if you got the AH module. So it really doesn't make sense to share the class hall with other players when all the class halls eventually make you into the supreme leader, which is a really dumb thing for an MMO to do.

I'm an Archdruid!
You're an Archdruid!
Everyone is an Archdruid!

It boggles my mind that something like a cosmetic weapon skin is locked to raiding, but the goddamn title of Archdruid gets handed out from some shitty order hall quests and normal dungeons.

Blizzard are just making shit up as they go at this point.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
logged on briefly to check out the arcane changes (critting for over 1mn during burn now yaas) and saw more arcane mages in the dummy area of the hall of guardians than i've seen in the expansion so far. have fun with your new fotm spec girls and boys!!

Xeteh

Every single time I run through Naxx for transmogs I consistently forget that Gothik exists until I run down that hallway. I swear this boss takes just as long as the rest of the instance.

Sölf

LkuXxfn.png

Got this from my weekly chest. I already had the normal 840 version of it, so it's a nice upgrade (+8 more itemlevel).
And got a +4 Court of Stars with Raging, ugh. I hope my other group members got easier dungeons.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What do they do? Professions?

Renekton

The silly money is from alchemy right now, and so in turn, herbalism. They just fly from node to node, ruining the game for everyone else in the process.
Just herbalism I think.

Little gross margin for Alchemy since people are going into red for skill up.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Saw the bot for a third time, I was able to report him but when I clicked "submit", it DC'd me. Awesome.

Sarcasm

Well I wanted to mix things up so I tried out healing on my druid.

Healing is so frantic and I don't even know what I am doing and if correctly. I want to give up and go back to tanking =S

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how is everyone that plays a previously low dmg spec feeling about the buffs then?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
how is everyone that plays a previously low dmg spec feeling about the buffs then?
I'll know more after tonight's raid but seeing 1m+ crits on Arcane Blast is encouraging. I've also been using the pre-hotfix stat weighting in Pawn for the last couple of weeks so my itemisation is probably kind of bad right now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'll know more after tonight's raid but seeing 1m+ crits on Arcane Blast is encouraging. I've also been using the pre-hotfix stat weighting in Pawn for the last couple of weeks so my itemisation is probably kind of bad right now.

my lowbie 812 Lock sure feels like he kills stuff faster in these WQs thats for sure

My enhancement shaman feels exactly the same.

Speaking of enhancement, I really should switch from Ancestral Swiftness to Hailstorm. Losing that 10% haste just makes everything feel so terribly slow.

Pickman

Is "We are Highmountain!!!" the most cringy phrase in WoW so far..........?

"You crawl unwitting - like a blind, writhing worm - towards endless madness and despair. I have witnessed the true End Time. This? This is a blessing you simply cannot comprehend."

Worst goddamned voice acting I've heard in this game.

Mupod

My spec (Blood/Unholy) was untouched but we had a ret paladin and demo warlock shoot from the bottom to the top of our DPS charts. The paladin in particular is in my mythic+ group and is generally ecstatic about it. Logs here:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/y8vPAwfHbFDgLkdh

Had a productive night, before the raid even started we cleared a level 6 keystone (eye of azshara). We even screwed up a lot and still had plenty of time left over. Sanguine is SO much easier than Bolstering holy shit.

Actually got into the guild main raid this time, didn't get much in the way of upgrades but had fun. We cleared Xavius twice to take care of the guildies who didn't fit in the raid. Managed to get Heroic Nythendra down for the second time, but it really came down to the wire. Basically ended up being myself staying alive with Death Strike while the rogue evasion tanked, boss went down right before we did. My last ghost dad potion might have actually been the deciding factor.

Apparently both our main tanks are going to be out for the next two raids so it looks like I get to tank heroic Ursoc next time. Oh boy.

Anyone noticed goblin glider gets more use in Broken Isle than Draenor? Makes me think about the difference in terrain design and view distance.

Honestly some parts of Legion are so hard to get around that it feels as if they were made with flying in mind, and backtracked later. Maybe it's just exacerbated by world quests forcing us to get around on foot a lot.

Pickman

What's so hard about tanking Heroic Ursoc? Isn't it just swapping every now and then?

Tank 1 starts the fight and gains 1 stack of Overwhelm
Tank 2 taunts, and gains Rend Flesh
Tank 1 taunts back, and gains a 2nd stack of Overwhelm
Tank 2's Rend Flesh will fall off
Tank 2 taunts and takes the next Overwhelm, now having 1 stack
Tank 1's Overwhelm stacks fall off
Tank 1 taunts and takes the next Rend Flesh
Tank 2 taunts back, and gains a 2nd stack of Overwhelm
Tank 1's Rend Flesh will fall off
Tank 1 taunts and takes the next Overwhelm, now having 1 stack
Repeat this pattern as much as necessary to defeat Ursoc

Impulsor

Yesterday I finally got my Prot Warrior Hidden artifact appearance.

What a shitty system. Not only do you have to wait for AK5, but then you just have to log and relog in front of a cave until the game decides it wants to spawn the shield.

I was lucky and got it the fourth relog I did, but I have a friend that was 2 hours doing it yesterday and had no luck.

What's so hard about tanking Heroic Ursoc? Isn't it just swapping every now and then?

I wouldn't say it's particularly difficult. You pretty much just have to swap more often than most bosses. In my experience people tend to confuse themselves because some video guides out there make the taunt swap sound way more complex than it actually is. In reality you are just alternating a little faster than most other bosses. The thing is that on heroic the tanks are kind of the only people doing any real mechanics. The rest of the fight is braindead beyond "He hits hard at 30%". 845-850 tanks, especially non-warriors, have to really be on the ball with active mit and cooldown rotation in order to not die.

But really, if you are tanking heroic raids, active mit and cd rotation should be baked in to your playstyle as a tank, so I don't really believe Ursoc is that hard for tanks.

See, this is kind of what I'm talking about. There's nothing wrong with this breakdown, but it just looks way more complicated than it actually is. You just alternate, as in "Did Boss apply a debuff to the other tank? If so, taunt."

Magnus

Yeah I know that one, my main's a mage, heh.

I'm just wondering why my rogue, who I've only done one quest in the Isles thus far, has the entire flightpath network already unlocked besides Suramar.

So I had this too on my main priest right since launch day. Hasn't been the case on any of my alts. Weird!

Mupod

This should actually help a bit, also keep in mind you need to constantly reposition on Heroic as he drops large pools of crap on the ground.

I tanked all of normal mode already, but the problem is our other tank for that run (a guy from LFG) was a warrior. He was familiar with the fights but every time I asked him for advice (I'd only studied them from a DPS perspective) he basically just said 'I dunno I just ignore pain through everything'

Not worried or anything, I've done plenty of harder raids as a tank in my time. Just going to need a lot more effort than what you need to do as DPS on that fight and I may need to get different consumables (how much use do armor pots get?). I also haven't raided as a tank in WoW since they put so much emphasis on 'external' healer cooldowns.

Tarazet

My enhancement shaman feels exactly the same.

Speaking of enhancement, I really should switch from Ancestral Swiftness to Hailstorm. Losing that 10% haste just makes everything feel so terribly slow.

Hailstorm typically does a little more than 10% of my damage, but with scaling from Mastery it can go as high as 15% in some logs I've seen. But, in most Mythic dungeons, the trash is more dangerous than the bosses, and the extra haste gives you more uses of Crash Lightning. I prefer to use AS for dungeons and Hailstorm for raids.

Mupod

See, this is kind of what I'm talking about. There's nothing wrong with this breakdown, but it just looks way more complicated than it actually is. You just alternate, as in "Did Boss apply a debuff to the other tank? If so, taunt."

Hey it actually helped me. But yeah it seems it'll boil down to 'taunt at two stacks of overwhelm but only when you don't have rend'. Pretty straightforward.

We'll be a DH/DK. We might actually be more geared than our usual tanks (DH/paladin). It's not until Sunday so I have plenty of mythic+ to gear up with until then.

Top Bottom