• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

scy

I had to go look up the old sims to see how much of an upgrade they all were.

That Frost DK jump to still be on the lower half ... but poor Frost Mages.

Fjordson

On Heroics and shit, and even Mythics, I can agree with you wholeheartedly, that's annoying.

In Mythic+ though, that's the difference between 3 chests and 2.
Yeah, I've only done heroics. It just seems unnecessarily stressful lol.

Yeah I've noticed this lately as well. Eye of Azshara seems to be the one where tanks either go in the middle which has some tip-toeing to do, or they go left where you don't have to do as much tip-toeing but at first blush you'd think you'd think you're skipping stuff.
Eye of Azshara there is definitely room for that I think. But I had it last in Neltharion's Lair :lol it's so cramped in there and this tank was pulling out some ridiculous routes, waiting for patrols and shit, running along ledges. Felt like I was playing MGS 2 or something. We skipped a lot of stuff, but there were a few accidental pulls and he started getting pretty annoyed. It was only heroic also, felt like telling him to to just chill out.

This is one of my biggest peeves in dungeons. You see people squeezing and struggling along a tiny path just to avoid two or three mobs and it's like, fuck sake, just kill them.
Exactly! Lmao. Like I said, it was only heroic, so a few times where we waited for patrols or took a long way around it would have just been quicker to kill the trash.

Kain

Of course SV is bottom tier, because upping the damage of FS is literally WORTHLESS unless you get rid of raptor strike and put all its effects and trait effects there. And do a LOT of changes in QOL and survival. What irony that Survival has 0 survivabilty AMIRITE???

This is Blizz:

"Oh look, we got a cool idea for a trait, it's called Fluffy, go (awesome name btw), it increases pet haste by 15%".

"Nice, does increasing pet's haste actually do something?"

"Nope, maybe a 0.000005% increase in dps"

"Why not make all pet's attacks affect SV's mastery so that this trait makes some sense then?"

"Sense? Are you kidding? Here, let's put another cool trait, it's called Talon strike and it procs, like, never and does pitiful damage"

"But"

"Oh and let's break FOTE so it triggers the GCD and never talk about it. Nobody plays SV so nobody will notice. And let's spend 6 trait points in Raptor strike, the worst ability in the game, to increase its pitiful damage and to provide some stupid non existant heal. This is fine. Everything's fine".

I swear Blizz's class design team is run by drunk monkeys.

Ashodin

So this is this week's version of that graph posted last week.

hN6U6kc.png

aww yiss

motha

fuckin

ret paladins

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If enhance gets nerfed, it will definitely either be related to Stormstrike/Stormbringer procs.

Xeteh

If enhance gets nerfed, it will definitely either be related to Stormstrike/Stormbringer procs.

That would be the most depressing way to go about it, when you're not getting procs with Enhancement its super frustrating because the cooldown on Stormstrike is so long.

CHC

hN6U6kc.png

Definitely better but anything at or below Frost DK needs some official help. The rest can really come down to situational things - totally acceptable differences.

Warlock is still kind of generally sucky looking, unfortunately.

From my experiences, Hunters of all stripes seem to dominate the meters (aside from survival, obviously).

I guess it's fine that Demon Hunters are getting their "moment" like DKs did when Wrath launched, but I do hope at some point they knock them down a peg. It's a very limited class in terms of fantasy, aesthetics, and playstyle and I really hope they become significantly less common once Legion runs its course.

CHC

I'm also definitely tempted to forego Warrior altogether at this point. Not in any kind of "fuck you Blizz gg ima reroll" way or anything like that, but just because nothing about Warrior is particularly exciting this expansion. Their quest classes and hall are boring and not something my character would care about (not an RPer, per se, but why would some Orc badass care about a bunch of Vyrkul gods?). Arms playstyle is also driving me crazy, DPSing is actually much more stressful to me than tanking at this point just because it's so fiddly and proc dependent, and so easy to completely fumble when there is a lot of stuff going on.

Rogue seems like a solid choice, might level one next after I cool my heels and come back to Broken Isles refreshed.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
well, as marks and bm at the moment i'm not really putting up competitive dps in raid. not sure whats going on.

i might be behind in my artifact grind. i'm only rank 19 on both specs. I dont have my 2nd golden yet for marks either.

I would rather have anything then an 820 helm from emissary quests. Gold, order resources, minimal amounts of AP, a V8, a kick in the dick. Just please make the bad gear stop

Zelias

Banned
Frost DK feels better, but still underwhelming. Oh well, levelling a Druid as a backup anyway. Might as well gear that up in case I do decide to switch.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm starting to think that Blizzard are just bad at this.

Like, honestly.

They aren't great.

Also, tuning hotfixes were always just going to be bandaids. A number of specs need actual mechanical/design work, and that's not going to happen until 7.1 at the earliest.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I would rather have anything then an 820 helm from emissary quests. Gold, order resources, minimal amounts of AP, a V8, a kick in the dick. Just please make the bad gear stop

order resources should be looted there by default. the amount of effort you have to go through to get some is ridiculous at this point when you need so many.

CHC

Ah yes how could I forget that wonderful moment a couple weeks into an expansion when the community becomes a complete cesspool of toxic nobodies.

Two minutes into Nelth's lair the leader (a healer) is the one pulling trash, saying "this way, this way" then goes "eww 830" and kicks the tank and a DPS. We sit there for five minutes in total silence while he failingly looks for two more people and then disbands the group.

REALLY great way to save the time, I'm sure we would have failed miserably with those measly 830s that HE CHOSE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I think I'm just going to find a high end raiding guild and apply as a social member, I really just can't with this community sometimes. Can't.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
order resources should be looted there by default. the amount of effort you have to go through to get some is ridiculous at this point when you need so many.

I grab every WQs with 300-500 resources I can because getting to 10k+ for the latest class halls upgrades is ridiculous! Not to mention if I want to upgrade each pieces of that blue set up to 840. I wish there still was that free box of resources like in WoD... but I guess Blizzard does want us to move a bit lol.

Apathy

hN6U6kc.png

That's just from the first day of logs from yesterday,

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10/#difficulty=4&sample=1

It also skews hunter, because of the tree and the spider boss. If you go down by individual bosses you can see how good MM is for a fight with a lot of aoe mobs with not a lot of health and that you can have barrage up for every time you need to aoe those little fuckers down.

Looking at overall gives a bad perception of how a class/spec is doing, look at individual bosses and why certain classes do better than others because of mechanics

Nythendra
QN5cr1n.jpg

Tree
wUj04A9.jpg

Spider
WJh4Twm.jpg

Ursoc
lax752S.jpg

Dragons
2VOFlL3.jpg

Cenarius
QQfgiN5.jpg

Xavius
oOyFvM4.jpg

Looking at the bosses individually, would anyone actually say MM is OP and number 2 damage? No, it's because of the tree boss where we shine. This is the issue with people linking the overall damage.

Magnus

So shadow priest actually looks good on there...?

The problem must be me. I guess I need to do more work on tightening my rotation up and improving VF up-time. I'm worried that I boned myself by going down unrecommended routes on my Artifact tree first...I know it'll all shake out at the end, but fuck. That'll be a few months probably.

Also, those graphs assume other variables as well, right? Like T19 gear and full artifact trees? Never mind being Patchwerk sims which don't represent actual gameplay at all.

cdyhybrid

So shadow priest actually looks good on there...?

The problem must be me. I guess I need to do more work on tightening my rotation up and improving VF up-time. I'm worried that I boned myself by going down unrecommended routes on my Artifact tree first...I know it'll all shake out at the end, but fuck. That'll be a few months probably.

Also, those graphs assume other variables as well, right? Like T19 gear and full artifact trees? Never mind being Patchwerk sims which don't represent actual gameplay at all.
I think that image was from logs.

Never cared too much about Sims when I was raiding. The only list that mattered was the Recount list within my own guild after we downed a boss.

Mupod

It also skews hunter, because of the tree and the spider boss. If you go down by individual bosses you can see how good MM is for a fight with a lot of aoe mobs with not a lot of health and that you can have barrage up for every time you need to aoe those little fuckers down.

Looking at overall gives a bad perception of how a class/spec is doing, look at individual bosses and why certain classes do better than others because of mechanics

I should look into how DK does on Il'y...Illy..Ilg...C'thun. That was probably my worst boss DPS-wise last night because of all the running around I had to do - DKs do not move fast. However the funny thing is they are incredibly useful on that fight because of Death Grip on the slimes.

Lanrutcon

Looking at the bosses individually, would anyone actually say MM is OP and number 2 damage? No, it's because of the tree boss where we shine. This is the issue with people linking the overall damage.

Those graphs you linked don't really cast a different light on Warlocks. Taking us into EN at this point is a joke.

Apathy

Treckie and Rikh from Nihilum are streaming their mythic run right now, just started and they leave up their voice chats, good if anyone wants to see the mythic fights.

I should look into how DK does on Il'y...Illy..Ilg...C'thun. That was probably my worst boss DPS-wise last night because of all the running around I had to do - DKs do not move fast. However the funny thing is they are incredibly useful on that fight because of Death Grip on the slimes.

We let our DK stay on stalks/horrors rather than have him run around and be useless for long periods of time.

Pickman

Unholy, spec into Ebon Fever and Epidemic for that fight.

I was topping our meter thanks to the insane splash on adds with the slimes.

I'm also definitely tempted to forego Warrior altogether at this point. Not in any kind of "fuck you Blizz gg ima reroll" way or anything like that, but just because nothing about Warrior is particularly exciting this expansion. Their quest classes and hall are boring and not something my character would care about (not an RPer, per se, but why would some Orc badass care about a bunch of Vyrkul gods?). Arms playstyle is also driving me crazy, DPSing is actually much more stressful to me than tanking at this point just because it's so fiddly and proc dependent, and so easy to completely fumble when there is a lot of stuff going on.

Rogue seems like a solid choice, might level one next after I cool my heels and come back to Broken Isles refreshed.

I was so excited about Warriors in pre-patch, the new animations made Arms and Fury look fucking fantastic and fun to play. My limited play time in Legion with my Warrior just wasn't fun, at all. It's not a class I want to invest any real time into.

I think the problem with some of the "class fantasies" is that other classes have more lore built up around them. It's just easier to create an order hall for classes like shamans and paladins versus classes like Warriors or Hunters. They can draw upon lore from the Earthen Ring and the various Paladin orders whereas Warriors are just dudes in plate armor that like hitting shit with big weapons. Warriors aren't driven by some over-riding ideology, the whole Titan/Valhalla shtick feels like it's reaching for something that isn't there or speaks to every race that can be warriors. It sort of makes sense for humans and dwarves, I guess, but it didn't feel appropriate for any of the Horde races.

Top Bottom