• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

I was so excited about Warriors in pre-patch, the new animations made Arms and Fury look fucking fantastic and fun to play. My limited play time in Legion with my Warrior just wasn't fun, at all. It's not a class I want to invest any real time into.

I think the problem with some of the "class fantasies" is that other classes have more lore built up around them. It's just easier to create an order hall for classes like shamans and paladins versus classes like Warriors or Hunters. They can draw upon lore from the Earthen Ring and the various Paladin orders whereas Warriors are just dudes in plate armor that like hitting shit with big weapons. Warriors aren't driven by some over-riding ideology, the whole Titan/Valhalla shtick feels like it's reaching for something that isn't there or speaks to every race that can be warriors. It sort of makes sense for humans and dwarves, I guess, but it didn't feel appropriate for any of the Horde races.

Warriors dont really have lore do they

Like Warlocks built upon the Black Harvest they introduced in Mists...Mages have Khadgar and Medivh..Druids have countless figures...

Theres the Vrykul introduced in Wrath, but they were never warrior-centric. Most characters that could be a Warrior are Paladins.

Warriors have always just been there. And honestly, what could Blizz have done for theml, unless they created some legendary warrior new to the lore..

Xando

Those graphs you linked don't really cast a different light on Warlocks. Taking us into EN at this point is a joke.
Doesn't seem to be a good buff we got tbh.
Thinking with how bad my WL plays compared to my mage i doubt blizzard will fix what is wrong (mechanically) with warlocks until the next expansion.

Imo % increases is all we're going to get

Fjordson

Blizz responded to my ticket about my order hall quest resetting! Got excited, but then I read the response...

'Greetings,

We apologize for being unable to discuss this quest issue with you. We are experiencing a high volume of tickets right now and are doing our best to get to each and every one as soon as we possibly can.

Many quest related issues associated with the Legion launch have been addressed via hotfix. Additionally, many can be resolved by abandoning the quest and attempting it again (excluding Artifact, Class Companion Mission, or World Quests).

For ANY quest related problems, WoWHead ( http://www.wowhead.com/ ) is the best place to start, especially for researching the Artifact quest lines as there are player created guides. It’s a huge database of information with a thriving community that regularly updates quests, items, NPCs, or anything WoW related you can think of with helpful comments.

If your character is stuck or you are unable to play the game, feel free to reply to this message and we can absolutely look into it further. Remember to include as much information as possible - the who, the what, the where, and any troubleshooting steps you might have done.

Thank you for your contact and we hope you are enjoying Legion!​​​​"

Unbelievable. That's 60 hours worth of order hall missions that got wiped out and they give a canned response lol. I mean I can understand that they're probably getting a massive number of tickets, but waiting 26 hours for that response was pretty deflating.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Unbelievable. That's 60 hours worth of order hall missions that got wiped out and they give a canned response lol.

Yeah....

One of my guildmates was told something similar when she couldn't proceed on her class quest. Literally 'go look at Wowhead' by a GM.

She kept at it with live chat, and a different GM several hours later seemed shocked when he found out that was what she was told. He flicked some switch, and get her the 'credit' for the 5 12 hour quests.

He apologized several times for the other GM, lol.

Blizz responded to my ticket about my order hall quest resetting! Got excited, but then I read the response...

Unbelievable. That's 60 hours worth of order hall missions that got wiped out and they give a canned response lol. I mean I can understand that they're probably getting a massive number of tickets, but waiting 26 hours for that response was pretty deflating.

Yeah....

One of my guildmates was told something similar when she couldn't proceed on her class quest. Literally 'go look at Wowhead' by a GM.

She kept at it with live chat, and a different GM several hours later seemed shocked when he found out that was what she was told. He flicked some switch, and get her the 'credit' for the 5 12 hour quests.

What was the glitch o.o?

Fjordson

Yeah....

Haha, damn. That's exactly what happened to me, the 12 hour quests. It just reset after I finished the fifth one.

Oh well. I responded again to keep it active so hopefully someone else there sees it.

What was the glitch o.o?
You know the big gated portion of your class campaign? Basically you have to send your follows on five scouting missions that take 12 hours each. As I finished the final one yesterday, the main guy in my order hall suddenly had that same quest available to me. Like my progress just vanished and it was gone from my quest log. So I'm back to 0/5 scouting missions, 60 hours up in smoke.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Haha, damn. That's exactly what happened to me, the 12 hour quests. It just reset after I finished the fifth one.

Oh well. I responded again to keep it active so hopefully someone else there sees it.

What was the glitch o.o?

IIRC it wasn't the exact same, in her case she couldn't even 'start' the multi-follower 5-series quest chain on her paladin, though I honestly can't recall if it was the '1st' set of 5 (the 8 hour ones) or the 2nd set (the 12 hour ones). I just remember her saying she had all the pre-reqs done.

GM didn't say specifically what it was, just gave her credit for them,

You know the big gated portion of your class campaign? Basically you have to send your follows on five scouting missions that take 12 hours each. As I finished the final one yesterday, the main guy in my order hall suddenly had that same quest available to me. Like my progress just vanished and it was gone from my quest log. So I'm back to 0/5 scouting missions, 60 hours up in smoke.

Damn that sucks. Wonder whats the cause...

Fjordson

IIRC it wasn't the exact same, in her case she couldn't even 'start' the multi-follower 5-series quest chain on her paladin, though I honestly can't recall if it was the '1st' set of 5 (the 8 hour ones) or the 2nd set (the 12 hour ones). I just remember her saying she had all the pre-reqs done.

GM didn't say specifically what it was, just gave her credit for them,
Ah okay, interesting. I was able to finish them, but instead of getting the next part in the chain it's giving me the 5 mission quest I just did =[

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I have a new annoying player archetype. Not a big deal, it's more funny really.

It's the "let's skip every trash mob" tank. It's not a bad idea in theory, but the tank always knows these specific little routes to skip 95% of the instance that the other people in the group may not. So when someone is inevitably just a few inches off and accidentally pulls a group the tank starts complaining. "We didn't need to pull that *sigh*" "fail".

Going through a dungeon by constantly trying to tiptoe past mob groups actually feels more stressful than just clearing it the normal way :lol and what's funny is I've ran into this twice in the last 3 days.

I'm one of those tanks but I show people how to get past the mobs and it's frustrating when you show them and they still fail. It's not hard to hug a wall.

It's amazing when you get a group who actually sees how to do it because we can clear the whole dungeon so much quicker.

An hour or so ago I had a tank and his healer friend who didn't get the concept of skipping mobs and it was the longest Neltharion's Lair I had ever done.

I ain't no one got time for all of that pulling.

I wonder when the next patch update is gonna go live, hopefully they do it after they see this week's data. Fury is a spec that should've gotten a bigger buff last time and it seems like Frost's buff didn't do much to help them out.

Mothman91

Question about a certain quest I've seen before but can't seem to find where I can do it.

It's where I become a
raid boss(Illidan).

Where is this quest?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Question about a certain quest I've seen before but can't seem to find where I can do it.

It's where I become a
raid boss(Illidan).

Where is this quest?

Tied to Artifact Knowledge progression. It's given to you by the Naaru piece in your Class Hall.

CHC

I was so excited about Warriors in pre-patch, the new animations made Arms and Fury look fucking fantastic and fun to play. My limited play time in Legion with my Warrior just wasn't fun, at all. It's not a class I want to invest any real time into.

I think the problem with some of the "class fantasies" is that other classes have more lore built up around them. It's just easier to create an order hall for classes like shamans and paladins versus classes like Warriors or Hunters. They can draw upon lore from the Earthen Ring and the various Paladin orders whereas Warriors are just dudes in plate armor that like hitting shit with big weapons. Warriors aren't driven by some over-riding ideology, the whole Titan/Valhalla shtick feels like it's reaching for something that isn't there or speaks to every race that can be warriors. It sort of makes sense for humans and dwarves, I guess, but it didn't feel appropriate for any of the Horde races.

Reaching for what isn't there is a good way to describe it. My personal "fantasy" for warrior is just a no-magic, no glowing-shit, non
-nonsense, upfront war machine. I kind of wish our hall was just a giant stone fort nestled in the cliffs of Stormheim or Highmountain. Something with the vibe of the Ironforge war room where you used to queue for BGs.

I've never really imagined my character as some chosen champion of the Vyrkul gods or anything like that.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The vyrkul stuff is shit and the weakest part of the expansion, like I've been saying since beta.

Tied with Hunter campaign for the worst class hall campaign, easily. At least the hunter class hall has the angsty wannabe dark ranger npc

Since people occasionally post transmogs, figured I'd ask this, what flying mounts do people use for their paladins (if you play one). The only flying mount that isn't a cash-shop mount I can think of are the Argent Hippogryphs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Since people occasionally post transmogs, figured I'd ask this, what flying mounts do people use for their paladins (if you play one). The only flying mount that isn't a cash-shop mount I can think of are the Argent Hippogryphs.

If you're human, there's nothing wrong with a good old grand armored griffin

Azzurri

Question about the 2 dungeons unlocked in Suramar.

Do you basically have to follow the Good surmaratin quest line to unlock it, or could you just do WQ and daily's. And do just that quest line or do you need prior quests done in the line of quests?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Do you basically have to follow the Good surmaratin quest line to unlock it, or could you just do WQ and daily's. And do just that quest line or do you need prior quests done in the line of quests?

I'm not sure, but probably the former.

vocab

You need to do the vineyard questline even if you have the rep.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's probably related to the next big storyline with Velen's return to Argus.

Strimei

It's probably related to the next big storyline with Velen's return to Argus.

Could be, though I do wonder if its even meant to be Argus. The Dark Portal is what makes me wonder that, specifically. If it was Argus, I imagine any portal would be a Legion-based one, but the Dark Portal seems to indicate it'd be more likely one of the various planets Ner'zhul linked to instead.

Though it also could very well just be a placeholder.

Like a weird Stripper/Power Ranger thing going on.

aSf3G1J.png

Strimei

Looks like if you collect all the Pillars, you'll get a buff that lets you rez wherever you die once every 30 hours in the Isles.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, anyone that's put off by John Madden for playing Feral?

If you can play Enhancement, you can play Feral. I actually think this iteration of Enhancement is the most button intensive/apm of all the melee specs in Legion. Maybe Survival is up there too just for the low latency and responsiveness you need which Enhancement doesn't require as much but I haven't played Survival since the buff.

Sarcasm

They're mythic-only, you have to go to the entrances themselves, and set up groups via the pre-made tool, not the random LFG tool.

Ugh, I was hoping to run them before doing mythics. It doesn't even mention in the quest. If I got the quest, I can do them right?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I always find it weird when people who will never kill those bosses when they're current end up disappointed that they got cleared quickly. As a mythic raiding I love that shit because it means that I might actually kill the boss before the next raid comes out.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Also, anyone that's put off by John Madden for playing Feral?

If you can play Enhancement, you can play Feral. I actually think this iteration of Enhancement is the most button intensive/apm of all the melee specs in Legion. Maybe Survival is up there too just for the low latency and responsiveness you need which Enhancement doesn't require as much but I haven't played Survival since the buff.

Feral has always been John Madden

Top Bottom