• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

I missed out on the Garrison gold rush -- only hit 100 in the last week. After farting around with trade skills, I am pretty much broke.

ampere

Spider too expensive. I could afford it pretty soon, but then I'd be dead broke

Plus I almost never ride anything other than invisible

MMaRsu

All you had to do was build a trading post and an inn and be rich ;(

I just came back after they nerfed garrisons lol

:'(

Even coalfist gronnlings go for 800g on Terenas now. I bought three and hope to make the money back when Legion drops

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Avatar looks disapointing :( you just grow a little and turn gray boo

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't care much about achievements but something about Draenor Curator.

I have to beat it. I have to prove Blizzard wrong.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Regarding gold: I made about 20k yesterday because I found two of those 300% xp elixers on a char I forgot about. They sold instantly for 9800 each.

MMaRsu

WoD is a shitty expansion so far, with lots and lots of walking ( even more than MOP ) and huge performance drops compared to earlier zones.

I know I only have a 540m but cmon

Stopped playing after WotLK. Worth coming back?

As someone who also stopped playing regularly in WotLK I would argue that every expansion has been worth coming back for so long as your mindset treats it like a normal multiplayer game release. To me, it's no different than buying something like Rocket League and playing it for a month with my friends. A little more expensive, sure, but my circle usually gets 2-3 months out of WoW expansions before we move on so it evens out (usually we tap out after we clear most of the first raid tier).

ACE 1991

Ugh, I really can't figure out what class I should use my level 100 boost on... I've been out of the loop for so many years. I like really satisfying to play melee classes.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ugh, I really can't figure out what class I should use my level 100 boost on... I've been out of the loop for so many years. I like really satisfying to play melee classes.

Warrior is supposedly REALLY cool now

Melee in general is doing well atm. I think the only melee spec I see consistent negatives about is Retribution.

ACE 1991

Melee in general is doing well atm. I think the only melee spec I see consistent negatives about is Retribution.

I have a level 83 DK, so maybe I should just get him to 100 before the expansion. I hear the WoD leveling is pretty great so then I can experience that.

Anoregon

I have heard bad stuff about rogues once you get over the flashy new animations.

Outlaw is fun, but the RNG aspects of it (due to roll the bones) can be a pain in the ass.
Assassination is still a strong single target spec, and I don't really know much about sub. I know it has that psuedo-stealth mechanic where you frequently have like 3-second windows in combat when you can use stealth-required abilities (like openers), so it sounds cool at least.

ACE 1991

On another note, what's the fastest way to get from 83 to 90 so I can start experiencing WoD? I don't have any heirloom items, 83 is my highest level toon.

MMaRsu

On another note, what's the fastest way to get from 83 to 90 so I can start experiencing WoD? I don't have any heirloom items, 83 is my highest level toon.

Probably random dungeons? I just went through the questlines in MOP as far as I wanted till I hit 90 then on to WoD I think.

But WoD is worse than MOP imo. Areas look nice but soo much walking everywhere lol f that I just spend like a shitton on flying training rofl.

If you dig melee classes and don't have a warrior, I don't think you can go wrong with that class right now. Well, Fury is so damned fun now. I can't speak for Arms or Prot.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you dig melee classes and don't have a warrior, I don't think you can go wrong with that class right now. Well, Fury is so damned fun now. I can't speak for Arms or Prot.

If you want to raid, finding a spot could be going wrong. There was already a ton of fury warriors and it looks like there's even more. Even a DK provides a grip(or two) and a brez and an Enhancement Shaman provides lust.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fury Warriors are the most popular spec of Legion behind Vengeance

Ashodin

They dual wield the swords formerly known as Frostmourne. It's as close as you're gonna get.

Honestly they're cooler for it. gedit

Also The Tomb of Sargeras audio drama was legit. Guy who's talking sounds a LOT like Gideon Emery.

Also get rekt Death Knights only Paladins get to wield the coolest weapon ever

REP DAT ASHBRINGER

My transmog will be beautiful and glorious

nPh8rp7.gif

If you want to raid, finding a spot could be going wrong. There was already a ton of fury warriors and it looks like there's even more. Even a DK provides a grip(or two) and a brez and an Enhancement Shaman provides lust.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fury Warriors are the most popular spec of Legion behind Vengeance

I'm an LFR pleb but if you're a more serious player I could see how the glut of melee DPS in Legion would be a concern with Fury, Vengeance, Survival, Enhancement, Frost, Unholy and Rets all competing for limited raid slots as melee deeps. That said, I think I'm going to main a Warrior in Legion, Fury is just too damned fun.

Respect

I can relate, I am prepared
to be disappointed
!! Though in seriousness I am cautiously optimistic. I actually enjoyed mists alot overall more for the pvp than the pve side though (WoD and Cata were forgettable for me). Looking forward to both pve and pvp for legion.

I'm an LFR pleb but if you're a more serious player I could see how the glut of melee DPS in Legion would be a concern with Fury, Vengeance, Survival, Enhancement, Frost, Unholy and Rets all competing for limited raid slots as melee deeps. That said, I think I'm going to main a Warrior in Legion, Fury is just too damned fun.

You forgot all the leather wearing class melee dps...and blizz decided to add one more new class for melee dps this expac as well that will be able to start the expac at level 100 for everyone who preordered and is rerolling.

Does mage become fun to level up at some point?

In PVE moreso than dungeons, Fire starts to be pretty fun by the low 20's. Especially with the new talent that guarantees a crit off of a target with 80% health from a fireball. In dungeons it sucks being a caster, you can really only use your insta-casts and smallest channels. You're sort of just there for the ride until you hit a boss and can actually get in a few channels.

You forgot all the leather wearing class melee dps...and blizz decided to add one more new class for melee dps this expac as well that will be able to start the expac at level 100 for everyone who preordered and is rerolling.

I just forgot Feral Druids and Windwalkers. And loot is personal, so I the fact that they wear the same armor class is sort of irrelevant.

ACE 1991

Thanks for the responses, I'll probably jump on some dungeons tonight. What is the best/most fun (if these aren't mutually exclusive) leveling spec? Also, should I plan on learning how to tank so I can do dungeons?

cdyhybrid

So the reborn Thunderfury is Thunderfury

but the actual shards from Frostmourne aren't Frostmourne.
Yes. The name of the Artifact skin is literally "Thunderfury, Hallowed Blade of the Windseeker".

The Frost weapons are shards of Frostmourne, not Frostmourne itself.

It's not that complicated.

Top Bottom