• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Also get rekt Death Knights only Paladins get to wield the coolest weapon ever

REP DAT ASHBRINGER

My transmog will be beautiful and glorious

Ashbringer is old and busted. Unholy gets the new hotness.

wow_legion_deaths_deliverance_04.jpg
This skin won't be available until after launch :(

Yes. The name of the Artifact skin is literally "Thunderfury, Hallowed Blade of the Windseeker".

The Frost weapons are shards of Frostmourne, not Frostmourne itself.

It's not that complicated.

It's not complicated but it's also asininely nitpicky to harp about it. Not exactly frostmourne. Made out of frostmourne. It's not not frostmourne.

Ashodin

What the fuck is that lmao

Also Ashbringer's skin where the blade is literally fire is fucking awesome and I will use it

Also 1v1 me Anoregon

RAHXH0M.gif

cdyhybrid

It's not complicated but it's also asininely nitpicky to harp about it.
Well let's just call everything Frostmourne then. Who cares, right?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Huh? I'm saying if you care about the lore, care about the lore. That's it.

No, you don't get to do that, sorry. You can't make a ridiculous, untenable statement (comparing people saying "the swords made of frostmourne are pretty much frostmourne, lore-wise" to "WELL THEN NOTHING MATTERS AND EVERYTHING IS FROSTMOURNE") and then get to act like some arbiter of what really matters, lore-wise.

It's sour grapes nonsense. The Frost DK artifact is as close as anything in the game will ever be to a character having Frostmourne. The questline to obtain it makes it very clear that you are essentially reforging the blade for your own means.

If people using the F-word to describe anything that isn't 100% literally the exact version of the weapon that Arthas used with no changes whatsoever bothers you, then fucking get over it. It is what it is.

cdyhybrid

No, you don't get to do that, sorry. You can't make a ridiculous, untenable statement (comparing people saying "the swords made of frostmourne are pretty much frostmourne, lore-wise" to "WELL THEN NOTHING MATTERS AND EVERYTHING IS FROSTMOURNE") and then get to act like some arbiter of what really matters, lore-wise.

It's sour grapes nonsense. The Frost DK artifact is as close as anything in the game will ever be to a character having Frostmourne. The questline to obtain it makes it very clear that you are essentially reforging the blade for your own means.

If people using the F-word to describe anything that isn't 100% literally the exact version of the weapon that Arthas used with no changes whatsoever bothers you, then fucking get over it. It is what it is.
You are getting way too upset about this.
Frostmourne is a 2Her and has a specific model. The Frost weapons are 1Hers and are not that model.

If you want to RP it, fine. You can even use a model replacer if you want.

Anoregon

I do tend to get worked up when people are being belligerently obtuse about totally meaningless stuff, yes.

ampere

frostmourne hungers

does it hunger?

= frostmourne

There are so many cool artifact skins, but I do not want to play any alts in Legion. Blargh lol.

Anoregon

Fnotmourne?

There are so many cool artifact skins, but I do not want to play any alts in Legion. Blargh lol.

I still don't even know what class I want to focus on when it launches. I'm still unhappy with blizzard's reluctance to do anything about how clunky Demonic Empowerment makes demo feel, so I'm pretty sour on warlock atm. I really like Unholy DK, but my group is so melee heavy that I'd feel bad going melee. Enhance would be cool too. Stupid sexy melee.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Here's my current alt brigade:

93 Warrior
91 Hunter
90 Priest
71 Shaman
62 Rogue

Probably not touching Priest, so I might write him off. Warrior and Rogue seem the most appealing right now.

ampere

I still don't even know what class I want to focus on when it launches. I'm still unhappy with blizzard's reluctance to do anything about how clunky Demonic Empowerment makes demo feel, so I'm pretty sour on warlock atm. I really like Unholy DK, but my group is so melee heavy that I'd feel bad going melee. Enhance would be cool too. Stupid sexy melee.

Haven't decided if I'm going to commit to raiding yet, if I don't I'll probably be more inclined to dick around on alts

Warlocks are always a good choice for raiding, summon is very convenient

Strimei

Did they add in a graphic for Outlaw Rogues for Opportunity? (The proc for a free pistol shot)

I don't remember seeing it yesterday.

edit: This:

kdnQpW1.png

Did they add in a graphic for Outlaw Rogues for Opportunity? (The proc for a free pistol shot)

I don't remember seeing it yesterday.

edit: This:

kdnQpW1.png

Yeah I noticed that as well, glad they did it was one of the few abiliites that didn't have some graphic to go along with it.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Fraudmorne

Outlaw Rogue is amazing, and i say as someone who HATED Rogues ever since 2008
I'm leaning towards Rogue. As fun as Fury Warrior is it's not different enough from Frost DK for me. It has one or two more "Hulk smash" buttons. Whirlwind is nice, though...

Naito

What are the main advantages of Assassination Rogue compared to Outlaw (or viceversa)?
I don't really like the outlaw theme of the pirate swords, the assassination artifact weapons also lay on the back… which is much cooler.

That Unholy sword is so bad looking, in pretty much every skin and color variation. My biggest gripe is how short and stubby it looks :< At least I'll be able to xmog it to something else.

cdyhybrid

What are the main advantages of Assassination Rogue compared to Outlaw (or viceversa)?
I don't really like the outlaw theme of the pirate swords, the assassination artifact weapons also lay on the back… which is much cooler.
Less RNG, absolutely disgusting single-target damage.

Anoregon

You call it obtuse, I call it lore-conscious ;)

I'm sure you do

That Unholy sword is so bad looking, in pretty much every skin and color variation. My biggest gripe is how short and stubby it looks :< At least I'll be able to xmog it to something else.

Really? I grabbed it on beta, just the base version, and thought it looked fine. The 2nd model seems bigger as well and is a fairly early unlock

SolVanderlyn

Death Knights ask you to suffer well.

Demon Hunters ask you to die well.

Demon Hunters don't fuck around.

shoreu

It's not complicated but it's also asininely nitpicky to harp about it. Not exactly frostmourne. Made out of frostmourne. It's not not frostmourne.

looks like a giant Cod peice

Really? I grabbed it on beta, just the base version, and thought it looked fine. The 2nd model seems bigger as well and is a fairly early unlock

Yeah I played with it on the beta and was not a fan. The bigger one is a bit better but still way too short/fat for how long it is. Going to stick with the blue Calamity's Edge =X

1pVoAB6.jpg

Tenebrous

Do some TBC transmog runs on my alt Warrior. Offhand Glaive, 20 mins later, Thoridal... Not bad.

Would GAF hate me if I vendored both?

Strimei

Yeah I noticed that as well, glad they did it was one of the few abiliites that didn't have some graphic to go along with it.

Ok good so it seems this is new then!

I do sometimes get a bit tunnel vision when playing and listening to podcasts, so there was a chance it's always been there and I never noticed.

Top Bottom