• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

rush777

I also use Vuhdo to track my resto druid hot timers on the raid frames so I know when rejuv, lifeblood, wild growth etc will expire. It is also pretty good at adding new debuffs or adding custom buffs from other classes that you want to track. When Monks were new, I added the Stagger debuff to their unit frame so I could see when they were still taking damage from it.

Now that is very interesting and useful. I will look into that for sure. Thank you.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I enjoyed the radio drama, but I had to laugh when Gul'dan 'used fel energies to make himself invisible'

like god damn 'magic' is so deus ex machina in blizzard's writing

Magnus

So all these connection problems, disconnects, etc. even for the launcher, they're all due to the DDOS bullshit? Fantastic.

Thanks for ruining some scarcely-had evening playtime, jerks.

Corsick

For tradeskillmaster, anyone know why it's saying something like a blacksmith hammer sells for 200g average? I've done one scan with the desktop version of it and some of the values seem bonkers.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
wowscrnshot_080216_21npszb.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Gotta wait another week ;_;

Looking forward to nuking my UI and starting fresh when Demon Hunters release.

I think how I want to do it though is just create new profiles on all the addons that I plan to keep and label them as "Legion - XXX" or something. That way I can keep my old stuff in the meantime so I don't cripple my ability to play if I need to hop on other characters and actually do stuff while I'm still in the process of setting up, and to serve as a backup.

Definitely will uninstall any addons I don't need or use anymore, disable ones that are class specific, etc. WeakAuras especially I need to go through and clean, delete old/non-functional auras.

Just want to clean it all up. Straight deleting all my profiles/settings and starting from complete scratch is too risky.

biaxident

We had 6 tanks for kazzak. Every tank died multiple times, as a 690 blood dk I had to pop all cd's just to tank him for any period of time. Are healers still adjusting or were all 6 tanks we had super squishy. Was odd for sure.

cdyhybrid

Fuuuuuuu was gonna go farm some honor in Ashran to buy a 1Her/shield for my Warrior and then I realized honor was gone :(

I guess I could try my hand at random BGs and hope for the best, since there aren't any invasions yet.

What 2 BGs do Hordies typically veto?

Artanisix

Fuuuuuuu was gonna go farm some honor in Ashran to buy a 1Her/shield for my Warrior and then I realized honor was gone :(

I guess I could try my hand at random BGs and hope for the best, since there aren't any invasions yet.

What 2 BGs do Hordies typically veto?

av and isle of conquest if you value your life

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
What other addons are you running? I kind of want to switch to a more simplistic UI--been running SUF forever but I feel like it's not necessary and my UI as a whole feels more cumbersome than I like.

GW2 UI does almost the whole thing for you. Still a work in progress tho.

Besides that only using Grid for Raid/Group frames and Atlasloot

Ashodin

GW2 UI does almost the whole thing for you. Still a work in progress tho.

Besides that only using Grid for Raid/Group frames and Atlasloot

I can't wait to see what the other skins for the other windows will look like. There's a lot to go on and if they can make the character panel like the Hero Panel in GW2... Wooh

Sajjaja

Any Alliance on Area 52 that have a guild I would be able to join? Solo leveling is pretty lonely. The experience is pretty jarring compared to my memories of idk...7 years ago? Talking in dungeons are met with silence lol.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Recently got back in the game. Leveling my warlock up to 100, so far I've tested the new demo and affli.. Not sure if it's just a gear issue but feels like Demo cast times take forever. I kinda like the whole "control multiple demons at once" but then again, you dont really control anything, it's just a dot that has a demon model. The whole minigame of spawning demons and then empowering them got old quite fast.

Affliction feels better than what I remember it being last time I played Warlock (Cata).

Also boosted a DK to 100 with the preorder. Frost feels so much nicer to use than Unholy, although Unholy seems like the god-spec at the moment.

Not sure why I can't get a good grasp on Unholy's rotation. Not entirely sure when to stack Festering Wound and when to spend those stacks instead. (Chose Soul Reaper as last talent on top of that). Death Coil-runic power dumping doesn't feel that great either.. All this, plus the pet-managing and Virulent Plague uptime feels like cooking a 5 course meal simultaneously; pretty damn stressful. I find myself rune-starved (and runic power capped) quite often.

Any DK tips for a new player? Any good weakaura-profiles (for either, frost or unholy)?

Any Alliance on Area 52 that have a guild I would be able to join? Solo leveling is pretty lonely. The experience is pretty jarring compared to my memories of idk...7 years ago? Talking in dungeons are met with silence lol.

Isn't Area 52 a wasteland for Alliance players? I think it's one of the most Horde heavy servers in the game...

EDIT: https://realmpop.com/us.html

Yup, it has 0.077 Alliance players for every Horde player. Ouch.

bakeray

What's the best way to make gold atm? Just resubbed a couple days ago and buying a game token wiped me out...

also is there a list of stuff that's going to be removed/unobtainable in Legion? trying to tie up some loose ends while I wait for the DH patch.

cdyhybrid

Recently got back in the game. Leveling my warlock up to 100, so far I've tested the new demo and affli.. Not sure if it's just a gear issue but feels like Demo cast times take forever. I kinda like the whole "control multiple demons at once" but then again, you dont really control anything, it's just a dot that has a demon model. The whole minigame of spawning demons and then empowering them got old quite fast.

Affliction feels better than what I remember it being last time I played Warlock (Cata).

Also boosted a DK to 100 with the preorder. Frost feels so much nicer to use than Unholy, although Unholy seems like the god-spec at the moment.

Not sure why I can't get a good grasp on Unholy's rotation. Not entirely sure when to stack Festering Wound and when to spend those stacks instead. (Chose Soul Reaper as last talent on top of that). Death Coil-runic power dumping doesn't feel that great either.. All this, plus the pet-managing and Virulent Plague uptime feels like cooking a 5 course meal simultaneously; pretty damn stressful. I find myself rune-starved (and runic power capped) quite often.

Any DK tips for a new player? Any good weakaura-profiles (for either, frost or unholy)?

http://www.wowhead.com/guides/classes/death-knight/unholy/overview
http://www.wowhead.com/guides/classes/death-knight/frost/overview
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oFaFHVaNX0k__unh18Uc2nHdL9hMMHIcHQYb4t2vnEc/edit

These are just for prepatch.

OH MY GOD, I can move when channeling a healing spell as a Mistwalker, WHAT IN THE WORLD blizzard were thinking the monk looks stupid moving like that

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag

Thanks, been checking Wowhead and Icy-Veins out a little. I dunno, still feels like I'm doing something wrong, haha.

Also, kinda noticed in the Wowhead-guides the notes about survivability. I definitely felt like I was weak as hell for a plate class with downtime between fights while questing. Gotta get used to popping those cooldowns more.

cdyhybrid

Thanks, been checking Wowhead and Icy-Veins out a little. I dunno, still feels like I'm doing something wrong, haha.

Also, kinda noticed in the Wowhead-guides the notes about survivability. I definitely felt like I was weak as hell for a plate class with downtime between fights while questing. Gotta get used to popping those cooldowns more.

Those guides are mainly for raids. I think most people are geared enough by now to just mow down anything they need to kill out in the world.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Those guides are mainly for raids. I think most people are geared enough by now to just mow down anything they need to kill out in the world.

Okay. So I had ilvl 640 gear coming out of the boost, and went to Tanaan after hitting the training dummy for a bit. The first gauntlet-pathway (running up to the cannon) kicked my ass quite hard when one fight (with 2-3 mobs) would get me to 30-40% hp and then more mobs would already come down the hill. I made it through but sure felt like Vanilla warrior with all that downtime.

Felt like the content was something I should be able to handle just fine, though?

cdyhybrid

Okay. So I had ilvl 640 gear coming out of the boost, and went to Tanaan after hitting the training dummy for a bit. The first gauntlet-pathway (running up to the cannon) kicked my ass quite hard when one fight (with 2-3 mobs) would get me to 30-40% hp and then more mobs would already come down the hill. I made it through but sure felt like Vanilla warrior with all that downtime.

Felt like the content was something I should be able to handle just fine, though?

You're probably on the low end for what can handle Tanaan. That zone came out with two (well, 1.5 is probably more accurate) raid tiers released already, and LFR gear for the second raid was...655?

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
You're probably on the low end for what can handle Tanaan. That zone came out with two (well, 1.5 is probably more accurate) raid tiers released already, and LFR gear for the second raid was...655?

Oh wow, that's reassuring. I was thinking I've gotten too old for this game. Maybe I'll hit some dungeons and LFR before launch.

Top Bottom