• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

M.D

Can you still get loot from Kazzak if you don't have a shipyard and get to Tannan via a summon or some other means?

Robin64

Can you still get loot from Kazzak if you don't have a shipyard and get to Tannan via a summon or some other means?

Yep

Weird, the quest to get level 3 Infernal Brimstone mining in Legion tasks you with defeating Archimonde in Hellfire Citadel.

mclem

EU folks: There were some people last week after Normal/Heroic raids and/or Archi HC kills, but they were largely asking after we'd done much of them, so I could only bring it up in passing. This week, however, it's a fresh reset, so if people want to join our bunch for any of that content, PM me here or hit me up on my Battle.net ID, which is posted in email tags below:

(I think that's right, it's from memory. I might edit this post to correct it when I get home if not!)

A little caveat, as I've mentioned before: We're not a brilliant guild. Expect kills, don't expect trivial oneshots - but hopefully we can help some GAFfers get their Archi mounts - or a little tour of heroic bosses - while they're still available.

Wraith walk is such a shitty ability, get's stuck on everything, can't do anything during it, only lasts a couple seconds, and isn't even very fast so it doesn't even take you very far. But naw lets death's advance, a 15% movement speed increase unholy as had since inception, to shave 15 seconds off of WW.

Naw fuck off blizz, I'm done.

ACE 1991

On an unrelated note, after coming back after 6 years, I had forgotten how good WoW's combat just feels... Even though I really like the combat system in more modern games like Guild Wars 2, there is just something so satisfying and tactile about WoW, which is nuts because the game is 12 years old.

mclem

I wish blizzard would make a post about why they're having issues. Are they not used to more than 6mil people playing or something? Haven't they been prepared for millions for years now?

They're going full RP. The Legion are coming back, and they are not prepared.

Asd202

On an unrelated note, after coming back after 6 years, I had forgotten how good WoW's combat just feels... Even though I really like the combat system in more modern games like Guild Wars 2, there is just something so satisfying and tactile about WoW, which is nuts because the game is 12 years old.

WoW combat shines in raids IMO especially the mythic ones. The mechanics and encounter designs are just so good. Solo it's pretty boring.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't believe it's ever been an efficient form of XP compared to quests/dungeons, no.

It used to be pretty good I leveled some characters exclusively off bg xp in Cata, I don't remember when but at some point they nerfed bg xp hard and it's been shit ever since, mists or wod.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Is it a known issue for the timewarp vendor to be missing? It's cata week and it should be Kiatke at the Cata portals in SW/Org, yeah?

tmespe

As usual with every expansion I'm having trouble finding a class. Too difficult to chose. Think I'll just go for the shaman since I just got him to 100.

styl3s

I've heard Mage is in a really good spot right now. Hunter seems to be mixed.
I'm thinking about using my boost on a Mage because i don't like what they have done to the Hunter since the last time i played.

Either Mage or use it to boost my Warlock since i am too lazy to get those last 15 levels.

Milennia

I think having a passive speed buff makes more sense than a sprint for DKs. That change is weird

a sprint should be better for most situations because if you use it at a proper time it you will always get more out of it than passive speed, hence why druid talents give the option between the two and most people still choose the sprint/blink

idk dk movement has always been ass afaik, dont see too many people complaining either

a 3 second 70% isnt too bad since you dont really move much more then that in legion during encounters especially on that cd

its like the end of a greater blink movement speed bonus except 1 extra second and much faster, you should be able to use abilities during it though, thats dumb as hell for 3 seconds

pretty sure they can do that as well as make it 5 seconds, but for some reason they like dk having no movement and i guess the ability is like this because of that

cdyhybrid

a sprint should be better for most situations because if you use it at a proper time it you will always get more out of it than passive speed, hence why druid talents give the option between the two and most people still choose the sprint/blink

idk dk movement has always been ass afaik, dont see too many people complaining either

a 3 second 70% isnt too bad since you dont really move much more then that in legion during encounters especially on that cd

its like the end of a greater blink movement speed bonus except 1 extra second and much faster, you should be able to use abilities during it though, thats dumb as hell for 3 seconds

pretty sure they can do that as well as make it 5 seconds, but for some reason they like dk having no movement and i guess the ability is like this because of that

#fantasy

Rambaldi

I got my Tauren Druid to 100 last night. Now I only have three classes left before I have all my horde toons capped. Which probably won't happen before Legion. Just need a warlock, rogue, and demon hunter (obviously).

So happy about the reduced spawn time for Galleon and Oondasta. Both of those were really annoying to wait for, especially with the fix to realm hopping.

Jag

I shouldnt do these if im 96 right?

I think the TW gear scales down, so if you get the quest item after a TW dungeon, you can check the vendor. Maybe hold onto the marks and try to hit 100 before Tuesday. One TW run can get you a ton of cheap 675 gear with the weekly 500 mark reward.

I'm happy they kept the Dalaran vendor cause I got my Wraithcharger mount. Closest I'll get to Invincible most likely.

What addon packs do you guys use? I'm very particular about having a UI that is as uncluttered as possible.
I'm not sure of any particular 'packs' I use but for my UI I use Shadow Unit Frames. EvilUI I know is really popular but I never cared for it personally.

Finally decided to go back and buy all the old mounts I never bought from rep venders and the like, picked up the Transmog Yakk mount (the expensive one) as well since I can more then afford the stupid thing.

So quick question (which I'm sure I already know the answer to), there isn't any way to go back and do the Challege modes right? I really should have done those just never found the time to do so now regreting it seeing all the transmog/mounts I missed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So happy about the reduced spawn time for Galleon and Oondasta. Both of those were really annoying to wait for, especially with the fix to realm hopping.

yeah, I just don't know if i want to throw in doing all those weekly on my alts again. the idea of farming that many coins for bonus rolls on 14 characters. blargh

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Waited the full duration for Sha to respawn, go to him when he respawns then get phased over to another shard. What the fuck.

Blizzard fix your fucking shit or don't use it.

demonkaze

Just reposting this from the Legion Preview thread for more answers:

So my brother and me are thinking about playing this game again because Legion looks good. We haven't played since the launch of Cataclysm and even then didn't play much of it, I don't even think we have our old account info.

Would it be best to start fresh if we do have our account info or boost the character Level? I'd imagine if you boosted you wouldnt know much about how to play your class and end up skipping the past expansions story/content.

On the other hand though I don't know if i could level in the vanilla zones again, is it much quicker these days?

You listened to that and thought kadgar was the jerk?

Lmao.

Well, it was his job to search for Guldan and Maiev had a point of how Khadgar didnt noticed the stolen ship or the ship burning or the corpses, I mean I understand defending Illidan's places is more important for the night elves.

Tarazet

I got Loremaster a few months ago.

I have 10 level 100 toons.

Still working on Firelands dailies and just started Argent Tournament as well.

Restarting Venomhide dailies.

Restarting Garrison stables dailies.

Need to farm up Frostwolf, Steamwheedle, and a couple other reps for the mounts. Would it be easier if I wait until Legion, or did they change the costs/requirements?

cdyhybrid

Just reposting this from the Legion Preview thread for more answers:

So my brother and me are thinking about playing this game again because Legion looks good. We haven't played since the launch of Cataclysm and even then didn't play much of it, I don't even think we have our old account info.

Would it be best to start fresh if we do have our account info or boost the character Level? I'd imagine if you boosted you wouldnt know much about how to play your class and end up skipping the past expansions story/content.

On the other hand though I don't know if i could level in the vanilla zones again, is it much quicker these days?
Cata revamped all the old world questing, so that's fine now. BC and Wrath (somewhat) are not as good but you can blaze through those pretty fast.

If you want to do end game content immediately, use the boost. If not, just level up. There are plenty of guides out there to catch you up if you boost a character.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't mind Khadgar, but prolonged exposure to him kind of makes me want to use the 'MS' word.

He's experienced and aged but good looking, he's extremely powerful and does things no other mages can do, he's a sexy badass rebel who doesn't do what the Council wants, and he is always cracking jokes. He seems to have no real flaws.

demonkaze

Cata revamped all the old world questing, so that's fine now. BC and Wrath (somewhat) are not as good but you can blaze through those pretty fast.

If you want to do end game content immediately, use the boost. If not, just level up. There are plenty of guides out there to catch you up if you boost a character.

Seems we have Authenticator issues and can't get into our old accounts. If we made new accounts would we get a boost with it or would we have to start again?

cdyhybrid

Seems we have Authenticator issues and can't get into our old accounts. If we made new accounts would we get a boost with it or would we have to start again?
I think you only get the boost on whatever account you bought Legion on? Not sure. Either way, I'd contact Blizzard CS, they're usually very helpful and should get you fixed up.

carlsojo

I don't mind Khadgar, but prolonged exposure to him kind of makes me want to use the 'MS' word.

He's experienced and aged but good looking, he's extremely powerful and does things no other mages can do, he's a sexy badass rebel who doesn't do what the Council wants, and he is always cracking jokes. He seems to have no real flaws.

I think his flaw this expansion is going to be a big old knife in his back when he's murdered.

Top Bottom