• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Considering Garrosh banished the warlocks from Orgrimmar, I really doubt Garrosh would let Sylvannas continue to use the Scourge for actions he considered 'disgusting' and against the laws of nature.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sylvanas (and the Forsaken) has too big a story left untold to face her end any time soon. Can't think of any Horde leaders she is on particularly bad terms with either.

Sylvanas (and the Forsaken) has too big a story left untold to face her end any time soon. Can't think of any Horde leaders she is on particularly bad terms with either.

They all might not be ready to plot behind her back like they did for Garrosh but there is clear open hostility between her and Lothemar when she offered to revive his dead soldiers during SoO and pretty much every leader sees her as a potential threat. I would not be surprised if she is planning something big and may end up being an end boss at some point or hell maybe even try to start her own faction if things fall through with the horde.

Strimei

Need an opinion, which weapon looks better for a sorta pirate look I've got going for an Outlaw Rogue? The cutlasses in the top picture or rapiers in the bottom?

HJVv9RI.png

Cutlasses generally seem better suited for a pirate look but rapiers are kinda fancy and I like them too. Worst comes to worst I'll just flip between the two for it from time to time.

B00TE

Need an opinion, which weapon looks better for a sorta pirate look I've got going for an Outlaw Rogue? The cutlasses in the top picture or rapiers in the bottom?

Cutlasses generally seem better suited for a pirate look but rapiers are kinda fancy and I like them too. Worst comes to worst I'll just flip between the two for it from time to time.

I use the cutlasses on my rogue, they look fantastic.

Got my monk to 100, I was sorta eh on the class until I got the hit combo talent. Dunno how good it is as a talent, but making me think about the rotation made the class a lot more fun. Before, I was just mashing the punch over and over then using spenders, now I'm actually weaving them between the spenders. It's a really fun thing imo.

Negator

I don't mind Khadgar, but prolonged exposure to him kind of makes me want to use the 'MS' word.

He's experienced and aged but good looking, he's extremely powerful and does things no other mages can do, he's a sexy badass rebel who doesn't do what the Council wants, and he is always cracking jokes. He seems to have no real flaws.

But you missed the part where Khadgar is a shit wizard.

phierce

The bottom pic.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
god damn I'd like to get into a mythic highmaul or BRF group that isn't fucking carry city

I'm on my 708 Warlock. Who is shit and I'm surprised to get into one. And as they pull Kargath, I notice my position on the recount meters. And I know I ain't shit. So the fact that I"m number 2 sends off a huge red alarm. Mother fuckers in sub 25k DPS except the DK. Like I know everyone's not geared to the teeth but fucking really? My normal geared Warlock is supposed to be the carry? And this shit seems to happen any time I go looking for a mythic HM or BRF pug.

I really miss openqueeu because you could actually plan this stuff out better and it went a lot smoother because you knew what you were getting. I hate that group finder has basically replaced openqueue at this point.

Strimei

I use the cutlasses on my rogue, they look fantastic.

Got my monk to 100, I was sorta eh on the class until I got the hit combo talent. Dunno how good it is as a talent, but making me think about the rotation made the class a lot more fun. Before, I was just mashing the punch over and over then using spenders, now I'm actually weaving them between the spenders. It's a really fun thing imo.

They do fit the pirate theme a bit better, admittedly. Well I have 20 slots for transmog sets, I'll have one with both, heh.

I haven't done number crunching or read much on the numbers but I think hit combo is a pretty good choice. Plus it works well with the mastery which increases the damage of an ability if it isn't the same as the one before it, as I recall.

I like cutlasses.

Artifact is cutlasses as well.

Good point.

I like the bottom

Rapiers at the bottom. The cutlasses at the top have enormous hand guards.

The bottom pic.

Fair amount for bottom too I see. Alrighty, I'll keep both and flip between the two from time to time. I can rarely keep myself to one set for too long anyway, so all good! Thanks all!

Tacitus_

I think he just gave her a warning , no ? Since the horde is open mind and that stuff

Reasonable!Garrosh didn't like her doing that

Garrosh Hellscream says: Have you given any thought to what this means, Sylvanas?
Garrosh Hellscream says: What difference is there between you and the Lich King now?
Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: Isn't it obvious, Warchief? I serve the Horde.
Garrosh Hellscream says: Watch your clever mouth, bitch.
Garrosh Hellscream says: Cromush, you stay behind and make sure the Banshee Queen is well "guarded." I will be expecting a full report when next we meet.
High Warlord Cromush says: As you command, Warchief!
Garrosh Hellscream says: Remember, Sylvanas, eventually we all have to stand before our maker and face judgment. Your day may come sooner than others...

But Reasonable!Garrosh got axed mid Cataclysm so we could get the Pandaland plotline.

Strimei

Goddamn. I just barely finished 2.

They seem to be putting them out every day thus far. I imagine they want it all out by the time of the Broken Shore, since this is, well, the prelude.

A dev posted that the action cam would be disabled in a patch, so yes, I imagine it was in that patch. It'll be re-enabled in the future. It was apparently activating for some people without any input and causing motion sickness.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Horde's mind isn't that open, but Garrosh doesn't have the intimidation factor to force her to do anything considering the fact that she stared him down.

Think it was more that Garrosh was in the middle of a war with the Alliance and Deathwing and didn't need to lose the Forsaken army.

Keep in mind that the Kor'kron still had Undercity on lockdown at that point. Garrosh could have had the place sacked in a heartbeat.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Someone pointed out that since all enchants don't work in PVP, including runeforges, the Frost talent shattering strikes is 100% useless in it. I just tested it in a bg and yeah no razor ice stacks/procs on enemies.

So if you take that talent in pvp it's a 100% waste.

So not do we only have 2 artifacts talents that are 100% wasted in PVP, but also a normal talent, neither of which are said in game.

Do their teams not communicate at all or what?

I almost feel like that's a bug/unintentional. Runeforges are a part of the DK kit and their overall strength is balanced with them in mind. It's a pretty dumb move to deactivate them in PVP.

erawsd

They all might not be ready to plot behind her back like they did for Garrosh but there is clear open hostility between her and Lothemar when she offered to revive his dead soldiers during SoO and pretty much every leader sees her as a potential threat. I would not be surprised if she is planning something big and may end up being an end boss at some point or hell maybe even try to start her own faction if things fall through with the horde.

I wouldnt call that open hostility. Sylvanas offers to raise the fallen Blood Elves and Lothemar angrily rejects the offer, he doesnt have a problem with her rezing alliance soldiers though. I doubt Sylvanas will turn on the horde. Dancing along that line is pretty much been her character from the start and I think Blizzard likes to tease it, but shes remained loyal and I dont think we'll see her turn -- def no time soon.

zeemumu

Think it was more that Garrosh was in the middle of a war with the Alliance and Deathwing and didn't need to lose the Forsaken army.

Keep in mind that the Kor'kron still had Undercity on lockdown at that point. Garrosh could have had the place sacked in a heartbeat.

It sounded more like he realized the full extent of her "I've seen some shit" stare

At that moment, nobody dared look Sylvanas Windrunner in the eye. Nobody but Garrosh Hellscream.
What he saw was a great black void, an infinite darkness. There was fear in those eyes, but also something else. Something that terrified even the great
warchief. His wolf began to edge away instinctively.

dimb

I wouldnt call that open hostility. Sylvanas offers to raise the fallen Blood Elves and Lothemar angrily rejects the offer, he doesnt have a problem with her rezing alliance soldiers though. I doubt Sylvanas will turn on the horde. Dancing along that line is pretty much been her character from the start and I think Blizzard likes to tease it, but shes remained loyal and I dont think we'll see her turn in the horde -- def no time soon.
Not only that, but at this point SoO is years past in the story. The Broken Shore says everything it needs to about who holds the Horde together, and if anything Lor'themar has posed a greater threat to the existence of the Horde than Sylvanas ever has. He is the one that fails to control even those directly beneath him. None of the Horde leaders clash with Sylvanas in the same way they did with Garrosh.

carlsojo

Install Lady Liadrin. I'd follow her to death.

If anyone other than Fordring or the player character deserved Ashbringer, it'd be her. It's pretty cool that someone who was fundamentally evil in Burning Crusade is now one of the greatest champions of good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You also have to remember, if Mograine finds out about what Sylvannas did to Klotira, the Knights of the Ebon Blade will want vengeance.

Ashodin

If anyone other than Fordring or the player character deserved Ashbringer, it'd be her. It's pretty cool that someone who was fundamentally evil in Burning Crusade is now one of the greatest champions of good.

She wasn't evil, just misguided about her powers. She wanted to restore the Light to the Blood Elves, but did it in the only way she saw possible. Now that they've been redeemed by M'uru, A'dal told her that she has another destiny ahead of her.

I'd love to see more where this goes.

As a lifelong Paladin player in WoW (since TBC anyway), I'm thoroughly excited to dive into the lore they've got in the expansion. Bring it!

carlsojo

You also have to remember, if Mograine finds out about what Sylvannas did to Klotira, the Knights of the Ebon Blade will want vengeance.

So here's the thing! If Garrosh had found out what Koltira was doing (i.e. going easy on the Alliance), he would have had him executed and likely started shit between the Ebon Blade and the Horde. Sylvanas kidnapping him was actually for the best.

dimb

I am fairly certain that Blizzard is going to release the Legion cutscenes in a big post like they did for WoD this Friday. They don't really have another time for it since that stuff has to go in for Tuesday.

ampere

Someone pointed out that since all enchants don't work in PVP, including runeforges, the Frost talent shattering strikes is 100% useless in it. I just tested it in a bg and yeah no razor ice stacks/procs on enemies.

So if you take that talent in pvp it's a 100% waste.

So not do we only have 2 artifacts talents that are 100% wasted in PVP, but also a normal talent, neither of which are said in game.

Do their teams not communicate at all or what?

They don't communicate as much as they should, and they were a bit overambitious with system changes in Legion. Make a bug report forum thread about it.

Rambaldi

I don't mind Khadgar, but prolonged exposure to him kind of makes me want to use the 'MS' word.

He's experienced and aged but good looking, he's extremely powerful and does things no other mages can do, he's a sexy badass rebel who doesn't do what the Council wants, and he is always cracking jokes. He seems to have no real flaws.

I love Khadgar and I play horde. I want him to stay around "forever" but not get super overexposed. But I find him charming and amusing.

I love Khadgar and I play horde. I want him to stay around "forever" but not get super overexposed. But I find him charming and amusing.

Remember Nazgrim, I really miss that big guy, he was the only NPC as I remember who actually remembers your actions in previous expansions

Strimei

Finally get home from work and I can't log in =[ is that ddos shit still going on?

Was fine earlier but I'm seeing posts about it elsewhere so I guess they started up again.

Best prepare for this to happen for a while, I wouldn't be surprised if a ddos happens during Legion's full launch.

shoreu

Didn't he get aged from taking an L from Medhiv.

His old model made him look far too old. He looks about 40 something with grey hair.

Yep DDoS. While I'm sure this is likely because of Overwatch cheaters being banned a lot of DDoS attacks also happened right before Warlords came out as well and lasted a few weeks into the expansion.

erawsd

Yep DDoS. While I'm sure this is likely because of Overwatch cheaters being banned a lot of DDoS attacks also happened right before Warlords came out as well and lasted a few weeks into the expansion.

Yeah, I ended getting the Amazon version for the discount just because Im expecting a shitshow at launch that I wont be able to enjoy anyway.

Top Bottom