• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Entropia

No One Remembers
I don't mind Khadgar, but prolonged exposure to him kind of makes me want to use the 'MS' word.

He's experienced and aged but good looking, he's extremely powerful and does things no other mages can do, he's a sexy badass rebel who doesn't do what the Council wants, and he is always cracking jokes. He seems to have no real flaws.

MS Word?

Microsoft Word?

Mortal Strike Word?

Khadgar is the new Thrall.

Khadgar will probably be dead at the end of this expansion or sometime in the next one. Bank it. I think he only got a lot of exposure in WOD and Legion is because... lol the Warcraft movie.

mclem

EU folks: There were some people last week after Normal/Heroic raids and/or Archi HC kills, but they were largely asking after we'd done much of them, so I could only bring it up in passing. This week, however, it's a fresh reset, so if people want to join our bunch for any of that content, PM me here or hit me up on my Battle.net ID, which is posted in email tags below:

(I think that's right, it's from memory. I might edit this post to correct it when I get home if not!)

A little caveat, as I've mentioned before: We're not a brilliant guild. Expect kills, don't expect trivial oneshots - but hopefully we can help some GAFfers get their Archi mounts - or a little tour of heroic bosses - while they're still available.

Just to add, for EU mounthunters: Looks like we'll be doing Archi tonight, so if you can get hold of me, I can try to get you guys in.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't mind Khadgar, but prolonged exposure to him kind of makes me want to use the 'MS' word.

He's experienced and aged but good looking, he's extremely powerful and does things no other mages can do, he's a sexy badass rebel who doesn't do what the Council wants, and he is always cracking jokes. He seems to have no real flaws.
He's considerably less rounded than some of the other protagonists in the Warcraft universe. I see him as being pretty headstrong and rash. Stacked up against Thrall, Medivh, and Medan he's not really strong in a way that seems unreasonable. He did not even contribute very much to the fight against Archimonde, other than giving the ring to the player.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
And I have spent enough time in PVP and PVE with all three Warlock specs that I've mostly come around on them. There's still some stuff I'd like to see changed, some ways for Demonic Empowerment to feel core but not feel so spammy, Demonwrath needs to be completely reworked. It's a shit AOE ability. Here's Mind Sear but somehow EVEN WORSE. It does kind of suck that 2/3 of the specs have significant ramp up time, Affliction especially and the third spec is RNG bullshit. Demonology is predictable as hell, but it's nice to have some of that predictability compared to the aforementioned Destruction. Destruction feels like the spec I'm least interested in, but I wouldn't be opposed to playing it if it pulls ahead.

Right now I think my preference would be Affliction while building Demonology and Destruction in the backpocket. As I said before, the stat priority right now works out so that Demo and Affliction sets can run very similar so that's a nice plus if you're keeping both Artifacts as up to date as you can.

Affliction is really fun in PVP right now. BGs and Arena. And it looks like it'll only get better with Honor talents.

I got the impression the Player is the prominent figure in WoD and Kahdgar is more like your multi tool assistant but I agree he is getting the spotlight again and I guess it makes sense, the horde doesnt have anyone for that roll outside Thrall I think.

Pyrogeek

I have been having a blast since hopping back in with the pre-patch, though I've been mainly playing by myself.

Are any GAF guilds accepting new members? I play mainly evenings and weekends Pacific Time US.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hope Aethas is swerved as the new head of the council so he can see Jaina and be like
tumblr_inline_nqeualMzzi1r3fd6o_500.gif

Lanrutcon

I have a problem.

My Shaman has max mining and herbalism. Wtf is he going to do with all the BOP ingredients in Legion?

Raxious

Finally got my druid to 100, but now need to think about professions. I got no other character on this server, so what would you guys recommend? Preferably something I can make money with. Was thinking either Herbalism / Inscription, or maybe Enchanting / Tailoring.

Lanrutcon

Finally got my druid to 100, but now need to think about professions. I got no other character on this server, so what would you guys recommend? Preferably something I can make money with. Was thinking either Herbalism / Inscription, or maybe Enchanting / Tailoring.

Skinning/Leatherworking.

All the cool kids will be playing their Demon Hunters...who wear leather. Hint hint.

carlsojo

Val'kyr, sorry. Fixed. Still. That sounds like a boss mechanic.

I expect her to have a plot independent from the Legion plotline, like Ulduar was for Wrath

Her and the Forsaken vs
Greymane and the Worgen
seems like it's a pretty integral part of the over arching storyline, much like the draenei vs blood elves in BC.

Sylv is already clashing with the Horde, I think the plot needs a little push to makes her angry with everyone and starts killing everyone on her land

Who is she clashing with? Garrosh? :) the blood elves are cool with her for obvious reasons, and she Broken Shore
saves Baine.
Orcs and Trolls will fall in line.

ampere

I have a problem.

My Shaman has max mining and herbalism. Wtf is he going to do with all the BOP ingredients in Legion?

I think you could still make Obliterum, and possibly sell it or use it for BoEs you buy, even if you don't have a crafting profession

But you're probably going to want at least one crafting profession on your main in Legion. Consider getting JC or Alchemy and dropping the gathering profession you don't need

zeemumu

Who is she clashing with? Garrosh? :) the blood elves are cool with her for obvious reasons, and she Broken Shore
saves Baine.
Orcs and Trolls will fall in line.

Even Garrosh though she was fucked up when she was talking about continuing to raise the dead. Garrosh. The guy who tried to contaminate an entire continent with monochrome blood just because.

cdyhybrid

Can't decide between Skinning/LW and Herb/Scribe for my DH. Scribe trinkets are good, but you can get better ones from dungeons, and crafted armor could come in handy to help offset bad drop luck. Plus, LW would let me craft half of the needed items to unlock the Obliterum Forge.

MMaRsu

EU folks: There were some people last week after Normal/Heroic raids and/or Archi HC kills, but they were largely asking after we'd done much of them, so I could only bring it up in passing. This week, however, it's a fresh reset, so if people want to join our bunch for any of that content, PM me here or hit me up on my Battle.net ID, which is posted in email tags below:

(I think that's right, it's from memory. I might edit this post to correct it when I get home if not!)

A little caveat, as I've mentioned before: We're not a brilliant guild. Expect kills, don't expect trivial oneshots - but hopefully we can help some GAFfers get their Archi mounts - or a little tour of heroic bosses - while they're still available.

Hey man, what level do you need to be to join? Im only lvl 96 and have like 5000 gold now but I havent unlocked the Tanaan questline yet. Ill add u on Bnet anyway :)

carlsojo

Even Garrosh though she was fucked up when she was talking about continuing to raise the dead. Garrosh. The guy who tried to contaminate an entire continent with monochrome blood just because.

He didn't care enough to tell her no. He knew it was necessary.

Vol'Jinn was cool with it and told the alliance if they didn't team up to take orgrimmar he'd let her send in the valkyr.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He didn't care enough to tell her no. He knew it was necessary.

Vol'Jinn was cool with it and told the alliance if they didn't team up to take orgrimmar he'd let her send in the valkyr.

He did tell her no. He told her to stop doing it. It's why he left the Overlord with her.

carlsojo

He did tell her no. He told her to stop doing it. It's why he left the Overlord with her.

No he didn't. He talked a bunch of shit but never told her no. He left Overlord Mohawk with her to keep her in line.

Edit: Another hellscream rep told her not to use the blight, but she did anyway.

Ashodin

No he didn't. He talked a bunch of shit but never told her no. He left Overlord Mohawk with her to keep her in line.

Edit: Another hellscream rep told her not to use the blight, but she did anyway.

And they still have the blight EVERYWHERE in Lordaeron. It's in the first goddamn town lol

Sylvanas and the blight are running unchecked

Someone pointed out that since all enchants don't work in PVP, including runeforges, the Frost talent shattering strikes is 100% useless in it. I just tested it in a bg and yeah no razor ice stacks/procs on enemies.

So if you take that talent in pvp it's a 100% waste.

So not do we only have 2 artifacts talents that are 100% wasted in PVP, but also a normal talent, neither of which are said in game.

Do their teams not communicate at all or what?

Top Bottom