• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Lomax

I wonder if these Overwatch script kiddies are going to be bored by the time Legion launches or if we'll still be dealing with these issues on top of the typical launch clog.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Boy, Preach puts out some dumb videos

'I want to fill 2 roles'
'I don't want to tank'
later in the video
'I don't want to raid as a healer'

are you daffy m8

biaxident

'I want to fill 2 roles'
'I don't want to tank'
later in the video

are you daffy m8

Well preacher eliminated most roles cause he's pushed mythic/world firsts with them before. That's why he didnt wanna heal, he's already had world firsts as a priest healer type. He has a weird way of eliminating specs because it's his pure preference, and he says that in the video a bunch.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

'I want to fill 2 roles'
'I don't want to tank'
later in the video

are you daffy m8
He's so full of hot air. With how artifacts are set up it's hard to see guilds really asking people to swap roles just for a fight when you could just bring another person or an alt that would be more powerful. I don't blame someone that played Rogue in WoD for wanting to push themselves and being completely turned off of melee though.

Dugna

'I want to fill 2 roles'
'I don't want to tank'
later in the video

are you daffy m8

Yep, I was thinking he would choose shaman because atleast he could could heal and dps...but then he mentions he doesn't like enh.....like enh wouldn't be needed because he stated he wouldn't be mythic raiding....

biaxident

Yep, I was thinking he would choose shaman because atleast he could could heal and dps...but then he mentions he doesn't like enh.....like enh wouldn't be needed because he stated he wouldn't be mythic raiding....

Well he said he is going to be a mythic raider. He didn't choose shaman cause he doesn't like melee trolls but loves caster trolls, and he came to the conclusion that it's best and most fun for him to push as a pure dps and not have to switch to healing for half a raid.

Dugna

Well he said he is going to be a mythic raider. He didn't choose shaman cause he doesn't like melee trolls but loves caster trolls, and he came to the conclusion that it's best and most fun for him to push as a pure dps and not have to switch to healing for half a raid.

no he said he wasn't going to mythic raid because of his children........

Fjordson

So is there something special I have to do to get Ragnaros to spawn in Firelands...?

Kill all the bosses (including Shannox) get to his room and...he doesn't show up. Really confused.

biaxident

no he said he wasn't going to mythic raid because of his children........

At the beginning he said he's going to be a mythic raider, later on he says he's not going to be bleeding edge world first type mythic raiders cause he has kids. So I assume he's going to be mythic, just not in contention for world firsts, thats how I took it.

Dugna

So is there something special I have to do to get Ragnaros to spawn in Firelands...?

Kill all the bosses (including Shannox) get to his room and...he doesn't show up. Really confused.

For heroic rag you need to kill each boss on heroic...if you miss even one he doesn't spawn on heroic.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
He's so full of hot air. With how artifacts are set up it's hard to see guilds really asking people to swap roles just for a fight when you could just bring another person or an alt that would be more powerful. I don't blame someone that played Rogue in WoD for wanting to push themselves and being completely turned off of melee though.

He mentioned Affliction was 'dire' but in his ranged videos, he put it in the same tier as all three mage specs. Same as the other two warlock specs. You change your mind THAT quickly? After putting out what you dubbed your final video on comparisons?

Like most WoW youtubers and streamers just like to hear themselves talk. But he's got to be one of the worst ones without going into soda territory.

cdyhybrid

Why is Heroic Leap even in the game? I'm standing on flat ground, targetting flat ground at the same elevation, and getting "You can't use that here."

What a shit ability.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Been fooling around with artifact quests of classes/specs I'm never going to play on the beta.

Enhance Shaman = Uhhh... you kill a lot of troggs... and then you get the Doomhammer. The weapon itself is cool, the quest, not so much.

Holy Priest = the most meh story of the bunch I played, but having it set up so you heal NPCs like in an instance was pretty cool.

Frost Mage = Pretty damn cool. Alodi is a nice character addition and the quest itself is involved and fun. I liked solving the mystery of what happened to Ebonchill, and the connections to the Council of Tirisfall.

Assassination Rogue = Metal Gear Warcraft. You infiltrate a major city and have to avoid being seen by guards. Also involves Duskwood, and who doesn't love Duskwood?

Balance Druid = HOLLLLLYYY SHIIIIT! This one was amazing! You get confirmation on who
the dark riders
of Deadwind Pass are, who were spoken of since WAY back in Vanilla, you visit
Karazhan's Crypt
, and the Scythe of Elune story finally gets a conclusion! The Druid class hall is really neat, too, in that you FINALLY get to see where those portals all over Azeroth lead to.

ampere

Why is Heroic Leap even in the game? I'm standing on flat ground, targetting flat ground at the same elevation, and getting "You can't use that here."

What a shit ability.

It works a lot of the time, but it still suffers from the "blink at the wrong spot and go nowhere" problem

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The newer content you're in, the better heroic leap is.

honestly, it's borderline unfair how much shit Heroic Leap could cheese in Draenor pre-flying

Ashodin

Been fooling around with artifact quests of classes/specs I'm never going to play on the beta.

Enhance Shaman = Uhhh... you kill a lot of troggs... and then you get the Doomhammer. The weapon itself is cool, the quest, not so much.

Holy Priest = the most meh story of the bunch I played, but having it set up so you heal NPCs like in an instance was pretty cool.

Frost Mage = Pretty damn cool. Alodi is a nice character addition and the quest itself is involved and fun. I liked solving the mystery of what happened to Ebonchill, and the connections to the Council of Tirisfall.

Assassination Rogue = Metal Gear Warcraft. You infiltrate a major city and have to avoid being seen by guards. Also involves Duskwood, and who doesn't love Duskwood?

Balance Druid = HOLLLLLYYY SHIIIIT! This one was amazing! You get confirmation on who
the dark riders
of Deadwind Pass are, who were spoken of since WAY back in Vanilla, you visit
Karazhan's Crypt
, and the Scythe of Elune story finally gets a conclusion! The Druid class hall is really neat, too, in that you FINALLY get to see where those portals all over Azeroth lead to.

I sense bias in these reviews

Maddrical

After swearing off WoW after the rubbish that was WoD, and having not much time to game nowadays, my mate has convinced me to join Legion. Of course. The rather heavy focus on questing & dungeons instead of just raiding at max level really appeals to me.

I haven't played a Warlock since Vanilla & TBC, but Demonology sounds pretty sweet now. Anyone have any impressions of them from the beta? I'm tossing up between that, Marksmanship Hunter or Arms Warrior. Potentially Ret Pally though I've never played a Pally and I've heard Ret Pallys are a bit boring. Dat sword though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
After swearing off WoW after the rubbish that was WoD, and having not much time to game nowadays, my mate has convinced me to join Legion. Of course. The rather heavy focus on questing & dungeons instead of just raiding at max level really appeals to me.

I haven't played a Warlock since Vanilla & TBC, but Demonology sounds pretty sweet now. Anyone have any impressions of them from the beta? I'm tossing up between that, Marksmanship Hunter or Arms Warrior. Potentially Ret Pally though I've never played a Pally and I've heard Ret Pallys are a bit boring. Dat sword though.

Aesthetically, Demonology is super cool. The rotation is offputting and I absolutely hated it first. I still think it needs work but the basic rotation is very, very predictable if that appeals to you at all. Well, with the current 'optimal' talent build. It is definitely the Warlock spec Blizzard spent the most time on in Legion since they redid it though it still suffers from dumb stuff like Grimoire of Supremacy. Give it a try and watch or read a guide on it because I didn't really understand the Empowerment rotation until I read up on Shadowy Inspiration and how it functioned.

You also get a floating skull for an artifact.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Aesthetically, Demonology is super cool. The rotation is offputting and I absolutely hated it first. I still think it needs work but the basic rotation is very, very predictable if that appeals to you at all. Well, with the current 'optimal' talent build. It is definitely the Warlock spec Blizzard spent the most time on in Legion since they redid it though it still suffers from dumb stuff like Grimoire of Supremacy. Give it a try and watch or read a guide on it because I didn't really understand the Empowerment rotation until I read up on Shadowy Inspiration and how it functioned.

You also get a floating skull for an artifact.

Wait what does shadowy inspiration do besides make shadowbolt instant?

zeemumu

Im extremely grateful for the trabsmog system byt im annoyed that my hunter was the one who got the warglaives of azzinoth

Rizzi

Unholy Death Knight is the most confusing, least fun spec to play in the entire game.
So hey, let's make them the only ones that can use 2h weapons and dps.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Blood uses 2h aswell. Only 1 DK spec doesnt.

But your posts are borderline parody at this point so /shrug

Robin64

http://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-warcraft/wow-demon-invasions-dark-whispers

This is where the new technology came in to play, and it’s all thanks to one of Warlords’ most-maligned features: the garrison. “At one point we thought, ‘so we got these garrisons and within the garrison technology it allowed you to spawn up buildings and swap them on the fly.’ That tech is what has allowed us to throw up giant demon buildings in demon invasions, and we didn’t know we could do that until we tried it and we put a giant demon spire in the middle of Westfall. As soon as we saw that we said ‘okay, that’s something new and different that I haven’t seen in WoW before - now lets see if the engineers will let us blow it up!’”

Garrisons good for something shocker!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp I guess its not just US bnet being hamemred by ddos, EU just went down

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
I'm kind of torn about the whole artifact thing.

I consider Frost DK and Affliction Warlock way more fun than Unholy / Demonology, but I can't escape the feeling that if things go how they seem and the less fun specs are going to be more powerful, I'd be shooting myself in the foot picking the first artifact for my favorite specs..

I can't escape this minmax mentality from my vanilla world first race -days :(

cdyhybrid

I'm kind of torn about the whole artifact thing.

I consider Frost DK and Affliction Warlock way more fun than Unholy / Demonology, but I can't escape the feeling that if things go how they seem and the less fun specs are going to be more powerful, I'd be shooting myself in the foot picking the first artifact for my favorite specs..

I can't escape this minmax mentality from my vanilla world first race -days :(

You get the rest of your Artifacts at 102, you'll only have a few points in your first Artifact by then, and only if you actually spend the items that give AP.

Top Bottom