• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Strimei

So is there a pretty good population of new players/alts getting leveled with the expansion coming out? I haven't played since like Lich King but I've been getting the itch. It'd def be more fun if the leveling zones are populated though.

I've been running through some low level stuff on my warrior to unlock plate armor options (since the only other plate alt I have I leveled pre-Cataclysm) and have seen a fair amount of level-appropriate people about.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That Illidan harbinger short was every bit as edgey and cornball as I thought it would be
They are all pretty awesome looking, but I choose you!
What is this set?

Also, un-related but is anyone else having issues keeping aggro (raiding) with a Guardian druid?

top is one of the launch of WOD PVP sets. ICan't remember the season number
bottom is the BRF Mythic warrior tier

ampere

I take a lot of damage on Tyrant now

29ESkeF.png

buff monks tho

(remove Ignore Pain, why do Warriors even have an absorb)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Just got an unexpected free moose run from a friend. I got the last of the DPS heirloom trinkets yesterday too, so I'm officially ready for Legion now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
so are Blizzard going to update the Worgen and Goblin models in Legion? They said they'd look at them after the older races got done. And while they haven't aged as bad as those, they still have extremely static faces compared to the new models.

cdyhybrid

so are Blizzard going to update the Worgen and Goblin models in Legion? They said they'd look at them after the older races got done. And while they haven't aged as bad as those, they still have extremely static faces compared to the new models.

Far too late for that. Maybe next expansion.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Worgen and Goblins looked about a million times better than any other race for two entire expansions. They had their time.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
0019ez4y

i'm sorry?
lol, you know what I meant. Even in that pic you can see the human model looks like cardboard by comparison. Like they're from two totally different games.

Xeteh

So is there a pretty good population of new players/alts getting leveled with the expansion coming out? I haven't played since like Lich King but I've been getting the itch. It'd def be more fun if the leveling zones are populated though.

I just finished leveling a Monk from 1-100 after not playing since Cata... there were people everywhere. Some zones are definitely more popular than others. Hellfire Peninsula in Outlands was a nightmare though. There were ~10 level 100 Horde camping the starting town for over an hour and my entire time in in that zone I was getting ganked by 100s or lower leveled players grouping. That was the only bad experience I had.

Respect

I just finished leveling a Monk from 1-100 after not playing since Cata... there were people everywhere. Some zones are definitely more popular than others. Hellfire Peninsula in Outlands was a nightmare though. There were ~10 level 100 Horde camping the starting town for over an hour and my entire time in in that zone I was getting ganked by 100s or lower leveled players grouping. That was the only bad experience I had.

Welcome to team monk, you chose wisely!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
At this point are we supposed to know why Gul'dan was releasing Illidan in the teaser trailer?

My only assumption is based on the dramas,
Gul'dan gains power in Tomb of Sargeras and betrays Kil'jaeden when he gians the power to no longer be a puppet of the Legion. Illidan would be an enemy of my enemy, as Illidan hates none more than the Legion.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
At this point are we supposed to know why Gul'dan was releasing Illidan in the teaser trailer?
Gul'dan breaks into the Vault of the Wardens and performs a ritual to separate Illidan's souls from its body. It's speculated that the body will be used for a new Avatar of Sargeras.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Goblins feel like they've been sidelined since their introduction. They have virtually no representation in the story. Not a single major character. As a faction they seem to have no real relation or rivalry of any significance. Maybe when inroads are made with that an updated model might come. Undermine is still a massive location lorewise that has yet to really see use.

Gul'dan breaks into the Vault of the Wardens and performs a ritual to separate Illidan's souls from its body. It's speculated that the body will be used for a new Avatar of Sargeras.

On top of that,
weren't there a ton of hints and data files mined during the beta and alpha that implied Illidan would switch from being demonic (fel energy) to holy (the light) or some shit?

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
I've been running through some low level stuff on my warrior to unlock plate armor options (since the only other plate alt I have I leveled pre-Cataclysm) and have seen a fair amount of level-appropriate people about.

Wooooo good to hear thanks guys. I think imma fire this baby up.

I've been finding Rethban Ore in Mithril Ore nodes in the Searing Gorge as a Horde. Searched on WoWhead and it's an old lvl 20 Alli quest resource for a Redridge quest? Weird.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Affliction warlocks in the current PVP environment are...

i'm pretty sure i look like a raid boss to other players

bluestuff

So I am debating re-subbing for the xpac. Had a 85 rogue that was doing heroic Deathwing around the content lull into MoP and just dropped it out of boredom.

Would probably boost a warlock and go from there. Haven't kept in contact with my old guild and now I am on a low pop sever. Is it worth going to a high pop server and fielding mid-tier guilds from there? Or should I start on the low pop server and just pay for the transfer.

Is progression still lvl --> craft gear ---> regular dungeon --> heroic dungeon ---> raid?

Also have they made pets/mounts account wide or are they still character restricted?

This is the first expansion in years that even has me thinking of coming back.

Is progression still lvl --> craft gear ---> regular dungeon --> heroic dungeon ---> raid?

Kinda but not really. It's basically;

Leveling Gear / Regular Dungeons / Crafted Gear --> Heroics / Better Crafted Gear --> LFR Raids / Upgraded Crafted Gear --> Normal Raids --> Heroic Raids

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Kinda but not really. It's basically;

Leveling Gear / Regular Dungeons / Crafted Gear --> Heroics / Better Crafted Gear --> LFR Raids / Upgraded Crafted Gear --> Normal Raids --> Heroic Raids

I don't know if this is supposed to be the WoD progression or something but this isn't right at all for Legion. You're missing Mythic dungeons, and in Legion Mythic+

erawsd

So I am debating re-subbing for the xpac. Had a 85 rogue that was doing heroic Deathwing around the content lull into MoP and just dropped it out of boredom.

Would probably boost a warlock and go from there. Haven't kept in contact with my old guild and now I am on a low pop sever. Is it worth going to a high pop server and fielding mid-tier guilds from there? Or should I start on the low pop server and just pay for the transfer.

Also have they made pets/mounts account wide or are they still character restricted?

This is the first expansion in years that even has me thinking of coming back.

Legion has a ton of alternative progression. Youll hit ~800 when you reach 110 and then basically youve got:

World Quests up to 840.
Rep Rewards up to 850.
Crafted gear up to 860.
World Bosses @ 860.
Dungeons and PVP range from 825 on the low end to 880 max.
Raids are 835 to 880.
Legendaries are 895.

Pets are all account wide. I believe all mounts are account wide except the gladiator pvp mounts.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Well, I want to give this another whirl going into Legion.

What class/spec would you suggest for an absolute and complete WoW noob? Not MMO noob, WoW noob. =x

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why? Those sets still cost honor last month irrc, which means to get them you have to do pvp, which makes sense.

you have to win to get marks of honor. you could go on a streak of having no wins and you could still get something with honor.

Lanrutcon

Why? Those sets still cost honor last month irrc, which means to get them you have to do pvp, which makes sense.

You only get marks if you win. Love spending ages in a battleground and then getting...nothing. They're not even relevant content anymore. Why the fuck should I have to do current pvp content for a transmog from 6 years ago?

Meanwhile, the game has a gold issue and a new transmog system. Hey, if only there were a way to use the one for the other. Gee.

Shahadan

you have to win to get marks of honor. you could go on a streak of having no wins and you could still get something with honor.

You get honor xp in legion though even when you lose, they can't give you marks on top of that.
Sucks for now until we get to Legion but that's pretty much the case for everything :p

You only get marks if you win. Love spending ages in a battleground and then getting...nothing. They're not even relevant content anymore. Why the fuck should I have to do current pvp content for a transmog from 6 years ago?

Meanwhile, the game has a gold issue and a new transmog system. Hey, if only there were a way to use the one for the other. Gee.

Yeah I'm sure pvp sets of all things would solve the gold problem, and be totally fair for people having no money, while also providing no benefit or incentive whatsoever to do pvp before 110. Nice solution there!

Top Bottom