• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

cdyhybrid

Well, I want to give this another whirl going into Legion.

What class/spec would you suggest for an absolute and complete WoW noob? Not MMO noob, WoW noob. =x
Pick whatever sounds fun. They've been taking steps to simplify most of the specs in the game.

Eklipsis

Having a real hard deciding what toon I want to use as my main! So much so I've just defaulted back to my hunter lol

Flintty

So I re-subbed this week and I'm totally wrapped up in the world again. The music and atmosphere is second to none and to my surprise, SW City was packed!

I last played during Blackrock Foundry - apparently I can build a ship yard now?

Lanrutcon

So I re-subbed this week and I'm totally wrapped up in the world again. The music and atmosphere is second to none and to my surprise, SW City was packed!

I last played during Blackrock Foundry - apparently I can build a ship yard now?

It's trap at this point. Save your gold!

Godan

So yeah resubbed a few months back but not really been playing other than logging to make some gold. Just looking for a guild to join for Legion to level with. I am on Silvermoon EU Alliance if anyone is on that and has a guild i could maybe join that would be great.

I am a Prot Pally and not really did much raiding before but maybe looking at getting into it for Legion as the raids look awesome so far from what i have seen.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You get honor xp in legion though even when you lose, they can't give you marks on top of that.
Sucks for now until we get to Legion but that's pretty much the case for everything :p

Why is it ok for old PVE content for transmog to be done through trivial means but old PVP content for transmog has to be a massive time investment?

Flintty

You can, for 5000 gold. And it's just another Garrison table, at the end of the day. At this point, I wouldn't bother.

It's trap at this point. Save your gold!

Thanks! Can I not use it to get more gold or is that dead now? I need an easy way to make gold to save on the subscription :)

Leveling up my lock this weekend. Can't decide on Afflic or Demo..............

As an Affli Warlock main since vanilla, I'm loving the feel of Affliction in it's current state - it has that vanilla feel to it, minus the shadow bolt. Good to see Siphon Life make a return.

Lanrutcon

Leveling up my lock this weekend. Can't decide on Afflic or Demo..............

Affliction is the best solo spec in the game atm. Tons of self heal, tons of shields, a tough pet, an incredibly effective pet heal on no cooldown, you can resummon pets in a fight, a great "oh shit" button and you can just run around DoTing things without sticking around waiting for them to die.

Shahadan

Why is it ok for old PVE content for transmog to be done through trivial means but old PVP content for transmog has to be a massive time investment?

Why is it not? PvP is a small part of the game, pve isn't
It's made for people who enjoy pvp and to keep them busy in the long run. Getting them before still took a lot of time (probably more actually unless you're unlucky) and these marks are boa which is a massive advantage for alts.

Flintty

Affliction is the best solo spec in the game atm. Tons of self heal, tons of shields, a tough pet, an incredibly effective pet heal on no cooldown, you can resummon pets in a fight, a great "oh shit" button and you can just run around DoTing things without sticking around waiting for them to die.

Out of interest, what demon are you running with? I haven't played too much but I went with sacrifice. I haven't done any reading up - I just went with preference :)

Kain

While hunter surv is awesome right now, it lacks, ironically, survivability. We need an escape tool and some other self heal

Lanrutcon

Out of interest, what demon are you running with? I haven't played too much but I went with sacrifice. I haven't done any reading up - I just went with preference :)

Voidy until you're high enough level to get a perma-Infernal. That Infernal is rock solid, and with a heal every now and then it tanks like a god.

I use him to solo Pandaria 10 mans. Last night, he tanked the boss for the Predator title without needing a single heal the entire fight.

Robin64

Started a warlock last night, was surprised to see the base spell on my action bar was Drain Life. Made Deathknell hilarious, though.. tag, drain, tag, drain, tag, drain.. Absolutely destroying everything in sight.

Flintty

Voidy until you're high enough level to get a perma-Infernal. That Infernal is rock solid, and with a heal every now and then it tanks like a god.

I use him to solo Pandaria 10 mans. Last night, he tanked the boss for the Predator title without needing a single heal the entire fight.

Nice. I guess my assumption that Doomguard = general use, Infernal = AOE fights is wrong then. I'll try him out tonight. Thanks for the tip.

Lanrutcon

Nice. I guess my assumption that Doomguard = general use, Infernal = AOE fights is wrong then. I'll try him out tonight. Thanks for the tip.

Infernal = tanking, aoe.
Doomguard = single target dps, party or raid

Sidenote: Icy Veins are of the opinion that if you talent for raiding, the perma-pet talents aren't the best. But for questing/leveling/soloing? Fuck yes it is.

Shahadan

Is it even possible to do Ordos these days? I keep trying to make a group but no one seems interested or knows who he is :|

And there is the cloak problem.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Infernal = tanking, aoe.
Doomguard = single target dps, party or raid

Sidenote: Icy Veins are of the opinion that if you talent for raiding, the perma-pet talents aren't the best. But for questing/leveling/soloing? Fuck yes it is.

I dont even like it for questing. I prefer to have it as a cd for elites when needed, and use the superior grimoire to summon a second felguard which wrecks shit

Lanrutcon

I dont even like it for questing. I prefer to have it as a cd for elites when needed, and use the superior grimoire to summon a second felguard which wrecks shit

Ah, but you're Demo. I'm Affliction. Demo doesn't really feel good to me atm. It needs some polish, but to each their own.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ah, but you're Demo. I'm Affliction. Demo doesn't really feel good to me atm. It needs some polish, but to each their own.

I assumed it was a demo only talent lol >_<

btw to anyone that uses the GW2 UI, how the fuck do you leave a group?

Westlo

I just came back after they nerfed garrisons lol

:'(

Even coalfist gronnlings go for 800g on Terenas now. I bought three and hope to make the money back when Legion drops

Don't worry, Class Order Halls will have gold flowing again....

Also you mentioned before this post you only had 4k max, I really think buying something like Gronnlings in that situation is an error. That item is a slow burner, you'll make more gold selling that in 2 years time in 8.0 than you would now.

You're better off focusing on common mats and buying low and selling high. It's easy to just focus on the current trade good mats because they spike up and down all the time (traders).

Like for example according to my TSM stats 17 days ago I bought 30 stacks of Draenic Dust for 5218 gold (87 silver per dust) as well as 8 stacks of that item @ 752 gold (47 silver per dust).

6 days ago I sold 8 stacks for 5259 (3g 28 silver per dust).... from the first 30 I bought I've nearly made back my initial investment (AH cut....) and I still have 22 stacks left over.

14 days ago I sold 10 stacks of Raw Beast Hide for 11400 gold (5g 79 silver per hide), I was buying them @ 88 silver per hide a few days before that.

It's not that time consuming to do as well, just make a Auction House alt, download an addon like Auctionator and you can just add all the trade goods to your search items, watch the price, pay attention, buy low, sell high. Just focus on in demand goods at first and you can expand to other stuff later once you get the hang of things. I've made a lot of gold buying cheap ghost iron ore (300g a stack) and selling the bars for 1500-2000g. Though this has dried up heaps in the last week, I guess I might start turning some of them into trillium and/or living steel.

Regarding gold: I made about 20k yesterday because I found two of those 300% xp elixers on a char I forgot about. They sold instantly for 9800 each.

These things spiked from 3k to like 12k on my server the last couple weeks... wish I had smartened up and stockpiled like crazy @ 3k.... I mean who doesn't like "skipping" 5-6 levels in 15 mins.... I still got 5 characters I could do the gorgrond rapid mind stuff with if I wanted too....

Whoa. Didn't realize how staggered the factions are
in Proudmoore.

I played in Proudmoore from Vanilla to whenever I quit during TBC... I think Arena Season 3.... I reckon at one stage I knew every single Horde PVPer lol...

cluderi

As an Affli Warlock main since vanilla, I'm loving the feel of Affliction in it's current state - it has that vanilla feel to it, minus the shadow bolt. Good to see Siphon Life make a return.

Seals the deal thanks, I levelled my lock up in Vanilla and miss being a god soloing 5 man elites. Destro is ok but feels very magelike, I was looking for something different.

Godan

Should probably see an increase in hexweave bag prices next week right with DH coming out?

If so think i will spend the weekend making them.

Is the pre-release event due to start next week? I resubbed a week ago - been nice trying out the new talents and such in the nerfed Hellfire Citadel, but looking for something new now!

Also, I am sitting on some Valor Points is it worth hanging onto them or shall I just cash them in for a few upgrades on my ring? Thanks!

Lanrutcon

Should probably see an increase in hexweave bag prices next week right with DH coming out?

If so think i will spend the weekend making them.

Bags are going to raise in price as Legion gets going. Wait till September, then check the AH.

If you're buying bags however, I'd recommend getting them now. They won't get cheaper unless Blizzard surprises us with an alternative.

Westlo

Bags are going to raise in price as Legion gets going. Wait till September, then check the AH.

If you're buying bags however, I'd recommend getting them now. They won't get cheaper unless Blizzard surprises us with an alternative.

It's either now or next week when they'll be @ their cheapest. Every tailor waiting for DH's to cash in will probably more than likely end up crashing the price as people undercut the shit out of each other. Like with Illusion Enchants.....

Godan

Cool got like 8 sitting on an alt just now waiting to be sold. Will pass some over to my DH when i make him then think i will just make a few a day till Legion is out as i have quiet a few mats for it sitting about.

Lanrutcon

It's either now or next week when they'll be @ their cheapest. Every tailor waiting for DH's to cash in will probably more than likely end up crashing the price as people undercut the shit out of each other. Like with Illusion Enchants.....

I've got 14k hexweave waiting to unleash bags towards the end of the year. It'll either make me tons of bank or...ok bank, I guess?

Rhaknar

where the hell is the pali talent that gives you that hammer on the ground with lightning coming out of it? I cant find it in either ret or prot trees, is it a holy thing? I could sware ive seen palis use it

Im not talking about the one that slowly falls from the sky, its on the ground for a bit all electrified. Am I nuts and imagining things?

Robin64

where the hell is the pali talent that gives you that hammer on the ground with lightning coming out of it? I cant find it in either ret or prot trees, is it a holy thing? I could sware ive seen palis use it

Im not talking about the one that slowly falls from the sky, its on the ground for a bit all electrified. Am I nuts and imagining things?

Light's Hammer. It's a level 15 holy talent now.

Rizzi

Everybody talking about Doomguard and Infernal. I will never ever stop using my Felhunter.
Felpuppy for life.
I miss them being able to spot stealthed players so much.

Lanrutcon

Everybody talking about Doomguard and Infernal. I will never ever stop using my Felhunter.
Felpuppy for life.
I miss them being able to spot stealthed players so much.

Well, I wish I could set my infernal to use the old model. New one's walking animation is not in sync with its actual movement. Minor bug, but...

Rizzi

Blacksmiths can make an item that lets them interact with objects while mounted in Legion.
That's going to be pretty useful I imagine.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Thanks! Can I not use it to get more gold or is that dead now? I need an easy way to make gold to save on the subscription :).

You can't get gold from garrisons anymore, which make investing in it mostly a waste of time & money unless you want achievements or still need some of the unique rewards from it.

As it is right now, the best way to make gold is running old raids from Cataclysm I believe, although I think even that has been nerfed. It will never compare to what Garrisons used to be.

I guess you could still "play" the AH, but that has never been fun to me.

Here's hoping Legion will have some ways of making easy gold.
Edit : Just saw Westlo's video, a bit relieved at least. Wonder how long it takes to optimize your Class Hall to get to that point?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Is there any advantage to going into Legion with maxed professions from WoD? All I'm doing atm is grinding my fishing, herbalism, and tailoring.

Lanrutcon

Is there any advantage to going into Legion with maxed professions from WoD? All I'm doing atm is grinding my fishing, herbalism, and tailoring.

Can't speak for the rest, but fishing definitely. There's a whole load of fishing related stuff to do in Legion, and the better your effective fishing skill the easier all of that will be as you'll be fishing up the rare lures and whatnot more often.

Rhaknar

some of Balance Druid spells look fantastic. Starfall and the solar beam interrupt especially (im only lvl 50)

Repo Man

Work sucks! On my break atm and all I wanna do is go home and do some transmog runs and pvp with my outlaw rogue. Oh well, 2hrs 45 mins to go. Might just make it.

Mitch

Banned
Boosting a Priest on Stormrage to hopefully raid with. Should be level 60 tonight.

Not sure which talents to go with. Gathering and crafting seems to be the thing to go with apparently. Right now I have herbalism/alchemy, which is what I had during WoTLK. Made a lot of bank selling flasks. There's also tailoring/enchanting and herbalism/inscription.

Any recommendations? Just looking for a combo that would benefit me and hopefully my raid group.

My main Priest on KJ has jewelcrafting/engineering. Haven't done a damn thing with that aside from making my own gems and crafting goggles a few times.

Top Bottom