• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Entropia

No One Remembers
I take a lot of damage on Tyrant now

29ESkeF.png

buff monks tho

(remove Ignore Pain, why do Warriors even have an absorb)

Damn dude, get good.

iirate

Boosting a Priest on Stormrage to hopefully raid with. Should be level 60 tonight.

Not sure which talents to go with. Gathering and crafting seems to be the thing to go with apparently. Right now I have herbalism/alchemy, which is what I had during WoTLK. Made a lot of bank selling flasks. There's also tailoring/enchanting and herbalism/inscription.

Any recommendations? Just looking for a combo that would benefit me and hopefully my raid group.

My main Priest on KJ has jewelcrafting/engineering. Haven't done a damn thing with that aside from making my own gems and crafting goggles a few times.

From what I understand, you only need 100 skill to get world profession quests, and everything aside from profession perk mounts and stuff can be crafted from 1, so there's not much downside to being a double gatherer at the start, then deciding on crafting prof(s) after you've built up your various resources. You can even buy tomes with all of your Legion prof progress saved to them, ensuring you can swap back if/when desired.

Rafy

Hey guys, I am returning to WoW after a year or so of not playing and I am looking to roll a new character.

I need some advice on choosing an EU PVE realm to use for my new toon. I also wanted to know if there is an EU casual and social GAF guild since I'd like to finally try raiding after years of never having done so. If not, do you have any suggestions for these types of guilds? I play Frost Mage and plan to also roll a Havoc Demon Hunter.

The reason I am asking is because when I came back to the game 5 or so years ago, I followed the (bad) advice of a friend and moved my main on a PVP server.

I eventually would like to move my main to the new realm that I pick if things work out with the new toon.

Lastly, I always played with the default interface and now that I am looking to improve as a player I was thinking of getting a proper UI with all the DPS meters and the rest of the bells & whistles. What do you guys think?

I've seen quite a few of them now and I like the look of the ElvUI, but felt instantly overwhelmed from the different options when I searched for it on Curse.

I am quoting my previous post as I got no answers to my question yesterday.

Also, take into account that I've switched from Frost to Fire mage since yesterday.

EDIT: Forgot to mention my faction: Horde

iirate

Also, take into account that I've switched from Frost to Fire mage since yesterday.

I don't know about the realm stuff(+I'm on US servers), but the interface stuff may take a little work. The easiest thing you can do when getting started, is find interface packages that other people have made that you like, and use them with minimal/no modifications yourself. ElvUI is a good place to start with that, as it's pretty usable out of the box, but still allows for good customization as you figure things out.

The most important addon I recommend learning to use is WeakAuras. Once you understand the basics of it, you'll realize that it will track everything you need to play your character, from buffs/debuffs, to resources, rotational skills, cooldowns, and even boss/player warnings. You don't need to know how to make your own auras when you're starting, as you can use the auras other players make.

Which faction? If you want a high population Horde realm I believe Draenor and Ragnaros are still the best PvE options.

Rafy

I don't know about the realm stuff(+I'm on US servers), but the interface stuff may take a little work. The easiest thing you can do when getting started, is find interface packages that other people have made that you like, and use them with minimal/no modifications yourself. ElvUI is a good place to start with that, as it's pretty usable out of the box, but still allows for good customization as you figure things out.

The most important addon I recommend learning to use is WeakAuras. Once you understand the basics of it, you'll realize that it will track everything you need to play your character, from buffs/debuffs, to resources to rotational skills, to cooldowns, and even boss/player warnings. You don't need to know how to make your own auras when you're starting, as you can use the auras other players make.

thanks, that actually helps. I remember a few things but since it's been a while since I last played, it's like trying to dance after not having practiced for a year or two.

Anyways, I'll set up the UI and get WeakAuras as well. I've heard it mentioned before but never fully read the description on the Curse site.

EDIT
Which faction? If you want a high population Horde realm I believe Draenor and Ragnaros are still the best PvE options.

Yes, I usually play Horde. I'll look those up on realmpop.

M.D

I am such a mess of a fucking person in WoW as I am in real life, I have so much shit in my bags and bank, so much stuff that I don't even need or can't even remember where I've got it from.

I would like to be organized and make some real money using TSM for stuff other than transmogs that take forever to sell but I'm a fucking mess.

Rambaldi

I finished part 2 of the Tomb of Sargeras last night (passed out on part 3) and I like it so far. The narrator's voice is a bit annoying to me though and I can't figure out why. Otherwise it's great. I may try to listen to part 3 now before work.

I'm torn as to which faction I want my Demon Hunter on. I have more Horde characters who can support a new toon financially, but almost all of them are blood elves and it would be nice to have someone new.

Flintty

Seals the deal thanks, I levelled my lock up in Vanilla and miss being a god soloing 5 man elites. Destro is ok but feels very magelike, I was looking for something different.

That's the spirit, DoT and run, DoT and run :D

You can't get gold from garrisons anymore, which make investing in it mostly a waste of time & money unless you want achievements or still need some of the unique rewards from it.

As it is right now, the best way to make gold is running old raids from Cataclysm I believe, although I think even that has been nerfed. It will never compare to what Garrisons used to be.

I guess you could still "play" the AH, but that has never been fun to me.

Here's hoping Legion will have some ways of making easy gold.
Edit : Just saw Westlo's video, a bit relieved at least. Wonder how long it takes to optimize your Class Hall to get to that point?

Damn. I used to be godly at playing the AH but the economy looks terrible at the moment. My only hope would be farming and selling transmog items. Perhaps I'll solo some Cata raids and see what happens.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no armaggedon :(

time to do it on the DK and the Pali, I need that sword damn it :(

can any other class add it to the transmog? hunters can use 2h swords right?

Shahadan

I'm torn as to which faction I want my Demon Hunter on. I have more Horde characters who can support a new toon financially, but almost all of them are blood elves and it would be nice to have someone new.

Same but the opposite. I have too many night elves from when they were the only okay model. I'd like to do a blood elve DH but I never play my horde characters for long and I can't send money so...

Lanrutcon

PvP is so awesome right now.

What? we're losing the BG? Well, guess I'd better quit because I don't get rewards for losing. 15 minute bebuff > 40 minutes to finish an AV match.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
PvP is so awesome right now.

What? we're losing the BG? Well, guess I'd better quit because I don't get rewards for losing. 15 minute bebuff > 40 minutes to finish an AV match.

Yeah, the combination of 7.0 wonky balance and the Legion honor system not being in place yet is pretty shitty.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so in more easy transmog options for the less informed, just found out while in dalaran that you can buy the 10man versions of t9 (but why?) and t10 with gold

Sylas

Weird question, and I apologize if it's been answered before!

Does purchasing Legion come with a level 100 boost, or do you have to preorder it to get the boost? My friend wants to play a Demon Hunter but also doesn't want to level to 98 (or whatever's needed to roll a DH). I'm also in the same boat since I didn't play WoD at all but I'm reeeeeal interested in DH.

Shahadan

Weird question, and I apologize if it's been answered before!

Does purchasing Legion come with a level 100 boost, or do you have to preorder it to get the boost? My friend wants to play a Demon Hunter but also doesn't want to level to 98 (or whatever's needed to roll a DH). I'm also in the same boat since I didn't play WoD at all but I'm reeeeeal interested in DH.

You need a lvl 70 character to create a DH on the same realm.
When you buy legion, even in 6 months, you get a lvl 100 boost.

Eklipsis

Yay got the riding turtle!!

Ok I think I've narrowed to down to my shadow priest or any spec warlock (currently destro)...thoughts?

MMaRsu

Don't worry, Class Order Halls will have gold flowing again....

Also you mentioned before this post you only had 4k max, I really think buying something like Gronnlings in that situation is an error. That item is a slow burner, you'll make more gold selling that in 2 years time in 8.0 than you would now.

You're better off focusing on common mats and buying low and selling high. It's easy to just focus on the current trade good mats because they spike up and down all the time (traders).

Like for example according to my TSM stats 17 days ago I bought 30 stacks of Draenic Dust for 5218 gold (87 silver per dust) as well as 8 stacks of that item @ 752 gold (47 silver per dust).

6 days ago I sold 8 stacks for 5259 (3g 28 silver per dust).... from the first 30 I bought I've nearly made back my initial investment (AH cut....) and I still have 22 stacks left over.

14 days ago I sold 10 stacks of Raw Beast Hide for 11400 gold (5g 79 silver per hide), I was buying them @ 88 silver per hide a few days before that.

It's not that time consuming to do as well, just make a Auction House alt, download an addon like Auctionator and you can just add all the trade goods to your search items, watch the price, pay attention, buy low, sell high. Just focus on in demand goods at first and you can expand to other stuff later once you get the hang of things. I've made a lot of gold buying cheap ghost iron ore (300g a stack) and selling the bars for 1500-2000g. Though this has dried up heaps in the last week, I guess I might start turning some of them into trillium and/or living steel.

These things spiked from 3k to like 12k on my server the last couple weeks... wish I had smartened up and stockpiled like crazy @ 3k.... I mean who doesn't like "skipping" 5-6 levels in 15 mins.... I still got 5 characters I could do the gorgrond rapid mind stuff with if I wanted too....

I played in Proudmoore from Vanilla to whenever I quit during TBC... I think Arena Season 3.... I reckon at one stage I knew every single Horde PVPer lol...

Thank you for posting all this man :). I will take your advice to heart. At the time I bought a gronnling for 1000, cause they were on AH for like 1400g, and I thought if I resell it I can at least make 400gold quick. Then later I saw 2 others for like 700/800g and thats the cheapest I've seen them since starting playing again. So im holding on to them till the price rises, even if its 1000 gold or 500 if I make a profit im happy :D.

Right now im holding onto 8000 gold, and have about 150 items on AH. Most of them are BOE's, and crafting mats I pick up.

10 stacks of Raw Beast Hide
10 stacks of 20? Or how many raw beast hides are you talking about here. Because 11400gold for 10 stacks sounds insane :p.

I do see that stuff like Borean Leather goes for a lot, since there is barely anything on AH

I downloaded Auctioneer when I started playing again but the addon was messed up for me

Sylas

You need a lvl 70 character to create a DH on the same realm.
When you buy legion, even in 6 months, you get a lvl 100 boost.

Awesome. Thank you! We're both just gonna boost some random-ass character to 100 so we can roll DHs in that case.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
so in more easy transmog options for the less informed, just found out while in dalaran that you can buy the 10man versions of t9 (but why?) and t10 with gold

They used to be purchasable with justice/valor badges, which stopped existing. As a result, stuff that used to cost those currencies now costs gold.

Shahadan

Awesome. Thank you! We're both just gonna boost some random-ass character to 100 so we can roll DHs in that case.

If you're planning to play only demon hunter I'd suggest boosting a class that can fill a healing role. I don't know about your needs or habits but that way you could always help each other doing something hard at some point, and be covered anyway for grouping/dungeoning.

Sylas

If you're planning to play only demon hunter I'd suggest boosting a class that can fill a healing role. I don't know about your needs or habits but that way you could always help each other doing something hard at some point, and be covered anyway for grouping/dungeoning.

I was likely gonna boost a Monk, yeah. Last time I played I was healing on a druid and... Well, it didn't work out. I'll be running tank and she'll be running DPS so grouping shouldn't be terrible. We'll see though!

Rhaknar

They used to be purchasable with justice/valor badges, which stopped existing. As a result, stuff that used to cost those currencies now costs gold.

aye. any others besides these and t12 in stormwind (and orgrimar I assume)?

Rixxan

was going back through the PVP vendors for rogue transmog gear

my god, WOTLK was basically the 90's of rogue fashion, truly terrible sets

actually pretty happy with much of the BC stuff

Robin64

I like the shoulder enchants in Legion. None give combat bonuses, but rather a bonus to looting. Seems to be something for everyone, from extra fish, to ore, to potions.

The best, though, is Boon of the Bloodhunter. Chance to get Bloodhunter's Quarry, which contains 1 to 5 Blood of Sargeras. I know which enchant I'll be rolling with.

Rizzi

I like the shoulder enchants in Legion. None give combat bonuses, but rather a bonus to looting. Seems to be something for everyone, from extra fish, to ore, to potions.

The best, though, is Boon of the Bloodhunter. Chance to get Bloodhunter's Quarry, which contains 1 to 5 Blood of Sargeras. I know which enchant I'll be rolling with.

Wow, that seems useful.

Rhaknar

dat feel of no Armaggedon after doing it with the 4 classes that can get it

759.gif

ampere

Looks like they are all rep purchases other than the scavenger one (made by enchanting).

Blood does sound like the best one, at least until (if) I reach a point where I have more than enough bloods. I mean I need them to make the good enchants so... gonna need a lot I'd imagine.

Tacitus_

I think you're supposed to get enough bloods if you go gathering + crafting. Double crafting will probably roll with the blood enchant.

cdyhybrid

Should I farm Marks of Honor on my AffLock or MutRogue?

Also, how do I cheese Assassination? Is it put up Hemo/Garrote, 6pt Rupture, Exsang, then Nightstalker Vanish?

Top Bottom