• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

cdyhybrid

I'm really failing to explain myself! Let's try to break it down:

* No weapons will drop in Legion; we are using artifacts throughout.
* Timewalking dungeons currently can drop weapons.
* They are likely to continue to drop weapons going into Legion, because people below 100 can do Timewalking as well.
* I think it's unprecedented to have loot tables that vary based on the participant's level. I may be wrong on that.
* Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that if you're over 100 and go into a Timewalking dungeon, you may get a weapon drop that is of no use to you.

The thing is, there's lots of potential solutions to this that I can see, but I'm not aware of any real precedence for this sort of thing, so I'm curious how Blizzard would do it:

* Remove all weapons drops from Timewalking dungeons for all levels
* Implement changing loot tables based on participant level
* Just not care and have weapons drop that aren't of use for 100+ players
* Something else.

The weapons will still drop I'm sure, if only because Blizz will probably be too lazy to remove them. They just won't be useful if you have your Artifact, which is fine IMO. TW gear is useless already if you have HFC gear (even LFR level).

ampere

I just started the new character. I think the first spell you get is lightening of some sort. I also got a weapon as an item drop for the 2nd quest but it just stays on my toons back while I take forever to spam my single spell. I don't mind spamming as long as it gets better and the cast time can be improved over time.

You might just not enjoy spell caster dps specs. Maybe try out Enhancement? It's a melee dps spec for Shamans

You can even get Baleful token gear from Tanaan that's better ilvl-wise than TW Vendor gear. They have toys and mounts to keep people doing TW dungeons past pure gear gains.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
as much as its cliche as fuck (as most of what Blizzard does is lets be fair), Illidan is still a cool ass looking motherfucker.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Pictures from my beta adventures

zBkBr88.jpg

sfWAtid.jpg

gqAJE5H.jpg

8IbXu06.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
He's got that 90s edginess going for him which I love.

its like, you can make fun of Reaper (and I sure did), but at its core, its still a cool looking character. Again, edgy and cliche as fuck, sure, but he still looks cool. Same for Illidan.

or Arthas really.

I actually did BT earlier on my Warrior for T6, you still kill Illidan... well, I mean I guess they can retcon that he was unconscious and Maiev took him prisioner I guess, but nothing in that fight (or post fight) suggest that.

Ive actually been meaning to ask, ill tag this just in case someone wants to go in to Legion completely blind (no pun intended lol), is
Illidan even in Legion besides the DH starting zone
?

Interfectum

its like, you can make fun of Reaper (and I sure did), but at its core, its still a cool looking character. Again, edgy and cliche as fuck, sure, but he still looks cool. Same for Illidan.

or Arthas really.

People make fun of Reaper because he hasn't earned his edginess yet. Most of us have known of Arthas and Illidan for years, maybe even when we wanted to be edgy ourselves.

In time Reaper will earn his stripes.

Tecnniqe

Banned
That Wrath of the Lich King login screen song that was used during the short tho around 1:56 mark :D

So freaking good.

Legends of Azeroth is it called, BTW.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
PVP just feels so shallow now on enhance, you just press damage buttons and sometimes purge, HS isn't even worth casting it heals for so little.

No grounding really removes any skill involved. I miss my totems.

You miss them because you are literally missing them. The new honor system isn't active yet, and has PvP-specific skills like grounding totem. Grounding totem specifically is a resto-only ability, but enhance gets stuff like counterstrike totem, which redirects attacks back at people.

Two retconned races crammed into the Alliance.

Gilneas being home to a worgen outbreak isn't a retcon, afaik. That was at least very strongly hinted to be the case in-game since vanilla. And Worgen didn't really exist in the Warcraft universe until Vanilla, so I'm not sure what the retcon would be.

demonkaze

Me and my brother have just started playing and was wondering if there was a GAF guild and if so what server its on. We're EU if it matters.

Respect

Enjoying the audio shorts and the harbingers comics (Illidan was the last one though for the comics though right?). /Hype levels rising.

PVP just feels so shallow now on enhance, you just press damage buttons and sometimes purge, HS isn't even worth casting it heals for so little.

No grounding really removes any skill involved. I miss my totems.

PvP on live is trash, it is designed around level 110 with honor talents and artifact weapons. I'll hold my judgement until I get some time there.

MMaRsu

Me and my brother have just started playing and was wondering if there was a GAF guild and if so what server its on. We're EU if it matters.

There's not really a GAF guild, we are all quite spread out I think. Im on EU too though, but I doubt you are on a low pop server like Terenas :).

And yeah Legends of Azeroth is fucking epic.

Thinking of watching the Warcraft movie tonight :eek:

Rhaknar

There's not really a GAF guild, we are all quite spread out I think. Im on EU too though, but I doubt you are on a low pop server like Terenas :).

And yeah Legends of Azeroth is fucking epic.

Thinking of watching the Warcraft movie tonight :eek:

I think your server is paired with mine (ED)

whatever that means

Just a bit of rebuilding, I guess.

oh wheres that from?

MMaRsu

Ooooooooh is that a screenshot from inside the Dalaran bubble? :eek: Omg so amazing. Im so glad you posted that thanks :D

If you are on ED and horde I could take you into our guild, Unlikely group of Heroes, I think its the biggest horde guild members wise.

Not sure how or why, you've missed even less in between than was usual in the past.

Just ignore everything until invasions and Demon Hunters drop next Tuesday (Aug 9), since that's when the real pre-expansion patch content begins. And just do that until you're tired and ready for Legion.

Also farm old raids, get yourself some old new transmogs.

Yeah, I think I should have screenshot how many notifications, pop-ups, exclamations, and waypoints came up on my screen that tried to "help" me when I logged into my garrison to explain what I meant.

In trying to "help" me back into the game it gave me such a sensory overload that I went to my bank and I ended up logging out.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
oh wheres that from?

Probably a picture taken during the beta/alpha of WoW, back in 2003-2004? Before they added the bubble?

Strange though that they would bother to model Dalaran it if the buggle wasn't transparent.

demonkaze

Ooooooooh is that a screenshot from inside the Dalaran bubble? :eek: Omg so amazing. Im so glad you posted that thanks :D

If you are on ED and horde I could take you into our guild, Unlikely group of Heroes, I think its the biggest horde guild members wise.

If we join ED or your server, can we join the guild too?

Rhaknar

so which one of you EU Alliance mofos is all like "im a real badass and I can solo Dragonsoul look at me mah" and wants to solo Dragonsoul with me?

noone? bunch of pussies you are :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
so which one of you EU Alliance mofos is all like "im a real badass and I can solo Dragonsoul look at me mah" and wants to solo Dragonsoul with me?

noone? bunch of pussies you are :(

If someone is soloing it with you, no one is soloing it!

M.D

How can a well geared tank with archi hc mount not know to pull aggro off me when I'm marked with artillery? He didn't even do it once and never answered when I asked him multiple times during the fight, thankfully we still managed to kill the boss but it was dragged literally all over the place

Entropia

No One Remembers
How can a well geared tank with archi hc mount not know to pull aggro off me when I'm marked with artillery? He didn't even do it once and never answered when I asked him multiple times during the fight, thankfully we stilled managed to kill the boss but it was dragged literally all over the place

Carried.

Nerokis

I'm not sure I'm a big fan of some of the UI changes. Why is the character sheet suddenly so thin? I miss being able to see things like weapon damage.

And speaking of weapon damage, does it not matter as much these days? I'm leveling a Monk, and weapon DPS doesn't seem to be affecting my abilities. Is that just a Monk thing, or what?

cdyhybrid

I'm not sure I'm a big fan of some of the UI changes. Why is the character sheet suddenly so thin? I miss being able to see things like weapon damage.

And speaking of weapon damage, does it not matter as much these days? I'm leveling a Monk, and weapon DPS doesn't seem to be affecting my abilities. Is that just a Monk thing, or what?
There are add-ons to bring the old character info back.

Also, weapon DPS is the most important damage stat for pretty much every class that auto-attacks.

Top Bottom