• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WoW could either use more facial customization(not so much sliders and more like class specific facepaint or markings) or some more transmoggable helmets that don't hide your face. Is a hood that still shows long hair too much to ask in 2016?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
people that want to hide shoulders are weird. I bet youre the type that only plays humans too

ampere

I think you're supposed to get enough bloods if you go gathering + crafting. Double crafting will probably roll with the blood enchant.

I'm enchanting/leatherworking. I'll probably need the enchant

Though I plan on not playing alts much, so perhaps world quests and fishing/etc will get me enough bloods.

They drop like candy from the 4 rares in tanaan. Do them on all your alts.

lolno

100 Oil drops like candy. I have gotten 3 Medallions and 2 Mounts from rares, and hundreds of thousands of drums of oil.

Also Tanaan is now CRZ, which makes getting to rare spawns in time to even tag them so you get a drop of 100 oil a dubious enterprise. Even with max flying.

KyEl57L.png

Someone was chiming off about that in gen chat the other day in Orgrimmar. Weird.

Meguro

Banned
As someone who never touched WoD and just came back:
What did they do to Enhancement Shamans?
I boosted one to 100, tried it for a few days and ewwww.
This new resource system is not very fun so far.
Anyone know if it gets better with better gear?

Jag

Warning if you think about buying a TCG pet from a barker. Blizz has been banning even TCG pet buyers. Apparently there is another wave of dupers out there flooding the market with cheaper TCG pets. On Reddit /r/Woweconomy I'm seeing lots of reports of bans from buyers who didn't resell.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Enh shaman are warriors with fancy spell effects.

Roll a warrior instead. If you want the magic melee thing going on, roll DK. Shaman seem very vapid to me, and I've tried all specs on beta. I dearly want to love them and their lightning spells and their amazing tier sets, but they're middle of the road in every spec, it seems.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so whats the odds on soloing mythic blackrock foundry eventually? next expansion only?

cause...dat mythic Lock tier 17... oh my

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What? The spec might as well have been unplayable before. Super lame and gimmicky that only saw moments of glory when it could AoE cheese. Now it's well rounded and actually feels like it is designed as something to play at cap.

Meguro

Banned
Enh shaman are warriors with fancy spell effects.

Roll a warrior instead. If you want the magic melee thing going on, roll DK. Shaman seem very vapid to me, and I've tried all specs on beta. I dearly want to love them and their lightning spells and their amazing tier sets, but they're middle of the road in every spec, it seems.

I've played Shaman from TBC to MoP so this is pretty surprising to me. I really want to continue playing it but eh.

What? The spec might as well have been unplayable before. Super lame and gimmicky that only saw moments of glory when it could AoE cheese. Now it's well rounded and actually feels like it is designed as something to play at cap.

Respectfully disagree. I hate hate hate Rockbiter and having Stormstrike cost something.
Not to mention Windfury basically being non-existent now.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else - I think enhancement is absolutely, far and away better now than it has been in years, possibly ever.

Rhaknar

Will be hard unless they change fight mechanics. Should be some transmog farming groups at all times though.

oh theres some wonky mechanics? I actually dont know anything about the WoD raids. or the Cata raids past t11 actually, I should do those one of these days just to see them

Meguro

Banned
Maybe I'm just doing it wrong cause I'm not used to it.
Or maybe I'm just fed up with playing Melee.
Everyone seems to have the same opinion that it's much better, it's why I was so excited to get back in :(

Lanrutcon

Enhancement is ok, but like...no utility, no cool tricks. It's just maintain three buffs, generate maelstrom, slam that thunder home.

Elemental is more fun in dungeons/raids, while Enhancement is better for soloing.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Maybe I'm just doing it wrong cause I'm not used to it.
Or maybe I'm just fed up with playing Melee.
Everyone seems to have the same opinion that it's much better, it's why I was so excited to get back in :(

One thing I would recommend is to use Boulderfist. I do agree that baseline rockbiter spam is pretty meh, but boulderfist makes it feel a lot more reasonable.

Lomax

Items in Wardrobe still requiring rep that you've unlocked on other characters seems ass backwards

Yeah, I'm pretty surprised by how many restrictions in general they implemented. They made the system about as alt-unfriendly as they possibly could have. Yeah, it's an improvement over what existed before, but it's still much more restrictive than it really should have been.

I'm still getting used to it, having never played an energy or rage class it feels completely different to me. But WoD enhancement really did have way too many buttons to press though.

so whats the odds on soloing mythic blackrock foundry eventually? next expansion only?

cause...dat mythic Lock tier 17... oh my

Expansion after Legion people will be soloing WoD stuff. But it should be easy enough to burn through with like a five man group at 110.

Rhaknar

I assume they didnt make it so holy palis use STR now did they? >_>

wanted to try holy but I only have lvling str gear :(

Lomax

I assume they didnt make it so holy palis use STR now did they? >_>

wanted to try holy but I only have lvling str gear :(

All plate is str/int, it switches when you change spec.

edit: well in new gear that's true, not sure if they updated all the old stuff or not.

dimb

Respectfully disagree. I hate hate hate Rockbiter and having Stormstrike cost something.
Not to mention Windfury basically being non-existent now.
You're playing it wrong if you aren't using Boulderfist. Also, Windfury is way more relevant now than it has been in ages and it's a major factor in Maelstrom generation and the artifact weapon specifically targets this with its active. Also...Rockbiter literally costs nothing and servers as a builder you use on every available GCD if nothing else is available. Considering where the spec came from, where it has been an incomplete joke for years, this is a huge improvement.
Enhancement is ok, but like...no utility, no cool tricks. It's just maintain three buffs, generate maelstrom, slam that thunder home.

Elemental is more fun in dungeons/raids, while Enhancement is better for soloing.
What utility are you expecting? You get Lightning Surge Totem, Wind Rush Totem, and Heroism. Fine for melee.

The ability to hide shoulder armor is probably my favorite feature of this patch.

Regarding the enhancement talk, my only issue with it is that it took a hit to survivability. I have to be really careful now whereas before the patch I could take on quite a bit and not worry.

dimb

Literally everyone took a hit to survivability. Enhancement actually gets huge tools for it in the artifact tree, more than other classes.

Rhaknar

All plate is str/int, it switches when you change spec.

edit: well in new gear that's true, not sure if they updated all the old stuff or not.

only half my gear has that, heirlooms dont for example, and neither do some other greens like my 2h sword (because its a sword?) or trinkets or one of the rings /shrug

Literally everyone took a hit to survivability.

I think rogues can survive better now, at least subtlety. Haven't messed with the other specs much. Before this patch I had a tough time (due to a lack of skill, I'm sure) but now it's much smoother.

Windwalker is another one that doesn't feel quite as squishy as it did pre-patch.

I suppose this could be because I'm killing stuff so much faster that I don't have the chance to take much damage.

DarkKyo

Hi everyone. I just re-subscribed for the first time in awhile and boosted a character to 100 after pre-purchasing Legion.. I have a couple questions as I seem kind of lost right now.

1) Where is Dalaran currently located? Is it in the old location until the new expansion comes out?
2) If it is indeed no longer in Northrend, how do I access Dalaran? I looked at a couple videos of where the Orgrimmar portal to Dalaran is located but it doesn't seem to be in my instance.. I just get a Blasted Lands portal and nothing next to it.
3) Are there currently quests in place leading up to the new expansion stuff or are the last quests added the final stuff from WoD?

Lanrutcon

You're playing it wrong if you aren't using Boulderfist. Also, Windfury is way more relevant now than it has been in ages and it's a major factor in Maelstrom generation and the artifact weapon specifically targets this with its active. Also...Rockbiter literally costs nothing and servers as a builder you use on every available GCD if nothing else is available. Considering where the spec came from, where it has been an incomplete joke for years, this is a huge improvement.

What utility are you expecting? You get Lightning Surge Totem, Wind Rush Totem, and Heroism. Fine for melee.

Perma wolves that fire lasers. Duh.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hi everyone. I just re-subscribed for the first time in awhile and boosted a character to 100 after pre-purchasing Legion.. I have a couple questions as I seem kind of lost right now.

1) Where is Dalaran currently located? Is it in the old location until the new expansion comes out?
2) If it is indeed no longer in Northrend, how do I access Dalaran? I looked at a couple videos of where the Orgrimmar portal to Dalaran is located but it doesn't seem to be in my instance.. I just get a Blasted Lands portal and nothing next to it.
3) Are there currently quests in place leading up to the new expansion stuff or are the last quests added the final stuff from WoD?

The old Dalaran will not leave Northrend. There will simply exist 2 of them at once, as weird as it sounds. After all, previous expansion contents are still happening in the past.

There is no portal leading to Northrend Dalaran in Orgrimmar(or Stormwind). Only the Pandaria's shrines have one.

Anoregon

Dalaran exists in both locations. Past expansions literally exist in the past. When you are in Northrend, for all intents and purposes Arthas is still the Lich King and the Cataclysm hasn't happened yet. Expansions exist in time bubbles as far as the lore is concerned.

The quests leading to the new xpac start next week, I believe.

I just took a half day off at work to get some time to relax after a rough week. Going to try and level up my freshly made Monk. 20 minutes cannot come fast enough.

M.D

I am so unsure of what to do..

I have two level 100 characters (hunter, druid) on Maelstrom. I've picked up the druid again after playing mostly Hunter in what time I've played in WoD, and I've decided I want to tank in Legion, but my guild already has 2 tanks and I'm still unsure if I could tank with them, or if I could what it means in terms of committal to raid schedule.

At the same time, I started a Prot Warrior (lvl 74) on another server with 2 new friends I met recently and I like it more than do Guardian, so I don't know if I should use my lvl 100 boost on a Warrior for Maelstrom if I do get to tank

T_T

Talents

Banned
So I was watching Soda play yesterday and saw he was already level 110. Is he playing beta or something? I thought Legion didn't come out until end of month.

ampere

Surrender to Madness...

lolwhut?

It does a ton of damage, but you have to be careful to keep your insanity generation high.

Our Priest was doing it at the end of a bunch of fights this week, but it kills you even when the fight ends so you lose food buff and have repair costs lol

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So if I understand the new camera changes, this means that they're increasing the max default to be larger but you can also increase it to what it used to be with a console command?

biaxident

One of the main things I loved on enhance was the utility lol. I prevented a lot of wipes when the tank does dumb stuff and pop aoe stun totem. Then if healer goes down and tank is low pop a few instant heals on the tank while the healer get's brezzed or is just done for the fight. Plus you have the original heroism, and wind rush totem. That's a lot of utility and why the class is so fun in addition to satisfying combat.

On another note, so Nat pagle only shows up to my level 3 fishing shack at fishing 700? I finally got level 3, up to 585 fishing, did about 30 mins of the fishing raid and got a turtle within 5 mins and 26 coins within 30 mins. What is the best way to level pagle rep? I still do the 3 dailies from krasarang wilds (never touched that rep till last week) and know the 3 bonus fish can get 600 rep a pop. Is it just lunkers once he's at the garrison?

Rhaknar

looked around on my priest to see how shadow was, whipped up a quick spec, it seems super interesting and one of the biggest ovrhauls. I havent actually tried it yet, these dmg queues take ages.

also, I have a bunch of heroic gear and I sware I dont remember doing any heroics, WoD really was a blur :/

speaking of heroics, just did one as my boosted Fury Warrior, my god Fury feels so good, those animations... also, heroic gear is 630 and your boosted chars are full 640 so thats a waste of time >_>

all my 100s (besides my priest which was my original WoD toon) are all in like 570 ilvl so i cant even do normals with them tho. I need invasions fast

Anoregon

People referring to Bloodlust as "heroism" triggers me.

lazygecko

Had enough gold to reactivate my account. Now I need redo my whole addon setup as well.

What the hell happened to curse.com? I am not downloading a freakin app just to be able to get addons from their site.

Top Bottom