• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Had enough gold to reactivate my account. Now I need redo my whole addon setup as well.

What the hell happened to curse.com? I am not downloading a freakin app just to be able to get addons from their site.

The curse app is mandatory now? That's weird if true, but I've been using it for years now. It's really handy for easily keeping your addons up to date. Just click through a single app window instead of going to a dozen different websites.

question: did they reveal what virtual good you receive with virtual blizzcon ticket?
no info related to mount/skin/pet/d3 vanity items//whatever released so far :X

Robin64

Starcraft II will be portraits
Hearthstone will be a card back
Warcraft will be a murloc pet
Diablo III will be any or all of: wings, pennant, pet, banner
Heroes of the Storm will be a mount
Overwatch will be.. ooh, this one's new, so who knows. Maybe a portrait or spray.

M.D

is the WoD PTR playable right now? Is it up to date with 7.0.3? I would really like to try some other classes to see what I'd wanna use my boost on

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
is the WoD PTR playable right now? Is it up to date with 7.0.3? I would really like to try some other classes to see what I'd wanna use my boost on

The PTR patch went live a couple of weeks ago, so I'm not sure if it's still up.

it's not required. you just have to hunt for the old client

https://mods.curse.com/client

Oh, that's the client I currently use. Didn't know it was the old one.

Anoregon

I don't want the client. I just want to download from a regular freakin website.

I understand the sentiment, but there's really no practical advantage to it. I was slow to switch over to using the curse client, but I immediately realized how much better it was than individually downloading addon updates from their websites every patch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the ilvl requirement for WoD normal dungeons seems completely outdated now that you level so fast and end up not doing most of the zones

Ashodin

I understand the sentiment, but there's really no practical advantage to it. I was slow to switch over to using the curse client, but I immediately realized how much better it was than individually downloading addon updates from their websites every patch.

Clients to manage mods are the best.

Also, Battle the Masters of Draenor weekly is broken as fuck lol

Take the quest, then beat Kaya (or whatever the alliance equiv is) next to her to complete both in one go rofl

Starcraft II will be portraits
Hearthstone will be a card back
Warcraft will be a murloc pet
Diablo III will be any or all of: wings, pennant, pet, banner
Heroes of the Storm will be a mount
Overwatch will be.. ooh, this one's new, so who knows. Maybe a portrait or spray.
which is fine, but i'd like to see what's what :p

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I don't want the client. I just want to download from a regular freakin website.

im not sure what the issue is. click the Mods link at the top and you can search whatever you need.

the client is very convenient though. i didn't use the client for 8 years and was only updating mods like 2 times a year.

now im up to date all of the time and its easy as fuck to update. i really recommend the client, its free.

Anoregon

Damn I think I may dive back in. Does the expansion purchase include any play time?

Naa, that hasn't been the case since like BC (maybe wrath?)

Lomax

Wrath did, and so did vanilla if you bought during that time. I think cata did also, but mop did not.

Vanilla "did" because vanilla was the base game, and the base game always includes a month. No other expansion has ever included any game time with purchase. Certainly not in the way that is being asked about. Now any returning user can almost always get at least a free week when they want, but that's different. Buying an expansion doesn't inherently add time to your account. TBH, it should, especially with as stupidly expensive as expansions have gotten. But it doesn't. Every copy of Legion should have come with a token. And they should make tokens spendable on more than just game time. But at least we have tokens at all.

Ashodin

Finally with Marks of Honor I can purchase the Relentless Gladiator's boots!

vIgnGrR.jpg

I FEEL COMPLETE

lazygecko

you should really use the client.

all these .01 updates and bullshit like that for both addons and wow make managing the shit manually a real pain in the ass

that said, you can totally still download them standalone

the front page has a "Looking for mods?" link and then you pick your game

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow

Thanks.

I still prefer to download them manually. I still remember when Curse was compromised and had malicious software placed within .zips of popular addons. The last thing I want is for some software to just indiscriminately install that stuff behind my back.

Finally with Marks of Honor I can purchase the Relentless Gladiator's boots!

vIgnGrR.jpg

I FEEL COMPLETE

Did they re-add old PvP offsets that were previously unobtainable because they were phased out?

M.D

It's still up.

The PTR patch went live a couple of weeks ago, so I'm not sure if it's still up.

Oh, that's the client I currently use. Didn't know it was the old one.

Thanks.

I'm playing around with classes now, trying to decide what I should boost.
Affliction Warlock seems kinda complex, am I understanding correctly that you need to cast most of your dots on a soul effigy as well? Are you supposed to do that with multiple targets as well (Raid trash that doesn't die quickly for example)?

Edit: NVM, seems like you can only cast soul effigy on a single target which makes way more sense

biaxident

Ok I finally made it to the point where I need farm lunkers for pagle rep, where is the best spot to do that? I remember in this thread somewhere shadowmoon/spires southern coast maybe. That the spot?

Akoi

Well I think I am going to resub after being away for 11 years this month. I played a hunter all the way to level 65 earlier this year on a free 30 trial I got via email years ago and I had a blast but I knew this expansion was changing a lot so I held back before I resigned, now I think its finally time to come back for good.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
why would someone ride the gryphon to ashran? fear of portals?
There's a fucking portal to Ashran?

I think I've wasted hours of my life.

I just wasted about 1k gold on Firelands transmog and I don't even like as much as my ToC transmog. Meh. I'll use it until xpac hits and then go back to my glorious alliance gear.

Strimei

I just wasted about 1k gold on Firelands transmog and I don't even like as much as my ToC transmog. Meh. I'll use it until xpac hits and then go back to my glorious alliance gear.

Its in the tower by the mine in the Alliance garrison (at the top). No idea about Horde.

cdyhybrid

Only if you have a level 3 garrison.

Milennia

played shadow for all of raid testing tonight, so much fucking fun, surrender is honestly the best thing ive experience in this game

record is like 4 minutes

(yes you can go above 3 minutes)

Tacitus_

Well, daily quests weren't added until 2.1 in TBC. If you weren't gearing up via raids or pvp, you could... farm mats at cap.

God, I'm hoping something like this doesn't happen. I took time off and I'm leveling with my friend, it's gonna be a good time. Hopefully.

It'll be fine. WoD was pretty much fine outside of Garrisons and now they don't need to spin up an instance for every single player going to the new content at the same time.

It'll be fine. WoD was pretty much fine outside of Garrisons and now they don't need to spin up an instance for every single player going to the new content at the same time.

Quite true.

I don't even remember my leveling experience with Draenor. I think I blocked out most of what happened prior to my return a couple of months ago.

I just watched Bellular's top 5 ranged video. Fire Mages and Elemental Shaman both look great. I'm having a really hard time deciding on an alt for Legion.

M.D

Let's narrow down my class to boost list

1. I have a Druid and a Hunter
2. I know for sure that I don't want to heal, so while Shadow Priest may be good right now the possibility that I won't like it or it would be not that good at some point and it'll leave me with 2 healing specs rules this class out
3. I want to tank in Legion but this boosted character won't necessarily be my tank/main spec, so it doesn't have to have a tank spec
4. I don't have preference for melee or ranged
5. I don't like Paladins

What should I do GAF

Top Bottom