• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Funny how Tirion in ICC sounds gravely injured when you click on him.

Unintentional Legion spoilers lol.

styl3s

Few questions about Valor.

Is it worth upgrading my gear this soon to Legion and if not is it worth me maxing out the amount of Valor i can have before Legion comes out? Same goes for Timewarped Badges is it worth getting a bunch? I am at a point where i don't really have anything to focus on until Legion comes out and if there any kind of currency or materials i should be getting i would rather just farm it all now then do it after Legion comes out.

EDIT- I assume Apexis Crystals are useless in Legion?

ampere

Few questions about Valor.

Is it worth upgrading my gear this soon to Legion and if not is it worth me maxing out the amount of Valor i can have before Legion comes out? Same goes for Timewarped Badges is it worth getting a bunch? I am at a point where i don't really have anything to focus on until Legion comes out and if there any kind of currency or materials i should be getting i would rather just farm it all now then do it after Legion comes out.

EDIT- I assume Apexis Crystals are useless in Legion?

Valor and Apexis are only useful for WoD stuff. The invasions that start Tuesday will get you better gear than anything Apexis related

Timewarped badges can buy mounts, toys, and old rep tokens. They won't be useless when Legion comes out, but Timewalking will be on hiatus for a little bit, so they won't help you gear at the start of Legion.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Let's narrow down my class to boost list

1. I have a Druid and a Hunter
2. I know for sure that I don't want to heal, so while Shadow Priest may be good right now the possibility that I won't like it or it would be not that good at some point and it'll leave me with 2 healing specs rules this class out
3. I want to tank in Legion but this boosted character won't necessarily be my tank/main spec, so it doesn't have to have a tank spec
4. I don't have preference for melee or ranged
5. I don't like Paladins

What should I do GAF
Mages are in a good place right now. Also very fun to play, with good artifact quest storylines. Death Knight is my personal favorite melee class right now, but a lot of people like Warriors, too. The only thing about DKs is that they don't really get a unique class hall because they... already had one. It's the Ebon Hold again. Don't let that stop you from enjoying the class, though. The Hold was good before, and it's still good now.

So, one of those three.

Rambaldi

So are these "invasions will only be every for hours at first" rumors true? I swear I don't remember reading anything official on that but I could be wrong. If so, I'm extremely disappointed. I imagine a lot of people balance the game around work and I would hate to miss a week of new content just because of their weird timetable.

Azzurri

I'm so torn on which spec I want to level first in legion for my Mage.

Right now Fire is the leader in PvP and PvE, all the mobility and instacast really helps against melee in this meta.

Frost is really weak dmg wise in PvP and PvE, but has some nice control.

I'v always liked the theme of Arcane the most for some reason but it's so mana hungry and it seems so slow compared to Fire, and with all the melee in PvP you're a sitting duck.

I'm guessing blizz will buff Frost and Arcane so it can compete with fire in PvE and PvP

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So are these "invasions will only be every for hours at first" rumors true? I swear I don't remember reading anything official on that but I could be wrong. If so, I'm extremely disappointed. I imagine a lot of people balance the game around work and I would hate to miss a week of new content just because of their weird timetable.

I have a feeling they'll be more frequent than you think. There's only six of them so they would likely be encouraged to rotate them pretty often.

Rambaldi

I have a feeling they'll be more frequent than you think. There's only six of them so they would likely be encouraged to rotate them pretty often.

I hope so. I just keep seeing people say "every four hours" so I assume it would be only one at a time (which totally seems like something Blizzard would do)

I'm so thirsty for new content. I won't get to use a DH until launch because I have the physical CE from Amazin so I have to take what I can get!

Milennia

I'm so torn on which spec I want to level first in legion for my Mage.

Right now Fire is the leader in PvP and PvE, all the mobility and instacast really helps against melee in this meta.

Frost is really weak dmg wise in PvP and PvE, but has some nice control.

I'v always liked the theme of Arcane the most for some reason but it's so mana hungry and it seems so slow compared to Fire, and with all the melee in PvP you're a sitting duck.

I'm guessing blizz will buff Frost and Arcane so it can compete with fire in PvE and PvP

Level as frost because you get an extra 5% exp and rep and just sit on all the AP tokens.

biaxident

So while leveling to 110, do you only accrue AP through item drops, or are there any tied to questing at all? I'm just wondering if its better to go with a more efficient leveling spec then switch at 110 and use all the AP items.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

styl3s

Valor and Apexis are only useful for WoD stuff. The invasions that start Tuesday will get you better gear than anything Apexis related

Timewarped badges can buy mounts, toys, and old rep tokens. They won't be useless when Legion comes out, but Timewalking will be on hiatus for a little bit, so they won't help you gear at the start of Legion.
So there is nothing worth farming before Legion?

Corsick

I'm getting a fatal error. Anyone else?

Literally just started getting it 5 minutes ago:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748034838?page=4#post-63
Posted by Halkriel
Hey all,

We're investigating the cause of these reports. We'll update this thread once we have more information.

In the mean time, some are reporting success with deleting the WoW Cache and report back if it helps please:
Open Battle.net App and click on Options
Select "Show in explorer" and open the WoW forums
Highlight the Cache folder and delete it
Try logging in

17 min ago
(Edited)

Just another update, it looks like a hotfix was pushed and appears to be the cause. This hotfix has been reverted and should start clearing up here in roughly 15 minutes.

You can still use the cache delete as a workaround to get in, but I would say hold off on resetting your UI for now.

Keep us posted on the status on if the issue persists after that.

Khezu

I really wish this didn't bug me as much as it does.
TuJRKO4.png

Does anyone have much experience with melee DPS in Legion? I've played warrior since Wrath, but I really dislike the looks of the artifacts.

I don't really have a perfect handle on what sort of rotations/playstyles I dislike, but I do enjoy having some sort of utility like rallying cry and taunt/die by the sword.

For offspecs, I'm more interested in healing than tanking, but it isn't a necessity.

If I get a decent feel for Legion on the PTR, I guess that would be the best way to decide what rotations are for me.

Wow, so I'm so far out of the loop that I just read about the wardrobe.

To give you a little perspective, I was the type of collector that kept his tier .5 dungeon set and multiple tier sets/pets before transmoging/collections were a thing.

This is amazing, yet...I don't know if I can clear my bags. I know this is ridiculous because it is just pixels but what if I want to WEAR it? Yeah, I can get rid of more recent tiers as they don't really matter and I'm sure I could farm them again, but things like my original Quel', dungeon set 2, hell even T2 I'm probably going to keep for sentimental value to larp around in.

...am I weird? I mean, I was a guy who kept a full twill set with broom at one time too.

*Broom had firey enchant for added badassery

Strimei

To give you a little perspective, I was the type of collector that kept his tier .5 dungeon set and multiple tier sets/pets before transmoging/collections were a thing.

This is amazing, yet...I don't know if I can clear my bags. I know this is ridiculous because it is just pixels but what if I want to WEAR it? Yeah, I can get rid of more recent tiers as they don't really matter and I'm sure I could farm them again, but things like my original Quel', dungeon set 2, hell even T2 I'm probably going to keep for sentimental value to larp around in.

...am I weird? I mean, I was a guy who kept a full twill set with broom at one time too.

I don't think its too weird. I kept a few items, specifically those that have on-use or special effects (i.e. the Hydrocane should I ever need to be under water for a long time, the tabard of the protector with its on use effect, and so forth).

Keep what you want, especially special items like Quel and junk.

Whew. I just saw all of these clear bag posts on the forums and in convos with friends and didn't know if I was missing a "withdrawal" feature" or something where you could get the physical item back or something

Lomax

*Broom had firey enchant for added badassery

On my original main, the wardrobe change didn't result in me getting rid of anything at all. I've kept lots of things just like you have, and will continue to do so. So no, you're not weird. I really don't think it's possible to be deeply invested in a game like this and not have some aspect of a desire to collect, it's just too ingrained in the mechanics. To me the weird ones are the people that play and get no attachment at all to anything.

ampere

Whew. I just saw all of these clear bag posts on the forums and in convos with friends and didn't know if I was missing a "withdrawal" feature" or something where you could get the physical item back or something

Considering void storage has practically no purpose anymore, it definitely doesn't hurt to keep your old gear in there.

If you keep it in your bank to preserve gems and enchants, ok you're a little crazy :p

Really hope that every four hours thing isn't true about the invasions. There's no way I'll be able to gear up all of my characters like that; I'll have to continue bringing some to Tanaan.

Lomax

I'm sure by the last few days of the event the invasions will be non-stop. And it's not like the gear won't be replaced by level 101 greens, it mostly exists for transmog purposes and last minute filling in holes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm sure by the last few days of the event the invasions will be non-stop. And it's not like the gear won't be replaced by level 101 greens, it mostly exists for transmog purposes and last minute filling in holes.

Need that FoS though.

Top Bottom