• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Lain

Yesterday I took Saberstalkers to revered so I got flying in Draenor. Now I won't get stuck on small rocks, find myself unable to get over slopes that looks like they should be climbable or have to take long side trips around because of some obstacle that wasn't present on the map.
Navigating the world of Draenor was tedious and annoying for me and now I won't have to be subjected to it ever again.

Now to win the final naval battle for the leg quest and wait for next week for the last page thing and I'll be done with that too.

LowParry

Well well well. My lucky night.

5kS5xDg.png

M.D

Mages are in a good place right now. Also very fun to play, with good artifact quest storylines. Death Knight is my personal favorite melee class right now, but a lot of people like Warriors, too. The only thing about DKs is that they don't really get a unique class hall because they... already had one. It's the Ebon Hold again. Don't let that stop you from enjoying the class, though. The Hold was good before, and it's still good now.

So, one of those three.

I just tried Unholy DK, Elemental and Enhancement Shaman
Unholy I have to test some more, but both Shaman classes were fun. I also tried Fire Mage late last night and couldn't really understand the rotation since I was so tired, but it seems like a class that keeps you on your toes and you always have something to cast which is something that I like.

As for the Warrior, I am leveling a Prot warrior (lvl 74) and love the class

Eklipsis

Really wish I could get a free race change. I like my DK but don't like the Draenei race that I chose...I supposed j could delete it and re-level one but that sounds like a nightmare seeing as I have other classes I am leveling right now.

Well well well. My lucky night.

5kS5xDg.png

That's awesome! Congrats! One day it too shall be mine...

Auctopus

Is there something I'm missing with levelling a Warrior?

Yes, it's my first warrior but I don't understand how at Level 8, things are so difficult. All my skills require a two-handed weapon so I still have to use my shit starting one. I almost get wrecked by Level 6-7s every fight and the damage output is so slow. Is there like a plateau where it suddenly levels out? Cause right now I don't really wanna play this character anymore.

Just for reference, I'm not very active on this thread but I'm not a beginner. I've leveled a Pally, Hunter and warlock to level 90 and beyond during Wotlk and Cata.

Any advice?

peely

Neo Member
Wow, so I'm so far out of the loop that I just read about the wardrobe.

To give you a little perspective, I was the type of collector that kept his tier .5 dungeon set and multiple tier sets/pets before transmoging/collections were a thing.

This is amazing, yet...I don't know if I can clear my bags. I know this is ridiculous because it is just pixels but what if I want to WEAR it? Yeah, I can get rid of more recent tiers as they don't really matter and I'm sure I could farm them again, but things like my original Quel', dungeon set 2, hell even T2 I'm probably going to keep for sentimental value to larp around in.

...am I weird? I mean, I was a guy who kept a full twill set with broom at one time too.

*Broom had firey enchant for added badassery

No. I've still got all my vanilla stuff in void storage. Just wish I'd kept the undead slaying set from the original Naxx invasion.

Not sure if it was in the patch or hotfixed, but my garrison herb garden isn't all frostweed anymore, and the option to plant all frostweed doesn't exist (the only way to get them is to plant a mix of everything), Think this means less alchemy catalysts so I guess some prices will be going up (if not already), but I'm a lazy casual so I'm not sure :(

Godan

I take it we get some more skills from our artifact weapons? When playing my Prot pally i just feel i am standing doing nothing sometimes for like 2 - 4 seconds.

M.D

Got Vanguard Legplates yesterday and sold for 62K overnight, now the guy who I'm prusuming to have bought it is trying to flip it for 97K. Good luck!

I've made up the 80K I paid for the token and some more, but I still regret buying that token instead of a sub ;s

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I take it we get some more skills from our artifact weapons? When playing my Prot pally i just feel i am standing doing nothing sometimes for like 2 - 4 seconds.

a couple usually. one just from having it (although some specs dont, like BM hunter gets a second pet, but not a active skill), and then sometimes theres another in the big 4 artifact talents. Although in prot pali's case, its only 1 more lol

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
played shadow for all of raid testing tonight, so much fucking fun, surrender is honestly the best thing ive experience in this game

record is like 4 minutes

(yes you can go above 3 minutes)

We've only been able to get about 1:30 at level 100 right now. 4 minutes must be fun though.

idk when they nerfed flamepatch, but spriests are the new mages for now =p

M.D

How do you link up your game with the Curse client? It says I have no game identities even tho I selected WoW when it asked me, and I can't find a way to install addons through the client. When I try to install addons through the client on their website it does nothing.

Is there a way to pull all the addons I have manually installed to the client? do you need to delete them from /interface after installing them to the client?

Edit: What the hell.. I seem to have installed some sort of social client of theirs, and there's a totally different client for addon management. WEIRD.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
do druids not have flight form anymore?

edit: nvm just pressed travel form in outlands and it went into bird form. weird

Milennia

We've only been able to get about 1:30 at level 100 right now. 4 minutes must be fun though.

idk when they nerfed flamepatch, but spriests are the new mages for now =p

Flame patch to 25% was like last week iirc rip

Yeah spriest is the shit idk gaming that and being able to do small things like sit on a charge of death until you really need it is nice, tons of stuff you can do to just keep it going

I'm still too dmg on most of the fights as Mage though, since they are so short and you barely get an execute or a good ramp up as as priest like you would on archi or manno, when they can nerf a top3 ability and your damage is still nits that's when you know something is wrong:p

Mostly class trink though p sure you just use flame patch on like 3 encounters next tier without it being a detriment, now you would just use it on 1 (tich) and LB on everything else

But LB is more fun so fuck it

Rhaknar

fucking tanks really are the worst. no offense to any tanks here.

just got to outlands, go into hellfire, hero tanks pulls the entire instance, im spamming him in my pre-60 shit gear, he dies and goes "wake up healer"

fucking tanks man...

Fjordson

Wow, I just listened to some of the Tomb of Sargeras radio drama and it's awesome. Stuff like this and the Harbinger shorts are so cool.

Legion rollout is A+ for me so far.

Rhaknar

guess i overrate wrath content, im currently destroying ICC25 heroic on my boosted warrior (boosted 100 chars are ilvl 640), how will I do Lich King with his ladies taking you away on a flight tho?

Fjordson

guess i overrate wrath content, im currently destroying ICC25 heroic on my boosted warrior (boosted 100 chars are ilvl 640), how will I do Lich King with his ladies taking you away on a flight tho?
They don't take away whoever Arthas is targeting I think? Been a while since I've done that fight, but I think that's what it is. Never had a problem with them when I was doing it weekly.

Rhaknar

They don't take away whoever Arthas is targeting I think? Been a while since I've done that fight, but I think that's what it is. Never had a problem with them when I was doing it weekly.

ah ok. and I assume I have to skip the sleeping dragon since I cant heal her

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I cannot for the life of me figure out how to solo the airship battle in ICC

Rhaknar

I just spammed it for 5 seconds and then it froze the cannons and...died /shrug

also, you only get 1 heroic tier token per boss, the other 2 are normal lol, such bullshit

Rhaknar

yo this winged boss in firelands kicked my ass, the rest was piss so far. whats the trick?

im in 25m heroic

edit: and this dude with the dogs walking around also whooped my ass, I couldnt free myself from the dogs. time to read up i guess

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Get in the cannon before the ship arrives, spam 1 while it's descending toward you, and press 2 when the orange bar to the right is almost full.

Congrats, the battle is over without any action happening from the enemy ship.

carlsojo

yo this winged boss in firelands kicked my ass, the rest was piss so far. whats the trick?

im in 25m heroic

edit: and this dude with the dogs walking around also whooped my ass, I couldnt free myself from the dogs. time to read up i guess

Rageface shuts down several of my characters attempts to solo firelands.

Rizzi

It's such a small change, but the little icon that pops up over your character's head when you stand on top of an archaeology site makes me so happy.

im in 25m heroic

If you go prot the dog won't stun you, then just switch back to your other spec.

Rhaknar

If you go prot the dog won't stun you, then just switch back to your other spec.

yeah just did this and it was easy. but now the wings guy is destroying my face with that decimation blade crap. none of my cooldowns help against it, not even ignore pain. so what?

Lanrutcon

Protip for soloing old raids: take some leech. Given the excessive amount of damage we do in old content, that 2% (or whatever) leech turns you into a god.

Kazzak drops an easy to get leech trinket.

Rhaknar

hmm how to deal with this debuff that sends me flying on Rag?

edit: nvm hes dead. no 2h mace, no mount ;_;

Fjordson

hmm how to deal with this debuff that sends me flying on Rag?

edit: nvm hes dead. no 2h mace, no mount ;_;
So Rag showed up for you in heroic??

The last two weeks I can't get Rag to show up in 25 man heroic. I kill every boss on heroic (including Shannox) but he simply doesn't pop up in his room. If I zone out and switch it to 10 man normal he shows up, but I need the helm from heroic for transmog =[ not sure what's going on with it.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member

Yes, it's my first warrior but I don't understand how at Level 8, things are so difficult. All my skills require a two-handed weapon so I still have to use my shit starting one. I almost get wrecked by Level 6-7s every fight and the damage output is so slow. Is there like a plateau where it suddenly levels out? Cause right now I don't really wanna play this character anymore.

Just for reference, I'm not very active on this thread but I'm not a beginner. I've leveled a Pally, Hunter and warlock to level 90 and beyond during Wotlk and Cata.

Any advice?

I'd be curious to see this for myself. What zone did you first level in?

I won't be able to check until the morning but I already have some idea how rubbish it feels given the abilities you're given early. I always level with heirlooms as most would so everyone would be close to one-shotting everything anyway making it difficult to give advice without seeing how it actually is without them (or maybe with them as well?). And of course the pre-patch only just come out which may have brought some of its own changes to low levels (I believe I noticed Warriors start with slam now.)

If you can tough it out until level 10 I'd imagine switching away from Arms would be the way to go given how slow af it is at cap.

Rhaknar

So Rag showed up for you in heroic??

The last two weeks I can't get Rag to show up in 25 man heroic. I kill every boss on heroic (including Shannox) but he simply doesn't pop up in his room. If I zone out and switch it to 10 man normal he shows up, but I need the helm from heroic for transmog =[ not sure what's going on with it.

yeah I killed him

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are Affliction warlocks supposed to be this weak? I clearly can't kill Heroic 25 man ICC bosses as fast as the other classes i played(fire mage, ret paladin, fury warrior, enh shaman, ass rogue)... I mean, I just killed Saurfang with my warlock and he had time to spawn his adds, which I haven't seen in years! I'm clearly following talents & spell rotations seens in Icy Veins, not sure what I'm missing... the item lvl is about the same as my other alts(~690).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are Affliction warlocks supposed to be this weak? I clearly can't kill Heroic 25 man ICC bosses as fast as the other classes i played(fire mage, ret paladin, fury warrior, enh shaman, ass rogue)... I mean, I just killed Saurfang with my warlock and he had time to spawn his adds, which I haven't seen in years! I'm clearly following talents & spell rotations seens in Icy Veins, not sure what I'm missing... the item lvl is about the same as my other alts(~690).

no, they just have the longest ramp up time in the game

they're basically godlike broken in pvp atm. If you're farming old content, I recommend Demonology right now.

lazygecko

Spent some time familiarizing myself with the enhancement shaman changes, and perhaps it's a bit early at this point, but man, I'm not really feeling it. The removal of shocks (frostbrand/flametongue seem to be the "replacements", only they hardly have any range to speak of), no grounding totem, no windfury, the new resource system, etc... It hardly feels any different from when I was playing fury warrior during WoD.

Early on during Legion development they acknowledged the erosion of class identities, and how they wanted to bring that back again. That was probably what had me most excited for Legion. But now it seems that their perception of class identity only lies in animations and order halls, which is ultimately really superficial. What they've done in practice is make things even worse here.

Auctopus

Earlier in the thread I was whinging about levelling a Fury Warrior: I was doing no damage, was really slow, kept dying to ridiculously underpowered mobs.

Well, I hit Level 10-12 and I shredded my way to level 25 in no time once I earned some talents.

Rhaknar

son of a bitch! even switched to holy on my pali to kill / heal the sleeping dragon and the damn heroic t10 DK boots look alike didnt drop lol >_< Im out of plate classes to try this week :(

I just need the boots to complete the set, now this is a Blood set if I ever seen one

Earlier in the thread I was whinging about levelling a Fury Warrior: I was doing no damage, was really slow, kept dying to ridiculously underpowered mobs.

Well, I hit Level 10-12 and I shredded my way to level 25 in no time once I earned some talents.

you werent Fury before level 10 anyway, you were Arms

Tenebrous

I fucked up & deleted my old Shield Barrier WA (which I changed to IP), and now I can't figure out how to make a new one. I can get an icon that shows the IP duration, but I can't figure out how to make it show the absorb amount.

This. Is. Damn. Annoying. Help!?!?!?

Rhaknar

so here's a silly question but I missed most of cata... where the fuck is the nefarian raid?

the t11 one, not the old t2 one obviously :p

edit: just youtubed it, its actually where you phisically fight Nefarion in Blackwing Lair...

...thats pretty cool cool fam :eek:

Any advice?

They recently did a pass to make the starter areas slightly more difficult, things take a couple of whacks to die as opposed to one or two. This would be moot if you were leveling with heirlooms. Get to 10, see if one of the specs makes a difference for you, if not, drop it. If you don't enjoy the class you shouldn't force yourself to continue playing it.

Top Bottom