• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

aerogod 2.0

Neo Member
You get boosted to 700 not 800, however as far as I can tell there is no difference between a 700 crafting and an 800. You get the recipes from questing not based on your crafting level and you can make everything at crafting level 1 so long as you have the recipe. At least that's how it is beta but I don't think they plan on changing it

Ashodin

I think it's the neck, rings, waist, and weapons that don't change stats from STR->INT, so you'll need to collect those.

Funny when the Holy paladin artifact is a 2H mace now (which is actually really cool)

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is there something I'm missing with levelling a Warrior?

Yes, it's my first warrior but I don't understand how at Level 8, things are so difficult. All my skills require a two-handed weapon so I still have to use my shit starting one. I almost get wrecked by Level 6-7s every fight and the damage output is so slow. Is there like a plateau where it suddenly levels out? Cause right now I don't really wanna play this character anymore.

Just for reference, I'm not very active on this thread but I'm not a beginner. I've leveled a Pally, Hunter and warlock to level 90 and beyond during Wotlk and Cata.

Any advice?
I pushed something new up out of curiosity and even without heirlooms it is still very easy. It's pretty slow and simplistic like all things just at the start, but combat shouldn't really take more than 5-10 seconds a fight. Out of combat regen is still quite high. In combat stuff is really straightforward. One thing I notice when I watch videos of people playing Warrior for the first time is that they aren't using Charge all the time to enter combat. Only thing I can really think of, but the rage it generates is huge. Cooldown is too long at this level to use it for every mob you take on but it's up enough to use regularly.
If you can tough it out until level 10 I'd imagine switching away from Arms would be the way to go given how slow af it is at cap.
Arms is not slow at cap though...disinfo...
Arms is much, much stronger and faster than Fury for leveling. Much better on sustain moving between mobs with Victory Rush, and Overpower is basically broken for leveling with how often it procs. Very strong. Fury only really outpreforms Arms against a single stronger enemy like an elite mob.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The new system, I'm pretty sure it's everything but weapons and trinkets in Legion. I know cloaks and belts change now.

Is there a system to make leveling your Artifact weapon easier for off-specs?

Also I logged in and all my items and gold are gone. I haven't played in a year. What are the odds my stuff will get recovered? Should I be logged in to deal with a gm?

M.D

Well they'd probably just go to whatever they go to now when you boost to 100.

Thanks.
What professions would you guys suggest I should boost with? I have engineering, enhancement, jewelcrafting and mining

I'm not sure what looks to be profitable in Legion, or if I should use it on harder to level professions and just invest some gold into possibly profitable professions

Ashodin

We're on the cusp of Legion, but this fanfake was pretty damn well done

http://wow.gamepedia.com/User:GoldenYak/Great_Seas_Expansion_Concept

Gyak_roa_splash.png

800px-Map_roa_nyalotha.jpg

cdyhybrid

Is there a system to make leveling your Artifact weapon easier for off-specs?

Also I logged in and all my items and gold are gone. I haven't played in a year. What are the odds my stuff will get recovered? Should I be logged in to deal with a gm?

Look up Artifact Knowledge.

And you don't need to be logged in. They might not get back to you while you're on, depending on how busy they are. They can just email you.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I still hold hope we'll get Thal'dranath in a patch.
They already said we won't and honestly it does not seem needed at all given that we already have more than enough stuff with the same theme.

Ashodin

They already said we won't and honestly it does not seem needed at all given that we already have more than enough stuff with the same theme.

Oh okay. I was just hoping for more real estate.

edit: Granted, I haven't seen ANY of the zones at all so I have no frame of reference for how "large" they feel.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah, it's like, they could add it and not make it more elven ruins. It's a silly excuse.

But then it's not Thal'Dranath. That's the point. Instead of adding an elven ruin zone named Thal'Dranath, they are planning to add some other kind of zone instead.

Then again, given the Blizzard fanbase, they would probably be better off naming the zone TD regardless of what it is to minimize complaining, even if it has absolutely nothing to do with the original concept for the zone.

Ashodin

But then it's not Thal'Dranath. That's the point. Instead of adding an elven ruin zone named Thal'Dranath, they are planning to add some other kind of zone instead.

Then again, given the Blizzard fanbase, they would probably be better off naming the zone TD regardless of what it is to minimize complaining, even if it has absolutely nothing to do with the original concept for the zone.

Oh they ARE planning to add another? Awesome!

Ashodin

They said they're scrapping Thal'dranath but they're going to deliver something else in its place. They haven't said anything else about what the replacement is though.

Oh sweet, I'm fine with that then. Sounds like they wanted TD, but then realized it was too much Elf when Suramar does the trick, and wanted to add something different.

I'm hoping it's Tel Abim for the lulz.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Last beta build, were the mobility buff damage effect type talents for Demon Hunters still the top choices? I know they were for a while, but I haven't kept up much.

cdyhybrid

Last beta build, were the mobility buff damage effect type talents for Demon Hunters still the top choices? I know they were for a while, but I haven't kept up much.

If you mean Momentum, yes. It's better than Nemesis in pretty much every scenario if you play it correctly. Only reason to use Nemesis is if you can't play Momentum correctly or the fight forces you to stay in one place.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Oh sweet, I'm fine with that then. Sounds like they wanted TD, but then realized it was too much Elf when Suramar does the trick, and wanted to add something different.

I'm hoping it's Tel Abim for the lulz.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's zandalar or something else trolly, but it could also be a big demon area through a portal, like the molten front in cata.

Rambaldi

Are there any other good places to advertise recruitment besides the forums? I just want to make sure I am using all available resources.

speaking of: Horde - Hyjal (US) - Casual Raiding / Environment (battletag is prophetfive#1343 for info)

..in case anyone is interested.

Plunder Isle, Zandalar, Ny'aolatha and Kul Tiras would be cool. Tel Abim as the Ashran/Winterspring/Tol Barad and have the Horde and Alliance fighting over bananas is a funny idea

I logged in and all my items and gold are gone. I haven't played in a year. What are the odds my stuff will get recovered? Should I be logged in to deal with a gm?

"We're not able to keep records of every character on every account for every player for long periods of time. That's a whole lot of information! However, we do try to do our best to get you back to what you were, by doing a thorough investigation to see if there's anything we've got a record of. After looking over your characters for quite a bit, there wasn't anything coming up to try to restore for your characters, I'm afraid. =/ Sometimes, it's just been too long for us to see what to restore anymore. "

RIP my Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings ;_;

Shahadan

I'd be very careful with that statement about Thal'dranath's replacement. They never said it was a zone, and it could be some recycled content or consider their "mega dungeon" (whatever it is) the replacement.

Ashodin

I'd be very careful with that statement about Thal'dranath's replacement. They never said it was a zone, and it could be some recycled content or consider their "mega dungeon" (whatever it is) the replacement.

Any more info on the "mega dungeon"?

I'm hoping it's Karazhan tuned for 5 man.

Shahadan

Any more info on the "mega dungeon"?

I'm hoping it's Karazhan tuned for 5 man.

No info but that's probably what it is + crypts or something

ISn't karazhan supposed to have an inverted version underground or something anyway? IT's supposed to be as big. That would be a nice way to keep the 10 man version alive anyway

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if its not kara I will be terribly disapointed

JORMBO

Darkness no more
If you have it, it's on there. They don't typically show stuff that's unobtainable unless you already have it. Or super rare stuff like Gladiator mounts.

My account got hacked a long time ago and the hacker deleted my Tier 3. Was hoping it would show back up since I did the quest. Guess not =/

M.D

Does Guardian Druid get more interesting with the Artifact? I was liking it at first but after all the time I spent leveling my Warrior, it seems to have gotten boring..

I just stand there spamming 3 skills, applying one DoT and applying it again because Galactic Guardian feels like it has a 100% proc chance rather than 10%, and the only way to spend excess Rage is Maul which is barely a skill. It also doesn't help that Thrash and Swipe are basically the same ability with different applications..

Unfortunately, I probably won't be able to main a Prot Warrior if I do tank for my guild in Legion because our main tank is already a Warrior.

I have to play more with Blood DK but from what I've seen it didn't look super interesting and the lack of mobility on that class really hurts it for me because that's probably what I like the most about any class in this game. Monk seems to be in a really weird place from what I've read and I know nothing about DH tank

Jrmint

I just bought a Moose run for 20k. Seems like a fair price right?

I also got the Seed of Creation Druid trinket which I'm pretty excited about.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bored at work, any good lore videos to pass the time?

Rhaknar

You suck Carl :(

At least I have chicken

Strimei

While it is smart to be careful, I have to imagine it'll be a whole new zone. Can you imagine the outcry if they axed another zone and then don't put in a new one to replace it? Shades of Farahlon, that.

They said that it'll be something cool and all and they seem to have things better planned this time around (hopefully).

But then again, they said they learned at the end of MoP that they were wrong for not making new 5-mans, yet they didn't seem to remember that lesson in WoD.

Ashodin

Omg Darkmoon Fair is so amazing!!! o_O

Its nothing like the fair in vanilla I saw that one time

oh is it up again? I first discovered it last month and it was so totally different than the shitty outside Thunder Bluff one

They did a good job on it in Cata(!)

Top Bottom