• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
710 gloves from the timewalker weekly box, nice to replace my 523 greens >_>

gonna try and tackle normal Dragon Soul now, im about on par with my warrior's gear now, even got a 660 gun from a timewalker so lets see what happens

edit: remind me, 10m and 25m in cata were NOT seperate lockouts correct? RNG in 25m wants nothing to do with my hunter :( im doing it easily at least

M.D

I want the deluxe edition
I also want to boost a character to get gear from invasions tomorrow and also level up a Demon Hunter

what do

Entropia

No One Remembers
So the thing about Darkmoon cards is that at the start of each expansion, you collect a deck of them (about 8 unique cards to make a deck, crafting cards gives you a random one, so you can end up with duplicates or cards for a deck you don't want yourself).

Anyway, the decks turn into trinkets that are usually best-in-slot pre-raid or even fairly far into the first raid (potentially further) each expansion. Trinkets are a difficult slot to fill, and usually have important effects, so the cards/decks/trinkets from the cards most often are very expensive (and profitable) early on.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=62047/darkmoon-card-volcano

Yup.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yay got the shoulders at least. messed around with some other bits too, loving the new transmog system, so easy to set stuff up.

yq47rHx.png

creepy AF, I love it

Thank fuck for the Darkmoon Faire. With the profession quests there I was able to skip almost a whole levels worth of Cata dungeons. The TBC and Wrath dungeons may mostly be boring but they're straight forward tank and spank whereas most Cata dungeons manage to always be gongshows, even on normal.

I think I'm just going to do MoP questing once I hit 85. I don't want to do any of these dungeons anymore or get ooked in the dooker.

I have collected 40 darkmoon tickets so far, I think I can easily get the mount within a week :D?

If you fish up 100 Daggermaw you can buy a treasure map that starts a quest from the fishing vendor in DMF. The reward for completing that quest is 100 DMF Prize tickets. Then you can buy a mount, some heirlooms or an heirloom upgrade.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
the warglaives still exist, right?

I ran BT last night to get em for transmog but atlasloot and the wardrobe helper don't have them on the loot tables anymore

also does anyone know if the legendaries from the eye show up in transmog?

You can't Tmog legendaries.

Rhaknar

yes! decided to see if I could do dragon soul with my blood DK and got the 2h axe I wanted, for some reason I think fury warrior goes better with axes than swords

today was a good day :)

vocab

It sucks that if I play legion I got no raiding guild with friends in it. I just want to complete content, and I have some decent logs, but man finding just that is rough.

lazygecko

Alright, I can take getting ganked at the iron docks where you start the quest for Tanaan. But to have your ghost appear near the spirit healer at the raid entrance way south, making it virtually impossible to get back to your corpse and res without sickness?

Jesus fucking christ, man.

Rhaknar

continuing my transmog adventures to pass the time, just did sunwell in hopes of the 2h from kil jaeden, didnt drop but I did get muramasa... that thing is bigger than most 2handers, wtf lol >_<

Time to go paint panda land red with Alliance blood.

I think I have to roll a Tauren Shaman some point down the road, I queued with a Tauren Enhancement Shaman and they had maces that were so comically huge they were awesome. They were larger than our goblin priest.

B00TE

Had a huge hard drive failure (we think), but my friend and brother got my PC fixed up quick for tomorrow's update. I just hope we really fixed it for good, I'm gonna lose my shit if I can't be there right when the floodgates open on DH or my PC has another error during the events.

While waiting, I've been messing with brewmaster tanking. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I certainly don't feel like an unkillable god like my warrior tends to at times, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless. Having trouble pinning down when I should use my brews sometimes, though. Haven't been outright killed from screwing up, but I've made a few runs somewhat dicey.

Tacitus_

Time to go paint panda land red with Alliance blood.

I think I have to roll a Tauren Shaman some point down the road, I queued with a Tauren Enhancement Shaman and they had maces that were so comically huge they were awesome. They were larger than our goblin priest.

qBgL8WH.png

Like what you see? ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Lomax

It's funny, as demo pre-7.0, I always felt like I had a little army of followers fighting for me with all my imps around and various other pets as needed. Now, even though the new design is supposed to be completely pet-centric, they all fade so fast that I never feel like I have more than a few around.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
when people throw isle of conquest by refusing to attack and just sitting in your base the entire time demanding that we win a 3 hour war of contrition on defense

b80efe23czu9n.gif

MMaRsu

Thank fuck for the Darkmoon Faire. With the profession quests there I was able to skip almost a whole levels worth of Cata dungeons. The TBC and Wrath dungeons may mostly be boring but they're straight forward tank and spank whereas most Cata dungeons manage to always be gongshows, even on normal.

I think I'm just going to do MoP questing once I hit 85. I don't want to do any of these dungeons anymore or get ooked in the dooker.

If you fish up 100 Daggermaw you can buy a treasure map that starts a quest from the fishing vendor in DMF. The reward for completing that quest is 100 DMF Prize tickets. Then you can buy a mount, some heirlooms or an heirloom upgrade.

Well my fishing skill is at 0 so thats probably not gonna happen haha damn

Rhaknar

last transmog post for the night I promise :p

got the sword on the 4th try, not sure how I feel about it, I thought the green would match more with the green on the armor, but I dunno, I still want Armaggedon (and yes I still need the actual tier boots, which also have a bit of green going on)

also, completely forgot this bow dropped there, doesnt look as good as I remember tbh

good transmog day today, bring on Invasions and DHs

Like what you see? ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

That's just ridiculous and badass.

Well my fishing skill is at 0 so thats probably not gonna happen haha damn

That doesn't matter really, there's no restriction on being able to fish up Daggermaw. You just might pull up some junk instead of fish early on. It's pretty easy to fish up 100 Daggermaw, takes about half an hour. You can speed that up a bit by fishing the wreckage/fishing schools and occasionally you'll pull up a bloated thresher that will have 3-5 Daggermaw and some gold in it. It's an easy 100 tickets that every toon can get once.

Lomax

Someone hook me up with a moose. You know you want to.

They're down to 20k most places and I've seen groups mention having a hard time finding takers, so you could probably talk them down to 15k depending on the time and your server.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
wow-642016-08-0822-196lsla.jpg

i'm happy with my mage's lewk, i am not looking forward to the 'just fuck my shit up fam' clown costume of levelling up in the new xpac

Queue for IOC and complain about game length brehs.

for some reason it keeps forgetting that i want to ban both AV and IOC
b80efe23czu9n.gif

M.D

wednesday, its always 1 day later than US for patches.

we vendoring Legendaries fam ;_;

ecdEYY1.png

Thanks.

Un-related, but that fel apexis daily quest is literally the worst fucking thing ever. I have to spend hours every day traveling around Tannan to find these rares, and they are not even guaranteed to drop it. Not to mention it can be pain sometimes because I'm a PvP server.

I've tried realm hopping but it doesn't help, and when I mange to find rares with it they never dropped the item so I'm not sure if its intended to be that way.

A daily quest designed for people with flying that has to be done in order to be able to fly.

vocab

They're down to 20k most places and I've seen groups mention having a hard time finding takers, so you could probably talk them down to 15k depending on the time and your server.

So I have heard. Trade chat is dead as shit on my server whenever I log in.

I think if I level up another toon anytime soon after this warrior, it's gotta be able to heal and/or tank. I'm starting to play like an asshole dps in dungeons while leveling. I haven't caused any wipes with bad pulls, have only been kicked once without warning and stop if I'm asked but I'm just getting impatient with slower moving groups. Although the slow moving groups are few and far between. So probably a Tauren Resto Shaman or a Panda Brewmaster/Mistweaver. I really wanna try to level a Brewmaster, dunno why.

Rhaknar

Thanks.

Un-related, but that fel apexis daily quest is literally the worst fucking thing ever. I have to spend hours every day traveling around Tannan to find these rares, and they are not even guaranteed to drop it. Not to mention it can be pain sometimes because I'm a PvP server.

I've tried realm hopping but it doesn't help, and when I mange to find rares with it they never dropped the item so I'm not sure if its intended to be that way.

A daily quest designed for people with flying that has to be done in order to be able to fly.

I would be more fussed about Legendaries (given their rarity) if you could transmog their looks. You cant, so I never understood the fuss about them, its not like you will use them

So I have heard. Trade chat is dead as shit on my server whenever I log in.

What's the normal order for these? You give over the gold and trust they'll take you along and not boot you from the raid immediately? I just get nervous going with random folks in chat or group finder because it doesn't seem there's any good recourse if they decide to take the gold and run.

I'm now back over 20k gold so I'm going to see if I can get one of these cheap runs (though someone has a 40k offer searching for a group to take them in the group finder so perhaps prices still run high around my parts).

Edit: And I suppose them showing that Archimonde has been defeated in the group finder is the usual? I'm used to not wanting to see that to get locked out for the week but I'm assuming they don't use the character with that clear when they take you through for the kill? It's all odd to me but I'd like to have that mount.

zeemumu

I was scanning through that old Lich King vs. Sauron thread that I made a few years back. I still think Arthas could take him, or at least take movie Sauron.

Milennia

What's the normal order for these? You give over the gold and trust they'll take you along and not boot you from the raid immediately? I just get nervous going with random folks in chat or group finder because it doesn't seem there's any good recourse if they decide to take the gold and run.

I'm now back over 20k gold so I'm going to see if I can get one of these cheap runs (though someone has a 40k offer searching for a group to take them in the group finder so perhaps prices still run high around my parts).

Edit: And I suppose them showing that Archimonde has been defeated in the group finder is the usual? I'm used to not wanting to see that to get locked out for the week but I'm assuming they don't use the character with that clear when they take you through for the kill? It's all odd to me but I'd like to have that mount.

You literally only have to be level 100 to kill the boss, can have any amount of gear or experience it doesn't matter

Dead servers or servers people rarely sell on still go for 50+ and we get those regularly people use the gold for coins until they cap out

High pop servers only yield around 25k per

The boss is super easy so even rando pug sale groups can kill it consistently without wipes so scams are preeeeety rare

Are you in the US and alliance?

Rhaknar

I was scanning through that old Lich King vs. Sauron thread that I made a few years back. I still think Arthas could take him, or at least take movie Sauron.

he could take LOTR Sauron, but he couldnt take the real Sauron

4ae7049dde4df8334644639bcae6c4ac.jpg

Rambaldi

So pumped for Demon Hunters tomorrow. I already reserved the name "Magus" for it (Magus from Chrono Trigger).

Awesome name! Im surprised someone didn't have it.

I always wondered if people used fun names too but I feel weird when people see my characters and wonder what the hell I was thinking when I chose them.

And by fun I don't mean "hotbootieqt" "xdklolx" etc just in case it wasn't obvious.

Daniel R

Thanks.

You can loot it from chests and other items as well, you do not need to kill rares. Scan your surroundings with your mouse.

zeemumu

I won't be making a Demon Hunter until later

I would've loved to make a Worgen one and name it Dogg. Damn elf-only restriction

Top Bottom