• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT8| CITIZENS OF DALARAN

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
they had to make them elf only to help with the incredibly low elf population. as well as the incredibly low melee dps population.

Cr1HB3j.jpg

New UI Work-in-Progress. Have everything setup pretty much but Shadowed Unit Frames, which is going to take awhile.

The outer sets of bars are where mounts/professions/etc. will go and they hide in combat. Should only need the two main bars for abilities now, with the other ones having a lower alpha and scale for various things I may need quicker access to. The backdrop on all the bars was just to help me with placement/scaling. I'll probably turn it off on at least some of them when the UI is actually in use, but it shows the location of potential buttons for you guys as well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
priest order hall being generic draenei garbage is really disappointing. i swear nothing has been more negative to the lore than the draenei. You worship space wind chimes now! Silly humans, you were wrong! Silly Trolls, no one cares about loa! Windchimes! And they're all great and benevolent and one dimensional like us.

Now prepare for our dumb aesthetic to infect nearly every Paladin tier set.

It's funny, as demo pre-7.0, I always felt like I had a little army of followers fighting for me with all my imps around and various other pets as needed. Now, even though the new design is supposed to be completely pet-centric, they all fade so fast that I never feel like I have more than a few around.

I feel the same way. I wish they would have designed it like the Witch Doctor in Diablo III where you can always have the pets out with you.

I find that https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/opie this addon is the best for out of combat stuff like that. It can relegate all professions/mounts/toys etc to a single button that's hidden until you press it, rather than having it all on your action bars.

I do use OPie, but only for placing raid icons and world markers. I'd have to train myself to use it for mounts and crap, not to mention find a free keybind for it. Call me old school, but I still like having most everything useful on a bar somewhere.

crazyprac

I haven't played since Draenor came out and realize that it wasn't so great. But I want to play the demon hunter class. I see they streamline the classes and trying new things but I'm hesitant to drop 50$ + subscription...

Been screwing around with Arms in MoP PVE, starting to come around on it. Arms rage generation is weird, it just starts generating in huge blocks once combat begins. You just go from having a tiny amount of rage from a charge to being almost maxed out in short order. It does feel pretty strong though, tot of single target delete going on with victory rush and colossus smash.

I need to hurry up though, only 87...

Content that unlocks tomorrow: The Broken Shore, first week pre-launch quest line, Legion Invasions, Demon Hunters, Dark Whispers.

https://twitter.com/Muffinus/status/762698595413864448

M.D

You can loot it from chests and other items as well, you do not need to kill rares. Scan your surroundings with your mouse.

Thanks, I keep forgetting this.

I'm thinking of what professions I should pick up for my boosted character once I reach 60 (is it 60 or 70 now to get maxed out professions?) and at first I was thinking Tailoring/Alchemy/Inscription, but I already have half or more of the mats needed for Tailoring and Alchemy looks even cheaper, so I thought I'd go Leatherworking + Blacksmithing

I don't know if they'll be profitable but I already have Jewelcrafting, Mining, Enchanting and Engineering so those look like the best ones left..

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
This Illidan book is my first time reading a Warcraft novel...and it's pretty bad. Just really bland stuff written stylistically for junior high kids or something. Its references to the game universe always just seem very basic and on the nose too. Surprised this had a positive reception...

You literally only have to be level 100 to kill the boss, can have any amount of gear or experience it doesn't matter

Dead servers or servers people rarely sell on still go for 50+ and we get those regularly people use the gold for coins until they cap out

High pop servers only yield around 25k per

The boss is super easy so even rando pug sale groups can kill it consistently without wipes so scams are preeeeety rare

Are you in the US and alliance?

Yeah, US and Alliance. I already checked online to make sure there weren't any requirements to get in because I didn't want to pay up, get to the portal, and then have it turn me away. I'm on the Shadowsong and Borean Tundra connected realms, which seem populated well enough? The price still seems to go fairly high. Heh, been tempted to get a token to sell just to have enough gold.

Strimei

This Illidan book is my first time reading a Warcraft novel...and it's pretty bad. Just really bland stuff written stylistically for junior high kids or something. Its references to the game universe always just seem very basic and on the nose too. Surprised this had a positive reception...

I haven't read it myself, but believe me there are some pretty bad Warcraft novels (nothing on the level of Mass Effect: Deception, though, that's on its own tier). While Richard Knaak can be thanked for expanding some things (i.e. the dragons), he also wrote some of the most boring novels I've ever read.

zugzug

for tomorrows patch if you don't have Legion pre-ordered is the only thing your missing out on is starting a Demon Hunter? Are Demonic Invasions a level 100 only thing? are they random around world map in possibly every zone or are they queue only 5 man things?

carlsojo

I haven't read it myself, but believe me there are some pretty bad Warcraft novels (nothing on the level of Mass Effect: Deception, though, that's on its own tier). While Richard Knaak can be thanked for expanding some things (i.e. the dragons), he also wrote some of the most boring novels I've ever read.

My wife read the Jaina novel and she really liked it.

Strimei

My wife read the Jaina novel and she really liked it.

That's by Christie Golden who is leagues better (though she has her problems, too). She's also helped Blizzard with the creation of some characters too, for example as I recall she was the one who helped form up Valerian Mengsk for Starcraft 2.

biaxident

So I guess it's the norm to wipe 3 times on archimonde LFR trash before doing him, happened last 3 times lol. I'm just trying to mess with disc in a raid and its just laughable how LFR is. Tanks don't move boss out of fire, so naturally all melee stand in fire till they die. Just hilarious to see.

Artanisix

New UI Work-in-Progress. Have everything setup pretty much but Shadowed Unit Frames, which is going to take awhile.

The outer sets of bars are where mounts/professions/etc. will go and they hide in combat. Should only need the two main bars for abilities now, with the other ones having a lower alpha and scale for various things I may need quicker access to. The backdrop on all the bars was just to help me with placement/scaling. I'll probably turn it off on at least some of them when the UI is actually in use, but it shows the location of potential buttons for you guys as well.

can u share your import strings for bartender/suf when done?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
priest order hall being generic draenei garbage is really disappointing. i swear nothing has been more negative to the lore than the draenei. You worship space wind chimes now! Silly humans, you were wrong! Silly Trolls, no one cares about loa! Windchimes! And they're all great and benevolent and one dimensional like us.

Now prepare for our dumb aesthetic to infect nearly every Paladin tier set.
Sounds like someone who's a fan of the Undead for being "complex"

They should just make low-level hub guards insta-gib players from the opposite faction in uncontested zones no matter what their level or ilvl is. Or remove the ability to flag for world PVP on a PVE server. Although that would fuck up some TBC quests.

Flying through the northern barrens, some nelf rogue is trolling Nozzlepot's Outpost and taunting all of the lowbies as he kills the quest givers. I log out of my warrior, into my hunter, almost kill him, he runs off, I sit there for a while, he doesn't appear to be coming back but by the time I switch back to my warrior that I want to level he's already back to trolling the quest hub again. I want to help because that's obnoxious, and maybe if I wasn't trying to boost this warrior to cap before Legion stuff starts to happen I would just sit there and fight this dude overandoverandover, but that shit isn't fun.

Lomax

They should just make low-level hub guards insta-gib players from the opposite faction in uncontested zones no matter what their level or ilvl is. Or remove the ability to flag for world PVP on a PVE server. Although that would fuck up some TBC quests.

Flying through the northern barrens, some nelf rogue is trolling Nozzlepot's Outpost and taunting all of the lowbies as he kills the quest givers. I log out of my warrior, into my hunter, almost kill him, he runs off, I sit there for a while, he doesn't appear to be coming back but by the time I switch back to my warrior that I want to level he's already back to trolling the quest hub again. I want to help because that's obnoxious, and maybe if I wasn't trying to boost this warrior to cap before Legion stuff starts to happen I would just sit there and fight this dude overandoverandover, but that shit isn't fun.

Well they could make dishonorable kills a thing again, but really it just doesn't happen all that often to really warrant an entire mechanic to prevent it. This week is the absolute nadir for things to do; I'm sure the invasions will keep people a bit busier, and then there will be current content again soon enough keeping people busy.

The1Ski

So I jumped into this thing about a month ago now (lvl 93 beast master) and I'm really enjoying. However I'm apprehensive about doing $50 on legion. I know I've gotten a ton of content since I had access to all the previous expansions, but that's still a hefty price.

So my question for those with experience in wow expansions is are you expecting legion to bring a lot of value to the table? Will I be left behind in empty towns and such without the expansion? Does it even work that way?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So I jumped into this thing about a month ago now (lvl 93 beast master) and I'm really enjoying. However I'm apprehensive about doing $50 on legion. I know I've gotten a ton of content since I had access to all the previous expansions, but that's still a hefty price.

So my question for those with experience in wow expansions is are you expecting legion to bring a lot of value to the table? Will I be left behind in empty towns and such without the expansion? Does it even work that way?

Playing the game without the most recent expansion is always a pretty losing proposition. I imagine you'd quickly run out of things to do and get bored once you hit 100. The game is always completely focused on the most recent content.

The1Ski

Playing the game without the most recent expansion is always a pretty losing proposition. I imagine you'd quickly run out of things to do and get bored once you hit 100. The game is always completely focused on the most recent content.

That's the impression I've gotten and it's understandable.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I cant imagine anyone playing wow (or any game with expansions really) without the latest expansion

biaxident

disc seems pretty insane in BGs. I get focused by 4+ guys every time but still finish top 3 or 4 in healing and damage lol. If only alliance could ever figure out the hard mechanic of focusing healers we may actually win some.

Milennia

Yeah, US and Alliance. I already checked online to make sure there weren't any requirements to get in because I didn't want to pay up, get to the portal, and then have it turn me away. I'm on the Shadowsong and Borean Tundra connected realms, which seem populated well enough? The price still seems to go fairly high. Heh, been tempted to get a token to sell just to have enough gold.

we are running them on and off but ive taken 3 gaffers to get their moose for nothing so far, u can add me to real id and ill get u in when i havew a free slot

milennia#1634

we are running them on and off but ive taken 3 gaffers to get their moose for nothing so far, u can add me to real id and ill get u in when i havew a free slot

milennia#1634

I added you in game and out of game through Battle.net Launcher. I've had some weird issues for awhile where it seems to have trouble adding people because it never shows any attempts as pending.

If it's not showing for you maybe try adding me back? LordWibble#1924.

My work hours are fairly terrible but if your group goes on Sunday or Monday those are my days off and I can plan to hit a time then with you. The rest of the week I'm out from 11a-10:30p PDT due to work.

Edit: Or maybe pending is just where invites sent to me go and I can't see the invites I've sent there? In which case maybe there's been no problems but people never accept the invites I sent out so I assume there's a problem? Hmm. Anyhow, hopefully it works out!

Milennia

I added you in game and out of game through Battle.net Launcher. I've had some weird issues for awhile where it seems to have trouble adding people because it never shows any attempts as pending.

If it's not showing for you maybe try adding me back? LordWibble#1924.

My work hours are fairly terrible but if your group goes on Sunday or Monday those are my days off and I can plan to hit a time then with you. The rest of the week I'm out from 11a-10:30p PDT due to work.

Edit: Or maybe pending is just where invites sent to me go and I can't see the invites I've sent there? In which case maybe there's been no problems but people never accept the invites I sent out so I assume there's a problem? Hmm. Anyhow, hopefully it works out!

i got you

can u share your import strings for bartender/suf when done?

Finished UI (with target of target, focus, and focus target shown):

SUF Import String
Bartender 4 LUA File

SUF You just copy/paste in the importer in the settings. Bartender is a bit more complicated - you have to drag it to C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\ACCOUNTNAME\SavedVariables

Once there it should load up my profiles. The one I use is called "Legion Masque 1920x1080". To get it to look properly, you need to have Masque with the Apathy skin installed. The specific settings there are make sure you have Apathy selected for all of Bartender 4, then put the opacity slider to 35% and enable the backdrop checkbox. I set it to disable for the bag bar though.

That should get you the base of my UI. The other major things would be Details! for damage/healing/threat, SexyMap for the map, Quartz for cast bars (that has a fair bit of config as well), and Titan Panel for the info pane at the top.

All that is pretty much it in terms of immediately visible looks - if you have any questions about other particular settings or addons I use, feel free to ask. Note that this is all configured specifically for a 1920x1080 display. Any other resolution you'd probably have to adjust things.

EDIT: Forgot to configure the buffs/debuffs on the player and target frames in SUF, uh, I'll reupload that paste when I fix it.
EDIT 2: SUF REUPLOADED, current link is correct.

I haven't read a Warcraft book in years but I remember enjoying The Last Guardian and Lord of the Clans. I don't know how well they'd hold up if I read them now though.

Mythic is the only difficulty for Siege of Orgrimmar and beyond that has a strict one kill per week, per boss lockout for raids. Normal and Heroic do not share lockouts, and they only have loot lockouts so you can do the bosses ad infinitum for achievement purposes

Mythic dungeons have loot lockout and can be repeated over and over like Normal and Heroic raids. Only Mythic raids have the old school, hard lockout.

We tried this tonight. Did the kills up to siege crafter then brought in an alt. Alt got the siege crafter kill. Disbanded and reformed. All previous bosses were up BUT siege crafter. Is there a port to skip to the back end of siege?

We tried this tonight. Did the kills up to siege crafter then brought in an alt. Alt got the siege crafter kill. Disbanded and reformed. All previous bosses were up BUT siege crafter. Is there a port to skip to the back end of siege?

You have to kill Paragons to get the checkpoint for Garrosh IIRC.

Top Bottom